Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:24:29 AM

Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.

If its empty thats actually a good thing... any proof of this?

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

There are similarities to Mint (and many cryptos) with the penny stock market.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle

Nice site!

Is it all custom software or have you used a script to wok from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paspi

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:10:52 AM

question 2 : can someone explain the difference from IRC seeding in comparison with DNS seeding? i saw it merged in GitHub per 15 may 2014 (Enabled DNS seeding by default, added 1 DNS seed)
IRC seeding works by mint client connecting to an IRC channel, sees all online mint clients' addresses, and tries connecting to them randomly. Some peers may reject connections, etc. It takes a while to get an initial connection to the network (especially for new users)

DNS seeding works by mint client resolving a DNS address. DNS query returns a list of 15-20 "best" IP addresses to connect to. Client connects to any of them and it succeeds.

There is a DNS seeder that is running and traversing network all the time. It keeps track of which nodes have the best uptime, their blockchain position, etc. When anyone queries the seeder, it returns a random list of best nodes it knows about.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
paspi

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:12:02 AM

So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?
for starters, first POS android client is on its way.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:38:06 AM

Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle

I would have to agree/disagree, many small public companies develop projects that add value, exactly the same as projects that help add value to a coin. But my point is, MOST cryptos and MOST penny stock companies never amount to anything and there is often an underlying group of people using them to simply generate some "easy" money, without creating any true value at all.

If your money is tied up with them, best to understand the rules of the game.

Agree but takes alot more effortto setup a small business to help your penny stock no? Never even heard of this... except with this all u need is a computer and some drive.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:39:08 AM

Nice site!

Is it all custom software or have you used a script to wok from?

Its basically all custom although i started from a base but I changed it so much that really its all new.
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

question 2 : can someone explain the difference from IRC seeding in comparison with DNS seeding? i saw it merged in GitHub per 15 may 2014 (Enabled DNS seeding by default, added 1 DNS seed)
IRC seeding works by mint client connecting to an IRC channel, sees all online mint clients' addresses, and tries connecting to them randomly. Some peers may reject connections, etc. It takes a while to get an initial connection to the network (especially for new users)

DNS seeding works by mint client resolving a DNS address. DNS query returns a list of 15-20 "best" IP addresses to connect to. Client connects to any of them and it succeeds.

There is a DNS seeder that is running and traversing network all the time. It keeps track of which nodes have the best uptime, their blockchain position, etc. When anyone queries the seeder, it returns a random list of best nodes it knows about.

Thanks for your explanation of DNS seeding. I only had a very sketchy understanding of how it worked until I read your post.
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:00:18 PM

This is interesting. Do you mean that what the mintcoin's peer searching is by connecting the irc channel or by resolving the name cache server?

Coin Revolution
paspi

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:39:21 PM

This is interesting. Do you mean that what the mintcoin's peer searching is by connecting the irc channel or by resolving the name cache server?
It was only IRC. It's now both.

Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:53:57 PM

guys, beside the android wallet is anything going on? any PR campaigns? what is/are the devs up to? any thoughts on adding anonymity features? they seem to be fancy right now.
RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

Can someone tell me the max stake age?  I don't see it in the OP, thanks.

Yeah, so I have wallet v1.9.1 and it is always open yet I have coins from March 6th and April 14th that still have not staked.  All the other coins are staking fine.  And I'm not a complete moron but I most definitely did not read this entire thread. 

Can someone tell me the max stake age

Bonus: Why do I have coins from 3/6 and 4/14 that haven't staked yet?
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

Yeah, so I have wallet v1.9.1 and it is always open yet I have coins from March 6th and April 14th that still have not staked.  All the other coins are staking fine.  And I'm not a complete moron but I most definitely did not read this entire thread. 

try using coin control features to merge several small amounts of coin(Send several small as one big to yourself). But you have to wait another 20 days.

Coin Revolution
paspi

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:38:00 PM

Staking is a stochastic process. It may, it may not. Amount of coins in the transaction increase your chances.

Minimum required time is 20 days, there is no max time to generate a stake, but your interest won't increase after 40 days.

Your amounts in the transaction might be too low, it may be better to merge them into a single bigger transaction (and wait 20 days), or just use them when you're paying something.

MarSas

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:42:26 PM

Maybe it has to do with size. My smallest mined amount is 1.272328.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

Keep in mind that the number of coins in a transaction impact its "weight" (ie. number of entries into the lottery). It's basically like the hash rate, to equate it to something.

Also, you are playing the lottery when staking. I've had transactions on other coins (with 1-day waits) that take weeks to stake and others that stake as soon as they hit the cap. It's all random.

I'd suggest merging the amounts not being staked, though, just to give them more weight/priority.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:41:44 PM

thanks for your reply.

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

good time to but MINT, i will
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:57:25 PM

Maybe it has to do with size. My smallest mined amount is 1.272328.

My smallest mined amount:

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:58:27 PM

Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

This is MINT.  This is the coin that started the entire PoS craze!

Oh well, I don't dump, I have been buying a few million here, a few million there, and sending them to my wallet to stake since MINT dropped under 20 satoshis, so I may as well scoop up a few million more and go down with the ship if I must.

Hope we see some life back in good old MINT one of these days.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

This is MINT.  This is the coin that started the entire PoS craze!

Oh well, I don't dump, I have been buying a few million here, a few million there, and sending them to my wallet to stake since MINT dropped under 20 satoshis, so I may as well scoop up a few million more and go down with the ship if I must.

It didn't help that it was intentionally steamrolled by a jealous dev from the beginning.

Even sadder than where the coin's value sits right now, is the lack of enthusiasm of this community. Lack of activity here will not help. I may start posting random facts or something (kidding, but...) just to keep the thread up front.

Activity folks! Let's not let this slide into obscurity!

I know the android wallet is coming, and that should increase awareness, but... let's have a chat-fest or something!  Grin
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:56:44 AM

Yikes, I can honestly say my faith is a bit shaken.  I have never seen a coin rise this far, this fast, build such a large community, and then bam!  Straight down.  It's like someone slammed on the brakes and never let off them.

This is MINT.  This is the coin that started the entire PoS craze!

It didn't help that it was intentionally steamrolled by a jealous dev from the beginning.

Even sadder than where the coin's value sits right now, is the lack of enthusiasm of this community. Lack of activity here will not help. I may start posting random facts or something (kidding, but...) just to keep the thread up front.

Activity folks! Let's not let this slide into obscurity!

I know the android wallet is coming, and that should increase awareness, but... let's have a chat-fest or something!  Grin

What do you mean steamrolled by a jealous dev? Interested since I've been in it from day 1.

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: