Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 06:06:35 PM

Anyone still HODLing ChaincoinGrin

In my experience it's been very dangerous to HODL anything other than Bitcoin... I've had to learn to accept the loss on a bad trade and just move on to the next one.
Also, it's important to recognize a scam as early as possible and get out!

I still have a Bittrex account that I don't use anymore which is -98% from ATH - never again.

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 06:08:39 PM

There is no definite schedule. When to stop and when to buy. I am always guided by the market and on schedule. How he behaves. And then I already draw conclusions better of course to sell before the fall begins.

Yes, there are no clear strategies. Today is your project in the top. And you're on a horse. Tomorrow the project made an unacceptable mistake and investors refused it.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 02:19:26 AM

Once the price of the coin you hold gone to the bottom, you won't have any option than to hold it because you will loss if you sell it.
This is why we must know the sign when we have to sell it before too late.
Most peoples usually don't want to sell it at loss, but we should be able to do it to avoid the bigger loss later.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 02:32:08 AM

I think hodl is only intended for potential altcoins or coins, and is relevant to the newbies. Hodl ahould atop when the price of what you hold has no longer increasing activity, if it is continously decreasing it is the time to stop for hold and trade it even for a less profit or less deficit, by that you refrain for a big lost.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:03:25 PM

You should hold on positive market and also you should sell when market goes to negative and there is chance to remain lowest rate for long time. Better to use stop loss.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:55:14 PM

Once the price of the coin you hold gone to the bottom, you won't have any option than to hold it because you will loss if you sell it.
Most peoples usually don't want to sell it at loss, but we should be able to do it to avoid the bigger loss later.

I'd rather lose money than sell a coin for nothing. After all, if it ever grows up, I may regret the sale. Why would I cents now if I can in the future earn a lot.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:31:51 AM

I'd rather lose money than sell a coin for nothing. After all, if it ever grows up, I may regret the sale. Why would I cents now if I can in the future earn a lot.
If you can earn a lot by your holding item then there is no reason to sell your holding item it is better to hold that if you think it may give you good return. But if you think it may goes lower and lower then there is no reason for holding that.
defyance

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:41:05 AM

Yes, it is important to stop at the right moment. If you stop hold and switch to trading/IEO investment, then you can earn on this activity and hodl is becoming useless for you

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 03:06:23 PM

Yes, you always need to act wisely. There is nothing wrong with the fact that a trader decides to hold a promising coin for 1, 3 or 5 years. But when a trader's portfolio consists of 20, 30, 60 shitcoins, which now cost a penny, then this is sad. And of course this should not be allowed.
- always a reasonable approach to the purchase of coins;
- don't buy a lot of coins for which you just don't have time to keep track;
- if you bought a coin, then determine the exact point of sale. If the coin doesn't reach this point and you will see that the overall market situation is deteriorating, don't be afraid to quickly sell the coin;
- if you are going to hold a coin, then make sure that this is a really great project and watch it constantly, so as not to miss important news that may affect its further development.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 03:26:08 PM

Yes, if one of our coin becomes worthless, why we should sell it. Hold is the only choice. While on the other case, one of our coin soaring, we may stop hold if we are satisfied enough with the profit we've got.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:29:29 PM

Its dangerous to sell off a good coin or token with potential just because you've hold for long ,you need to stay updated with the teams and make sure the teams are delivering what's stated on their roadmap before you can let go or you might end up making big mistake

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:35:24 PM

There are many factors,one of them is what kind of project you hold,altcoin or bitcoin? and how much did profits,and how many sank for the last time,issota of these data,you will become clear what you can do in principle in the near future to expect,as there are projects which are in principle already possible to sell and not to hold

motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:21:49 PM

Holding cryptocurrencies blindly is the fastest way to loose your money. A host of different things can happen tasty will devalue coins in question so it is important to always have a holding strategy both for the major coins and the lower capped altcoins.

nanaimogold

Activity: 661

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:32:22 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

It is truly not about holding but being smart about it. Everyone in cryptocurrency is a holder but the duration of hold is what separates us all. This art is what everyone needs to learn to function effectively in the space

Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:38:16 PM

Everyone must know when to stop loss because crypto is not stable as far as am concern, i have learnt that in crypto anything can actually happen because it is volatile.I just hope we can be smart in our decision.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 01:09:06 AM

In fact you should have your opinion and never just trust some advice and blindly repeat guru's actions. But that's difficult, newbies are the ones who lose everything usually.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
NathanJB

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:55:04 AM

It is always better to cut loss or take profit. That will control unforeseeable price movements that will only result to you gaining too little or losing big. Especially after a very strong pump, brace yourself for a strong correction as well. That is expected. So rather than be greedy and try to take every satoshi of possible profit, be contented and take your profit or capital. I recommend to take capital and decide for yourself what to do with the profit. You could hold it for a longer time.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 05:52:51 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
yes your investment is your responsibility and you need to act wisely
holding long term is not applicable in every coin and if you plan to hold long term you need to buy coin with solid foundation
before investing you need to learn about it and look if the coin really have good potential to grow someday.

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:04:59 AM

What are your thoughts?
We all have different perspectives in investing or in profiteering here specially when talking about holding and selling and that must be cleared from the moment we put our money to each coin we wanted to trust

Like me,I am not into whatever the price for today or tomorrow (ofcourse for bitcoin only)because I believe in this coin and I know that in the next 3-5 years this can bring me to become millionaire so there’s no pushing this early

carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:10:43 AM

this is very dependent on the altcoin being held, because it is very difficult to determine when the coin price will stop rising, and when the coin price will stop decreasing, what must be done is to continue to monitor the coin movement and the development of the project behind the coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: