Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:37:34 PM

I think that it is necessary to be guided by the ICO price, and also to watch the Pre ICO price, I personally try to sell at an average value between these prices, or more! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 06:40:53 PM

Everyone recommends Hold because you can avoid danger. And with Coin Hold, we can get profits in the future. But my advice is that all the coins you buy are not for long-term investments, but you also have to trade every day because you can make a profit.
today, few cryptocurrency users rely on other chances to profit from their revenues, And First of all, the improvement of the cryptocurrency market is ignited, and that is why leave your assets for long-term storage.  The fact is that even daily trading has increased the risks and few people want to risk ..
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:41:55 PM

Everyone recommends Hold because you can avoid danger. And with Coin Hold, we can get profits in the future. But my advice is that all the coins you buy are not for long-term investments, but you also have to trade every day because you can make a profit.

We have to have double funds for investment and daily trading, because long-term investment takes several years while staying up late we have to have capital and not how much.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:47:55 PM

HODL is a very subtle thing, I think that it is necessary to understand why you are doing it, this is exactly how the HODL opportunity is happening now I think that it is necessary to understand it is difficult and very risky.
Dark Ripper

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 11:30:25 AM

You know when to stop holding your coins because holding into a long time may get you to some losses, so I suggest you if that coin that is you are holding for almost a year or a months you better to sell it and go to trading. For now I am getting to explore and study to gain some knowledge in trading because of the reason that I really want to earn more profit to cut the losses I am getting right now. The trading platform that I am using is offering  the highest paying referral for OTC services in the industry. 25% of the profit from the referral will go to the referrer and this trading platform is Bittreo many are using this because they are offering discounts on our fees for OTC trades such as 20 percent off our OTC fee for the first time a client buys or sells.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:45:50 PM

today, few cryptocurrency users rely on other chances to profit from their revenues, And First of all, the improvement of the cryptocurrency market is ignited, and that is why leave your assets for long-term storage.  The fact is that even daily trading has increased the risks and few people want to risk ..
not all types of coins are good for use as long-term investment assets, because not necessarily all types of coins have very good potential in the future. when we want to make a profit, quickly make a sale and leave a recommendation from everyone to continue holding it if indeed one of the coins has a high value at that time and there is no opportunity to grow its value in the future

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Corer

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:57:56 PM

After my experience of loosing almost all cos I was holding I gave myself the best advice, keep a target and when a coin you have hits it, sell off and move on cos holding can be very deadly at times

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:09:39 PM

It depends on your coin, entr your y point and on the market type. HODL is extremely risky on the bearish market
especially if you are holding shitcoins. In such case it is better to take the loss and get out as those coins
will hardly ever recover.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:18:41 PM

Hold Bitcoin is probably the best investment before halving day. It is not recommended to buy altcoins at this time because news from India about banning crypto will make altcoin fall temporarily.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:15:50 AM

Hold Bitcoin is probably the best investment before halving day. It is not recommended to buy altcoins at this time because news from India about banning crypto will make altcoin fall temporarily.
You say that the altcoin will fall temporarily, meaning you believe that the altcoin will improve in the future.
if that is your belief I am more interested in increasing the altcoins we have now.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:25:39 AM

You say that the altcoin will fall temporarily, meaning you believe that the altcoin will improve in the future.
if that is your belief I am more interested in increasing the altcoins we have now.
Indeed, we are too positive that crypto prices will cover after any drops happen but we just have to wait for few more days before it come. Patiently waiting will just be a key to prevent from losing but not all the time we should be like that when it saw nothing have improve in a certain coin price. It could be better to sell them while we can still have benefit from them.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:16:02 PM

we don't know the market situation in the near future, this is important for daily traders or scalping players. if I do long-term trading I think you should buy some altcoins that are more promising and have large volumes.
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:33:40 PM

Even if you are smart one it still depends on cashing out when there is profits ,no one will dare sell there coins for loss and if there is any that's the most dumb move ever

acgenius

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:45:17 PM

Hey there everyone, doing fine? I was lately searching for a great decentralized exchange and read some reviews on weidex - as I see, pretty widely discussed. Have you heard of the project? And what are your thoughts on them? Cause so far they look very advanced
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:09:25 PM

You only need to HODL Bitcoin and those coins in which you are sure that they will show strong growth in the future. Today, from the top coins, I would hold only Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and TRON.
From young and very perspective im hodling TAU (taucoin.io)

Only bitcoin can increase? You may hold few altcoin too which can give you good returns but the topic is stand not for that the topic stands for the appropriate time of holding a coin or token.
bakermaker123
Copper Member

Activity: 287

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:32:28 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Being smart about your own investment for me is not enough. Sometimes, I just accumulate a great amount of money because of the stroke of luck. That's why I am fund of buying some shitcoins that I think has potential but only invest the money I can lose. I incredibly earn 2000$ from a shitcoin last month and that was a great experience for me.

Live for the moment.
Farid-Ozy

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:52:46 PM

I personally chose a project for myself and invest in it, for me it is no longer raw, but a finished product, project tokens also have a starting price and an exchange where they will undergo listing http://gexan.io/
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:52:53 PM

You only need to HODL Bitcoin and those coins in which you are sure that they will show strong growth in the future. Today, from the top coins, I would hold only Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and TRON.
From young and very perspective im hodling TAU (taucoin.io)

Only bitcoin can increase? You may hold few altcoin too which can give you good returns but the topic is stand not for that the topic stands for the appropriate time of holding a coin or token.

More trust with the main coin or also called BITCOIN because the price is very good at this time to invest because at the end of the year you will see new things waiting.
no one knows exactly what will happen at the end of the year. but you are right about the fact that we can trust to bitcoin. and it deserves to be bought

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Pithaxz

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

https://gptverse.art/

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:55:27 PM

yes for me to invest depends on the coins we invest and also the situation at that time, on the one hand all are controlled within ourselves. I mean profit depends on how we can sell when there is an opportunity.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
Kattoweymo

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:57:05 PM

I personally chose a project for myself and invest in it, for me it is no longer raw, but a finished product, project tokens also have a starting price and an exchange where they will undergo listing http://gexan.io/
And what is the starting price promised for this token? It became interesting to learn for yourself
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: