Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
ziac (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:02:57 AM
Merited by Herbert2020 (1)

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:12:44 AM

I think newbies don't simply hodl so it does not matter. Just hodl! is good if you hodl bitcoin but otherwise you need to stop hodling one time.
JofryTheKing

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:15:46 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
It is necessary to stop holding when it becomes meaningless and nothing will result as a result. Let's assume the current situation is borderline in the market and you can already consider the exit. But for beginners now to go to the market is also suicide, so it remains to be expected when a full reboot will occur.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
ppppph35

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:15:57 AM

For beginners, they don't know the analysis of value, they may end up investing in bad times, and then panic and make the wrong decision because of the rapid decline in the market. I hope that beginners can learn more and trade again.
You can grasp the trend of the market, and then choose the investment is the best.
DreamerJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:28:59 AM

When I hold some alts I usually try to keep my eye on its price, so I sell when price stars to go down.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:20:32 PM

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Rose119

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:25:37 PM

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.

Hold is the best thing to do while you are experiencing losing money , because if you didn't hold your coin it's obvious that you accept the fact that you already lost your money once you sell it on very low price.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:26:21 PM

knowing the proper mode to invest and hodl and sell is vital for every crypto participants and it is a reason why there is need to be sheer alertness towards your portfolio
Hodl right, hodl tight and stay calm as you avoid every fud or fomos or scares.

Crypto is for the wise and patient.
Always remember that.
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:27:55 PM

for normal situations, i will hodl for 1 or 2 weeks.
But, for now i think i will hodl for long time (stabil situations)

-= OI =-
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:28:15 PM

What are your thoughts?
Always look at conditions and situations so that it will make us able to make good decisions. Regardless of the situation that occurs, we will not get anything, it is something that must be considered. So if you are a person who is idle, success will move away from you.
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:33:39 PM

There is no harm in HODL but must know with certainty when we will throw it away. The reason is simple, avoiding losses that are too large and getting profit.
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:34:54 PM

Yes, but if you are simply an investor alone for that project. An investor that greatly believes in the project's success along with the cryptocurrency's success over fiat currency. Well, you will be holding off your investments until you see your goal "as an investor" come to life. Because on selling, you are not promoting and supporting the project itself. But as a smart cryptocurrency community member, one should always take away the emotion and think logically. When the market goes down, or when your analization of the chart leads to a bearish market, then it's pretty much obvious to let go and sell a part of your portfolio and wait for a better chance to come back.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:36:40 PM

What are your thoughts?
Because the newbie will not know when to buy and when to sell. And they buy at high prices, so the advice for them is to hold and wait for the market to return. It is a way of helping the newbie do not panic and sell cheap away the cryptocurrency they have bought

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:37:03 PM

I think people are more informed than last year, some newbie take decisions that depends on their previous experience. In my opinion just be smart, take profit and reinvest

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:37:37 PM

Off course and that is the strategy behind the holding mate. If someone is suggesting you to hold then it doesnt just mean holding but acting upon your investment time to time basis. You should be doing this by either selling whenever the held coin(s) are in the profits and when you get those profits in your account then just try to reinvest the whole thing by doing the compounding and thus continue to hold. This will multiply your profits heavily and I guess it is the smart way of doing the HODL.  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:38:00 PM

What are your thoughts?

HOLDing is a smart strategy as well.

Others can't stomach seeing their investment going down, so they trade but obviously is difficult as it may sound. That's why its better for newbies to just HODL specially at the current market situations. Or its better to buy in this dip and look at your investment for the long haul. No stress whatever from the newbies end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:39:34 PM

Can my experience to say stupid Khold is not quite right during the growth fix,sell,and during the correction, to buy and hold,and not not sold during growth,and all went down,and some of you will be in minus sell,evopro why then did it all minus to work?

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

Well you got a point in some point on hodling, But I think to keep on hodling is the best answer to everything, But I think to keep a portion of the hodl is the best way to do it, You would sell some and the half value you will then hodl it, I guess this is the right thing to do, You just need a portion to still keep you in the game of hodling, you will get the portion of profiting and a portion to keep you on the game.
matedrink24

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:47:45 PM

I always sell when I'm profitable. I will not hold it too long and wait for the peak to reach. That's a lot of risk. Investors have a lot of money they will hold for a long time.

carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:50:27 PM

What are your thoughts?

You are quite right in your view. Holding should not mean to become foolish while your coin is fast disappearing  Tongue. No, it means knowing the appropriate time to sell. For instance, if you have an insider information that the altcoin you have isn't going anywhere, the best to do is let it go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: