Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:23:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

The HUC community was always very supportive and keen on helping new people get started. When the game first launched (before the bots took over) there was fewer people on the map and I was robbing people carrying over 100 HUC. Creating blockers was (and probably still is) a popular tactic.

It was so much fun to play back then and I had some memorable moments. One that really stood out was when I was chasing down a couple of green players named "East" (i think it was tuto's players) with 2, 2 man red teams of mine (Reddit and RedEye). He was calling out to people for help while avoiding me the whole time. I just said, "STOP RUNNING!" It was so funny I was laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. It didn't even matter to me that he eventually out maneuvered my teams (i lost 2 suicide bombers) and got away in the end. It was epic! And, I was happy for him, really. If the game ever came back to that state (less people carrying more coins) I'd totally come back to play!

Is there any way of having more maps to choose from and limiting the amount of players per map?

I understand what you mean and I've to say that happened to me few days ago (I've screenshot about that that i'll post maybe later)
I had some green in base, then many red comes down killing everybody and they managed to collect ~120 as a sum on 3 red hunters, that stopped near the wall of green base, so i moved one of my green general to the other side of the wall, destroying them, while with another green hunter i was going over them and i managed to collect that 120 hucs! Cheesy

but the problem was that the green base was full of his reds and i had to run away like Benny Hill around the map, but alone vs many i died in few blocks (even if i managed to do some nice feints for some time lol)

the game is still funny, just need to be played (but it has less community involvment, and in game, no one chat anymore)

P.S.
i was using my client, this is how you can have much more fun evading and doing feints Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:03:06 PM

while i'm here, i post 3 screen about what i'm doing right now with the new interface
these pics are about the "target window" that's different from previous one

with new interface, when you click on a cell and you get the list of hunters there, you can press the target button to move them on "target window"
in that window, you can toggle path visibility and change path color. In future, targets could be used to send "bot actions" like "defend target" or "kill target", etc...

^ 3 hunters are set as target, and path drawn with 3 different colors

^ Clicked on the eye icon of the 3rd targeted hunter, and now it's path is removed from the map

^ changed the 2nd targeted hunter path color, from yellow to green

I've still to do the My Troop window, but i'll add there a button to show/hide players too

another note about the interface:
on the topleft corner, where i write current block and blocktime generation, the orange time is the delay between the "block generation time" and the time when the client received that block

this is an important data, because often network send later a block, maybe because miners wants to have advantage for some times or maybe because net issue, etc... and knowing that value is important when you plan your move, because if you receive a block, let say, 1 min later, this could mean that a new block is already on the way, so you can anticipate some moves

giving that the generation of a block isn't predictable, this has to be considered as an hint but not as a rule

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:12:01 PM

That is the dream exactly, once you add in addition to grabbing all the coins, what if the crown drops right outside a spawn area?  Isnt it like huge to get it, even if only for a few blocks? Grin Grin

the crown will reset after a disaster to one of the central locations (domob has already implemented this)

How do you figure? I am a single person, no bot army. I never have more than 10 players (20 hunters). If i found the crown, how would i defend it? everyone and their brother would see me and come after me

Get more friends to play with you.
Someone who is using 1 GPU to mine bitcoin, isn't going to get many bitcoins...

I see what you are saying. I am sure the little single player like me is in the minority to the bot armies, and once the mithrilman client adds some bot functions i'm sure i'll try using them, but I just think that 10 is a bit high. I might be in the minority. Personally, I think up to maybe 5 HUC might work. I say this all based mostly on the fact that I don't expect the price to stay this low to buy (0.000086 right now!). Obviously it's not too much to buy 10 HUC right now! =)
Sent you 100 huc. Now lets agree on 10huc/player Wink

Holy crap! You really did send it! Wow! Thanks!

What about a higher fee (maybe not as high as 10 huc, but 5ish or a bit more) and adding a hunter? Like, a general and THREE hunters, instead of 2? I love playing the game, but unless things change so much that it is easier to get coins in the game, 10 coins can be half a days work or more for a guy with only a few hunters, and I imagine if you only buy 1 general (with 2 hunters) for 10 huc, how are you gonna get another 10 to the bank to create your 2nd general? Danm BGB bots ready to kill you on the way to the bank, unless you also create "blockers" to clear your path of enemies. I would be VERY hesitant to just create a guy to kill enemies if it cost so much. Am I making sense? I am really not trying to be a jerk, just asking serious questions. I stress that I really enjoy the game and spend much time sitting here staring at the map! =)

The HUC community was always very supportive and keen on helping new people get started. When the game first launched (before the bots took over) there was fewer people on the map and I was robbing people carrying over 100 HUC. Creating blockers was (and probably still is) a popular tactic.

It was so much fun to play back then and I had some memorable moments. One that really stood out was when I was chasing down a couple of green players named "East" (i think it was tuto's players) with 2, 2 man red teams of mine (Reddit and RedEye). He was calling out to people for help while avoiding me the whole time. I just said, "STOP RUNNING!" It was so funny I was laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. It didn't even matter to me that he eventually out maneuvered my teams (i lost 2 suicide bombers) and got away in the end. It was epic! And, I was happy for him, really. If the game ever came back to that state (less people carrying more coins) I'd totally come back to play!

Is there any way of having more maps to choose from and limiting the amount of players per map?

yes there was some talk about map changing - could be possible after a disaster, and even could be randomly generated. But, it will be some time before that.

Limiting the amount of players on the map - not really without causing more problems..
But, increasing the cost per "team" to 10 HUCs should reduce the amount of players on the map, along with disasters and expiry (old age - generals will die after x blocks).

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

Ah,I think I see. The theory being that at 10 HUC, even the crown holder with all those coins will have trouble sending an attack on green like the one you mention? I saw it (I was playing green) and there were like 5 waves of 20-40 red guys each. It must have cost a fortune to send all those guys, and x10 I guess that WOULD be prohibitive. So, more expensive to play, but possibly easier to get coins resulting in a slightly higher HUC/day rate, offsetting some of the increase. Do I understand correctly?

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:58:13 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 06:00:46 PM by (oYo)

MithrilMan, I never did end up trying your interface, but it looks like you've made a ton of great improvements. It's a far cry from the wallet version I played. Your ideas and skills in implementing them are truely amazing.

snailbrain, I'm not sure I make myself clear. With many multiplayer games, there's a game menu with a "lobby" containing a list of all the servers running the game on separate (and often different) maps with a maximum player capacity. This eases player congestion and mitigates lag. So there could be thousands of people playing the game, just not all together on the same map. This not only allows for different maps, but different game types and mods as well on each server for players to choose from.

Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

Good to see news Smiley
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:30:51 PM

want price to shot up in sky .... somehow stop bots by answering questions or making visual smiple calculations like capha  ...

i sold all my HUC since bot starts ..... can't just buy afkers shit ....

please i like the HUC kill the bots please
mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

want price to shot up in sky .... somehow stop bots by answering questions or making visual smiple calculations like capha  ...

i sold all my HUC since bot starts ..... can't just buy afkers shit ....

please i like the HUC kill the bots please

The bgb bots are easy to avoid. Very predictable. I only have problems during the huge attack waves.

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:22:22 PM

I also really like that post earlier about how we can get on bittrex. I think we have everything they asked for, don't we?

Has anyone contacted Bittrex in order to list HUC? Their volume is decent, and they are pretty reliable, even though they list almost all the coins that emerge.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about your coin. We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for coin launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week. Launching is free and at our discretion. If you'd like to guarantee the launch of your coin and get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 1.0 BTC.

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we'd like the following information:
* Coin Name
* Coin trading symbol
* Launch Date (past or future)
* Github Link
* Exchanges you are currently on
* Official blockchain explorer
* What is your TxFee for a transaction
* What do you believe your min trade size should be
* A png image for your coin with a transparent background

We are mindful of scams, copyright violations, and offensive subjects and reserve the right to refuse any coin on our platform.

From Bittrex

kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:34:31 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 11:45:57 AM by kulakowka

I also think that the 10HUC is expensive , because the Chinese guys have already earned enough HUC to have an edge over others. Here you need to use other method , really do not know what can stop them , because they play groups of people. It only needs a group of people who can stand up to them .

The only negative - blokchain , upload it for very long . 3 days ago launched a download of the whole chain and 3 days round the clock work , upload only 109k units . think, a lot of people want to wait so long ? I think not . On SSD drives, this process is a little faster , but so far not many people have SSD drive. Else noticed such a point that still requires verification that blokchain uploaded on SSD drive, is not suited for an IDE disk .

Blokchain should be somewhere on the server and the client must already be connected to the server , then it will solve the problem .

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

I also think that the TC 10 is expensive , because the Chinese guys have already earned enough CAs to have an edge over others. Here you need to use other method , really do not know what can stop them , because they play groups of people. It only needs a group of people who can stand up to them .

The only negative - blokchain , upload it for very long . 3 days ago launched a download of the whole chain and 3 days round the clock work , upload only 109k units . think, a lot of people want to wait so long ? I think not . On SSD drives, this process is a little faster , but so far not many people have SSD drive. Else noticed such a point that still requires verification that blokchain uploaded on SSD drive, is not suited for an IDE disk .

Blokchain should be somewhere on the server and the client must already be connected to the server , then it will solve the problem .

After thinking about it more, I believe even 10 HUCs is not enough, and it seems a number of people agree with me.
The cost will increase - although it will not be set in stone and may be fine tuned or changed completely in the future. Maybe it will be reduced back to 1 HUC at a later time.

I'm thinking even 20-30 HUCs per team is reasonable.
A 2 week life span on Generals should also prevent "afk" teams and give an 'upkeep' cost to people who control 1000s of teams.

anyway - increasing cost and adding expiry is going to happen, and I believe it is the best way to reduce the population on the map (which should in turn make it more fun and more playable imo)... If there is some unforeseen circumstances we will keep adjusting.

keep posting comments and opinions though

radi324

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

I also think that the TC 10 is expensive , because the Chinese guys have already earned enough CAs to have an edge over others. Here you need to use other method , really do not know what can stop them , because they play groups of people. It only needs a group of people who can stand up to them .

After thinking about it more, I believe even 10 HUCs is not enough, and it seems a number of people agree with me.
The cost will increase - although it will not be set in stone and may be fine tuned or changed completely in the future. Maybe it will be reduced back to 1 HUC at a later time.

I'm thinking even 20-30 HUCs per team is reasonable.
A 2 week life span on Generals should also prevent "afk" teams and give an 'upkeep' cost to people who control 1000s of teams.

anyway - increasing cost and adding expiry is going to happen, and I believe it is the best way to reduce the population on the map (which should in turn make it more fun and more playable imo)... If there is some unforeseen circumstances we will keep adjusting.

keep posting comments and opinions though

What about making it proportional? The more teams you have, the higher the cost per team. Start off with 10 HUC per team, after a certain amount, increase it to 15, 20, 25, 30, etc. That way newbies will still have a fairly low cost per team if they simply want to try it out.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

What about making it proportional? The more teams you have, the higher the cost per team. Start off with 10 HUC per team, after a certain amount, increase it to 15, 20, 25, 30, etc. That way newbies will still have a fairly low cost per team if they simply want to try it out.

This is proposed frequently, but unfortunately, it is not possible to enforce.  It could be done like this in the official client, but if someone just runs multiple wallets in parallel or modifies the client, the network has no way to check whether they really only run so many hunters and the fee is correct.  This would, probably, hurt the casual and honest players even more, since the bot masters can cheat with custom client hacks.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
kulakowka

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:46:57 PM

The first thing to solve the problem with blokchain its long boot. Otherwise pay rise for the team, only exacerbate the situation. Now simply no influx of new players.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:47:16 PM

The first thing to solve the problem with blokchain its long boot. Otherwise pay rise for the team, only exacerbate the situation. Now simply no influx of new players.

thanks.

Yes, we are working on that. I'm confident that we will eventually fix this issue. All recent changes and work done by domob thus far is designed for this very purpose.
The blockchain size is now only "part" of the problem. If the chain was even only 500mb, it would still play the same as it is now, maybe with just a few extra human players.

If the map was wiped now, and there wasn't 5000 bots - this would bring in more players (and original players) than reducing blockchain size IMO.. but even if my assumption is wrong, both reducing chain + making the map more playable should both have a positive effect.
And we are working torwards both these goals.

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:49:30 PM

I have to say there is no way at all I would pay 20 HUC for a single team, when the bot army then comes down killing everyone in its path? So I spend 20 HUC and get killed before even getting to a spawn spot? Wow, way to price the little guy right out of the game. Also, I am supposed to spend 20 HUC to create a blocker to try to save my other guys form dying? You will have nothing but those chinese 8 million bot guys playing. you are talking about upping the price to play TWENTY times, in 1 swoop?

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

Also, 20 coins instead of 1 to create a player, then there will be a disaster that will kill all my players, forcing me to make more players than I use now, at a price 20 times what it is now. How can you possibly think that is a good idea?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:29:44 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 03:43:33 PM by snailbrain

Everyone else will cost the same, so there is really no real disadvantage to you?
The whole point is to make the game more playable for people like you.

If the cost of a team was 1 BTC, it would still play - (just an example, I know most wouldn't be able to afford that).

10 HUCs is what? 10-30 cents? (am not looking Cheesy )

---

Anyway , this may go down even worse with you, after more thoughts and simulations (in our minds) - the fee will be (probably) as follows:

1 Team = 10 HUCs
1 Team = ONLY 1 General. You will not have any Hunters.

This is to prevent recycling.

As it stands - a user can create 1000 Teams, send out the 2000 Hunters to attack or do whatever.. when they are dead, they can just destruct the generals and recycle the coins (albeit with 4% loss).

The only way to gain extra hunters will be to collect hearts.
This method should also reduce amount of players on the map by reducing the amount of hunters and increasing the value of General.. there should then be more hearts to collect on the map..

another issue is that, even with expiry of Generals (die of old age), players will be able to sort of recycle these by destructing them at the end of their life cycle. Probably it won't be "too bad", the main issue is being able to attack for free which should be solved by having just 1 general per team.
We'll think of/if any solutions to this - post any thoughts in the mean time.

note: AutoDestruct being the only method to destruct (i.e. remove Destruct we have now) will help (but this may be later on).

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:37:46 PM

Everyone else will cost the same, so there is really no real disadvantage to you?

If the cost of a team was 1 BTC, it would still play - (just an example, I know most wouldn't be able to afford that).

---

Anyway , this may go down even worse with you, after more thoughts and simulations (in our minds) - the fee will be (probably) as follows:

1 Team = 10 HUCs

As it stands - a user can create 1000 Teams, send out the 2000 Hunters to attack or do whatever.. when they are dead, they can just destruct the generals and recycle the coins (albeit with 4% loss).

This method should reduce amount of players on the map by reducing the amount of hunters and increasing the value of General.. there should then be more hearts to collect on the map..

another issue is that, even with expiry of Generals (die of old age), players will be able to sort of recycle these by destructing them at the end of their life cycle. Probably it won't be "too bad", the main issue is being able to attack for free which should be solved by having just 1 general per team.

So if I understand correctly, 10 HUC gets you only 1 general, no hunters, then you need that general to gather hearts to create hunters. i would at least try that and see how it goes.

As far as how much it translates to in USD, I still think of it with BTC @ $1000 and HUC @0.001. That would make 10 HUC roughly $10 USD!!! I know that's not the price now, but BTC is moving up and I am sure HUC will recover too. As that little guy, I have managed to bank a little more than 1700 ish. My goal WAS to get to 2k HUC, then sell that for 2 BTC!  Grin $2000 for PLAYING A GAME!!!! Mwahahahaha!!

Anyway, as I said, 10 seems reasonable to at least try and see how it works out.

And thanks for listening and answering and not just being like "pay it or gtfo, cheap bastard!" =)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

---

1 Team = 10 HUCs

This method should reduce amount of players on the map by reducing the amount of hunters and increasing the value of General.. there should then be more hearts to collect on the map..

So if I understand correctly, 10 HUC gets you only 1 general, no hunters, then you need that general to gather hearts to create hunters. i would at least try that and see how it goes.

As far as how much it translates to in USD, I still think of it with BTC @ $1000 and HUC @0.001. That would make 10 HUC roughly $10 USD!!! I know that's not the price now, but BTC is moving up and I am sure HUC will recover too. As that little guy, I have managed to bank a little more than 1700 ish. My goal WAS to get to 2k HUC, then sell that for 2 BTC!  Grin $2000 for PLAYING A GAME!!!! Mwahahahaha!!

Anyway, as I said, 10 seems reasonable to at least try and see how it works out.

And thanks for listening and answering and not just being like "pay it or gtfo, cheap bastard!" =)

it was hard work not to call you a twat tbh

joking Cheesy

there maybe another alternative to the proposal of 1 Hunter per team. still in discussions.

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: