Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 06:30:51 PM

Sorry for reading you wrong, no hard feelings

huntercointip 2 huc

Dude none at all! We are all in this together.

<3

Also I responded to your HUC forum write up about shirts ect. I have some in hand.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:26:45 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 08:37:41 PM by redbeans2012

I bought a small amount of Huntercoin and have a few questions.

The coin seems to be very cheap and I'm trying to figure out what negative factors may be influencing the price, and whether those factors will change.

The worst thing that I have noticed is the premine. 0.2% I believe. Many people will not buy premine coins and this is the first coin I've bought knowing beforehand there was a premine albeit a small one. Has the dev considered donating the premine to some charity or destroying it, then subsisting only on donations and/or some tax incorporated into the game?

I am not a gamer but I'm curious how popular the game itself is. Are there accurate stats? When I look at the map on the website there are four color rows and a 'generals' and 'all players' column. Is the 'all players' column all people registered? Or all people online? Or something else?

Are there plans to introduce other games that would appeal to another slice of that market?

How many people are involved peripherally with the coin's development? Is it mostly a one man show or is a fair amount of work done by others? In other words is the coin entirely dependent on one person or would it survive easily if the main dev quit?

Thanks.

From what I understand, the premine has been and continues to be used for Bounties for work done on the game.

There are not that many people playing maybe 30 max?  You can have as many players as you want in the game, but it costs you 10 HUC for each.  That number doesn't represent the number of people playing.  

The lead programmer died a couple months ago, but Snailbrain and Domob have been working round the clock.

The main reason the price is so low is that there is just not that many people playing, mostly cause it can be a pain to set up and download the block chain.  There are phone apps in the works though and people will be able to play on the go without downloading the block chain.  (This is huge)

I've been playing for about a month and really like it,  interested to see what it will evolve into in the future.

Bounties: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=15.0
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:49:11 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 10:39:57 PM by snailbrain

The coin seems to be very cheap and I'm trying to figure out what negative factors may be influencing the price, and whether those factors will change.

The worst thing that I have noticed is the premine. 0.2% I believe. Many people will not buy premine coins and this is the first coin I've bought knowing beforehand there was a premine albeit a small one. Has the dev considered donating the premine to some charity or destroying it, then subsisting only on donations and/or some tax incorporated into the game?

I am not a gamer but I'm curious how popular the game itself is. Are there accurate stats? When I look at the map on the website there are four color rows and a 'generals' and 'all players' column. Is the 'all players' column all people registered? Or all people online? Or something else?

Are there plans to introduce other games that would appeal to another slice of that market?

How many people are involved peripherally with the coin's development? Is it mostly a one man show or is a fair amount of work done by others? In other words is the coin entirely dependent on one person or would it survive easily if the main dev quit?

Thanks.

There was a 0.2% Premine - this was for bounties. Some paid out for graphics, block explorer and other stuff

12.5k went to me, 12.5k went to Mikhail -- (12.5k = 0.4btc atm). I also spent $$$$ on the project.

Although i Hired Mikhail for the project - I allowed him to keep the coins on his computer.
He Passed away - and those coins are still untouched >> http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/a/HVguPy1tWgbu9cKy6YGYEJFJ6RD7z7F7MJ

-

There are a number of plans in the pipeline.

People involved are
Me
Domob - Lead Dev/Coder
Khal has been helping out
BGB (huntercoin.info and bot master)
MithrilMan > see mithrilman client
Zy0n > working on QT

and others who are contributing in various ways.

I am also working with games developers and graphics/web designers -- for mobile/browser client.

Note: Almost every huntercoin improvement has been ported to Namecoin -
and recently some Huntercoin code has been ported to bitcoin (not sure if any other altcoins have had any ported over) > courtesy of domob > https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/b33bd7a3be1cbcc8d255178307976b7762125b18

i still have the issue, that after a time it stops syncing and have to restart, it happens almost every hour... Sad

anyone else having this issue?

I've had the client running for days on both linux and windows.

@ OSYRA guy- not sure if you are a troll
but have you tried the new patches to fix pending tx?
We've had no feedback

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:07:22 PM

I hear HUC is getting added on Gox too Cheesy

At the very least I can see a read only 3d world where people can walk through to see whats going on.  Not sure why you are so negative with every suggestion.  If you actually played i'd take you more seriously.  Undecided

I think will happen - the mobile/browser client was possibly going to be 3d but we decided stick to 2d for now. although, we can change the graphics engine/part out anytime once we have everything else working flawlessly.

There were 50k hunters on the map when we started on the mobile client - thankfully as we tested with this amount we know what we have now should run fine if those numbers are reached again.
Not sure how well that would run if in 3d - although probably is some clever optimizations to make it work (render distance etc) and maybe combined with the current 2d version for full map view..

bigminner

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:23:11 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 11:38:59 PM by bigminner

Thanks.
Maybe there are less than 10 people in this game. 90% of characters are created by 4 or 5 people, they united to divide map into  several parts(not compete with each other), so the main coin is easily got. This is the reason why the price is so slow.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

Thanks.
Maybe there are less than 10 people in this game. 90% of characters are created by 4 or 5 people, they united to divide map into  several parts(not compete with each other), so the main coin is easily got. This is the reason why the price is so slow.

agree - although i'd say more than that playing atm.

This is one of, if not the main objective.

For now - take advantage of the cheap labour (miners) Smiley

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:47:16 AM

I hear HUC is getting added on Gox too Cheesy

At the very least I can see a read only 3d world where people can walk through to see whats going on.  Not sure why you are so negative with every suggestion.  If you actually played i'd take you more seriously.  Undecided

I think will happen - the mobile/browser client was possibly going to be 3d but we decided stick to 2d for now. although, we can change the graphics engine/part out anytime once we have everything else working flawlessly.

There were 50k hunters on the map when we started on the mobile client - thankfully as we tested with this amount we know what we have now should run fine if those numbers are reached again.
Not sure how well that would run if in 3d - although probably is some clever optimizations to make it work (render distance etc) and maybe combined with the current 2d version for full map view..

Yeah I think the 3d version would look really cool but really not practical at this moment, because you need to see who's coming and going from large distances if you don't want to get killed.   I'm sure thats one of the reasons you decided against it. 
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:48:06 AM

Thanks.

agree - although i'd say more than that playing atm.

This is one of, if not the main objective.

For now - take advantage of the cheap labour (miners) Smiley

Looks like there are about 6 playing right now on the mithril client, not sure how many are on the other one.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:12:10 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 03:28:36 AM by BayAreaCoins

Thanks.

Basically no one can sync the wallet due to bloating.

Huntercoin has already surivied the death of one main dev... I believe it will stand on its own two feet if need be.  I truly think it benefits cryptocurrencies as a whole.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

Thanks.

Huntercoin has already surivied the death of one main dev... I believe it will stand on its own two feet if need be.  I truly think it benefits cryptocurrencies as a whole.

No one wants to build anything around it because the HUC daemon sucks thus far, but I think with time we will see this change.

If you download the blockchain separately it only takes about an hour to sync the whole game.  Most people are impatient to do that.  I've not had one crash or anything since I started playing again a month ago. I am confident with the pruning and centralized server gameplay it will get alot more popular. 
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:00:35 AM

You can have as many players as you want in the game, but it costs you 10 HUC for each. ...

... there is just not that many people playing...

If a new person downloads the client is there anything they can do before buying coins? Or there is no participation until the person has bought the coins?

I have a few huntercoin on Poloniex and Cryptsy but have not downloaded the wallet. The screenshots look impressive and this is probably the least 'clone' and most original coin I've seen. Almost all coins now seem to be simple variations of bitcoin with no added value. This coin really is outstanding but maybe if its development was examined a little it would do better as a currency, and not just a game token.

I'll have to go over the threads and see if I can come up with any ideas.

No you need to have at least 10 huc (actually a little bit more) to start playing.  Right now its pretty easy to get more from your initial 10 huc investment (not many players).  This is the most innovative alt I've seen thats why I've been buying for the last few months.  After playing with the mithril man client for the last month I was really sold.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:01:03 AM

Huntercoin has already surivied the death of one main dev... I believe it will stand on its own two feet if need be.  I truly think it benefits cryptocurrencies as a whole.

No one wants to build anything around it because the HUC daemon sucks thus far, but I think with time we will see this change.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but is the daemon for huc similar enough to that of other coins that an experienced dev from another coin might help fix it?

Domob is a awesome dev and I'm sure he wouldn't mind additional help! However, I think know that he can do it.  

I agree with you too that it needs to be looked at a bit more like a crypto currency, but the game is a important thing to get squared away first due to that is how the coins are distributed!

I'm here for the currency aspect of it and the secure network as well.

Also I've given out a number of free HUC to people in order to try their hand in botting it!  I strongly urge HUC holders to give to their friends Smiley

I love selling silver for HUC because the little virtual world becomes just that much more value.  Look at is as mining silver rather than HUC because it can be exchanged back n forth no problem... super sick.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:16:26 AM

Three most important things for HUC atm IMO:

1: A good Multipool.  This will get the altcoin mining community on our side which will be a huge help and it will bid by "hunting altcoins." Can also used to bring people who wouldn't normally mine altcoin... make the pitch to them that HUC is here to rape shitcoins n make you rich while doing it.  I've also proposed this pool be able to allow the miners to choose which % HUC/NMC they earn (and only those two.)  This will be good for both HUC and NMC.

2: Playable within 5 mins.

3: Positive morale and the thought process that these little fuckers are worth .01BTC or you know... whatever is higher than now Cheesy haha

(In this order too)

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:24:37 AM

Three most important things for HUC atm IMO:

1: A good Multipool.  This will get the altcoin mining community on our side which will be a huge help and it will bid by "hunting altcoins." Can also used to bring people who wouldn't normally mine altcoin... make the pitch to them that HUC is here to rape shitcoins n make you rich while doing it.  I've also proposed this pool be able to allow the miners to choose which % HUC/NMC they earn (and only those two.)  This will be good for both HUC and NMC.

2: Playable within 5 mins.

3: Positive morale and the thought process that these little fuckers are worth .01BTC or you know... whatever is higher than now Cheesy haha

(In this order too)

Playable instantly is going to be the big thing.  Also being able to play when you are not home.  It sucks having hunters out in the wild while you are having dinner at taco bell.  Mobile play will be big.
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:50:57 AM

heard about this...guess I should have bought
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:17:26 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 03:28:07 AM by snailbrain

there is nothing wrong with the huc daemon? (daemon crashes were fixed around 4 months ago by domob (missing spirit-thread line when compiling daemon or something).. syncing is an issue (slow), but this is being worked on.
If someone has a problem with it - let us know. Should work identical almost to namecoin.

There is a possible issue with stuck pending moves (if playing hardcore, you may get the odd hunter becoming stuck) - although this may have been fixed in the last patch..

still awaiting feedback -- use name_clean if you have this issue.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 03:24:52 AM

Still plenty of opportunity to buy and get started. Gosh long way off from it being over priced (I expect her to go up well over 10x market value atm)

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 03:46:18 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 03:58:41 AM by BayAreaCoins

Still plenty of opportunity to buy and get started. Gosh long way off from it being over priced (I expect her to go up well over 10x market value atm)

There is nothing worse than saying a coin could go to price x.

Any coin could go to zero on a technical glitch or go past bitcoin if it struck some popular fad nerve.

Any coin can not go to zero... this one for example rofl. I'll buy every friggin HUC there is... there will always be a Bid for HUC at this rate (unless something stupid goes on like what happened with DOGE.)  EDIT: I'm not trying to come off as a dickbag in this part, but it is true. I have the confidence in myself alone to aquire >42 million coins in the Satoshi range.

Bitcoin going down is only going to help HUC gain popularity.  A BTC crash would be good for HUC in more ways than one to be totally honest.  That is one of the big reasons DOGE got a good push.

Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:03:44 AM

So, I just bought my first Huntercoins and waiting for the blockchain to sync up. Looks like it will take a few weeks, so what should I read up on meanwhile?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:14:38 AM

So, I just bought my first Huntercoins and waiting for the blockchain to sync up. Looks like it will take a few weeks, so what should I read up on meanwhile?

Dice/Invest/Jerk off/get stoned! Duh Cheesy

There is nothing worse than saying a coin could go to price x.

Any coin could go to zero on a technical glitch or go past bitcoin if it struck some popular fad nerve.

Any coin can not go to zero... this one for example rofl. I'll buy every friggin HUC there is... there will always be a Bid for HUC at this rate (unless something stupid goes on like what happened with DOGE.)

Bitcoin going down is only going to help HUC gain popularity.  A BTC crash would be good for HUC in more ways than one to be totally honest.  That is one of the big reasons DOGE got a good push.

You never know. Better to help the coin develop but be realistic that nothing should be taken for granted.

Yesterday I bought some huc on cryptsy up to about 0.00004000 and still there are no people arbitraging from poloniex where there are coins for sale for 0.00002990

Right now

Cryptsy.   huc.        bid 3145      ask 3996
Poloniex.  huc        bid 2889.      ask 2929

A person could buy some on Poloniex at 0.00002929 and sell them on Cryptsy for 0.00003145 and make a few cents quickly. Then once they got a feel for arbitrage they could even out the markets whenever needed. That would help the coin. It's not convenient for me at the moment or I'd do it.

Lots of opportunities in a lot of different areas.  I agree!

Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: