Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:15:43 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 04:36:22 PM by redbeans2012

So, I just bought my first Huntercoins and waiting for the blockchain to sync up. Looks like it will take a few weeks, so what should I read up on meanwhile?

I highly recommend deleting everything from the appdata huntercoin directory  and following these install instructions

http://huntercoin.info/help/install

downloading the blockchain directly will have you up and running within an hour or 2.  I also recommend the mithril man client.

EDIT: if you already sent coins to your wallet, make sure to backup the wallet.dat in the appdata directory first.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Falcon98

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:24:13 AM

Hey guys , I wonder if it is hard earn huntercoins through playing the game? I got 500 HUC , should I play?
zzaza
Legendary

Activity: 926

Zoltan - PD Moderator

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:17:30 AM

Hey guys , I wonder if it is hard earn huntercoins through playing the game? I got 500 HUC , should I play?

Well every main territory is "guarded" by bots and people, if you are willing to sacrifice many generals then you can get lucky, but otherwise it wont be so easy...

OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:37:15 AM

I do not troll! I just got tired of loyalty on the part of the administration / developers. I am a supporter Huntercoin from the very first day of its existence !!!

I tried all versions from the beginning to this point (without exception). I tried to be always connected, but the latest version of the "F" is something ...

Personally, I have brought to this project a lot of people, but they almost immediately left this coin because of loyal administration !!!!!!!

I can not play (I'm an experienced player and by certain operating time), so please tell me how I can bring a new player in this ?! What he was able to do if nothing works properly ?! He immediately goes and no longer want to come back here!

Kindly reconsider your attitude towards society and let us work together for the community! The fact that I have a bad English, it does not mean that we can not find a common language!

zzaza
Legendary

Activity: 926

Zoltan - PD Moderator

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:45:37 AM

I do not troll! I just got tired of loyalty on the part of the administration / developers. I am a supporter Huntercoin from the very first day of its existence !!!

I tried all versions from the beginning to this point (without exception). I tried to be always connected, but the latest version of the "F" is something ...

Personally, I have brought to this project a lot of people, but they almost immediately left this coin because of loyal administration !!!!!!!

I can not play (I'm an experienced player and by certain operating time), so please tell me how I can bring a new player in this ?! What he was able to do if nothing works properly ?! He immediately goes and no longer want to come back here!

Kindly reconsider your attitude towards society and let us work together for the community! The fact that I have a bad English, it does not mean that we can not find a common language!

I can understand what you say OSYA, unfortunately this game has still some issues, and most of the people left it. But the idea itself is amazing, but we cant fight against technology, bots are everywhere, and there is no such thing as perfect project. I think it will get better, but it takes time, and unfortunately people are lack of patience which is understandable...

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:46:22 AM

I do not troll! I just got tired of loyalty lack of development on the part of the administration / developers. I am a supporter Huntercoin from the very first day of its existence !!!

Personally, I have brought to this project a lot of people, but they almost immediately left this coin because of loyalty lack of development administration !!!!!!!

My translation from his last post.  He isn't trolling I wouldn't say. I know what he means... it would have been a better launch with the shit fixed, however a lot of things success is judged on their hard times.  I brought a number of people who played at first then quit (some of which are coming back slowly.)

Also it is hard to get people to speculate on the coin when they can't hold the coins themselfs. No one wants to keep their shit on exchanges for obvious reasons. Even right now less than 10% of all HUC that exist are currently on the Ask @ Poloniex.

The people who tried it and left the project for whatever reason will just be that much more better with it once everything is stamped out.  I believe this coin will make the big boy news people here shortly (or hear longly... it doesn't matter because it is secure.)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

I can understand what you say OSYA, unfortunately this game has still some issues, and most of the people left it. But the idea itself is amazing, but we cant fight against technology, bots are everywhere, and there is no such thing as perfect project. I think it will get better, but it takes time, and unfortunately people are lack of patience which is understandable...

The idea of ​​super-duper Cheesy

But there are so many flaws that must be corrected! And in that moment when I try to point the finger at any problem, I am told that I am doing something wrong and that I did not have enough experience!

I wish the project success!

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:50:43 PM

tell me what problems you are having?? please explain.

The only issues technically are (that i can think of atm) :

Slow syncing (large chain) -- being worked on. Syncing blocks after disaster is actually 100x faster. Once pruning is implemented we can put up some "agreed upon" pruned chain (maybe domob can add some sort of rpc which prunes/normalises so everyone has identical output (pruned chain) so can make sure is legit (produces some hash?).
possible pending hunters if playing hardcore - try new update to see if it fixes.

Game Issues:

Need more players, needs possibly some adjustments of game mechanics >> accessibility (pruning/mobile client), playability...
Being worked on.

Explain in detail your problems

OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:27:55 PM

tell me what problems you are having?? please explain.

The only issues technically are (that i can think of atm) :

Slow syncing (large chain) -- being worked on. Syncing blocks after disaster is actually 100x faster. Once pruning is implemented we can put up some "agreed upon" pruned chain (maybe domob can add some sort of rpc which prunes/normalises so everyone has identical output (pruned chain) so can make sure is legit (produces some hash?).
possible pending hunters if playing hardcore - try new update to see if it fixes.

Game Issues:

Need more players, needs possibly some adjustments of game mechanics >> accessibility (pruning/mobile client), playability...
Being worked on.

Explain in detail your problems

I play to 50-120 generals.

When ordering instructions, min. 30% do not appear (displayed on the black) the transaction is suspended (many remain with the sign "?" And die).
The soldiers who had left the base, hang next redirection or attempt to destroy.

Very often disappear command from the control panel (but on the field they are). This has already been used, but you have corrected, and now it appeared again.

Sometimes appear on the balance of the unknown coins after which all operations are pending, after a few reboots QT these coin disappear and pending disappears.

Often stops loading units (saves only reboot QT).

Have practical experience (in what situations most often appear pending, if necessary I can describe)

Of course, these problems have been before (to be more precise, they have always been), but in the past these problems could fight and they were not so much! The version of "F" all these problems worsened and with them is almost impossible to fight!

Blockchain you are offering for download is not recognized by clients and starts loading the entire history from the first day! About 8 days ago, someone spread the files, and so they are working, and your not!

BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:29:51 PM

bots are everywhere

I really don't feel like this is the case or a problem right now. Granted there are some gathering bots on the map, but those shouldn't really bother people to much I wouldn't think right now. The attacking players I don't really think are 'complete' bots, or they are not very sophisticated by any means. I have been playing manually off and on for the last week to see what is going on with the game for inspiration of my next bot programs. The characters I think people think are bots are very easy to attack and take coins from. Even if the characters are doubled up, you can still take an easy 4.8 coins from them. They seem to re-generate automatically which implies bot behavior. But I think they mostly go to a tile and wait for manual instruction. At least they really aren't very sophisticated to make good real-time game decisions. These characters are being controlled by a group of dedicated people which makes them tough for the casual player to compete with. Casual players will need to team up to control parts of the game board if they want to.

OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:36:20 PM

bots are everywhere

I really don't feel like this is the case or a problem right now. Granted there are some gathering bots on the map, but those shouldn't really bother people to much I wouldn't think right now. The attacking players I don't really think are 'complete' bots, or they are not very sophisticated by any means. I have been playing manually off and on for the last week to see what is going on with the game for inspiration of my next bot programs. The characters I think people think are bots are very easy to attack and take coins from. Even if the characters are doubled up, you can still take an easy 4.8 coins from them. They seem to re-generate automatically which implies bot behavior. But I think they mostly go to a tile and wait for manual instruction. At least really aren't very sophisticated to make good real-time game decisions. These characters are being controlled by a group of dedicated people which makes them tough for the casual player to compete with. Casual players will need to team up to control parts of the game board if they want to.

+1

In fact, not bots problem! With bots fun to play !!! There are several reasons that I listed above, and they do not give to deal with bots! Because as practice shows have bots do not have these problems that a person has!

Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

So the slow syncing is caused by those many hunters on the chain/map or by some bugs, right? Will it be worked out in theory? Will the pruning be repeated from time to time? Apart from the first pruning, will the following pruning have no effect on the game state? Thanks.

Wish a success on this project!

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

So the slow syncing is caused by those many hunters on the chain/map or by some bugs, right? Will it be worked out in theory? Will the pruning be repeated from time to time? Apart from the first pruning, will the following pruning have no effect on the game state? Thanks.

If you wish to call it a "bug", yes.  The amount of transactions processed by Huntercoin is just order of magnitudes larger than any other altcoin I know of (the pure chain is almost half that of Bitcoin, with a much shorter life-time so far) - thus it hit the limits of the current implementation.  I've been working on improving performance, which has been going on quite good as far as I think.  Basically I'm in the process of implementing similar optimisations that Bitcoin did for the last two years (but I'm alone with it) and planning on things Bitcoin doesn't even has yet.  So please be patient. Wink

Pruning will be a "continuous" progress.  What I'm currently planning to do (at least as a first step) is to add RPC calls that can be executed manually and that will remove unnecessary information (like very old moves that are no longer needed since the current game state is known anyway) from disk.  It won't change anything to the network-level protocol, and you will be the one to decide when and how often to do it.  It won't be a hardfork or something that takes place at a certain time only.

To give more precise progress updates:  It is already possible to prune the game state database (remove old game states), which brings game.dat down from 200 MiB to under 1 MiB.  I'm already a good way towards pruning nameindexfull.dat (removing old name updates), which will (hopefully) remove almost all of the currently 1.8 GiB of nameindexfull.dat.  After that, I'll try to work on the harder parts (blkindex.dat and eventually even the real chain on disk - this is something also Bitcoin doesn't have, AFAIK).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

So, I just bought my first Huntercoins and waiting for the blockchain to sync up. Looks like it will take a few weeks, so what should I read up on meanwhile?

I highly recommend deleting everything from the appdata huntercoin directory  and following these install instructions

http://huntercoin.info/help/install

downloading the blockchain directly will have you up and running within an hour or 2.  I also recommend the mithril man client.

Won't that eliminate your coins too? With most coins if you lose the wallet.dat you lose your coins.

You should edit that comment in case someone is sent to it by Google without knowing what all is in appdata.

I edited it, but from I gathered he is waiting for the blockchain to sync and has no money in his wallet.
redbeans2012

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

Well every main territory is "guarded" by bots and people, if you are willing to sacrifice many generals then you can get lucky, but otherwise it wont be so easy...

Does an experienced player have a great advantage over a novice? And does it take long to learn to play well enough that you can earn some coins?

Also what would happen if tens of thousands of people played at once? Are there new fields that open up to accomodate them? Is there infrastructure for high volume? It would be a long time probably before you would need that but it would be nice to know what the system can handle.

I'm not that experienced, but I can gather a few hundred a day.. more if I kill other players.  Remember your own color cannot kill you so if you hang around the coin areas of your own color, you will be fine.  Unless there is a raid, that happens every now and again.
OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:19:08 PM

flangjeck

Neglect of community members and the project itself!

So clearly?

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

flangjeck

So clearly?

Are you actually complaining that the people who do this FOR FREE are not working hard enough for you? Seriously?

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:11:40 PM

flangjeck

So clearly?

Are you actually complaining that the people who do this FOR FREE are not working hard enough for you? Seriously?

If you do not mind, please tell me what nationality you are?

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

flangjeck

So clearly?

I don't know what difference that makes, but I am from the US.

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
OSYA

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:39:31 PM

flangjeck

So clearly?

I don't know what difference that makes, but I am from the US.

In this case, please read more carefully post # 5801 and do not ask me please more stupid 'questions!

Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: