Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:17:09 PM

Which coins exactly we have involved with coinmarket.io incident?

Reddcoin, Karmacoin, Penguincoin and Mintcoin?

These are correct.  We did not lose any Reddcoin (didn't have any outstanding at the time).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oktay50000

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

https://www.coinmarket.io/ was scamm HuhHuh??

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
Norpps

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:21:29 PM

Well its unknown what it is, however very poor business at least.
DrunkenDonkey

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:34:50 PM

my monitor has 3ports:1 analog,1 dvi,1 hdmi .I plug top r290 to dvi port with dvi to hdmi adapter and plug the igpu to hdmi port.After i start pc with igpu windows 7 saying there are no amd drivers installed and they dont work

I found out to install properly the amd drivers the igpu needs to be disabled. So disable it, reinstall amd drivers, see that everything works, then enable again. On 2 of my computers had to do the same, no idea why.
tblack

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

Teamviewer work on Windows 8.1 ?

Yes, that's what I use

Cool, Thanks for the info, Don't suppose you know if teamviewer hits the gpu at all ? Because I know TightVNC is supposed to not affect it, I don't have integrated graphics so it's not an option.

no, but sometimes when i connect i see the main card drop a few kh, but then creeps back up to its normal rate. 

Same here. Not a big deal tho.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:48:37 PM

Alright, a heads up guys.

Early this morning we suffered a DDOS that got through our DDOS protection, and our server was taken out of use for about 3 hours (3:00am until 6:00am) by our host.  We've hardened protections further, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.  That said, unfortunately, DDOS's are one of the hardest things to fight, so the best we can do is make it harder and harder for people to attack us.

That brings us to our next piece:
Tomorrow will be a day of upgrades.  We will be doubling our server capacity across the board, and as part of that, various pieces of the site will be down for varying lengths of time.

Some pieces of wafflepool will not require major downtime.  Things like stratum endpoints will have bigger boxes spun up side-by-side, and then have DNS records updated.  You'll most likely see a disconnect, and will transparently reconnect to the new box.  If your DNS is cached locally (either at your internet provider, or on your local machine), it may not connect right away, and need to wait for the cache to flush.  To make sure you don't lose any mining time MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP POOL SETUP.  When each of these are being changed, I'll have a post up in the header of the site.

Other pieces of wafflepool, when getting upgraded (master database), will bring everything to a halt for a short time.  Ideally I'll have a much better idea of how long it will take as we get closer, but early guesses are about an hour, maybe two.  I'm currently working on a system that may make us be able to mine during that cutover, but I'm not 100% sure yet.  One of two things will happen during the database upgrade.  Either 1) Everything will be turned off for that hour (mining as well) and you'll failover to your backup pool.  Or 2) We'll keep mining up by logging everything to an extra logging server (shares, blocks, etc), and process it back in when the new master database is up and running.
tblack

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:52:03 PM

that dummy plug works with r290?i mean can i use igpu with r290?

Nope, you have to use real monitor cable and a real monitor. Good is most monitors have more than 1 port, use something hdmi and dvi

If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/EVGA_GTX_660_SC_2GB_9.gif

Simple dummy plug:

http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

I learned it from here, myself. Works perfectly.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

Uniphase21: what whale?  I don't see anybody standing out with huge hashing power right now, and wafflepool is over 16GH...

The sorting is off in the stats, it might be there, but I'm totally not digging through all of it to find. But we have not seen 7 or so GH/s drop in the hashrate, so the whale must be somewhere inside.

You're right...
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp

He's still hashing, and at about 8GH/s now (half the pool)...

@PoolWaffle: is there a reason you have chosen to hide sfire from the miners page?

I'm doing my best to not treat him/(them?) any differently.

Yet, 7a8678b8 definitely isn't showing on the miners page anymore...[/b]

Overall, I couldn't care less about this whale - big hashing power like this causes way less server load then tons of little miners.  And I suppose I understand why you might hide him from the miner's page (to stop questions), but it still smells off when you seem to have been very upfront about the pool's operations until now.

I'm just wondering... This guy is HUGE - "Hash Rate: 15.70 GH/s (5min approximated)"
Stats for 14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp (hash: 7a8678b8)
But I still can't see him on miners page... 1) Why? 2) Is this going to be fixed?

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
moon.raker

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:01:33 PM

Perhaps slightly off topic, but just wanted to check if anyone's come across this...

My main PC (this one I'm reading this forum from) uses Windows 7 SP1, and cgminer 3.7.2 with CGWatcher.  It all works fine, but recently I switched to using Chrome (having used Firefox before), and have now noticed that whenever I maximise (or have it open in a window - not maximised) Chrome, my hash-rate drops significantly.  Normally, it's at around 745 Kh/s, and with Chrome on top, it drops to about 680-700.  Minimise Chrome (or shut it down) and the hash rate goes straight back up, nearly instantly.  It's repeatable, and it's definitely Chrome affecting the hash rate.  I haven't noticed this with Firefox, but the reason I switched to Chrome was my tabs-fetish was getting out of hand (I was using groups in Firefox, and had something like 40-50 tabs open per group and about 5-6 groups, yes, I know, insane  Roll Eyes).  So now I'm trying a tab-diet, and have only about 20 tabs open in Chrome, but it's doing this weird thing.

Has anyone come across anything like this, anyone here specifically uses Chrome and CGWatcher/cgminer, and can perhaps do a quick test?

Weirdly, I googled this, and found a couple of threads on other forums where people were experiencing THE EXACT OPPOSITE issue, in that their hashing rate INCREASED when they had Chrome open, and would drop with it minimised or closed.

Huh

P.S.  Waffle, you rock. Smiley

If your intensity is high you will see a drop doing anything, If you want to use it while mining drop the intensity.

Or you can use the integrated graphics. I use my work computer that way with 2 amd cards mining on I18 and my system is still snappy. I put a dummy plug to one of the AMD cards because you can't control the cards without it (only stock clocks and fan speed). On win8 it is more of an issue. Win8 won't load the driver if you don't have a monitor (or dummy plug) plugged in.

or u can use an amd based system , and it loads all its drivers w/o dummyplug + u can even use the IGP for mining , not like thats really worth it  Grin
sve

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:10:02 PM

Perhaps slightly off topic, but just wanted to check if anyone's come across this...

<SNIP>

P.S.  Waffle, you rock. Smiley

If your intensity is high you will see a drop doing anything, If you want to use it while mining drop the intensity.

Or you can use the integrated graphics. I use my work computer that way with 2 amd cards mining on I18 and my system is still snappy. I put a dummy plug to one of the AMD cards because you can't control the cards without it (only stock clocks and fan speed). On win8 it is more of an issue. Win8 won't load the driver if you don't have a monitor (or dummy plug) plugged in.

or u can use an amd based system , and it loads all its drivers w/o dummyplug + u can even use the IGP for mining , not like thats really worth it  Grin

you can browse when using BAMT
Norpps

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:12:09 PM

Early this morning we suffered a DDOS that got through our DDOS protection, and our server was taken out of use for about 3 hours (3:00am until 6:00am) by our host.  We've hardened protections further, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.  That said, unfortunately, DDOS's are one of the hardest things to fight, so the best we can do is make it harder and harder for people to attack us.

Tomorrow will be a day of upgrades.  We will be doubling our server capacity across the board, and as part of that, various pieces of the site will be down for varying lengths of time.

Some pieces of wafflepool will not require major downtime.  Things like stratum endpoints will have bigger boxes spun up side-by-side, and then have DNS records updated.  You'll most likely see a disconnect, and will transparently reconnect to the new box.  If your DNS is cached locally (either at your internet provider, or on your local machine), it may not connect right away, and need to wait for the cache to flush.  To make sure you don't lose any mining time MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP POOL SETUP.  When each of these are being changed, I'll have a post up in the header of the site.

Other pieces of wafflepool, when getting upgraded (master database), will bring everything to a halt for a short time.  Ideally I'll have a much better idea of how long it will take as we get closer, but early guesses are about an hour, maybe two.  I'm currently working on a system that may make us be able to mine during that cutover, but I'm not 100% sure yet.  One of two things will happen during the database upgrade.  Either 1) Everything will be turned off for that hour (mining as well) and you'll failover to your backup pool.  Or 2) We'll keep mining up by logging everything to an extra logging server (shares, blocks, etc), and process it back in when the new master database is up and running.

Could you please specify roughly GMT/UTC time when those upgrades will occur? Thanks.
diwskwmx

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:20:12 PM

I added a hashrate table for the last 72 hours to www.wafflecharts.com.  How far back would people be interested in?  I don't see any reason why it couldn't show from the beginning of data collection.
tblack

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:23:36 PM

Simple dummy plug:

I forgot to tell that the first resistor is enough. You don't need 3.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:24:45 PM

Could you please specify roughly GMT/UTC time when those upgrades will occur? Thanks.

Unknown at this time.  I'll give the best estimates I can as I know them.  Sorry I can't be more specific there Sad
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

Unknown at this time.  I'll give the best estimates I can as I know them.  Sorry I can't be more specific there Sad

did we lose any shares during the DDOS earlier or was it just the front end site that went down?

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:40:38 PM

i have used this pool, not the best one, but at least they are honest in their stats
lagster

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:12:15 PM

why are you guys asking for help with your hardware, remote desktop software and your cat's late periods in here? pages and pages of offtopic and even more pages of answers to offtopic.
this thread is for wafflepool related topics, right?  Undecided
Norpps

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:33:01 PM

Early this morning we suffered a DDOS that got through our DDOS protection, and our server was taken out of use for about 3 hours (3:00am until 6:00am) by our host.  We've hardened protections further, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.  That said, unfortunately, DDOS's are one of the hardest things to fight, so the best we can do is make it harder and harder for people to attack us.

Tomorrow will be a day of upgrades.  We will be doubling our server capacity across the board, and as part of that, various pieces of the site will be down for varying lengths of time.

Some pieces of wafflepool will not require major downtime.  Things like stratum endpoints will have bigger boxes spun up side-by-side, and then have DNS records updated.  You'll most likely see a disconnect, and will transparently reconnect to the new box.  If your DNS is cached locally (either at your internet provider, or on your local machine), it may not connect right away, and need to wait for the cache to flush.  To make sure you don't lose any mining time MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP POOL SETUP.  When each of these are being changed, I'll have a post up in the header of the site.

Other pieces of wafflepool, when getting upgraded (master database), will bring everything to a halt for a short time.  Ideally I'll have a much better idea of how long it will take as we get closer, but early guesses are about an hour, maybe two.  I'm currently working on a system that may make us be able to mine during that cutover, but I'm not 100% sure yet.  One of two things will happen during the database upgrade.  Either 1) Everything will be turned off for that hour (mining as well) and you'll failover to your backup pool.  Or 2) We'll keep mining up by logging everything to an extra logging server (shares, blocks, etc), and process it back in when the new master database is up and running.

did we lose any shares during the DDOS earlier or was it just the front end site that went down?

Seems that we did not loose any shares, stats got messed up though.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:45:31 PM

If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug.

Simple dummy plug:

Not all cards have a DVI-I connector, offering only DVI-D connectors, so you are wrong - a dvi/vga dummy plug will not work.  R9 290s do not work with those dummy plugs, and frankly, those 30sec dummy plugs are now pointless and stupid (modern drivers don't need them)

With 290s, some mobo's won't post without a monitor attached. Easiest solutions are attach a monitor, attach an hdmi switch, and buy a DP to VGA adapter (with active chip) and make a dummy plug with that.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:53:31 PM

This is from the last 2 pages, SERIOUSLY? wtf does this have anything to do with this pool? This just pollutes the thread. Please make another thread to have your orgy.

Perhaps slightly off topic, but just wanted... [snip]

It has something to do with gpu hw acceleration... [snip]

If your intensity is high you will see a drop doing anything, [snip]

Yes, that's what I use

Or you can use the integrated graphics... [snip]

Intensity is 13 (it's a 280X card, and 13 seems to suit it well)... [snip]

First, go to the bios and set integrated to primary. Then you can plug it... [snip]

that dummy plug works with r290?i mean can i use igpu with r290?

Cool, Thanks for the info, Don't suppose you know if teamviewer hits the gpu at all ? [snip]

Nope, you have to use real monitor cable and a real monitor. Good is most monitors have more than 1 port, use something hdmi and dvi

my monitor has 3ports:1 analog,1 dvi,1 hdmi... [snip]

no, but sometimes when i connect i see the main card drop a few kh, but then creeps back up to its normal rate. 

I found out to install properly the amd drivers the igpu needs to be disabled...[snip]

Same here. Not a big deal tho.

If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug... [snip]

or u can use an amd based system , and it loads all its drivers w/o dummyplug...[snip]

you can browse when using BAMT

I forgot to tell that the first resistor is enough. You don't need 3.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: