Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:17:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:06:57 AM

I've been walking around the map with a single hunter/general for the last day or so, managing to collect about 30 coins or so, and I have a few questions about game mechanics that I'm unsure about:

1) In order to bank coins, I need to return to the spawn area and stay for a single turn? This won't result in my hunter/general's destruction?

2) If I stay in the spawn area for 30 turns, my hunter/general dies, right? Do I get a refund on the 200 HUC creation cost if I die in this manner?

3) The only way to die besides disasters and staying in spawn area for too long is to be killed by another exploding hunter/general, right? This means that it's generally uneconomical to kill someone carrying less than 200 HUC...?

4) Is there still a distinction between hunters and generals? I thought you used to get one general and two hunters for a single buy-in, but now you only get one player controlled character, so does this just mean every player on the map is a general? Or a hunter?

1) yes go over the spawn area and you'll bank and no, you won't be killed for that
2) right and yes
3) no, it's impossible that an hunter value actually is less then 200 (except hearted one, the one created picking up hearts on map). anyway when you kill someone you must consider that 4% of current value goes to miners after a hunter die and drop coins, and when you bank, another 10% goes to miners, so do your math
4) actually they are pretty the same, when you create a team, you get just a general, if you pick heart a normal hunter is created but with latest changes, only 1 heart every 500 blocks (if i remember right) is generated, so it's hard to find hearts

After you have practiced a bit with the QT, try my client (would seem another game) and you'll have more indepth information and available features (Windows only)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:10:37 AM

1) In order to bank coins, I need to return to the spawn area and stay for a single turn? This won't result in my hunter/general's destruction?

Exactly.  As soon as you enter the spawn area, your coins are banked.  You then have 30 blocks time to leave.  (You can even predefine a path that enters and then immediately leaves the spawn area as well, this will also bank your coins.)

2) If I stay in the spawn area for 30 turns, my hunter/general dies, right? Do I get a refund on the 200 HUC creation cost if I die in this manner?

Yes.  You get the full 200 HUC refunded (no miner fee) if you die due to the 30 block time limit.  Note that this does not apply if you would die also due to another cause, like poisoning or being killed by some attack.  It also does not apply to hunters created by collecting hearts, just to the generals for which you actually also paid the 200 HUC in the first place.

3) The only way to die besides disasters and staying in spawn area for too long is to be killed by another exploding hunter/general, right? This means that it's generally uneconomical to kill someone carrying less than 200 HUC...?

You are correct about the ways to die.  But note that a killed general "contains" and drops the 200 HUC it is worth, so you can collect that as well.  In effect, it is "economical" to kill them even if they are carrying much less than 200 HUC.  Even more, since your own general also drops 200 HUC, if you are able to collect both of them with a second hunter of yours, you'll be positive even if no coins are carried at all.

4) Is there still a distinction between hunters and generals? I thought you used to get one general and two hunters for a single buy-in, but now you only get one player controlled character, so does this just mean every player on the map is a general? Or a hunter?

No, the distinction is still there.  Only generals drop 200 HUC or refund you when "recycled" in the spawn area.  Hunters can still be created by collecting hearts.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:29:53 AM

Please check ASAP removal of disaster post >> http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,872.msg3265.html#new

Also - Please check Idea for lowering carry capacity but still making PvP worthwhile >> http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=871.0

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:56:45 PM

Thanks for answering questions hunterfolk Smiley
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 01:20:25 AM

I've just published the first video tutorial about my client, where i explain how to create and manage hunters
It's my first attempt at doing video tutorial and i'm not english, so excuse if i mispelled anything
no afterproduction to this video, so it's taken realtime and updated, hope it's fine Smiley

it's quite long (34 minutes) and i barely touched the tip of the iceberg, i'm planning to do a lot of this videos shortly

P.S.
at 27:35 my daughter started crying for a bit, sorry, 14 month old Tongue

link to the video:
http://youtu.be/hXRDz0JAsFM

I should have published other videos before this, like "how to setup",  or introduction on huntercoin rules etc... but for motivational purpose i started with something more concrete, i will add later all the missing pieces!

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:18:37 AM

Is it impossible to destruct in the spawn area? And if you get killed in the spawn area you don't drop any coins?

Edit: Also, when you destruct you can kill other players/generals under your control?
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 07:34:13 AM

Is it impossible to destruct in the spawn area? And if you get killed in the spawn area you don't drop any coins?

Edit: Also, when you destruct you can kill other players/generals under your control?

You can destruct (and be killed) in the spawn area, in which case you do drop coins (but they are moved just outside of the spawn area).  You won't get the refund in this case.

Yes, if you destruct, you kill every hunter of an opposing colour nearby.  It does not matter whether they are also yours or not (the game doesn't know which hunter belongs to which human player).

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:55:27 PM

I've just published the first video tutorial about my client, where i explain how to create and manage hunters
It's my first attempt at doing video tutorial and i'm not english, so excuse if i mispelled anything
no afterproduction to this video, so it's taken realtime and updated, hope it's fine Smiley

it's quite long (34 minutes) and i barely touched the tip of the iceberg, i'm planning to do a lot of this videos shortly

P.S.
at 27:35 my daughter started crying for a bit, sorry, 14 month old Tongue

link to the video:
http://youtu.be/hXRDz0JAsFM

I should have published other videos before this, like "how to setup",  or introduction on huntercoin rules etc... but for motivational purpose i started with something more concrete, i will add later all the missing pieces!

Very Good Video Mithril Man.

alin8888

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:08:47 PM

got one question: if disaseter happens (hunter gets infected)and  is in spawn area and dies (i don't know what happened 1st.. plague killed him or 30 blocks passed).. do i get the 200 coins refunded?

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:37:07 PM

i think if he die before the 30 block has passed, coin are just placed on the special purse in blockchain, where all coins dropped from killed by disaster go
the only chance you have to recycle is wait the 30 blocks on spawn area

I'm not sure tho if you die that way while being poisoned, give you coin or not, domob has the answer
i mean if you were on spawn area since 25 blocks, and disaster strike and you have 12 of life expectancy, after 5 blocks you'll be killed by spawn area 30 blocks limit and you SHOULD be refounded, but not sure, domob can you confirm this behaviour?

alin8888

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:20:22 AM

Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

besides i lost 400 huc just on the disaster thingy

Disspointed

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 02:04:22 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 02:14:33 AM by MithrilMan

Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

besides i lost 400 huc just on the disaster thingy

Disspointed

ye i know the feeling (i lost 3), this is why i said to not change the game this way, but we are now talking to change it again but taking another direction and would be nice if community would join the discussion here on this forum: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

I wanted disaster removed in this fork and not so high costs, but i had no luck having accepted that at that time, but now we are talking again about this thing so if more player join the discussion (we are even talking about teleports to speed up things, etc...) would be better, otherwise we have no much chance seeing accepted things that preserve player coins instead of "win all or lose all"

at the time (4 of February) i said:
if you want to go on the 200huc general way, then we must preserve player investment, so we should at least extend the safe period after a disaster (instead of a day, set it to 4 or 5) to give a way to everyone to collect some coin to get back some of the general value, while at the same time entice who want to fight (even if PVP will be bad without a way to reach fast points, so i don't think pvp will get a burst). (you forget to edit  the explosion range to 1?).
i would say that the "destruct at spawn give your coins back" (i'm sure i talked about this months ago Cheesy) could be a way to save coins, but if you are in the middle of the fight, going back would take again hours and since he should trigger the destruct once he is on spawn zone it would be a problem, so i think we should reimplement the "destruct after 30 blocks on spawn zone", maybe rising it to 60 (30 mins) so that we don't risk that a player forget to move his newly created hunter, but change it so that coins go to the address of the player, than it would be ok.
This way the rule would be "Recover coins after 30(60?) blocks"
ref: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,735.msg2787.html#msg2787

but the reply has been:
sorry missed this post..

i've addded 1 radius destruct.

we can't add 5 days disaster because bot master will create 10000 generals then recycle before the last day with no worry. The reason for price increase is so they can't create more than X generals at any one time.

Yes, good idea about adding back death after 30 blocks and then giving coins back.
If not a big job domob, add that, otherwise leave till next one? -- the other updates should just be trivial, although not sure how simple (time) for destruct on spawn spot.
would also need to make sure it's not exploitable/game breakable in anyway -- (e.g. things like moving with coins but destruct triggers when land on bank)
ref: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,735.msg2831.html#msg2831

At the end at least the "30 blocks to have funds back" has been accepted Cheesy

Actually it's too risky going outside after disaster safe period, so we need to change that, and it seems we are now agreeing about that

Every idea would be taken into account, and more thing that the game should follow some implementation, the more chance we'll have this will be done, otherwise we have just to follow the flow

long story short, everyone who care about the futur of huntercoin, should join discussions here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html
if you have ever played this game, you should have an opinion about how/what should be changed. If you don't have a technical background to understand problems related the game, feel free anyway to propose something, at worse the reply would be "can't be done"

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:16:10 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 03:26:31 AM by snailbrain

yes please join the discussion..

although note, the game is more playable than it was >>  you can  get to the more central side areas - it's just still hard and it still needs more work

this is what it was like before the update :--

if we didn't make the change you'd be playing as with the screenshot for another 12 months...

change is good. now that we are all awake we can work on making the game more playable Smiley

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 02:25:26 AM

imo it was funnier before, in current fork i like the 1x range for pvp and heart rate reduced a lot, but game isn't more playable just because there are less hunters, because after safe period you keep being worried about disaster and so don't play much, leaving the control to the same "always on" players

hopefully when we'll have teleports, more items and no disaster (or at least a way to preserve player investment and give everyone the chance to get even 0.001 huc) we'd have a better experience

please say all what you think about this matters, huntercoin isn't an entity outside of control, we can shape it as we want (if technically feasible of course Cheesy)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:52:03 AM

I created a thread preparing for urgent hardfork (disaster removal) based on mithrilman and someone else's preference.. but more people wanted to keep it than not...
it will be modified when we come to a consensus..

like MM said, if you want to give your thoughts, do so on the forum..

what we are working/concentrating on atm is "fast travel"

Ultimately we want players to be able to get straight into the action -- a simple teleport is not enough (although simple to implement)

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:31:01 PM

Question on domob's python botting framework:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,139.msg3477.html#msg3477

So, I just created my first SimpleGather bot, and he seems to be working OK. I just edited the RPC settings, the name, and made it so only one bot is created, and he's off to gather some coins (only 10 at a time cause I forgot to edit that :/ ).

Anyway, my question is:
Is there any way to convert the simple gather bot to a simple runner bot if I happen to be around the computer when the disaster happens? Is this possible using this framework?

Edit: Also, is there a way to tell gather bot to go sit in the spawn area to recover the 200 HUC it cost to create him?

Thanks Smiley
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 04:29:15 PM by jwinterm »

Edit: I guess to answer the edit portion, I can just wait until bot is in/close to spawn region then kill python script and manually move/hold him in spawn area.
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:34:05 AM

Question on domob's python botting framework:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,139.msg3477.html#msg3477

So, I just created my first SimpleGather bot, and he seems to be working OK. I just edited the RPC settings, the name, and made it so only one bot is created, and he's off to gather some coins (only 10 at a time cause I forgot to edit that :/ ).

Anyway, my question is:
Is there any way to convert the simple gather bot to a simple runner bot if I happen to be around the computer when the disaster happens? Is this possible using this framework?

Edit: Also, is there a way to tell gather bot to go sit in the spawn area to recover the 200 HUC it cost to create him?

Thanks Smiley
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 04:29:15 PM by jwinterm »

Edit: I guess to answer the edit portion, I can just wait until bot is in/close to spawn region then kill python script and manually move/hold him in spawn area.

Answered there, but yes, basically you can just kill the bot process (when there are no pending name_new's) and then manually do whatever you want with the hunter.

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:32:13 PM

Just updated the chain download at http://chain.huntercoin.org/ again.  It is now at block 607k-something.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:23:14 PM

I'm working on a new feature that will give more way to gain money: Bounties!!!

everyone will be able to put a reward to kill a hunter, whoever kill one of the reward target, will get the bounty on the hunter address

basically you'll use a window in my client to create the bounty, that will send the money you chose to put as reward, then everyone using my client will see that someone offered a reward to kill player xx
after that, anyone that will cause the player xx death, will get the reward

If the hunter die because he destruct or because of disaster, reward amount will be sent back to the bounty creator

there will be little fees applied to handle various transactions and check (very low) but to prevent people to create bounty and then remove them right before someone is going to destruct the target, the bounty cancellation will be possible with some constraint:

the creator will receive 50% of the sent amount (this should discourage bounty cancellation) and to bounty cancellation will be applied after 50 block confirmation, so if someone kill the target before the cancellation is applied, he will receive the bounty and the cancellation will fail

this is more or less the feature i'm doing even if it could change a bit of course, depending on feedback and other ideas

here a preview of the window

note that, while actually the bounty creation will only be possible within my client (but it's easily possible to extend it to any system), the contest is valid for anyone, using my client or standard QT or whatever, so anyone could be an head hunter! I think i'll setup a webpage too so that anyone can see active bounties

P.S.
any idea about things to implement are welcome, i'll be appy to implement any funny/worthy things you have, if possible

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:13:21 AM

Nice work, MM!  I'll try to find some time to work on the game tx decoding to JSON next week.

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: