Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465522 times)
bolus7

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:12:58 PM

Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it. 

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault. 

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acrobat

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:13:38 PM

@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink
Acrobat

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:15:52 PM

Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it.  

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault.  

I'm not mining here so I am not the one to blame. It's the auto-profit switching pools and ultimately the stupid, greedy and lazy clients of these pools demanding profits at all costs doing nothing but complaining profits aren't high enough.
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:31:10 PM

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it.  

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault.  

I'm not mining here so I am not the one to blame. It's the auto-profit switching pools and ultimately the stupid, greedy and lazy clients of these pools demanding profits at all costs doing nothing but complaining profits aren't high enough.

Fuck, I thought we were mining for a loss..all this time making money! Who knew?
Acrobat

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:36:36 PM

Fuck, I thought we were mining for a loss..all this time making money! Who knew?

Lol, you can make so much more money! Mining at a multi-coin auto switching profit pool is the least profitable way, it's for the lazy and stupid people.
zneww

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:39:38 PM

Your coin choosing algorithms are a bit simple then if they are affected so much by pumps.  Undecided Since you wrecked the coin and need at least 103 confirms before you can trade the coins I'm happy to see you're not going to make much money out of it anyway. Since wrecking the coin, prices are down as well. Block times are high since you left the remaining miners at a very high difficulty, high enough for them to walk away, so you're probably no where near those 103 confirms yet. For once I hope prices will drop further so you'll be left with worthless coins and maybe learn something out of it.

umm,  why you you blaming him?  Is it not your hashing power helping "wreck" these coins?  He may be steering the car but you are helping push the gas pedal.  If we run over a few people I think its a little bit you fault too?   seriously, go somewhere else if you dont like it. 

Does anyone anywhere take any responsibility for themselves anymore?    I must have missed that class in school where you learn that nothing is ever your fault. 

Lol, you can make so much more money! Mining at a multi-coin auto switching profit pool is the least profitable way, it's for the lazy and stupid people.

Oh vay.......I wouldn't have said that. You are calling out over aprox 50Gh/s of hashing power over various pools out. You are a joke. Most "lazy and stupid people" HAVE JOBS. With that being said, if everyone had time to "make so much more money" then why isn't everyone doing it? Mining is a fucking hobby. If you want to make it a full time job, have fun.
Acrobat

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:50:04 PM

OK fair enough, I could have added 'other priorities' to the list of reasons to mine at a pool like Waffle.

I think then it's all they deserve though but if only people would convert some of the energy put into complaining and whining about lowering "profits" into something that really helps them they would learn there are other easy ways to earn money with just that little bit more effort. Bye now!
zneww

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:55:44 PM

Stupid troll.
anaxagorasbc

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:56:50 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.  I think someone got butt hurt over aurora coin crashing because he dumped his life savings into it at the high and now is freaking out.
bolus7

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

Ah ok.  good luck to you sir.  Your opinion isnt needed then.  On to the ignore list
LPCobris

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:19:49 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:30:33 PM by LPCobris

@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.... Please...
I hate this moralism crap!...

Keep the good work PoolWaffle, and lets all get money (and i mean good money), and do "rape" alt coins if they get us some good profit...

I don´t care about false moralisms... but i do care if im going to the caribbean this summer! 0.0001 BTC Donated to you PoolWaffer! Smiley

LPC
Acrobat

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Call me a moralist I call you dumb and short-sighted... Have fun at the "carabean", I guess you mean the caribbean islands. Maybe next summer I'll see you at the Maldives!  Grin
bolus7

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:35:18 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.... Please...
I hate this moralism crap!...

Keep the good work PoolWaffle, and lets all get money (and i mean good money), and do "rape" alt coins if they get us some good profit...

I don´t care about false moralisms... but i do care if im going to the caribbean this summer! 0.0001 BTC Donated to you PoolWaffer! Smiley

LPC

Ahrrr! I vote we change the name of the pool to PirateWaffle!  Plunder all the coins mates!
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:38:05 PM

I get a huge kick out of people who complain about multi-pools "damaging" or "destroying" altcoins.  If an altcoin market isn't strong enough to survive a big sell off, or the protocol isn't built well enough to handle difficulty spikes, then that altcoin deserves to get hammered.

That said, AUR didn't bomb because of WafflePool.  It bombed because it's price rise was ridiculous - driven mostly by the largely bullshit coinmarketcap.com valuation that includes the pre-mined (and inactive/non-circulated) coins.
luthan

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:27:52 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.
What is your hashrate?

I never restart my miners unless doing updates or major changes, and do not have any issues.
luthan

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.
What is your hashrate?

I never restart my miners unless doing updates or major changes, and do not have any issues.

1300 on pc
2300 on rig

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
nosurrender

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:18 PM

You must be joking, right? What "coin markets" are you talking about? The tons and tons of useless crappy coins, often enough a bad copy of a copy of a copy, created by toolsets on the net for 0.1 btc or less that break into orphan-pieces, if hashpower switches quickly? With blocktimes of a few seconds?

When it becomes clear, that there is no real value in any of the new new new coins, the price drops and the coin vanishes, like many before. That has nothing to do with Profit Pools or Multipools or auto-switching rigs as there were many before the 4, 5 big pools.

The system is due to fail and as long as it lasts, every one trys to make a buck or two out of his electric power.

Quit whining and go playing outside if you like. Hope, that wasn´t to politically correct too. Wink

PS: sorry for offtopic, but I had to vent apparantly Smiley
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:07:05 PM

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

We had one of our servers crash today.  It might have just been a really oddly timed coincidence that you saw it happen.  About 1/18th of our pool stopped accepting shares for about 10 minutes before I was alerted and it got restarted.  This is pretty rare, we've had a server go down maybe twice in the last week (and this is the reason I want to expand our server cluster when I'm back tomorrow/friday).
luthan

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:16:12 PM

We had one of our servers crash today.  It might have just been a really oddly timed coincidence that you saw it happen.  About 1/18th of our pool stopped accepting shares for about 10 minutes before I was alerted and it got restarted.  This is pretty rare, we've had a server go down maybe twice in the last week (and this is the reason I want to expand our server cluster when I'm back tomorrow/friday).

this has happened several times now, 1 minute goes by, cgwatcher restarts the miner, and i start getting accepted shares again.  i didn't post this to criticize your pool btw, so no need to try to explain anything.  i thought that maybe this would help others get the most out of their mining time.  not sure how to explain why i don't get accepted shares for 1 minute periods at times, but at least with cgwatcher i don't have to babysit.  1 minute might be a short period of time anyway.  i just think it works for me.

btw, is there any penalty of disconnecting and reconnecting like that?

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: