Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:52:42 PM

I have no information about when you will end this huge red panic, whether it is worth waiting for the prices to return to their values in March 2018. I think most people agree with me, that it is necessary to wait until there is green light.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:02:24 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

just don't become greedy set a profit mark up on your investments and then place the sell order and if the price of the coin is declining then sell your alts with the 5% of loss of your purchse.

geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:03:58 PM

I totally agree to you. The purpose of holding is for the user to know when to sell so that he/she can minimize lost or even maximize profit. Some users tend to overdo holding until they hit a spot where they cannot sell their coin because it losses all of its value. Holding is a sense of smart selling where you should sell where you benefit best.

verziagra

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:07:25 PM

Yes, you are right. it takes a good time to hold and buy back if the market conditions are not good. if you are smart and good at choosing the time to buy then you will get a profit.
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:08:08 PM

I think for now the price has dropped too far, and I prefer to hold it for longer, because it's better to save me from losses.
devilman59

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

Always be smart with your investment and know when to withdraw, I think that sometimes we let ourselves be influenced by greed and we do not measure that if we retire at this specific moment we would be making huge profits, we always believe that we can get more, but often not, there are many currencies that reach their ATH and then what they do is normalize, so when we see that the price rises so exponentially we have to analyze the situation well and see if historically there is any chance of a repeat or a further rise.
akihiro101117

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

i am also a victim of hodl till death and nothing happens. i think it is better know the timing when to hodl and when to let go. cutloss is very important in trading set aside your emotions and do the right thing and not be swayed by forever hodlers

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:12:03 PM

You know what just a couple of days ago I decided to cut my losses and move my holdings on certain Token to Ethereum and guess what! This token for the first time in weeks started to move up! My point is, it is not really an easy thing to know when to stop loss and move one sometimes you are holding a really good token but it has a bad time in the market and you keep talk yourself in holding and when you finally  decide to cut your losses things start to move and you can not help it but feel the regret because of selling that token. I think make a decision based on study and stick with it is the best thing to do and unless nothing hardcore change in the token/coin you hold then there is no reason to change your decision.
jerick6

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:12:39 PM

What are your thoughts?

Yes you're right,  not all the time you had to rely on the speculation because after all it is just only speculation which can be a true or not. Your own decision is most important not them.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:28:40 PM

What are your thoughts?
I think holding should be based on what you are investing in, for example bitcoin is one hundred percent worth holding and also holding it for a long time won't hurt because its value always keeps on going up, altcoins are a hit and miss because their value is always changing so if you are planing on holding them than you need to look at the charts and know exactly when they change and how they change.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

The main distinction here is between traders and investors

Traders will generally seek to take profits where possible whereas investors new or not will tend to hold for a longer period of time to gain a return on their investment

Newbies do get swayed easily by hype, FUD and market volatility so it's best for them to make a proper analysis before reacting to anything like that

smartfren1020

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:15:35 AM

Holding is risky, that's true. But selling at >80% total loss of portfolio is just plain dumb in my opinion. I would rather see my portfolio go to zero, and learn some things along the way, than to sell now, lose hundreds of dollars and see the markets turn to green in a couple of months again. Just remember, crypto is a risky business, your investment can go from 1000 to 10 bucks in a matter of weeks. But something that most people don't realize, especially in a bear market, is that you investment of 10 bucks could also go to 1000 bucks in a matter of weeks if you play it right. Gambling is always risky, and that's exactly what investing in crypto is.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:19:38 AM

Exactly, even if everyone asked you to hold you need to do your own research, some of the coins will keep on dropping and won't be able to go up, at that time you are going to be ended with dead coin, I think you need to set the limit when the bear market is happening, and crypto market movement is very fast you need to be smart, so you not end up losing more

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:25:35 AM

What are your thoughts?

Basic thing to do in crypto is hodling that is why newbies do it all the time. We all know crypto is a high risk investment because of its volatility. Being a short/term trader is risky for newbies. Hodling is like playing safe in crypto with your investment. The progress takes time but you will learn from it as time goes by. We can't blame them for what they are doing.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
Jundax

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:30:48 AM

I don't have enough knowledge to regularly and successfully trade in the market. So in most cases I really prefer to just hold and watch.
Although sometimes it's very difficult to keep yourself from selling.
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:32:33 AM

Hold those, who do not know how to trade and comply with risk management and money management.We need to rebalance the portfolio, reduce positions and so on.If you do not know how to trade-only HODL.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:34:39 AM

its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.

exactly.
people always focus on how much they can make that they are blindsided about the dumping part of it. in other words they become what we call "bag holders" who are newbies who buy a lot of altcoins and call it "portfolio" and then they can not do anything about the fall because ALL of their coins fall together and fall hard. and as they fall none of them has any exit plans, they just continue bag holding because someone once told them the price of their shitcoin is going to be equal to bitcoin's. Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:35:46 AM

At me the HODL causes only a regret about that I have not sold some altcoins earlier. Now I could buy the same amount and I would have money for a small yacht.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 06:41:34 AM

I believe that everyone chooses a waiting period for the sale of tokens, the best option to set a border or a price at which you are ready to sell or buy, it is enough to place orders for the most acceptable price for you. But we must be prepared that the price of tokens can be higher than the one for which you sell and here it is necessary to accept and not regret that you dont hodl them for more time.
Matcuda

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:44:59 AM

What are your thoughts?
The HODL is arranged for a minimum of five years to constantly withstand all the falls and growth. This is like the minimum time for which the coin will finally gain its strength and development and become an ideal and a standard. Everything else, if not sure of it, needs to be thrown off immediately.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: