Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
Coongcoongler

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:45:14 AM

If you think that the coins is not making any progress even if the market is at its best, you should have to let it go and move on. Look for another prospect coins with so much potentials, watch to see it grows and be rewarded by having it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

I absolutely agree with this statement that one has to know when to stop the HODL and really cash out for once. I was reading through all the comments people made on r/CryptoCurrency/ to keep HODLing through the red market and the crypto market will surely turn to green in the end of summer.

Here we are now, the market is bleeding heavily and a lot of people who decided to HODL got burned hard. Take out your profits people!

jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Holding is the best thing for newbies, if they are listening to what everyone says and follow them then they would end up making a lot of losses. There really is not much that a newbie could do in this sort of market if they hope to make profits, you just hold the coins that you have no matter how low the prices may seem right now, they will definitely recover again.

Maximillllian

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
When the price goes up sharply, you need to prepare to sell. When in mass media and bloggers will shout that it is necessary to be bought - then to sell.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:27:16 PM

What are your thoughts?

Of course if  you invest in a project with hope that the project will turn out to be a successful project, but only to see that the project will not be successful and the price is falling it will be wise to sell your asset . Don't HODL if not you will  become a bag holder of that    every project
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

It depends on your goals, if I just wanted 20 percent profit then I would sell it right after getting to that point, some others prefer to just hold their coins until an opportunity of better investment comes to them and sell them when that happens.
edmundo
Copper Member

Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:44:13 PM

This is often times the case, knowing when to hold and when to sell off. Actually, holding could be best for newbies looking to profit in the long run without any form of expertise in trading. My strategy is to always hold 50% of any coin that has great potentials in my portfolio, the balance of 50% can then be sold off at a good bullish price or can be used to swing trade to acquire more of the same coin. It has been working well so far.
runikovsky

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:55:31 PM

If you are trying to hold be sure you can monitor the value time to time so you will know the flow of your investment, holding is a good idea but you must be smart all the time when you see the value is going down that's time to make you a decision.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:12:46 PM

If you are trying to hold be sure you can monitor the value time to time so you will know the flow of your investment, holding is a good idea but you must be smart all the time when you see the value is going down that's time to make you a decision.
first of all, it is necessary to understand that the riveted currency will always be unstable, and secondly, it is necessary to determine with more promising projects in which to make its investments for a long time. Only in this way, with a huge share of risk, you can get income.
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:24:55 PM

Agree with this one. HODL is not that easy because They're the one who is losing here. For me it is better to do Scalping trading done holding for too long because you might not know that the value of your holldings are losing too much and it can't  recover. But in Scalping trading you can increasing your asset with a profit that is why it's recommended  to everyone to know a basic trading fundamental to lessen the risk of it. HODL is like gambling so what the different if you're going to trade it.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:27:39 PM

What are your thoughts?
If they really dont know the movement of crypto market, they will fall on the emotional problem like panicking and out of control mindset about chain losing. Smart mind is not always about holding, its always depend on the scenario and the current position of your specific altcoins on your online wallet. That's why I always see any useful updates of that token and balancing reputation and demand as well. Also coinmarketcap.com is highly recommended to monitor your altcoins if they have a good rank token and progess of its value of course.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:35:04 PM

From the point of view for a stable market the hold going to be usually to a just some pump or a development milestone or some good news of a partnership. Right now these rules are not applicable.

shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:36:37 PM

Just hodl I can only advise bitcoin, but for altcoins need all the time to monitor the market.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:40:09 PM

What are your thoughts?

Obviously, you cannot hold a token for life. I do tell people to hold when the price is not favourable and only sell your token when the price is okay for you.
rizkyx56

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

It depends on your goals, if I just wanted 20 percent profit then I would sell it right after getting to that point, some others prefer to just hold their coins until an opportunity of better investment comes to them and sell them when that happens.
when the market in bad like now, how can we target 20% profit bro?
bcs i think that wont work, the market down and down

betame96

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:54:59 PM

What are your thoughts?
This is true. Most people continue to hold even when they should sell.
QMC

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:34:58 AM

i think at this moment we should hold what we have and wait to see what will happen
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:28:16 AM

That's right, we have to be careful about that because cryptocurrency cannot be predicted.
The speculator may have a lot of Bitcoin, so you can back up how many times, but if you are a beginner then all of that is difficult because the beginner still has little Bitcoin.
ramahero01

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:53:32 AM

What are your thoughts?

my opinion is that experience cannot be lied to with experience and high flying hours, of course, we will be easier to analyze the coin so that we can make the right decision in seeking profit. the point is to keep learning and learning do not be afraid to lose, make a bad experience as learning.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:04:42 AM

What are your thoughts?

Obviously, you only need to stop holding when the market pumps up so hard and that is the time you can sell your coins in order to earn more profit just like what happened last december before the year ends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: