Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:28:52 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

We had one of our servers crash today.  It might have just been a really oddly timed coincidence that you saw it happen.  About 1/18th of our pool stopped accepting shares for about 10 minutes before I was alerted and it got restarted.  This is pretty rare, we've had a server go down maybe twice in the last week (and this is the reason I want to expand our server cluster when I'm back tomorrow/friday).

this has happened several times now, 1 minute goes by, cgwatcher restarts the miner, and i start getting accepted shares again.  i didn't post this to criticize your pool btw, so no need to try to explain anything.  i thought that maybe this would help others get the most out of their mining time.  not sure how to explain why i don't get accepted shares for 1 minute periods at times, but at least with cgwatcher i don't have to babysit.  1 minute might be a short period of time anyway.  i just think it works for me.

btw, is there any penalty of disconnecting and reconnecting like that?

No offense taken.  I thought it was just one time today, and figured that could be a possible explanation Smiley  Shouldn't be any penalty for the disconnect/reconnected other than than the few hundred milliseconds of downtime where you're not working (minimal).
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:22:52 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

1 minute seems too low especially with a fixed difficulty of 512.  I recommend increasing it to 5.

cloudrck

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink
But we're taking out the trash by killing copy/paste shitcoins
The Fat Miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

I have a rather strange request, I'm away from the place I left my rig and I set it all up correctly left it all night running cool, Then I had to go visit my gf family which is 1300km away , I checked the hash rate before I slept at a hotel and it was still running, After I woke hash rate is zero and had been more or less straight after I slept , Then sudden bursts here and there later in the day, Now my guesses are, Electric failed? Already asked and that's not the case because it's a big complex and the owner told me it's working, Internet is down ? She said it's not, And why sudden bursts of hashing ? I don't really trust the owner of the place, I'm pretty sure somebody has broken in and taken my rig , Is there anyway to see the IP address of where it mined last ? Which ISP ?, I have two servers for Wafflepool set up as failover so it should be running.

Anyway here's my btc address all help is very welcome because I'm worried and also gutted to think it might be gone 17irVYRJxWNP8ocYm3zPMYiNKbssd5xfNm

Hope somebody has a suggestion apart from the obvious go back and look  Huh
Axco

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

Why not call a friend and ask them to check in on your place to see if it is secure.

When you get home buy an IPcam and install it where you can see your rig, so that you can log onto it from your phone to look in your place to see if all is ok for when you are away next. You can set them up to record and have motion detection also.

Buy and install a motion detection alarm that calls you from a cheap mobile phone if anyone enters your home while you are away.

Order yourself a pizza for delivery and wait to see if they call back to say no answer, whats going on ? If after an hour there is no call you should call the pizza place back and say where is my pizza. If they say it was delivered and paid for then some one is in your home eating a pizza probably.

You can do the same with a taxi / cab,

Call your landlord to say you had a call saying you had been broken in to, you have called the police could he go and wait for them to arrive .

May be your rig is just malfunctioning, or the place is on fire because it overheated and the building is burning down.

I would not worry too much if you had been broken in to I am sure you would of had a call by now, and the insurance will pay for you a brand new rig in that event or if there has been a fire.
luthan

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:29:53 PM

I have a rather strange request, I'm away from the place I left my rig and I set it all up correctly left it all night running cool, Then I had to go visit my gf family which is 1300km away , I checked the hash rate before I slept at a hotel and it was still running, After I woke hash rate is zero and had been more or less straight after I slept , Then sudden bursts here and there later in the day, Now my guesses are, Electric failed? Already asked and that's not the case because it's a big complex and the owner told me it's working, Internet is down ? She said it's not, And why sudden bursts of hashing ? I don't really trust the owner of the place, I'm pretty sure somebody has broken in and taken my rig , Is there anyway to see the IP address of where it mined last ? Which ISP ?, I have two servers for Wafflepool set up as failover so it should be running.

Anyway here's my btc address all help is very welcome because I'm worried and also gutted to think it might be gone 17irVYRJxWNP8ocYm3zPMYiNKbssd5xfNm

you dont have anything setup to remote control the box?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lagster

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:33:49 PM

i bet your gf's mother planned all this. she lured you away from your rig with her doughter and a moment you turned away, distracted - all your money belong to them. oo
tblack

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:55:04 PM

I don't think if somebody took your rig then turn it on and mine with it...
Most likely a malfunction. System reboots continuously and sometimes got a minute to mine before that. Or a card failing and cgwatcher restarts it. Something like that.
Next time use something like Teamviewer. That's a nice remote app that needs no port forwarding, only a few clicks to run. I even use it from my Android phone.
o_oo_o

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:01:52 AM

Anyone else seeing a bunch of duplicate shares today?  I had to restart my rig today and after an hour I'm seeing ~2.3% rejects, all duplicate.  Most days I'm well under 1%.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:12:33 AM

Anyone else seeing a bunch of duplicate shares today?  I had to restart my rig today and after an hour I'm seeing ~2.3% rejects, all duplicate.  Most days I'm well under 1%.
I have been seeing an increase in Duplicate Share rejects over the past while, yes.  But this has been several days, not just today. Duplicate Shares account for the majority of my rejects now it seems.
oktay50000

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:04:29 AM

wtf is happening in crypto market???
profit rate falling to ltc maybe below
 Huh Huh
any ideas?

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
bolus7

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:19:06 AM

For the future, use something like VNC or http://www.splashtop.com/ to log in remotely.  I use splashtop to log in from my phone from home to check on the miners. 

For several days one of my miners was crashing at 9:0am ever day.  CGwatcher wasnt even restarting it.  I had to log in a give it a kick to get working again.  no clue what the problem was. 
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:22:25 AM

poolwaffle

thank you very much for your work in putting together this pool and maintaining it.. i know that at times it can seem to be a thankless endeavor.  Ignore the naysayers...  Wink

Have you given any thought to a minimum payout?  So that my wallet isn't spammed with sub .1 btc payouts?  I'd prefer jsut leaving those in my account until my next payout.

Thanks!

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:08:26 AM

Huh Huh
any ideas?

People are starting to realize a crap clone coin made by a kid in his mom's basement might not have any long term value or following... That is the problem in a nutshell. Too many coins and bids are spread too thin combined with a lot of selling. Constant selling.

I will not be surprised if the time of multipools has passed and end up just mining 2-3 coins max. At that point i will just pick the coin i want to mine myself...
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:13:15 AM

Anybody else not able to connect to the main website? I stopped pool mining when all the coins started to get sh1t on by them, decreasing all profits across the board. I just wanted to check the stats page and I can't connect.
northwind6

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:19:11 AM

Anybody else not able to connect to the main website? I stopped pool mining when all the coins started to get sh1t on by them, decreasing all profits across the board. I just wanted to check the stats page and I can't connect.

Same here
MACROMOLECULE

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:43:41 AM

Same here

Same here
Datalore1

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:52:03 AM

My miners are still connected and submitting accepted shares but the website and wafflestats are not working, sadly.
Deroba

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:05:18 AM

Only the website isn't working.

Pool is 100% functional!
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:09:54 AM

Huh Huh
any ideas?

People are starting to realize a crap clone coin made by a kid in his mom's basement might not have any long term value or following... That is the problem in a nutshell. Too many coins and bids are spread too thin combined with a lot of selling. Constant selling.

I will not be surprised if the time of multipools has passed and end up just mining 2-3 coins max. At that point i will just pick the coin i want to mine myself...

LTC, DOGE and some others aren't going anywhere.  Most people know there are crap coins but they also know there are really good coins that are built responsibly and stand to serve a meaningful interest as viable currency.  

The market of constant buying and selling affected by various external influences is what will eventually sink or boost any of the coins.  No sudden epiphany of a few hipsters will ever end crypto currency.  The only thing to fear is action and inaction of the fearful.  Or, more specifically, the massively hysterical.  

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: