Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 12:00:09 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
in true that in altcoin you need to be smart and know when to stop
holding altcoin is risky especially when the coin you buy is not that popular

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:27:45 AM

Sometimes we have to make hard decisions if we do not want to allow  that a coin takes us down. We have to take the loss and get out of the investment , but if we are extra confident with the project then we can choose the long HODL option.
you are right, we must make the right decision so we don't get a big loss or miss a golden opportunity to get a big profit.

i had missed a great opportunity several times and it made me a little frustrated, but in the future i tried hard not to repeat it. so, we have to do some research before deciding to keep holding for a long time or sell it now.

Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:57:00 AM

Actually we can stop to hold if we think our coins are dont have any value in a future.
Ill think many of us in here holding some shitcoins, Just like me its almost a year now the coins that ill hold are not totally increase the price.

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:33:16 AM

Actually we can stop to hold if we think our coins are dont have any value in a future.
Ill think many of us in here holding some shitcoins, Just like me its almost a year now the coins that ill hold are not totally increase the price.
When you have a decision to buy an altcoin, you have learned about its information and you have thought that this altcoin will have great value in the future. So make a decision to sell it is always very hard, especially when its price is dropping. The more value drops, the hard to sell Cheesy
bangdol

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:37:41 AM

When you have a decision to buy an altcoin, you have learned about its information and you have thought that this altcoin will have great value in the future. So make a decision to sell it is always very hard, especially when its price is dropping. The more value drops, the hard to sell Cheesy
but sometimes people also panic if the value of their assets continues to decline. because all altcoins also have the same dynamics towards the crypto market. they could go up, but they could experience a sudden decline.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:39:59 AM

Generally i wait for my assets to grow like 3 or 4 times depending upon market and then i stop the HODL urge. I know i could had made more profit if i could still HODL it but who knows the other story could also be there of "Loss". I an middle class average person who toil day and night, so for me getting a 300% return is not bad.
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:09:42 AM

I am one of the people holding my coin from 2017,
for me for beginners who already hold their coins and lose a lot, it's better to wait for the market to recover, this is the best choice,
forget and come when the market is back to normal.
this can keep emotions stable and avoid stress.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
De4ted

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:27:44 AM
Merited by jorenpo (1)

That is the set of mind of those who trade on "stocks" cryptocurrency is different most of the trader of stocks see bitcoin as a "bubble" but in reality they have no idea what bitcoin is.

We normally suggest HODL only if that coin is worth to hold like Bitcoin, ETH etc.

Its not that we are not losing our money most of us here are BTC holders so whenever you got loss its the same for us, the difference is we trust while most of you do panic selling and other people are enjoying to buy on your cheap prices.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:02:11 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Holding ain't a bad idea but it also depends on what Altcoin you are actually holding. When I intend to hold a particular Altcoin I always monitor and I make a decision to sell when it reaches a particular %profit

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:10:57 AM

we all tend to panic when everything we see is red and is down grading.. specially when you invest to much from it...its all natural to expect profit..but as far as holding is concern one must sense timing that for me is important, when you sense that you need to sell it for security purpose then go on rather than keep holding yet its devaluing your coin.. but if you want to hold it for reason of long time profit then there's nothing wrong with it.

Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:43:35 AM

Hodling is a big decision to make, and mostly of the people in this community are more favor in holding because so many of them that are succeeded because they used this strategy. But this strategy is not a mandatory so you can decide on your own.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:55:03 AM

why do most of them suggest staying in the long run because everyone expects an increase in the market from the market that fell last year, reasonable beginners are easily shaken because there is still little experience

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 10:00:13 AM

What are your thoughts?
Hold is only for the stocks or coins which we trust a lot. Just like bitcoin, we can hold in a long term since we know that it might go up soon. But it will not always be the same thing. Once you hold a coin which is garbage, your investment may also be a waste for you. Sometimes we need also to know when we cut our loss because it may limits us from a deep loss.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 03:16:55 PM

What are your thoughts?
in true that in altcoin you need to be smart and know when to stop
holding altcoin is risky especially when the coin you buy is not that popular
Yes, the advice is not bad if we talk about large investments, but if you talk for $ 10, I think it makes no sense to watch every day - what about the price, it makes sense to just forget them for a few years and look for new coins for investment.

rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:20:02 PM

What are your thoughts?
Hold is only for the stocks or coins which we trust a lot. Just like bitcoin, we can hold in a long term since we know that it might go up soon. But it will not always be the same thing. Once you hold a coin which is garbage, your investment may also be a waste for you. Sometimes we need also to know when we cut our loss because it may limits us from a deep loss.
I don't agree with this statement and my thought is different on this matter. Stocks are the old way of investing and smart guys bought the shares of the company preferably using the products of the company. Coin investing is not similar to this case.
DeathGrasp

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:14:06 PM

Hodling is a big decision to make, and mostly of the people in this community are more favor in holding because so many of them that are succeeded because they used this strategy. But this strategy is not a mandatory so you can decide on your own.
If a person is not engaged in the strategy of arbitrage trading, then almost at the moment of purchase of the asset he becomes a holder. If the question is how long to hold, then for me, it is better to fix half of the asset at the time of double profit. Old and reliable scheme.

zissmieus

Activity: 180
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 04:21:56 PM

My view after the 3-year period of investment and learning about the crypto market is that you can have new perspectives on how to spend crypto for the present. You can buy it and wait for it to make a profit and get it back when you bought crypto, you still have a crypto balance because its value has increased, and the balance you have You can keep and make more profits if you believe in the future, if it drops or loses its value, you lose nothing because you have recovered your previous investment. That's how I operate and invest at this time
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:22:49 PM

exactly, just knowing how to hodl is not enough, knowing when to stop hodling is more important. we often expect the price to keep flying higher and higher but we dont always have it like that, many oif us were dissapointed when the 2018 bull run  ended. i was always thinking it wasnt ending until today, i regretted not being smart enough.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:23:39 PM

If a person is not engaged in the strategy of arbitrage trading, then almost at the moment of purchase of the asset he becomes a holder. If the question is how long to hold, then for me, it is better to fix half of the asset at the time of double profit. Old and reliable scheme.
Arbitrage is dangerous and has some risks for inexperienced traders. Sometimes, exchanges can maintain the wallets and trader can't deposit or withdraw the coins from the exchanges. The risks don't worth to waste the time.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
microbb8

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 04:51:06 PM

Each person has his own strategy. Someone likes to trade and make a hundred transactions a day (iron people, I can not do that). Someone likes to invest and not sell a coin until it reaches its intended goal (I do). Find something of your own and follow your strategy.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: