Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:43:35 PM

flangjeck

Neglect of community members and the project itself!

So clearly?

Are you actually complaining that the people who do this FOR FREE are not working hard enough for you? Seriously?

If you do not mind, please tell me what nationality you are?

I don't know what difference that makes, but I am from the US.

In this case, please read more carefully post # 5801 and do not ask me please more stupid 'questions!

1 - I'll ask any damn thing I want, thank you.

2 - your attitude and the way you send out your "questions" (accusations) sucks. All you do is complain that they havent fixed all the bugs. That's a problem? Go to the damn github and start coding then!

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeyfinn

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

flangjeck

Neglect of community members and the project itself!

So clearly?

Are you actually complaining that the people who do this FOR FREE are not working hard enough for you? Seriously?

If you do not mind, please tell me what nationality you are?

I don't know what difference that makes, but I am from the US.

In this case, please read more carefully post # 5801 and do not ask me please more stupid 'questions!

1 - I'll ask any damn thing I want, thank you.

2 - your attitude and the way you send out your "questions" (accusations) sucks. All you do is complain that they havent fixed all the bugs. That's a problem? Go to the damn github and start coding then!

mickeyfinn, you were putting words in osya's mouth.

He never said, nor implied, that anyone was not working hard enough "for him".

Osya pointed out issues he had with the way the game worked. Basically a bug report.

And osya, what is the word "loyalty" in your language, the word you said in English as 'loyalty'?

Maybe it's that his comments aren't translating well, but it all sounds like "The devs dont fix what i tell them is wrong right now! The community sucks! No help here!"

mikeyfinn

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:24:35 PM

Why do it still load when I have downloaded the whole blockchain??  22 weeks left...

This is normal! There can not write, because here nobody until you doing!

Here you are no help!

As it is not sad, but it is a fact !!!

There is only one person is MithrilMan. Work, good! If you do not help, then help is no longer wait, no one will help!

Example of what i refer to.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

agree with mikeyfinn, everything OSYA says is just 'wat'
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

back from holiday, i see there is activity on this thread but looking at posts don't know if it's a good thing Smiley

regarding last posts (don't let this thread become a flame one) from what i recall, i think OSYA refers to old problems reported several times in the past and not recognized by devs team at that time (i was reporting them too in the past, so he refers to me in some post because he know i "heard" his reports and experiecend same problems)

anyway facts are that now those problems are recognized by devs team, but since they aren't hardcore gamers (or at least domob isn't) they have difficult to reproduct those problems, and what snailbrain is asking is some help in testing the just released fixes

i think that from OSYA point of view, dev team hasn't listened to his reports in the past and he's disappointed by that and  now he held a grudge against dev team, anyway i think it's not constructive now to talk about the past, just work togheter in the direction we are going now, so help dev team to test new things and give devs every possible detail about bugs, and maybe instruction about how to reproduce the issue.
unlucky, as i said, dev team aren't hardcore gamers and so some annoying bugs affecting daily players aren't easily spotted.
To them i can just say "listen to players bug reports and trust them", but to players i say "report bugs on github" ( https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues ) that's the place where bugs should be reported, not here, or the problem will not be likely recognized as a bug

about last patch:
now that i'm back, I'll try new RPC functions, just nead a couple of days to sync with new things and remember things Cheesy

@ snailbrain: i think that new RPC command isn't easy to test to anyone, it's a tech thing and only BOT runners and 3rd client developers can't really test it.
This mean, talking about my client, that i have to implement that command and integrate it into my client/interface, so i need first to understand how that work and how/when invoke that, then release the new client version that implement that command and let everyone that has pending problem, to test if that command fix things

(I have to read what has been added in the latest 16 days because i've been "out of world" Cheesy)
not sure the name_clean will fix my reported issue but i'll look at that and implement it into my client

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
mikeyfinn

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

back from holiday, i see there is activity on this thread but looking at posts don't know if it's a good thing Smiley

regarding last posts (don't let this thread become a flame one) from what i recall, i think OSYA refers to old problems reported several times in the past and not recognized by devs team at that time (i was reporting them too in the past, so he refers to me in some post because he know i "heard" his reports and experiecend same problems)

anyway facts are that now those problems are recognized by devs team, but since they aren't hardcore gamers (or at least domob isn't) they have difficult to reproduct those problems, and what snailbrain is asking is some help in testing the just released fixes

i think that from OSYA point of view, dev team hasn't listened to his reports in the past and he's disappointed by that and  now he held a grudge against dev team, anyway i think it's not constructive now to talk about the past, just work togheter in the direction we are going now, so help dev team to test new things and give devs every possible detail about bugs, and maybe instruction about how to reproduce the issue.
unlucky, as i said, dev team aren't hardcore gamers and so some annoying bugs affecting daily players aren't easily spotted.
To them i can just say "listen to players bug reports and trust them", but to players i say "report bugs on github" ( https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/issues ) that's the place where bugs should be reported, not here, or the problem will not be likely recognized as a bug

about last patch:
now that i'm back, I'll try new RPC functions, just nead a couple of days to sync with new things and remember things Cheesy

@ snailbrain: i think that new RPC command isn't easy to test to anyone, it's a tech thing and only BOT runners and 3rd client developers can't really test it.
This mean, talking about my client, that i have to implement that command and integrate it into my client/interface, so i need first to understand how that work and how/when invoke that, then release the new client version that implement that command and let everyone that has pending problem, to test if that command fix things

(I have to read what has been added in the latest 16 days because i've been "out of world" Cheesy)
not sure the name_clean will fix my reported issue but i'll look at that and implement it into my client

I have been using your client and the domob bots and all was pretty good, some slowdowns and other times my cpu and/or disk usage would max out and freeze the pc for 30 seconds or so. However, since switching to 11f everytime i try to open either the ME or qt, instant cpu/disk usage max, frozen trying to sync, mostly frozen pc. Every time.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:37:31 PM

I have been using your client and the domob bots and all was pretty good, some slowdowns and other times my cpu and/or disk usage would max out and freeze the pc for 30 seconds or so. However, since switching to 11f everytime i try to open either the ME or qt, instant cpu/disk usage max, frozen trying to sync, mostly frozen pc. Every time.

ME (Mithril Edition) uses huntercoind.exe underneath to call RPC commands, so i think it's an huntercoind.exe issue
i've not yet updated my environment with that version, so i don't know if the problem is only with your setup
i think i'll backup everything before trying new version, anyway maybe there is a chance that the huntercoind.exe has been compiled badly? (wrong settings or whatever?)
my environment fail @ compiling with easybuild (not sure if that's the right name) so i can't try compile on my pc, i usually relied on snailbrain compiled version to run my client

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:10:19 PM

I really haven't had any problems lately at all.  I haven't upgraded to the latest version.  I haven't pushed it further than 10 generals tho.  I will upgrade and try to push it further. 
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

Slow syncing (large chain) -- being worked on. Syncing blocks after disaster is actually 100x faster. Once pruning is implemented we can put up some "agreed upon" pruned chain (maybe domob can add some sort of rpc which prunes/normalises so everyone has identical output (pruned chain) so can make sure is legit (produces some hash?).

So the slow syncing is caused by those many hunters on the chain/map or by some bugs, right? Will it be worked out in theory? Will the pruning be repeated from time to time? Apart from the first pruning, will the following pruning have no effect on the game state? Thanks.

If you wish to call it a "bug", yes.  The amount of transactions processed by Huntercoin is just order of magnitudes larger than any other altcoin I know of (the pure chain is almost half that of Bitcoin, with a much shorter life-time so far) - thus it hit the limits of the current implementation.  I've been working on improving performance, which has been going on quite good as far as I think.  Basically I'm in the process of implementing similar optimisations that Bitcoin did for the last two years (but I'm alone with it) and planning on things Bitcoin doesn't even has yet.  So please be patient. Wink

Pruning will be a "continuous" progress.  What I'm currently planning to do (at least as a first step) is to add RPC calls that can be executed manually and that will remove unnecessary information (like very old moves that are no longer needed since the current game state is known anyway) from disk.  It won't change anything to the network-level protocol, and you will be the one to decide when and how often to do it.  It won't be a hardfork or something that takes place at a certain time only.

To give more precise progress updates:  It is already possible to prune the game state database (remove old game states), which brings game.dat down from 200 MiB to under 1 MiB.  I'm already a good way towards pruning nameindexfull.dat (removing old name updates), which will (hopefully) remove almost all of the currently 1.8 GiB of nameindexfull.dat.  After that, I'll try to work on the harder parts (blkindex.dat and eventually even the real chain on disk - this is something also Bitcoin doesn't have, AFAIK).

domob, great work! I appreciate your work a lot.

BTW, I think huntercoin will get a lot attentions by all cryptocurrency users after domob's work/technology for HUC and even for BTC for the first time, and then we can do some promotion on those tech. AFAIK, bitcoin has merged domob's RPC getchaintip.

I'm patient. I have never sell a single HUC since the start.

If the pruning is on the client side, will the users need to sync all the data and then prune it locally? I'm wondering whether my understanding is right. It's a great news that the pruning won't change anything of the game state, and I see that HUC pruning tech is on the road ahead of Bitcoin.

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:42:24 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 04:35:53 AM by redbeans2012

Mithril man.  If the internet somehow comes disconnected... the "Unable to connect to chat server" message happens constantly to me even after the internet is connected again.  Even after a restart happens, its still happening.  Sometimes it magically connects and stops, but other times (like now) it just keeps going.  Any way to disable chat so it doesn't do this? ... there are some improvement ideas that I have too.. where do I send?

EDIT:

Screenshot.. super annoying if you're trying to move players.

http://imgur.com/edit
bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

Yes, this is the reason why the wallet sill has some annoying problems after many updates. The double spending of wallet is still not solved in 1.011f version. If we create a new wallet and run for 4 or 7 days, then the showing of balance will be more and more larger than real balance, which leads to stuck of any command.   
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:53:47 AM

Quick thoughts before bedtime for Snail.

What do you think about hearts appearing less often towards the middle of the board and more often around the outer edges of the game to balance it out.  The hearts in the middle make it even easier for those in the middle to fortify their positions.  I think the hearts are a great tool to balance the game out.

I also posted a week or 2 ago about a huc holding limit per player maybe 100 huc? before they have to deposit back to the wallet.. any thoughts on that?
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:23:52 AM

i think that from OSYA point of view, dev team hasn't listened to his reports in the past and he's disappointed by that and  now he held a grudge against dev team, anyway i think it's not constructive now to talk about the past, just work togheter in the direction we are going now, so help dev team to test new things and give devs every possible detail about bugs, and maybe instruction about how to reproduce the issue.

about last patch:

Thank you MithrilMan! Only you know what I mean   Wink

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:18:27 AM

Mithril man.  If the internet somehow comes disconnected... the "Unable to connect to chat server" message happens constantly to me even after the internet is connected again.  Even after a restart happens, its still happening.  Sometimes it magically connects and stops, but other times (like now) it just keeps going.  Any way to disable chat so it doesn't do this? ... there are some improvement ideas that I have too.. where do I send?

EDIT:

you are welcome report issues here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=8.0
and new ideas, feature requests, etc.. here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=10.0

P.S.
you posted wrong imgur link Smiley

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:36:55 AM

EDIT:

you are welcome report issues here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=8.0
and new ideas, feature requests, etc.. here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=10.0

P.S.
you posted wrong imgur link Smiley

Sorry

http://imgur.com/BN2bhXc

I restarted my entire computer and it was still going when I restarted the program.  After a few hours this has stopped. 
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:50:12 AM

Sorry

I restarted my entire computer and it was still going when I restarted the program.  After a few hours this has stopped. 

ok i know about that problem, it's because of name collision, your username is still available on the server and the client try to reconnect using that name, receiving an error
I've to fix that. i think that if someone write a message it should autofix, but i agree that's a bug that i've to fix, anyway report that on the other forum so i can keep track of bugs and we don't fill this thread with things related to my client that people aren't interested in

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

Sorry

ok i know about that problem, it's because of name collision, your username is still available on the server and the client try to reconnect using that name, receiving an error
I've to fix that. i think that if someone write a message it should autofix, but i agree that's a bug that i've to fix, anyway report that on the other forum so i can keep track of bugs and we don't fill this thread with things related to my client that people aren't interested in

I'm sure no one minds y'all posting here Cheesy Keep kicking ass man!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
bigminner

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:25:14 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:53:54 AM by bigminner

I also posted a week or 2 ago about a huc holding limit per player maybe 100 huc? before they have to deposit back to the wallet.. any thoughts on that?

This is a very good idea of balance of space(amount of coin). Another balance of time is to limit the showing time of coin. For example, if a coin has not been picked up in 30 minutes, then the coin will disappear and randomly display in other pools. This mechanism will largely activate the game. Now some people united to divide map into different parts, and sleep for 2 hours after 1 hour of game. When they wake up, the pool are full of coins, then they collect all(I guess that if someone acts as a hardcore player for long time, he will become machine,OMG). This maybe  the reason why the price of HUC is so slow and  many players leave it.
merlin0113

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:58:54 PM

I do not troll! I just got tired of loyalty on the part of the administration / developers. I am a supporter Huntercoin from the very first day of its existence !!!

I tried all versions from the beginning to this point (without exception). I tried to be always connected, but the latest version of the "F" is something ...

Personally, I have brought to this project a lot of people, but they almost immediately left this coin because of loyal administration !!!!!!!

I can not play (I'm an experienced player and by certain operating time), so please tell me how I can bring a new player in this ?! What he was able to do if nothing works properly ?! He immediately goes and no longer want to come back here!

Kindly reconsider your attitude towards society and let us work together for the community! The fact that I have a bad English, it does not mean that we can not find a common language!

tell me what problems you are having?? please explain.

The only issues technically are (that i can think of atm) :

Slow syncing (large chain) -- being worked on. Syncing blocks after disaster is actually 100x faster. Once pruning is implemented we can put up some "agreed upon" pruned chain (maybe domob can add some sort of rpc which prunes/normalises so everyone has identical output (pruned chain) so can make sure is legit (produces some hash?).
possible pending hunters if playing hardcore - try new update to see if it fixes.

Game Issues:

Need more players, needs possibly some adjustments of game mechanics >> accessibility (pruning/mobile client), playability...
Being worked on.

Explain in detail your problems

I won't use the word hardcore, coz pending problom is much easier to happen than you think. Actually when you are killed by someone, even with a new wallet, there is chance you ended up with pending situation.

It's a very serious problem can happen to even casual player. The ppl in the middle have "dominated" the huntercoin world, so it's very bold for them to creat new players because they know they will take every the pop-up coins created in the middle as always. So in this perspective the pending problem even do more harm to the casual player. Just my opinion.
zzaza
Legendary

Activity: 926

Zoltan - PD Moderator

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:26:50 AM

This is a very good idea of balance of space(amount of coin). Another balance of time is to limit the showing time of coin. For example, if a coin has not been picked up in 30 minutes, then the coin will disappear and randomly display in other pools. This mechanism will largely activate the game. Now some people united to divide map into different parts, and sleep for 2 hours after 1 hour of game. When they wake up, the pool are full of coins, then they collect all(I guess that if someone acts as a hardcore player for long time, he will become machine,OMG). This maybe  the reason why the price of HUC is so slow and  many players leave it.

Agreed. This seems a really great idea. Maybe more people will get back to the game, including myself... Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: