Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:31:19 PM

Thank You

Congratulations to Mati Cohen!!!

Hello everyone! I like to convey our sincere congratulations to Mati Cohen, a new addition to DNotes Leadership Team. We have officially accepted Mati as a DNotes Community Director with initial focus, using his best efforts, to increase DNotes fans on business, employees and students community in Israel and the European region. Mati is a Journalist at Ground Jourbalism/ Ktiv Haser.  I trust that you all will join me to give Mati the warmest welcome and give him our best support.

Thank you all.

Alan

Welcome Mati! Glad to hear you accepted the position, I've heard much about you from my conversations with Alan.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:34:55 PM

Glad to hear it Mati, i remember you had written an article on digital currency a while back?
kanus1113

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:40:48 PM

I found that quote I wanted to suggest for DCEBrief by the way:

"we are willing to do things others won't do, so that one day we can do things others can't do" -Dyna
matatyau-cohen

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:49:37 PM

Thank you Kanus 1113, I guess you mean to the view I've written here some weeks ago. hope to be able to write articles about digital currencies in the future

Glad to hear it Mati, i remember you had written an article on digital currency a while back?
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 06:38:30 PM

Thank you Alan, I'll do my best to be helpful member of this community, I believe that dnotes as a totaly free-of-touch currency - is a great need of the global up-of-nationality future community. sure there is and there will be a struggle to strive to the top with many other good currencies. the names of the win in this struggle is: community, cooperation and honesty. thanks again

Hello everyone! I like to convey our sincere congratulations to Mati Cohen, a new addition to DNotes Leadership Team. We have officially accepted Mati as a DNotes Community Director with initial focus, using his best efforts, to increase DNotes fans on business, employees and students community in Israel and the European region. Mati is a Journalist at Ground Jourbalism/ Ktiv Haser.  I trust that you all will join me to give Mati the warmest welcome and give him our best support.

Thank you all.

Alan

Welcome Mati! I'm sure you will find promoting DNotes both satisfying and, intellectually challenging. Best thing is, it's fun as well!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

Here's an interesting article on compliance issues:

Five Recommendations for Bitcoin Companies to Ensure Compliance with the Department of Justice

Recommendations

Here are some specific steps for emerging virtual currency businesses to consider when ensuring their compliance efforts align with DOJ’s guidance and expectations:

It’s Never Too Early. Anticipate compliance issues as soon as possible in the company’s lifecycle. Develop a compliance system at the same time that you are refining your product or service (and well before you interact with customers).

People, People, People. It’s hard to understand cryptocurrencies, and even harder to explain them well to skeptical law enforcement personnel. Make excellent compliance people part of your initial team and include them in important decision-making.

Money, Money, Money. There must be the financial commitment to compliance that is required in this industry space. While DOJ seems sympathetic to the “significant expenditure of resources,” it will not likely go easy on those whom it concludes have skimped.

Think About the Technology’s Regulatory Future. The technology of, and related to, your virtual currency will shape the government’s expectations. Take bitcoin for example. Unlike dollar bills, say, every bitcoin carries its own transaction history. The blockchain is a public ledger of all bitcoin transactions. And new products are being refined that can analyze that blockchain and seek to determine every place a bitcoin has been and perhaps even who transferred or held it. It may become possible to give bitcoin a risk score, since those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean.

"

Instill a High-Integrity Culture Now for the Company You Will Become. The government has high expectations for those it views as running “gatekeeper” businesses. The regulatory bar is bound to get even higher as large banks and financial institutions — with their established and highly professional compliance staffs — develop their own virtual currencies. As “gatekeeper” businesses grow, they face pressures to be “ethical” and not simply to meet legal and regulatory minimums. Adopt a broad view of compliance risk that focuses on the risk of misconduct and on reputational risk and then communicate that view clearly and compellingly in the onboarding process.

Full article:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/21417/five-recommendations-bitcoin-companies-ensure-compliance-department-justice/

Interesting article.

"It may become possible to give bitcoin a risk score, since those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean." Gives me a bit of a bad feeling. We probably shouldn't be doing anything as a result of where coins came from, leaving that up to the legal enforcement agencies.

"...those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean."

That's a VERY dangerous statement. Applying such metrics will destroy the industry. Not trying to be too blunt about it but, who cares where the coins came from? It doesn't change the use of the coin and it certainly should not change the value. If someone handed me a twenty dollar bill, I don't care where the bill has been but, I may care who is handing it to me. It's all very conceptual. Money is a tool, period. The type, shape, size, history of the token etc should have no breaing on it's transactional value.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
matatyau-cohen

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:53:20 PM

Thank You

Thank you Alan, I'll do my best to be helpful member of this community, I believe that dnotes as a totaly free-of-touch currency - is a great need of the global up-of-nationality future community. sure there is and there will be a struggle to strive to the top with many other good currencies. the names of the win in this struggle is: community, cooperation and honesty. thanks again

Thank you all.

Alan

Welcome Mati! I'm sure you will find promoting DNotes both satisfying and, intellectually challenging. Best thing is, it's fun as well!

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:30:23 PM

Five Recommendations for Bitcoin Companies to Ensure Compliance with the Department of Justice

Recommendations

Here are some specific steps for emerging virtual currency businesses to consider when ensuring their compliance efforts align with DOJ’s guidance and expectations:

It’s Never Too Early. Anticipate compliance issues as soon as possible in the company’s lifecycle. Develop a compliance system at the same time that you are refining your product or service (and well before you interact with customers).

People, People, People. It’s hard to understand cryptocurrencies, and even harder to explain them well to skeptical law enforcement personnel. Make excellent compliance people part of your initial team and include them in important decision-making.

Money, Money, Money. There must be the financial commitment to compliance that is required in this industry space. While DOJ seems sympathetic to the “significant expenditure of resources,” it will not likely go easy on those whom it concludes have skimped.

Think About the Technology’s Regulatory Future. The technology of, and related to, your virtual currency will shape the government’s expectations. Take bitcoin for example. Unlike dollar bills, say, every bitcoin carries its own transaction history. The blockchain is a public ledger of all bitcoin transactions. And new products are being refined that can analyze that blockchain and seek to determine every place a bitcoin has been and perhaps even who transferred or held it. It may become possible to give bitcoin a risk score, since those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean.

"

Instill a High-Integrity Culture Now for the Company You Will Become. The government has high expectations for those it views as running “gatekeeper” businesses. The regulatory bar is bound to get even higher as large banks and financial institutions — with their established and highly professional compliance staffs — develop their own virtual currencies. As “gatekeeper” businesses grow, they face pressures to be “ethical” and not simply to meet legal and regulatory minimums. Adopt a broad view of compliance risk that focuses on the risk of misconduct and on reputational risk and then communicate that view clearly and compellingly in the onboarding process.

Full article:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/21417/five-recommendations-bitcoin-companies-ensure-compliance-department-justice/

Interesting article.

"It may become possible to give bitcoin a risk score, since those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean." Gives me a bit of a bad feeling. We probably shouldn't be doing anything as a result of where coins came from, leaving that up to the legal enforcement agencies.

"...those of suspicious provenance (for instance, those having once been through a mixer or in a dark wallet) could be separated from those that are squeaky clean."

That's a VERY dangerous statement. Applying such metrics will destroy the industry. Not trying to be too blunt about it but, who cares where the coins came from? It doesn't change the use of the coin and it certainly should not change the value. If someone handed me a twenty dollar bill, I don't care where the bill has been but, I may care who is handing it to me. It's all very conceptual. Money is a tool, period. The type, shape, size, history of the token etc should have no breaing on it's transactional value.

I don't think the government (pick any country) has the money to micromanage the industry like that.  The fortune that would cost would be better off spent following the criminal activity only.  I can't help but think that they would be violating some privacy law or need just cause to look into (spy) where Jane Doe spends her cryptocurrency or the fact that her legitimate business accepted it without knowing its origins.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:32:57 PM

Thank you all.

Alan

Thank, you Mati. We are honored and proud to have you join our efforts to help build a very much needed global digital currency for everyone worldwide. We know that this is a generational commitment that will take unyielding hard work and tenacity beyond a single generation. Perhaps that is among the various reasons why Chase came up with the idea of CRISP of Kids. They may well be our future leaders to help accomplish the mission we started today.

Taking our time to do the right things with trust and integrity are our marching orders. We know that there will be good times and challenging ones ahead of us. In our world of increasing financial distress, where common citizens are so vulnerable to financial ruin as a result cumulative poor political decisions, being associated with a trusted global digital currency alternative is a mission we all can be proud of. Welcome, aboard, Mati!!!

"We know that this is a generational commitment that will take unyielding hard work and tenacity beyond a single generation. Perhaps that is among the various reasons why Chase came up with the idea of CRISP of Kids. They may well be our future leaders to help accomplish the mission we started today."

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit."
- Nelson Henderson

Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 08:09:49 PM

Thank you all.

Alan

Welcome onboard, and congrats ! , if need whatever just here my help  Cool
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:23:55 PM

Recommendations

"

Interesting article.

I don't think the government (pick any country) has the money to micromanage the industry like that.  The fortune that would cost would be better off spent following the criminal activity only.  I can't help but think that they would be violating some privacy law or need just cause to look into (spy) where Jane Doe spends her cryptocurrency or the fact that her legitimate business accepted it without knowing its origins.

We can only hope so but, I've seen our govt spend money on things totally off the wall, with no results, time and time again. In this case though, it would be a monumental task to track everyone for such a small return...

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:50:44 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 01:01:42 AM by Dyna

Recommendations

"

Interesting article.

I don't think the government (pick any country) has the money to micromanage the industry like that.  The fortune that would cost would be better off spent following the criminal activity only.  I can't help but think that they would be violating some privacy law or need just cause to look into (spy) where Jane Doe spends her cryptocurrency or the fact that her legitimate business accepted it without knowing its origins.

We can only hope so but, I've seen our govt spend money on things totally off the wall, with no results, time and time again. In this case though, it would be a monumental task to track everyone for such a small return...

This statement did catch my attention. I read it as good thing as to why DNotes has every possibility and advantage to be superior to fiat currency. I am fairly certain that analytical tools are already in development to identify the historical journey of every single DNotes and other digital currency. This is an incredibly powerful feature, comparable as the DNA of money; easier to convict the guilty party and free the innocent without the need of DNA from everyone else.

DNotes has strategically avoided joining the anonymity bandwagon, just in case RJF is right. However, I believe that there will be strong demand for anonymity, especially within our industry until it becomes too costly and burdensome to be the watchful target. We feel more comfortable to remain squeaky clean.

Here is another very good reason to use DCEBrief as the platform to highlight issues that matter by clearly laying out the advantages of digital currency and the pitfalls to avoid, including the potential of judicial overreach (abuse) just because the technology offers that powerful feature as a law enforcement tool.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 02:35:54 AM

Just noticed this on Poloniex.

"ALERT: Poloniex will no longer be allowed to provide services to residents of the State of New York starting on August 8th, 2015. If you are a resident of New York, please take appropriate measures to withdraw your funds by this date. "

grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:59:46 AM

"ALERT: Poloniex will no longer be allowed to provide services to residents of the State of New York starting on August 8th, 2015. If you are a resident of New York, please take appropriate measures to withdraw your funds by this date. "

Yes I just read that myself. Bitlicense for State of New York. Must have them withdrawn by 11:59 on August 7th.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:04:07 PM

Yes I just read that myself. Bitlicense for State of New York. Must have them withdrawn by 11:59 on August 7th.

This should not be a surprise. Notice was given 5 or 6 weeks ago. Can anyone confirm if Cryptsy has Bitlicense? I am working on the assumption that they do, based on their registration and account verification process. If someone could find out and get a confirmation, it will be helpful.

DNotes is now at position # 4 on Cryptsy Vote List. #2 spot is within striking distance. That is where we need to be and we need your support very much. Your maximum participation is needed more than a large number of votes. Community support conveys a strong and compelling message. Unfortunately, that has been lacking. We will secure the 2nd position soon but may not get listed without your participation and support. If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  for 50 votes. If you already have an account at Cryptsy sending a letter of endorsement to "Support" recommending DNotes to be listed on Cryptsy will go a long way.

I seldom go this far to plead for your support, but this is extremely important. What I am seeing in our industry and the financial crises brewing around the world is extremely troubling. We need DCEBrief as a platform to communicate on issues that matter. A platform that can engage like minded people to help frame those issues constructively, objectively and positively in a clear and compelling format as an Executive Summary with supporting facts in a full length article. We need to aggressive reach out to political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others.

DNotes and the many projects we have been working on are needed more than ever as financial crises continue to spread rapidly worldwide. We are not in the position to change the world but DNotes is a viable alternative to help alleviate various global challenges once we reached a certain scale and stature. In the mean time, making DNotes available to an exchange like Cryptsy is valuable, especially in light of the lost of Allcoin exchange.
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:00:26 PM

Thank you all.

Alan

Welcome aboard Mati!!
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:11:49 PM

This should not be a surprise. Notice was given 5 or 6 weeks ago. Can anyone confirm if Cryptsy has Bitlicense? I am working on the assumption that they do, based on their registration and account verification process. If someone could find out and get a confirmation, it will be helpful.

DNotes is now at position # 4 on Cryptsy Vote List. #2 spot is within striking distance. That is where we need to be and we need your support very much. Your maximum participation is needed more than a large number of votes. Community support conveys a strong and compelling message. Unfortunately, that has been lacking. We will secure the 2nd position soon but may not get listed without your participation and support. If you can afford to contribute .01 BTC ($3) send it to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  for 50 votes. If you already have an account at Cryptsy sending a letter of endorsement to "Support" recommending DNotes to be listed on Cryptsy will go a long way.

I seldom go this far to plead for your support, but this is extremely important.
What I am seeing in our industry and the financial crises brewing around the world is extremely troubling. We need DCEBrief as a platform to communicate on issues that matter. A platform that can engage like minded people to help frame those issues constructively, objectively and positively in a clear and compelling format as an Executive Summary with supporting facts in a full length article. We need to aggressive reach out to political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others.

DNotes and the many projects we have been working on are needed more than ever as financial crises continue to spread rapidly worldwide. We are not in the position to change the world but DNotes is a viable alternative to help alleviate various global challenges once we reached a certain scale and stature. In the mean time, making DNotes available to an exchange like Cryptsy is valuable, especially in light of the lost of Allcoin exchange.

I just wanted to add a couple of points to this. 

1.  You don't need an account at Cryptsy to vote with bitcoin. 

2.  Most people here have little bits of bitcoin sitting on various exchanges that could buy a few votes.

3.  The more individual votes cast, the better the chance of us getting listed (they want to see large community).

4.  I have been here from the beginning and I don't ever remember Alan pleading for support, so let's step up and help out.

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  -  as much as you can afford to help, with a minimum of .0002 per vote.

Smiley Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 02:31:45 PM

I seldom go this far to plead for your support, but this is extremely important.
What I am seeing in our industry and the financial crises brewing around the world is extremely troubling. We need DCEBrief as a platform to communicate on issues that matter. A platform that can engage like minded people to help frame those issues constructively, objectively and positively in a clear and compelling format as an Executive Summary with supporting facts in a full length article. We need to aggressive reach out to political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others.

2.  Most people here have little bits of bitcoin sitting on various exchanges that could buy a few votes.

3.  The more individual votes cast, the better the chance of us getting listed (they want to see large community).

4.  I have been here from the beginning and I don't ever remember Alan pleading for support, so let's step up and help out.

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ  -  as much as you can afford to help, with a minimum of .0002 per vote.

Smiley Smiley

Great ideas Chase! Lets show Cryptsy our community support as much as possible.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

I seldom go this far to plead for your support, but this is extremely important. What I am seeing in our industry and the financial crises brewing around the world is extremely troubling. We need DCEBrief as a platform to communicate on issues that matter. A platform that can engage like minded people to help frame those issues constructively, objectively and positively in a clear and compelling format as an Executive Summary with supporting facts in a full length article. We need to aggressive reach out to political leaders, regulators, media executives, educators, business executives and others.

I have been trying to make a post for a day or two now! We are so busy in the garden I have a hard time keeping up with you guys. It is Sunday morning, and I have taken three important phone calls already, then a short meeting with my Field Manager. But, this is such an important topic, and I feel so strongly about it that it deserves to be addressed, even though the grankids just showed up, and Grandpa needs some Grandkid Play Time, I have to address this topic:

Yoda: (Alan, or Dyna, as most of you know him): I agree with you on almost all points. Yes, the New York thing is no surprise. "They" (regulators in general) are doing what they ALWAYS do: Skew the playing field so that only the "very large" and "very connected" get to play in their playground.
     I also very much agree with the Crypsy Voting. It is critical now, in light of the Allcoin disaster. Yes, disaster. Another damn scam in the world of Crypto. Is anyone surprised? To be honest, yes, it still took me by surprise (but should not have). Mt. Gox. Crypto Rush. Mintpal. Allcoin should be no surprise, I guess. Very sad, but no surprise.
     I also agree with Yoda on all points in the last paragragh, except one. He said: We are not in the position to change the world but DNotes is a viable alternative to help alleviate various global challenges once we reached a certain scale and stature. This is one of the few times I will disagree with Alan. We ARE in a position to change the world, BECAUSE of the second half of his quote. I know that is a very bold statement. Very bold indeed, but not taken lightly and not without a LOT of deep thought and discussion.
     Why would I utter such a statement in a public forum? Because I really do believe it. When looked at from the outside, Crypto-Currency is a cesspool. A minefield full of scammers and thieves. When looking at it from the "outside", that is exacly what it looks like. Why does it look like that? BECAUSE IT IS TRUE. The world of Crypto-Currency IS a cesspool. It IS full of scammers and thieves. If this continues, it will set back mass adoption of the Blockchain, Bitcoin, and with it all Alt Currency by decades. The ENTIRE INDUSTRY is in trouble. The entire industry is not only shooting itself in the foot, it is slitting it's own throat.
     Here is where we are in a position to CHANGE THE WORLD. If I were studying this from the "outside", and wanted to drain the cesspool, here is what I would do: I would develop a coin, and design it from the ground up to be transparent, reliable, and ABOVE ALL: TRUSTWORTHY. I would develop an infrastructure around this coin that appealed to "the masses", instead of appealing to the "early adoptors". I would try include folks who most others would ignore, thinking of them as the "ignorant masses". I would build an eco-system that makes it easier to understand, and easier to use. Information, at a level that ordinary folks can understand WOULD BE A KEY BUILDING BLOCK. I would also try to reach the "Movers and Shakers" of society. 99% of this group has NO IDEA what the Blockchain and Eco-System really is. They, just like most ordinary folks, view Bitcoin with disdain and dis-trust.
     So, in closing, I publicly and very politely diss-aree with you. We CAN change the world. Cryptomoms and DNotes Vault are just two of many examples. But, our most important challenge to date is DCBrief. The "Movers and Shakers MUST be educated on the true advantages of the Blockchain and Crypto-Currency. The second most important challenge, especially in light of the Allcoin disaster, is getting listed on Crypsy. OK. Rant over. Time to grab a Grandkid or two and head out to the Garden.

Respectfully,
Smokey
kanus1113

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:08:49 PM

Smiley Smiley

Great ideas Chase! Lets show Cryptsy our community support as much as possible.

I'm sure I have 50 cents worth of bitcoin somewhere I have forgotten about lol. I don't want to sell any of my coins, so I may just buy a couple bucks worth of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: