Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 04:10:26 PM

What is going on with this project ? Who actually is the dev ? I hear big talk coming from certain users but nothing to back it up with. Where is tharani ? She was so nice now she just ignores me. Which is really messed up wince she started talking to me. I'm just hearing lies. Also she got neg trust by a trusted member so wtf ?

Tharani was a weird person. She would message us constantly on Skype, even when we're busy working or sleeping, and get mad if we don't answer

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:47:35 AM

What is going on with this project ? Who actually is the dev ? I hear big talk coming from certain users but nothing to back it up with. Where is tharani ? She was so nice now she just ignores me. Which is really messed up wince she started talking to me. I'm just hearing lies. Also she got neg trust by a trusted member so wtf ?

... She would message us constantly on Skype, even when we're busy working or sleeping, and get mad if we don't answer

Tharani's website was actually pretty well done. I can understand the devs side too. One of the downsides of 'a decentralized project' is that people need to get a sense of what others want to do, rather than trying to impose or push them. No bosses but no serfs either.

Would be cool if there were a more clear way she and others could do things to help people get started with Huntercoin. Maybe something like a "Get involved" or "Projects" page at huntercoin.org that provided some very basic direction for somebody with a lot of energy who wanted to make a website or whatever.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 04:58:25 AM

... She would message us constantly on Skype, even when we're busy working or sleeping, and get mad if we don't answer

Tharani's website was actually pretty well done. I can understand the devs side too. One of the downsides of 'a decentralized project' is that people need to get a sense of what others want to do, rather than trying to impose or push them. No bosses but no serfs either.

Would be cool if there were a more clear way she and others could do things to help people get started with Huntercoin. Maybe something like a "Get involved" or "Projects" page at huntercoin.org that provided some very basic direction for somebody with a lot of energy who wanted to make a website or whatever.

Anyone is welcome to help out and spread the word! There are also lots of other things people can do, especially if they know how to code things. A browser client would be cool, for example.

You just gotta be reasonable with people on Skype. Please do not send the devs literally several dozen messages in a row, as they are very busy. People will get back to you when they do.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:05:23 AM

Anyone is welcome to help out and spread the word! There are also lots of other things people can do, especially if they know how to code things. A browser client would be cool, for example.

Browser client would be very cool.

I don't know anything about coding, except rot13 and that's not really good for anything except confusing people.

Usually developers have a pretty good sense of what needs to be done. They can look at the coin and say it needs this or that. But other people, with most coins, are short on ways to get involved. They need to coordinate with others and in most cases that's best done publicly, either by spamming threads as I do or by direct messages.

Hopefully Tharani and Jason and others can form a network of people to do something with huntercoin. It's difficult to work in an unstructured way without contact and feedback from developers but I guess that's part of 'decentralization'.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 12:08:02 PM

Usually developers have a pretty good sense of what needs to be done. They can look at the coin and say it needs this or that. But other people, with most coins, are short on ways to get involved. They need to coordinate with others and in most cases that's best done publicly, either by spamming threads as I do or by direct messages.

Hopefully Tharani and Jason and others can form a network of people to do something with huntercoin. It's difficult to work in an unstructured way without contact and feedback from developers but I guess that's part of 'decentralization'.

Yeah, we're pretty informal about things. A lot of the time it's common sense; if you see a Tweet from ChronoKings, retweet it. If a crypto show host or author is looking for a subject, suggest Huntercoin. Better yet, now that HUC trade volume is increasing, contact some exchanges like Bittrex and suggest listing.

Always open to other ideas. Good to suggest them on forum.huntercoin.org to keep things active.

Valdemar

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 12:19:35 PM

Its also nice concept
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 03:26:57 PM

Ok so o finally have downloaded the. Blockchain bit now I see I need more huc lol
I did ask here before and thanani said she would help but who knows where she is she ignores PM's and got neg trust and since then she never spoke to me even though we spoke quite a few times and she wanted to Skype me to give me some huc. Someone else here said they would give me some huc to play with. So may I please have some Huc to play ? How long will ot take me to make back the 200 huc to pau back the loan ?
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:09:51 PM

Ok so o finally have downloaded the. Blockchain bit now I see I need more huc lol
I did ask here before and thanani said she would help but who knows where she is she ignores PM's and got neg trust and since then she never spoke to me even though we spoke quite a few times and she wanted to Skype me to give me some huc. Someone else here said they would give me some huc to play with. So may I please have some Huc to play ? How long will ot take me to make back the 200 huc to pau back the loan ?

In the past people who wanted to start up quickly post a huc address to get some coins to play. Just post an address and say you want to see if somebody will help you get started. If huc becomes a major coin that kind of informality won't be practical  Cheesy so hopefully the coin will at some point be made more accessible for people.
JasonXG

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:17:46 PM

Tharani was a weird person. She would message us constantly on Skype, even when we're busy working or sleeping, and get mad if we don't answer

I wanted to talk to her on Skype and give her a chance. Then she just decided ignoring me eas a better option and I'm actually pretty upset about that. She foes on and on and on about how she can do whwpat men can do and how noone will give her a chance. Where did all this sexist crap come from ? I read what has been said and noone here is against women. She is making it up in her own head. As a matter of fact I'm very much for girl power but you know whatever. I actually wanted to help her out but nope.
She gets upset when she feels ignored yet she strait out ignored other people I sent her 2 messages in the past 3 weeks and she has been online so she is ignoring me. Why should we take her seriously when she rest me like crap? I didnt even do anything to her expect be nice.

I also am like her in the way that I feel ignored when people don't answer me so I know how she feels but yet she doesnt give a damn that I feel the same way as she does so why should we care ? She can talk a big talk but does nothing. The worst kind of person is one with a big mouth that does nothing. Where all those big plans of hers Huh She says she has no help what crap ive been willing to help the entire time. The thing is I tried to help with the coin named pokecoin then people assumed I! The new Dec which I'm fine with but I have no idea how to run a coin or what I'm doing I just tried to offer assistance and be a good member of the forum. I never made promises other then I would try now I'm afraid pokecoin is dead and I have no idea what to do. With huc I would love to help but how ? Noone has told me anything or given me any instructions and its not like I dont want to help I do. I'm not a programmer so I cannot help with making a browser game. If I could I would but of there is anything else anyone thinks incam help with please let me know u only have to ask and almost certainly 100% of the time I will say yes.

That girl confuses me. Her name should be taken off the website. She's a pain. She earned this title of being a pain herself. Then she gets upset with everyone. Noone even has anything against her. Infasct we want to work with her but no she wants to rather fight. Do we really need someone like her around ? I say no. I dont appreciate her ignoring me. I gave her plenty time to reply. I was very patient. And I'm a very impatient person. So what her issue is I have no idea.

This coin is one of the best investments. It doesnt take a rocket scientist or expert market assessor to realize the coin is only going up in value. Any idiot can see the chart is looking amazing. It at 4k someone said it should be 10k and I agree. So what we gonna do about it ? Let's get that huc to 10k and beyond. We can all stand to make a large amount of profit and create a great coin. !y plan would be to hold and keep holding and only every so offer sell of a few huc as profit for other investments. This will only do good for huc and help it grow.

So what is the game plan boyz ?? Let's get this shit on the roll !!

Go go hunter coin !!
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:49:30 PM

There are wars and conflicts over all sorts of things, but the only battle that stands the test of time is between men and women. Of course Tharani is going to be treated a little harsher by men if most of the people involved are men, same way if the coin were made by women mostly then a guy would face a nutcracker if he tried to get involved. A person who is aware of common sense human nature and tendencies can be discreet as necessary, I remember some black guy who was online in some news article and joined the ku klux klan, even was asked to be a leader of some kind during a phone call but he had common sense not to show up at a klan rally and say "hey, you said on the phone that I was going to be boss".
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:10:24 PM

... It doesnt take a rocket scientist or expert market assessor to realize the coin is only going up in value. Any idiot can see the chart is looking amazing. It at 4k someone said it should be 10k and I agree. So what we gonna do about it ? Let's get that huc to 10k and beyond. We can all stand to make a large amount of profit and create a great coin. !y plan would be to hold and keep holding and only every so offer sell of a few huc as profit for other investments. This will only do good for huc and help it grow.

So what is the game plan boyz ?? Let's get this shit on the roll !!

Go go hunter coin !!

Huntercoin started out as a very solid coin with a few unusual advantages over other coins. One aspect of its start is that it got a little more widely distributed among small holders than most coins do now. That is a good thing long term, but if a person wants to 'pump' huntercoin it makes it difficult, since if you try to pump up the price there will be a steady stream of small sellers beyond mining. There is no way a person can corner the coin and drive it to a high price without taking a beating in maintaining their corner. So huc has avoided pumps and is not easily cornerable, until there is a market based on substance, which huc has, rather than hype, which you shouldn't bother with.

If a person has advice to make the coin better, that is a good thing, I give a lot of harsh comments to the devs if I notice a problem.

Instead of focusing on price the focus should be on fixing problems huntercoin still has, like that a person has to struggle to even get started with the coin by figuring out a complicated game then getting a chunk of change 200 huc to start.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 09:02:32 PM

due to inconciliable problems with SnailBrain, my huntercoin collaboration/support ends here.

I wish luck to anyone who invested in this coin, I'm going to plan my client shut down, I'll write here and on my website about modality and times.

giving the fact that actual game dominators are using my client, this may even help a bit about leveraging the game world since they will be forced to use a less advanced client and so having troubles dominating the same way they were doing, who knows.

My decision is irreversible, who knows me from long time could guess how this decision has been hard to take, but I already tolerated too much.

To people who don't know me don't worry, I was not running the huntercoin cryptocoin, i was a 3rd party developer that invested lot of time implementing an alternative client, so nothing will change (probably) about coin future (in a way or the other)

A thanks to people here that kept a respectful and positive attitude to newcomers and tried to support the coin or my client.

(tbh i feel at the same time bad and happy, strange feeling)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
JasonXG

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:07:31 PM

There are wars and conflicts over all sorts of things, but the only battle that stands the test of time is between men and women. Of course Tharani is going to be treated a little harsher by men if most of the people involved are men, same way if the coin were made by women mostly then a guy would face a nutcracker if he tried to get involved. A person who is aware of common sense human nature and tendencies can be discreet as necessary, I remember some black guy who was online in some news article and joined the ku klux klan, even was asked to be a leader of some kind during a phone call but he had common sense not to show up at a klan rally and say "hey, you said on the phone that I was going to be boss".

It has nothing to do with her sex. That is what I'm saying. I dont know what you going on about. She made it about her sex noone else did. I like that she is a girl but obviously she doesnt.

due to inconciliable problems with SnailBrain, my huntercoin collaboration/support ends here.

I wish luck to anyone who invested in this coin, I'm going to plan my client shut down, I'll write here and on my website about modality and times.

giving the fact that actual game dominators are using my client, this may even help a bit about leveraging the game world since they will be forced to use a less advanced client and so having troubles dominating the same way they were doing, who knows.

My decision is irreversible, who knows me from long time could guess how this decision has been hard to take, but I already tolerated too much.

To people who don't know me don't worry, I was not running the huntercoin cryptocoin, i was a 3rd party developer that invested lot of time implementing an alternative client, so nothing will change (probably) about coin future (in a way or the other)

A thanks to people here that kept a respectful and positive attitude to newcomers and tried to support the coin or my client.

(tbh i feel at the same time bad and happy, strange feeling)

After reading what you said I'm done.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:30:15 PM

Sorry to hear MithrilMan  Embarrassed

If possible, maybe you could share what the irreconcilable differences were about?
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 09:38:29 PM

Sorry to hear MithrilMan  Embarrassed

If possible, maybe you could share what the irreconcilable differences were about?

I don't want to create chance to flame or debate on this kind of matters publicly, won't solve anything and won't help the coin too, sorry

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:39:33 PM

Sorry to hear that!

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Murch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 09:57:49 PM

That's unfortunate to hear. I can't say I'm too surprised though. That exchange definitely lifted my brows. Anyway best of luck to you MithrilMan, take care.
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:52:01 PM

Absolutely best of luck to you Mithril regardless what you do, but considering all the effort you and Snailbrain both put in helping a lot of people including me hopefully you and he will just take a breather and sort things out.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 03:14:21 AM

Crosspost from HUC forum:

Has there been any discussion of making the fees for hunter creation dynamic? I think there are a couple of options here:

• Fees could be tied to the HUC/BTC or HUC/USD price using poloniex API, or some other more elaborate trusted oracle setup. Obviously, this would suck if poloniex suddenly became ded, but there could be a backup that if the API is unreachable fees default to 100 HUC per hunter or something. Another option is to have bitshares like bitusd assets or something that peg the value of HUC internally, which I think is something that wiggi may have discussed at some point in the past.
  • Fees could be tied to the number of hunters on the map at any moment, or the average number of hunters over the last 1000 blocks or something. Then, if the number of hunters was low, fees go down, but if there are lots of folks playing, HUC creation cost rises.

I'm not sure if either of these ideas have been discussed, but it seems like this is an issue that begs for some kind of dynamic solution. It's not really realistic to plan on hardforking everytime there is a price movement of 3-10x or more, imo.
Murch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 03:51:44 AM

Crosspost from HUC forum:

Has there been any discussion of making the fees for hunter creation dynamic? I think there are a couple of options here:

• Fees could be tied to the HUC/BTC or HUC/USD price using poloniex API, or some other more elaborate trusted oracle setup. Obviously, this would suck if poloniex suddenly became ded, but there could be a backup that if the API is unreachable fees default to 100 HUC per hunter or something. Another option is to have bitshares like bitusd assets or something that peg the value of HUC internally, which I think is something that wiggi may have discussed at some point in the past.
  • Fees could be tied to the number of hunters on the map at any moment, or the average number of hunters over the last 1000 blocks or something. Then, if the number of hunters was low, fees go down, but if there are lots of folks playing, HUC creation cost rises.

I'm not sure if either of these ideas have been discussed, but it seems like this is an issue that begs for some kind of dynamic solution. It's not really realistic to plan on hardforking everytime there is a price movement of 3-10x or more, imo.

Yes, it's been discussed half to death on that thread you posted on. It was actually the main point of contention. I believe the decision for this fork is that hunter creation cost will stay the same.

If you think about it, as any coin grows bigger, the mining becomes less and less accessible to the masses. We may just have to accept that this is a natural law of crypto. After discussing in that thread, I think (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) that the game wasn't necessarily meant to be profitably mined by everyone. I'm starting to think that that's not such a bad thing. It allows the devs to continue developing and provides them time to work on blockchain optimization without having to worry about sudden bloating of the size. A dominant mining operation won't kill the coin but 0 full nodes will.
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: