Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
centhiniz

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:42:38 PM

I always worried if the Hold option is the wrong choice. if I ask other people most of them answer " just hold".  even though my heart doubts that. but they only gave input, so I really appreciate them. Smiley
other people only provide input so we really have to appreciate it, in investing all the decisions in your hands, we must be able to take advantage of the opportunities that exist, and understand when the right time to profit, long-term investment does not mean you will forever hold

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 11:46:54 PM

If you just HODL without proper investigation and research then am sorry you are in for a very hot one as you can lose really lots of your money so you have to be really watchful also i think is better to sell high and buy low forget HODL it doesnt make any sense

Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:58:36 PM

I think you should only use the long time hold strategy on bitcoins and projects you have used time and energy on. If you are in a great crypto community then hold that coin, but make sure it's just a small part of your overall crypto currency portfolio.
Long term I'm really bullish on bitcoins, so that's the only coin I really want to hold for years. The rest of the coins are coins I will only hold for a few days or months.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 12:56:52 AM

It's better if you share it in several parts such as 50% hold and 50% sell coin. Or 70% hold 30% sell, so that we can minimize losses if bitcoin decreases, but you can share it according to your wishes.
Jimitieu

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:32:58 AM

Holder also needs to have a lot of experience, if you try to hold dead altcoin, your assets will soon go to zero. You need to carefully select altcoin and follow up regularly, plus you You need to pay attention to the general situation of the market so you can cut loss in time

Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:06:17 AM

Over the years,  people have learnt their lesson,  majority if what caused their loss was simply greed. This is not about newbies,  if you are holding a coin and you see some percentage increase,  just go ahead and take profit,  you can also set order to buy the dip. There by increasing your profit rather than just holding for too long.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
deredevil

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:15:17 AM

Stop holding when the market has risen and at that time you can sell the coins you have, you really have to be smart to pay attention to market conditions when to sell coins or save them, don't be wrong in analyzing because it only hurts you

Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:21:10 AM

I agree because if market is on the rise it's better to take some profit rather than be greedy and take more losses when the market suddenly goes down. Surely newbies are the ones that can be easily influenced due to lack of knowledge on how the cryptocurrency market works.

AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:07:42 AM

This is a very big check here when investing in crypto. There are times that holding is not good for a long time especially if your tokens or alts become useless or no development in their project. It will only lead to big losses if you put your money on the wrong one. I had experience this before in some coin that i hold. When the price went up i did not sell quickly because i'm thinking it will go higher but that is not the case it went dump immediately. I think if you want to hold some particular coins don't hold a coin that has no product or development. Go for a token or altscoin that a good team and developers because maybe they are the one that will lead you to success in holding for a long time.

concitta

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:26:31 AM

I agree because if market is on the rise it's better to take some profit rather than be greedy and take more losses when the market suddenly goes down. Surely newbies are the ones that can be easily influenced due to lack of knowledge on how the cryptocurrency market works.
Take advantage of this opportunity, even if it's only a little or no, you will lose a lot.
when the market falls and coins are low so you have to survive until conditions improve.
for beginners, knowledge is needed so you have to find out and understand it before doing anything.
Cryptocurrency can make you profitable and also make you lose so you have to be careful.

BTC Bitway BTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
✦ ────────  Discord Instagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook    ──────── ✦
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 05:35:57 AM

It makes sense to hodl every coins that has huge demand because it will triple in price later on,don't hodl shitcoins that have zero product backing them up ,that's the right advice

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:20:17 AM

I am not agree with hold because hold does not give me any profit without frustration. I think trading is the best any time in any condition but be sure that you are trading with cleverly and understating market. But maximum time we trade with out enough knowledge about tokens as a result we make loss.
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:12:03 AM

To avoid such problems, newcomers need to be more careful, and sometimes study information not only from official sources!
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:24:55 AM

It is very important to understand how crypto market works because that is what will help us to succeed in crypto sphere, a good knowledge of  crypto market will help us know when to hodl and when to take profit.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:30:40 AM

I agree, being smart about your investment here in cryptocurrency space is important especially the volatility of the market here is very high. People are blind from the facts, the history that Bitcoin was gone through. Some are too greedy, some are too afraid. Making a profit plan would really be a smart choice for newbie investors to prevent greeds or fear.
Accepted_check
Copper Member

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:27:50 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I have lose $6k when I followed my friend advice to hold it. I was a newbie that time, and fortunately I was able to earn huge profit from the campaign that I've joined. That was the time when bitcoin price was almost $20k. My friend told me to hold it, I listened to him coz he has been in cryptos for how many years already. I really regret that I listened to him. I think, he wants me to lose all my hard earned money. I've learned my lesson. I don't hold my coins for long, if I think it's time to dump it, I do it without further ado.
sri.bima

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:42:17 AM

It's simple for me to invest crypto, don't sell if there's no profit. Sometimes we have to endure and stay patient, because prices can change in an instant, but also don't be greedy to get big profits so we finally have to suffer losses. Sell ​​when there is profit, and buy when it is possible to make a profit, sell when the price rises slightly and buy when the price drops slightly, it is better to get a small profit but keep going, rather than hoping for a big profit in the end we lose.

‗▄▄▄‗
                  ▄███████▄
                ▄██████████▀
              ▄██████████▀     
            ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
          ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
        ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
      ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀
    ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ‗▄▄▄‗
  ▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄███████▄
▄██████████▀       ▄██████████▀       ▄█████████
 ▀███████▀       ▄█████████
█▀       ▄████████████
   ▀███▀       ▄██████████▀
       ▄██████████████
             ▄██████████
██      ▄████████████████
           ▄██████████
████    ▄██████████▀███████
         ▄██████████
██████  ▄██████████▀  ██████▀
          ▀███████▀
██████▄██████████▀    █████▀
            ▀███▀
   ███████████████▀      ███▀
                    ▀████████████▀        ▀▀
                      ▀████████▀
                        ▀████▀
                          ▀▀
rETERBASE

rSIGN UP NOWr
kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:49:51 AM

Actually it's very easy to answer your questions. In trading, we are like running a market sale and purchase. We will stop holding or selling if we have gotten profit or benefits. The most important thing is we have to decide for ourselves, do not be too easy to believe in whispering whispers to others.
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:50:13 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
You're right. If you are holding something,  you should know if it is worth the time and worth the future value of it. If you know that the value will not rise,  go and discard the token as soon as possible.

MrGGates

Activity: 169
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:52:32 AM

What are your thoughts?
what I'm thinking about right now is to look for ways other than investing, because for the current sluggish market conditions I suggest not to invest too much in the long run, but it's a good idea to just short-term trading
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: