Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:39:17 PM

I usually set a maximum price for each coin that I have. And as long as I don't need cash, I keep these tokens until the reach that maximum price. But sometimes i sell some my tokens early when i start not trust that token anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

I usually set a maximum price for each coin that I have. And as long as I don't need cash, I keep these tokens until the reach that maximum price. But sometimes i sell some my tokens early when i start not trust that token anymore.

This is a good strategy, but it is also important to use stop losses. Not every trade can be profitable and we need to accept losses sometimes. To minimize this losses it is important to use stop loss while trading.

BigBrother

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

For each coin there will be a different moment of the end of the hold. When it becomes clear that the coin will not survive, it is necessary to decide on its sale. Therefore, you should always follow the news, so as not to miss the best moment.

Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:24:24 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Seems a little late to start that discussion. Most people who joined late 2017 or 2018 got totally burnt at this stage. Looking into cutting your losses right now sounds weird. If you have held to this point I would recommend to just sit it out. If the market ever goes bull it might happen very quickly. And the same pattern of thinking that had you hold in the first place might then keep you from going back in at higher prices.
tterrorpipa

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 10:37:49 PM

I really tell you, it is better to hold your funds in long term than making trades on this year when the market was not fully recovered yet. Because either you will gain loss, or have gains but only few.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:39:41 PM

Not understanding when you should stop holding your coins is the biggest mistake. I already lost a bunch of money forgetting to exit some projects
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:45:40 PM

This is actually a really good topic!

I can remember January 2018 really clearly how people were posting massively topics where they urged everyone to HODL. That's simply 'cause when no one sells, the value of coins wouldn't drop.
There were people then who stayed true to their beliefs and gut feeling and sold every coin/token they had bought. No need to say that they made the right choice.

I'm not saying that the crypto market would not return (or even break) the level we had in 2017 December, but for now, I feel like we have a long stagnation/bearish trend lasting for some years.

Niobeh

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:09:13 PM

I can remember January 2018 really clearly how people were posting massively topics where they urged everyone to HODL. That's simply 'cause when no one sells, the value of coins wouldn't drop.
There were people then who stayed true to their beliefs and gut feeling and sold every coin/token they had bought. No need to say that they made the right choice.

I'm not saying that the crypto market would not return (or even break) the level we had in 2017 December, but for now, I feel like we have a long stagnation/bearish trend lasting for some years.
It's nothing to achieve if we're going to look for a signals ,much better to observe and trust your perception when to stop hodl just for earning profit. Your the only one to made your choice,how it goes to positive.

Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:13:52 PM

It's nothing to achieve if we're going to look for a signals ,much better to observe and trust your perception when to stop hodl just for earning profit. Your the only one to made your choice,how it goes to positive.
When you stop holding and decides to sell will causing you so much loses. Exactly once you had your coins you are the only one who can make it to earn profit. Holding is a decisions anyway once price increase it will benefit you.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
maaldaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:58:34 AM

Perhaps this sound insane, but when i said abut hold, then i'll tried to kept it until i had my desired price, if it's not, then i'll just keep waiting for that to happen.

briton

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:11:39 AM

Keep holding your coin until the conditions are really stable and the price of the coin going up will be better done and you must be patient to wait when it arrives to sell the coins you have
boller

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:12:25 AM

withstand a lot done to seek a safe haven from continuing on the thought of increase and decrease. This much is done by large investors because they believe will rise in crypto. However sometimes withhold too time-consuming as their lift can be used for trading and is overlooked because it is risky.
_ZeD_

Activity: 476
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:17:29 AM

Let's start with the fact that people are not robots and everyone has their own psychological levels. Someone is already selling a small profit, and someone can not sell at the largest rate. He's waiting for an even higher price. The one who sells in time in cold blood and he will win.

sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 04:27:55 AM

There are some projects I've supported that have just faded into oblivion and I don't have the heart to cut my losses and give up. I still hold out hope that some of these will come roaring back with a bull market... but maybe I should be more realistic.

daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:05:42 AM

i know when im going to stop holding my coins i want a higher profit even doe it takes alot longer.
wattson

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:47:25 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

None of us doubts that there will be another wave of market growth, so it's easier to say: "hold". Newbies are more likely to earn using this strategy. If we are talking about some shorting strategy, it's much more complicated and one can blame advisors if he sees that hodling could be more profitable than trading.
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:29:20 PM

I think that there is no limit of how long you can hold a coin. I am pretty sure that even people that have bought BTC for several bucks did not sell everything at 20k bucks and are also still holding their coins.

Ionzar

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:59:12 AM

It's just that many newbies are convinced that the easiest thing to do is to precisely hold long-term reliable coins. But you need to understand that to predict the situation on the crypto market is really very difficult. Perhaps a sharp fall even good coins. Therefore, even when working with long-term hold, it is imperative to study information about a particular coin.
fortelen

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:12:28 AM

Crypto is not just about holding it. Maybe it was the safe thing, but it gives a good thing in a long period of time. If existing conditions as this year may hold will give the results of several more years in the future. But if you want to take the risk by having such strategies cut loss can at least secure the owned assets.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:19:25 AM

What are your thoughts?

I agree with your opinion, if you will not follow your investment, you will just awake one day you have no portfolio at all because of your hodl until to the last attitude, the market is very volatile, what's in now but might be out in a couple of days, so take time to analyze your portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: