Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:21:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 05:59:40 AM

all newbies are different, someone prefers to learn from their mistakes and work out their own experience, and someone listens to all the advice that they give away so generously in forums and in various channels ... as they say, "trust but verify" if you listen to All sorts of advisers do not rush headlong to introduce these tips into life, try to independently explore the coin, the team and so on and decide for yourself to hold or sell ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:18:02 AM

Exactly I completely agree with you lots of coins still I am holding became complete disaster . Example centra I was holding this coin for long term without checking investment now it’s turn upto a huge loss for . The coin price is now nothing.
zemper

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:43:01 AM

Exactly I completely agree with you lots of coins still I am holding became complete disaster . Example centra I was holding this coin for long term without checking investment now it’s turn upto a huge loss for . The coin price is now nothing.
It's obviously that not all coins are suitable for a long-term holding. Top-coins from CMC are good enough. Some other coins can give you only x2-x3 profit at best. But most of them are suitable only for a short-term hold and selling right after listing.

JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:48:13 AM

Yeah, you need to know when its the time to hold and when to sell off. Just the fools who do not sell.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:10:26 AM

It's obviously that not all coins are suitable for a long-term holding. Top-coins from CMC are good enough. Some other coins can give you only x2-x3 profit at best. But most of them are suitable only for a short-term hold and selling right after listing.
Yes, not all altcoins are good for holding. There are quite a good number of altcoins that gives long term profiting. I never go with a separate allocation of long term and short term holding of assets. The right thing is to do decide according to the market situation than just holding long term. Expecting beyond the limit will cause users to miss the chance of profiting.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 07:14:54 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
if an asset or some assets in your holding are good and you know very well it will do good in the future,  then why not hold as long as possible?  If an asset or some assets worth holding for years, then there is nothing bad about that

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:33:51 AM

It's good to hold no comment, but when profits comes learn to take the advantage, take out your profit and wait till the coin lose value and do some buy back, by doing this you will have more quantity and gains left, be smart, that's all,ive sold good coins for profits and they have lose lots of value this year so all I did is buy back

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:51:12 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

In the reality things happened here in the forum, most novice are excited to earn fast, it is very seldom for them to hold their coins in a long term. Instead of studying first, they are eager to earn quickly. So, hold is depend on you, how you you are going to hold on the beliefs you have in the coins. You will, only stop holding if you know that once you sell, it is already more than the amount of you purchased.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:56:04 AM

It's good to hold no comment, but when profits comes learn to take the advantage, take out your profit and wait till the coin lose value and do some buy back, by doing this you will have more quantity and gains left, be smart, that's all,ive sold good coins for profits and they have lose lots of value this year so all I did is buy back

I am agree, sometimes trading can double our coin. But to trade in volatile market, we should understand about how to read market movement. If we have good trading skill, i think its profitable.
ytaevv

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 09:15:41 AM

What are your thoughts?
To make money in the crypto-currency market, you need to have information. Many investors use the services of informants and analysts, the project https://pyyro.com, provides news information completely free of charge.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 09:53:30 AM

Yeah, you need to know when its the time to hold and when to sell off. Just the fools who do not sell.

It will be pointless if we only hold our coins and never sell them especially when we have made a profit. The main goal in investing is to make profit. Once we hit our desired target we should end our trading session to continue again with the next sessions.

mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 10:58:31 AM

Its true. Most newbies out there are just doing things they've heard without analyzing the situation first. Yes its true that its good to hold crypto but you have to be smart enough to know when to stop. Its not all about holding coins, it also depends on the type of crypto you're holding and the current situation of the market. Generally, established coins like bitcoin and ethereum are good to hold for a longer time while other crypto, you have to set your time frame.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:16:46 AM

Not going to generalize but most newbies are fond of being manipulated by other posts around the forum, and what happens here is that most higher ranked members tend to tell these newbies about what could happen if they don't sell this or that and a lot more of posts that will make a newbie panic, now I'm not saying this only occurs on newbies since even higher members tend to be fooled especially about the price speculations, everyone has different opinions but in the end it's all in the graph to see which is good right now and which coin should you avoid, and this is the same as to HODLING, it's all in yourselves to decide when to stop, don't listen to the what ifs of other people with their opinionated statements.
logisticalmother

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:23:02 AM

What are your thoughts?
I myself have more control over when to save properly when it should start well, especially beginners who don't know anything and are persuaded by others to hold on for a long time even though it can have a negative impact if we can't use it well.
junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:26:15 AM

I myself have more control over when to save properly when it should start well, especially beginners who don't know anything and are persuaded by others to hold on for a long time even though it can have a negative impact if we can't use it well.
that's what you have to do. control your assets as well as possible. do not get affected by other people, because sometimes predictions from other people are also not right. remember everyone in the crypto market wants profit, keep holding back and waiting.

nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:34:08 AM

that's what you have to do. control your assets as well as possible. do not get affected by other people, because sometimes predictions from other people are also not right. remember everyone in the crypto market wants profit, keep holding back and waiting.

I think that not adjusting to the realities is a very expensive lesson for your finances.
You need to be in trend in cryptocurrency.
At the moment, the HODL is not so popular - you need to apply it only to those projects that have a huge potential
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:37:12 AM

What are your thoughts?
You're right, newbies who are only interested without having information are very easy to influence, they also tend to believe in negative news (despite false news). For me to stop or cutlose it depends on my original plan, I mean since I first took action or bought it as an investment, before that I already had a plan and strategy in dealing with unexpected things, regardless of whether my actions were right or not.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
biangkerok

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:37:53 AM

I think that not adjusting to the realities is a very expensive lesson for your finances.
You need to be in trend in cryptocurrency.
At the moment, the HODL is not so popular - you need to apply it only to those projects that have a huge potential
The hodl depends on the assets chosen, where the market is always changing. Good assets for the long term will definitely be better for us to hodl now. but for some assets with very fast movements, I think we can use them for daily trading.
Nitori_m

Activity: 346

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:39:19 AM

When I hold some alts I usually try to keep my eye on its price, so I sell when price stars to go down.
Exactly the point of hodl if nothing else.
Jamalzzz

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:17:27 PM

Everyone recommends Hold because you can avoid danger. And with Coin Hold, we can get profits in the future. But my advice is that all the coins you buy are not for long-term investments, but you also have to trade every day because you can make a profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: