Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:53:05 AM

I believe that a hodl strategy works very well when the correct entry point is chosen. If you buy some kind of coin and lose 80%, and then wait for it to grow, this is not the right case - it is patience and torment.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:18:36 AM

With some trading knowledge, One will know when to cut it off. Not every hold is rewarding on the long run irrespective of how well the project appears. Always have a sell target either for profit or in loss

neocryptrix

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:12:57 PM

Like with any investment it's wise to set targets for buy/sell. Considering that not every investment pans out as a profit. I set a stop loss. This helps take the emotions out of the move and prevents further loss.

? HELIOS PROTOCOL ? ?[DAG]?[BLOCKCHAIN]?[PoS]?[Masternodes] Huh[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]Huh
  HuhWebsite  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram ¦?Huh
I Love Crypto Noda

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:35:19 PM

ONG is + 415.04% today  Shocked
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:46:53 PM

If you're not mastered in crypto then to best way to invest is chosing most popular coins. go to coinmarketcap, chose top10 coins and buy it during next correction. then just hold for 2-3 years.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:50:34 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

You need to be smart about your investments, after all it's your money. You should know when to hodl and when trade. You can't be watching your money get almost wiped out yet you're hodling. The only coin I hodl is BTC, I can easily flip my alts as I want
siena23

Activity: 2338

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 12:57:20 PM

I will stop holding if I have no real money and I will sell all my assets. Playing crypto I suggest not to be easily influenced, because it is very dangerous, you must really have knowledge, so you have a strong grip on what you do.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
noma45

Activity: 538

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

in cryptocureency every trader or investor should have an outlined plan on how to manage their assets. as well as knowing when that have made their desired profits and sell off.
RoryDennis

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:08:02 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Well I have a good portfolio of coins right now including XRP, PRG and EOS. These are a few great coins that are good for profits and earnings and it is better to hold them at the moment. When they will rise, I will sell.
Milka86

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

I try to keep the coins and wait for the best price for it. But it happens that I sell a part, for my own needs, or for investments in more promising ones. In this case it is necessary not just to sit still and wait, and guess the best prices of purchase and sale
joel123

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

I think to a large extent, this is very important. A lot of persons do not know when to stop, and when not to. I have once watched a friend hodl a coin, till its worth became zero. It's a sad thing. Know when to sell a coin off, and know when to continue hodling. It is important for survival, and to avoid the risk of losing your funds.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:40:50 PM

What are your thoughts?
Many of the people that are recommending holding their coins are in fact using the strategy and losing money as a result of it, if you feel uncomfortable holding your coins for the long term then you need to find some other way to earn money in this market, one way could be to become a trader but as you may know becoming a trader is not easy at all and it requires a lot of effort before you see any kind of result, that is why people prefer to hold their coins since it's easier.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:46:57 PM

Hold it when prices are low, and when the market shows growth, hold and let prices rise higher, and when prices reach a certain threshold and you feel you get a profit then you can sell it.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:14:24 PM

There is nothing wrong with holding, inasmuch as you are sure of the coin's prospect. Also, it is good to be smart with your investment, but i think it is more applicable to shit coins that are just for short term.
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 09:29:07 PM

I also started with this my investment in altcoins. The mentor spoke -buy coins and hold for 2-3 years and you will be rich  Grin. Perhaps it worked in the market that we saw a year and a half ago, but now it has changed a lot. But if you still stick to the strategy of mindless hold - you may stay with nothing

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
white_star

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:40:28 PM

There is nothing wrong with holding, inasmuch as you are sure of the coin's prospect. Also, it is good to be smart with your investment, but i think it is more applicable to shit coins that are just for short term.
To avoid loss of coin much better to hodl for a long time in terms of dropping of price and making a plan when to stop hodling in order to trade or sell coin in most profiable one ,short term or long term investment is not we based for as long as market exploded in high prices and able to achieve our targets of profit.

AFROCHAIN - The First Decentralized Blockchain for Africa
Revolusi Ecosystem For Seamless Crypto and Investments
coffee_man

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:59:16 PM

The price at which you entered the market plays an important role. If you entered the market at high prices, it will be difficult for you to trade psychologically.
In such a situation, long-term storage is a suitable strategy.
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:21:57 PM

What are your thoughts?

Maybe, it's our choice that will remind us when we will stop HODL, if you think it is the right time to sell your coins, do it. If the value of a certain crypto increases, we can grab that opportunity to exchange it. But the thing here is that, when os the right time to stop HODL?

I Guess like oyr local currency, it is good to maintain the currency cycle. Too much savings isn't good to our economy.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
mung_nasib

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:01:58 AM

Indeed to predict the price of the majority of altcoins is still very difficult so that in this bad period the possibility of traders having to hold assets first to avoid panic at all times and with that opportunity to create success is still very open.

naval1983

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

I think we have to know the market, if the market is really lethargic i will hold assets until they really improve, because i don't want to lose. but if my coin ICO has a 1 year limit for asset acquisition because if one year the coin does not experience development it means that the coin has no potential in the future. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: