Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:46:04 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Being smart about your own investment for me is not enough. Sometimes, I just accumulate a great amount of money because of the stroke of luck. That's why I am fund of buying some shitcoins that I think has potential but only invest the money I can lose. I incredibly earn 2000$ from a shitcoin last month and that was a great experience for me.
 For me only bitcoin will increase because it has more potential than other altcoins because there are so many projects who are introducing altcoins but I did not found any better than bitcoin in case of holding. In cryptocurrency we will have to hold our coin because price takes time to rise and time makes everything normal so better hold our coin.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bakulgarem

Activity: 361
Merit: 10

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 11:00:00 PM

for myself, I now invest in short-term and prefer to trade because the profits can be quite instant even though it is not large but this method we will not get big losses.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
trumplove

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 11:17:11 PM

for myself, I now invest in short-term and prefer to trade because the profits can be quite instant even though it is not large but this method we will not get big losses.
everyone has a different strategy for profit, so determine how to adjust your abilities.
Long-term investment is also profitable but requires great patience, so if the market isn't profitable enough we still hold the coin until it's profitable.
trading at times like this the ups and downs of the market we can also take advantage even though the profits are not large but are smooth and good enough, rather than being unable to produce.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Snowworker

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:03:26 PM

Exactly, you are equitable. it returns a great age to mastery and purchase backbone whether the marketplace state are not great. whether you are smartness and great at determining the age to purchase so you desire move a profits.
Nuadalanim

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:38:28 PM

Hold keeping your currency until the state are actually steady and the cost of the currency loss up desire be greater finished and you have to be resigned to wait when it arrives to deal the currencies you get
Dagdadar

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:59:06 PM

This is the large issue into bearers.We should not aloof mastery! we should purchase many at beneath and deal at big. whether we desire achieve this this desire create us many richerholding is great on the other hand not great to get.we should increase many.
Fearlessfury

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:01:39 PM

That's equitable, we get to be deliberate almost that as cryptocurrency cannot be foreseen.The adventurer ballplayer get a plenty of Bitcoin, so you buoy backbone up how various period, on the other hand whether you are a learner so each of that is hard as the father yet has small Bitcoin.
Tohave

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:07:50 PM

Of line, keeping is the better affair to achieve whether you craved to create returns, on the other hand be confident to not mastery as continued as you conscious.
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:11:08 PM

Now the main problem is not when it is necessary to hold coins. And what is best to keep. How will growth affect this market? I saw here that some of my coins do not grow, although the whole market goes to the top.

H0USE

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:52:01 PM

everyone has their own purpose when trading in this market, and i believe holding to an coin for too long sometimes is not a good idea, specially when they are not in top cryptos, holding to an unpopular altcoin is risky because the amount of money we invest may never come back when that coin does not have any chance to rise for months, it would be better if we sell and invest in another altcoin.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 05:58:43 PM

Yeah, each coin has its own time of sell. Based on fundamental analysis and roadmap milestones we can take a decision when to sell or buy.
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:20:00 PM

Sell coins or tokens only at significant events of the project, such as entering the exchange or any significant partnership. Either continuously monitor the ratio of Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:33:01 PM

Sell coins or tokens only at significant events of the project, such as entering the exchange or any significant partnership. Either continuously monitor the ratio of Bitcoin or Ethereum.
You need to know that factors in order to sell it with your profits, most of the time traders and investors who knows how to anticipate his update
always gained a lots of profits so keep your self monitoring the progress so you will know how and when to hold and sell your assets.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:52:08 PM

I don't believe anyone should know the exact time to sell or hold on, everyone just uses his or her own strategies to make things fell right and can be lucky sometimes and may not, for me i sell when news that leads to the pump gets to half way waiting for closely end can be a loss sometimes so you just need to think yourself most times.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:10:17 PM

I think you need to set your goal, if you decide to long term with your coin maybe you dont need to check your portofolio daily.
When you think your investment already reach your goal or you scared to lose more, then that's the perfect time for you to quit and find another good opportunity.
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:29:46 PM

There is no harm in HODL but must know with certainty when we will throw it away. The reason is simple, avoiding losses that are too large and getting profit.
maybe in conditions and situations like today many investors feel fear and panic with the situation that as it is now the crypto market has decreased very drastically maybe the strategy to hold better utilizes every opportunity we get
Jackrodwell
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:39:22 PM

Personal research is very important in anything we do in life and also in crypto,knowing when to buy and when to sell, personal findings will give you insight on a project either to sell or hodl,patient is very key in crypto to avoid losses. 
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:49:49 PM

Beginners tend to be easily influenced because they don't really understand the Crypto world where there are always lots of choices or management time to invest in Altcoin.
Actually it's easy if the market goes down we hold and if the market goes up we sell, it's just that we can't guess the growth of Altcoin because coin growth depends on the success of the project. You must be able to adopt coins that meet the requirements and understand the long-term or short-term potential.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:50:17 PM

in this case, i would say luck plays a vital role on this because you may or may not accurately know when is the right time to sell or hold, but sometimes you get lucky when you sell it turns out to be your best decision, other times you end up in regret,
i sold some token among my holdings recently when the price was up and i get lucky because now i can increase my bag 3x what i sold, the other one i sold, i narrowly escape because the token keep risen with just few corrections Roll Eyes, so not easy to know this things.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 08:03:51 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
From your submission it seems you have a good knowledge of what crypto currency trading is all about that is to say you are a crypto currency trader too not just because your rank here is Jr Member. One really need to be smart when it come crypto currency trading and not just to hold all through.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: