Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:57:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:30:53 AM

I fired up autohunter with four bots (one from each color), and it kept crashing after a couple turns/blocks, so I launched from terminal to keep window open and got this error:

INFO:root:name_update 'jw-26yerc2': d1ee0caf06a52b33d4d06f2b1da49ff9eea3d036aca0c96e84a09b883f04b034
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\mainGather.py", line 64, in <module>
    if controller.persist ("gather.state"):
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 225, in persist
    control.loop (strategy)
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 255, in loop
    self._sendMoves ()
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 463, in _sendMoves
    p.sendMoves ()
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\player.py", line 473, in sendMoves
    res = self._rpc.call ("name_update", [self.name, val])
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\namerpc.py", line 108, in call
    raise RpcError(val)  # attn: different format for client and nmcontrol
namerpc.RpcError: {u'id': 383, u'result': None, u'error': {u'message': u'Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of
the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spe
nt here.', u'code': -4}}

I ended up just commenting out lines 473, 474, and 476 in player.py, and it seems to be working ok now.

Hopefully someday soon I'll get some time to really dig into code and modify it a bit...or maybe I should give mithrilman edition a shot I guess...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:32:46 AM

Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

besides i lost 400 huc just on the disaster thingy

Disspointed

It's true. I'm also were trying to return to playing. Wasted about 100 hucs and quit. We need a new gameplay obviously. What about ChronoKings, is it under development?

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:52:11 AM

Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

Disspointed

It's true. I'm also were trying to return to playing. Wasted about 100 hucs and quit. We need a new gameplay obviously. What about ChronoKings, is it under development?

we are discussion about gameplay changes here, please contribute: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

we are talking about:
- removing disaster kill (please says your thoughts)
- implementing teleports

basically, i'm for removing disaster to preserve player money and introduce a teleport system to speed up things and at the same time give something to game mechanics, implementing something that's near to the "tower defence" concept of many of current games, here my thoughts: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,702.msg3641.html#msg3641

here a summary:
Quote from: MithrilMan

didn't placed letters, etc. but should be pretty clear

note: no TP back to base, i'll tell you why

now let me list how teleport works in my concept because i think it's interesting and i applied some "tower defense" game style to it (it's a trend nowadays)

- everytime you use a teleport, you spend 5 HUCS. This way, the more people you control the more you spend, while we add a lot of fun to the concept  (*1)
- the teleport cost, is added to a loot that belongs to the teleport itself (so the teleport has a value that increase over time)
- teleport LANDING areas are safe zones, no one can trigger destruct there (only landing areas!)
- teleport STARTING areas are NOT safe zones, so anyone can destruct there
- when you get teleported, you can't move for few blocks (5?) [to prevent at some extent the "following" thing snailbrain is afraid of but not punish too much genuine players] (maybe not necessary and would could interfere with next point)
- teleports is active for 20 blocks, then need a 10 blocks recharge time (this thing too to prevent the "following" issue and to complicate a little bit more invasions, etc...
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area, he doesn't get teleported anywhere
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area and DESTRUCT, he will get the teleport loot (so all the collected tolls from hunter that used it since last teleport destruct) right into his address, no need to bank it. It's a potential big reward (increase during time like a jackpot) and would be a nice target once it gets high value
- a destructed teleport area inhibit it to works for some time (1 day? it would be very hard and risky to do so it should have a big impact on gameplay too)
- colored peripheral (or even the central ones) landing areas are bank area too (this is why there is no need for a teleport back to base)

hucs can be taken right from hunter value, so you spend 200 to create a hunter, then enter the teleport and it's value is 195, so would be easier to manage the toll required by teleporters instead of taking other sums from address, etc.. and there is a less risk to run out of hucs

I think this would be very funny and worthy and technically the implementation shouldn't be much hard and could be done in this fork

Quote from: bgb
I do wonder if moving the outer landing zone away from the coin spawn would be more appropriate, more to where snailbrain has it.

if you move landing areas enemies would have too much difficult reaching the enemy spawn zone to destroy the teleporters and if someone siege the teleport area, would be cannon fodder because you just need create some hunters of the TP color and to go kill them and then bank in few minutes (as you stated somewhere in the past, sieging teleport areas isn't much an issue)

if we let landing tp areas being bank area too, we mix togheter the "miner" gamestyle with pvp play style better (so who wants to mine have a bank area near, but it's more exposed to enemies so can't farm too easily and anyway with many player, the coins shared would be too few to be relevant)

at the same time, pvp action would be possible everywhere (even because going to enemy spawn area would be worthy after some days of teleport usage)
we could even do that a % of the collected coins from middle banks areas goes to teleport loot, so it would become even more worthy!

i think that this way even the crown would be a bit useless, we could remove it and split its current perblock income among the teleporters and we could give to the crown another meaning (e.g. having a blast radius of 10, so who has the crown can organize an attack to an enemy teleport and so destroy it from a larger distance!

this is the quadrant map with color based on my expected difficult for people that like to mine (passive play style)

green = very easy
yellow/orange = easy but with some risk
red = dangerous

here the quadrant map about my expected pvp actions

Opinions?

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 11:44:20 AM

Disspointed

we are discussion about gameplay changes here, please contribute: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

we are talking about:
- removing disaster kill (please says your thoughts)
- implementing teleports

basically, i'm for removing disaster to preserve player money and introduce a teleport system to speed up things and at the same time give something to game mechanics, implementing something that's near to the "tower defence" concept of many of current games, here my thoughts: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,702.msg3641.html#msg3641

here a summary:
Quote from: MithrilMan

didn't placed letters, etc. but should be pretty clear

note: no TP back to base, i'll tell you why

now let me list how teleport works in my concept because i think it's interesting and i applied some "tower defense" game style to it (it's a trend nowadays)

- everytime you use a teleport, you spend 5 HUCS. This way, the more people you control the more you spend, while we add a lot of fun to the concept  (*1)
- the teleport cost, is added to a loot that belongs to the teleport itself (so the teleport has a value that increase over time)
- teleport LANDING areas are safe zones, no one can trigger destruct there (only landing areas!)
- teleport STARTING areas are NOT safe zones, so anyone can destruct there
- when you get teleported, you can't move for few blocks (5?) [to prevent at some extent the "following" thing snailbrain is afraid of but not punish too much genuine players] (maybe not necessary and would could interfere with next point)
- teleports is active for 20 blocks, then need a 10 blocks recharge time (this thing too to prevent the "following" issue and to complicate a little bit more invasions, etc...
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area, he doesn't get teleported anywhere
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area and DESTRUCT, he will get the teleport loot (so all the collected tolls from hunter that used it since last teleport destruct) right into his address, no need to bank it. It's a potential big reward (increase during time like a jackpot) and would be a nice target once it gets high value
- a destructed teleport area inhibit it to works for some time (1 day? it would be very hard and risky to do so it should have a big impact on gameplay too)
- colored peripheral (or even the central ones) landing areas are bank area too (this is why there is no need for a teleport back to base)

hucs can be taken right from hunter value, so you spend 200 to create a hunter, then enter the teleport and it's value is 195, so would be easier to manage the toll required by teleporters instead of taking other sums from address, etc.. and there is a less risk to run out of hucs

I think this would be very funny and worthy and technically the implementation shouldn't be much hard and could be done in this fork

Quote from: bgb
I do wonder if moving the outer landing zone away from the coin spawn would be more appropriate, more to where snailbrain has it.

if you move landing areas enemies would have too much difficult reaching the enemy spawn zone to destroy the teleporters and if someone siege the teleport area, would be cannon fodder because you just need create some hunters of the TP color and to go kill them and then bank in few minutes (as you stated somewhere in the past, sieging teleport areas isn't much an issue)

if we let landing tp areas being bank area too, we mix togheter the "miner" gamestyle with pvp play style better (so who wants to mine have a bank area near, but it's more exposed to enemies so can't farm too easily and anyway with many player, the coins shared would be too few to be relevant)

at the same time, pvp action would be possible everywhere (even because going to enemy spawn area would be worthy after some days of teleport usage)
we could even do that a % of the collected coins from middle banks areas goes to teleport loot, so it would become even more worthy!

i think that this way even the crown would be a bit useless, we could remove it and split its current perblock income among the teleporters and we could give to the crown another meaning (e.g. having a blast radius of 10, so who has the crown can organize an attack to an enemy teleport and so destroy it from a larger distance!

this is the quadrant map with color based on my expected difficult for people that like to mine (passive play style)

green = very easy
yellow/orange = easy but with some risk
red = dangerous

here the quadrant map about my expected pvp actions

Opinions?

I think these changes are great. They will definetely allow newcomers to play and at least get back hucs they've spent on hunters. And maybe this will drag ppl who were playing and quit back into game.

lolmoneylol

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:05:11 PM

A lot of improvements in this coin in the last few weeks. It definitely needs to be beginner friendly.
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 03:07:12 PM

i post here a proposal i've done on huntercoin forum, since there isn't much interation there atm, feel free to give opinions:

here a version with legends:

i consider just red but the concept of course applies to every color

A: this is the place where the teleports are. this area will be very interesting for PVP over time, because teleports require a toll of 5HUC to be taken, and the tolls stays inside each teleport, so it would increase its value pretty fast (based on how many players take the teleport) and so occasionally people will try to invade a color to take the big amount.
I remember that in my concept, the enemy hunter who destroys the teleport get instantly the loot, he doesn't have to go to bank it (-5% miners fee)

B: those two mirroed teleport landing areas, are safe areas where a hunter land after taking the corrispondent teleport at point A,
this area is near the conjunction area with the neighbor color and next to a choke that lead you to central areas. near that area there are some coin spawn area that would attract passive players (bots, semibot, "farmvill players") and so could be interesting for people who want to try to kill them.
This area is also much important when the neighbor color will try to invade to reach A point and destroy teleport, in such cases, the region around B will be very HOT

C: this is the teleport landing area for the remote region (opposite color). this is a very dangerous place because you are surrounded by all others colors: in this example you have yellow and green close to you, and blue that may want to invade that area to kill some and take its teleport back. Note that, while it could be a safe zone to collect coins, you don't have an easy way out to bank but you need to take one of the choke points, the nearest to a bank area is the choke leading to the very central area (E) where every white point there is a bank (for any color) but it's a choke, so very dangerous. C point could even be used as a backdoor to try to attack hunters from multiple direction with a "multicolor/stacked color" technique

D: this is an interesting teleport that will send your red to the spawn area.
Note that to reach that teleport, you'll have to pass through at least 2 enemy regions: if you are taking the outskirt route, passing near B, you'll have to pass the choke where green enemies will cause trouble, if you pass that, then you'll have to enter the central region where the landing blue remote teleport will spit out lot of blues, but once you succeed, you'll be able to kill/loot and then escape from the teleport! To add some spicy, we could allow crown to be banked only taking that teleport, so a crown holder need to dive into enemies. The other route you can take to reach that teleport, is passing from your remote teleport (C) and go through central area (where all colors would mix) or one of the other 2 chokes (but would be longer) and then pass near the blue remote teleport

E: this is the very central area, a really mess if you ask me! Here any colour could converge pretty easily starting from their remote teleports and then fight to reach one of the available banks (color agnostic). people who use remote teleports to try to collect coins or kill some enemies, may try to bank at those areas, so here pvp will be very tough!

I think that this map would be really fun and worthy to be tried Tongue

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
billybob2014

Activity: 121
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:50:35 AM

Looks good MM, this should be put into the next fork, there is no reason not to. 

How does one destroy a teleport and where do the coins end up?

I've just glanced over as I am busy.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 09:48:10 AM

Looks good MM, this should be put into the next fork, there is no reason not to. 

How does one destroy a teleport and where do the coins end up?

I've just glanced over as I am busy.

in my concept, to destroy a teleport a hunter has to get close enough to the teleport to hit it with his explosion range. (he could even enter teleport, a hunter get teleported just if he has the right color, so he wouldn't be affected by an enemy teleport).
Teleport is a single cell, not an area. Where the teleport send you, is an area (and it's safe, no one can harm you there)

Anyway once a hunter destroy the teleport, then its loot is sent, without the need to bank it, to the address of the hunter who destroyed it.
Destroying those teleports wouldn't be an easy task at all, this is the reason why the instant reward

with such a map, crown lose a bit of power/meaning, so i'd have used that to give to the holder an explosion range of 10 or something like that, so crown holder would act as the right weapon to destroy the teleport from some distance

Anyway atm it seems that this proposal sounds too complex to others to be implemented, so i've withdrawal my proposals (or better, i will not push them to be implemented), leaving to chose/propose what to change to others.

I'll keep going on with my client, adding extra features out of chain (like bounties, etc...) that don't require consensus (with very little community i found it very time consuming and not worthy because the time i spend doing graphs, reading, writing, explaining, etc... is time i subtract to my client, and having a full daily job and a family, this is something i can't afford if i want to keep improving the client)

talking about "out of chain" features, if someone has idea about features he would like to have, just tell me (the next one after bounties could be a lottery, where you can buy tickets and then every XX blocks a fair random ticket will be chosen)

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 09:04:16 AM

I've updated the chain download at http://chain.huntercoin.org/ again.  It is now at block 645k.  Be sure to verify my GPG signature if you want to be secure!  (But of course, you have to trust me if you use the download at all.)

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:08:59 AM

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1048.msg4242.html#msg4242

The same rift in chronos that produced the teleports has unleashed the scourge of the land.  Bubbles!!! the dragon Grin

After seeing the image of the dragon sprite. I keep imaging it running around the map gobbling up players and stealing their coins. Until of course a group of players slay the beast and claim the gold. Dragon respawns after x blocks.

Love that you guys are getting some use from the artwork!!
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:45:37 AM

Cheesy

Yes - will be fun for sure

---

just a note:

F2pool have donated 100k HUCs for development.

Thanks lots Smiley

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

Looking for some testers here

Game Attack Mechanics changing >> http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1254.0.html

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:13:54 AM

Yet another update to the chain download at http://chain.huntercoin.org/ - now at block 705k.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:39:29 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 11:20:29 PM by snailbrain

BETA HUNTERCOIN UNITY3D Edition - Release

FREE to USE - provided by crypto realities ltd.

Windows Version
https://mega.co.nz/#!kJEQhbzQ!Wu7rRPnMMAuaGUE25zFjy3zVw4Sv_E0-cb0ypNAgfLA

Mac
https://mega.co.nz/#!8YEgST5Y!WewtM2Sjvm3HXjUyhKZvlW_CgLqpIpwebVgPl9PxRk0

Linux / Ubuntu - Unity only supports ubuntu as default, if you are using another distro you may need some different dependencies.
https://mega.co.nz/#!VUtQHZZJ!Gs83zqYm4Qms3ANMTAvsVjpWhLr32BlWZUhZToUSXZY

Backup wallet/chain first as per usual.

I will create a more comprehensive guide asap, and a fool proof method for new users.. although I may wait until after the next hardfork which will bring some significant changes and will require some modifications to the Unity Client.

Overview

Mostly Self Explanatory -
Receive coins - will show your own addresses and allow you to create more.
Server Settings - enter your huntercoind/qt server settings (from your huntercoin.conf)

Alarm Settings - see below

Email Alerts for Alarms - enter your smtp details - probably possible to use with gmail  (may need to enable pop in gmail settings), have not tested with gmail yet, although works with a standard email account.

Hunters

Clicking ALL, will show all paths of every hunter on the map. You can disable this if you are having any performance issues (i've had none yet, but maybe if there are 10000s on the map it may be an issue). You can click an enemy on the map or multiple and it will show their paths. You can deselect them by clicking in the "selected hunter" window.
Clicking Pending will disable Pending Lines.
Pressing Update will check the Memory pool in real time and show you where someone has set a destination - aka pending. This also shows when someone is going to destruct by putting a red outline around the hunter on the map.

The 2 Hunters of mine show a status around the outside (outline).
Purple = Pending
Blue = Moving
Green = Ready
Red = Destructing
Yellow = Queued

You can multi select/unselect your hunters by just clicking them (no need to hold control).
To do click/click/click waypoints you need to hold control.

The client has been made with "touch" in mind - for the upcoming Android Release.

We will then proceed onto "instant play"

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:53:49 PM

that poor qt client (windows version)  1.2 keeps not responding then coming back then going back out.. and trying to sync is a real pain at week 66 Sad with ~ 20 restarts..

Icon

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:35:45 PM

that poor qt client (windows version)  1.2 keeps not responding then coming back then going back out.. and trying to sync is a real pain at week 66 Sad with ~ 20 restarts..

Icon

Have you tried downloading the chain from chain.huntercoin.org ?

should be much faster..

if you want to sync from scratch it may be quicker to use the daemon.. you can also use:

-printtoconsole=1 so it doesn't write the the debug.log

may help a little bit

-

Domob is working on Huntercore (based on namecoin which is a re-implementation of namecoin on bitcoin core). Hopefully should improve performance significantly - but could be some time.

If it helps - once you are synced, it's fine - the later blocks are much more rapid to download.

Icon

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:37:35 AM

I'll give it a shot, never really tried downloading a blockchain outside the qt, question do i just delete everything in the data folder (i don't have any coins in wallet) or do i need to keep any certain files in the data folder before i copy the .unzip files over?

Thanks

Icon
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:10:19 AM

I'll give it a shot, never really tried downloading a blockchain outside the qt, question do i just delete everything in the data folder (i don't have any coins in wallet) or do i need to keep any certain files in the data folder before i copy the .unzip files over?

Thanks

Icon

If you don't have any coins you can just delete everything (or nothing) and copy the downloaded blockchain into the data folder. In my experience, on windows, DO NOT use the built in system unzipper tool, make sure you use 7zip or something to unzip the blockchain archive. I think the windows system unzipper can't handle files bigger then 4 GB or something.
Icon

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:11:42 AM

Well i managed to download and unzip the blockchain and now the client is stuck on the loading screen the HUC huntercoin logo.. and yep hour later still sitting there looking at me funny Sad

Icon

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:15:21 AM

Well i managed to download and unzip the blockchain and now the client is stuck on the loading screen the HUC huntercoin logo.. and yep hour later still sitting there looking at me funny Sad

Icon

Can you check the log file and see if there's any errors or something popping up?
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: