Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:53:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:31:31 PM

You are absolutely right, there are some coin you could not hold for long since you must know the threshold of them. With this you must look smart and know when to sell out your coin. Too much holding could really cost you. An example is when a colleague is now holding a 20 USD coin which was worth 2000 USD he thought he could make more. Smartness is really keen over here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
whoever will succeed in trading must be wise, smart and skilled. Skilled in the sense that, it requires a lot of training, either being trained by another person or through self training. Those who refuse to learn first, most times make a lot of mistakes, which might made them to have huge loss if care is not taken. The wisdom comes in in the sense that, there are times one might be lured into either buying or selling at the wrong time, but the application of the knowledge gained will help to make the right decision at the right time.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:25:43 PM

it is in the human nature to become very greedy, speacially in money.  the more the merrier.  so that explains why people mostly died with regrets of being too busy with money making that they often left their family out.

in crypto, it is also greed that came into factor that leads many of us to just hold, and hoping for bigger returns.  we must be contented with what we have earned.  first, we must set our goal, lets say we wanted to earn 30%.  when we reached that goal, we should stop.  this is quite hard to follow, but we need to.
It is true that humans are greedy by nature but you are not taking into account the nature of cryptocurrencies, why you should settle for 30% in profits when we know that you can earn a lot more than that, it doesn't make sense to me especially since I know that I can hold my coins despite everything that happens, I didn't sold my coins at 20000 simply because I did not thought it was a good business, in a decade that price will be seen as a bargain.
TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:28:08 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

It is the kind of knowledge that comes with the huge amount of expirience. It is obvious that nobody would share such exprieince for free, right?
VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:45:40 PM

I sell coins usually after the price jumps up a lot. In all other cases, the coins I hold in the long run, I just do not spend.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:46:51 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 11:47:33 PM by Question123

Depends on you because we have different opinions and prediction. Before making a decision make sure that you already do research because you can know what coin is good to hold or to sell base on your research and you may until when you hold your coins you have.
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:47:42 PM

Yes in terms of trading and investment you need to be smart and you need to know how it properly trade or how and when to hold coins. Many of newbies was easily influence and manipulate because they don't have a proper introduction and lack of knowledge in terms of hold so that is why if you say hold they can hold even they lost it. They need a proper introduction and knowledge regarding of that.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:56:43 PM

You never have to stop holding the coins. These are assets that bring you profit constantly. You can see the minus in your portfolio today, but if you take a period of 2 years, every day will show a plus.

Everyone always wants to get instant profits, and I'm sure most people who invest especially newbie always focus on instant profit, they will forget about a year or two to invest. Even though every money they invest will get a big profit if they choose a long-term investment, it is a certainty they will get. I think in the cryptocurrency market there are many people who don't know the basic concept of investment, they only spend money depending on FOMO.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
MR_Klip

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:58:42 AM

What are your thoughts?

You need to predict market moves to be good at it. Once you may wake up and lose half of you money, so the hardest thing is to remaind sane and cold.
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:00:37 PM

I think if you have met the decision to hold any coin, you should accept that you will hold it for more than 2 years. You do not need to panic when the price is going down every time, because you should not care about the price at the moment.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:49:35 PM

Well it depends to the holder if he want to hold for long term like 5 years then let him hold, we have own strategy to make money.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:19:38 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2018, 09:21:41 PM by Victorycoin

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.

Hold is the best thing to do while you are experiencing losing money , because if you didn't hold your coin it's obvious that you accept the fact that you already lost your money once you sell it on very low price.
That is if you were holding a  coin that's worthwhile in the first place other than that, chances are good that things could get worse. It's worth noting that HODL does not guarantee no lose, therefore it should be done with the head and not the heart, which happens to be what most people are up to even without realizing it.
memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:32:15 AM

Cryptocurrency is not the passive income that is easy. You need to understand the market and its trends. In addition, you need to monitor the rate.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:34:33 AM

I agree with you! Hodling should not be like buy and forget. You have to work with your portfolio and know when to buy and when to sell

Not only buying and selling, but you also need to follow their developments and updates about their progress which will help you to know about their progress. Without following all these things sometimes it is impossible to make profits.

robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:35:27 AM

Cryptocurrency is not the passive income that is easy. You need to understand the market and its trends. In addition, you need to monitor the rate.
of course that must be done. but to decide when to release or have to hold crypto assets that we have we can actually limit it. hold when prices fall more than capital, and sell when they feel they have benefited I think that is the simplest thought we can do.
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:41:48 AM

I am a person who is always wants to see what my tokens hold. So for me, I stop to hold a coin if the price start to pump and sell it. And buy if it goes down. But I choose to buy a coin that has a potential to be successful.
smoker36

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:03:49 AM

What are your thoughts?

Holding is not an option in curren market. Well you can hold something for several days to sell it later, but long-term holding is certainly not an option.
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:07:37 AM

What are your thoughts?
Only the most stable coins can be made by the holding, the rest, which are much more suitable for a short time or even daily trading. Therefore, act on the situation, not listening to other opinions.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:10:28 AM

I think the reason most people in cryptocurrency advocate for holding is because,  to effectively tackle a new technology and currency like cryptocurrency you will have to be patient and not be distracted by volatility.  Volatile market is bane of new market!

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 07:12:22 AM

If you are a true believer of coins that you hold, I think you can forget about them for a couple of years and check after if your decision was wise or not. Usually you sell when you want to get out of the game, otherwise, for someone inexperienced it's very difficult to get into buy back "later" strategies.

However, usually you need to buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: