Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 12:29:02 PM

To determine the best time to stop Hodl, you can set the target you want to achieve after purchasing the investment in what it is. After you reach the goal, you want to sell. Or maybe you follow the market trend to decide to sell or hold. Many people choose to set a target to determine the exact time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:01:27 PM

Part of the advisors are right. It is important to understand that a stable HOLD brings much less profit than a controlled HOLD. You can never hope for the case you need to always watch the prices on the stock exchange and make new decisions. If you do not care about cryptocurrencies and you just want to benefit. Then your best option is to invest in the top 5 cryptocurrencies and forget about it.
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:18:31 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
the market is always changing. The decision to hold or sell is up to you. Catch the market and make the right decisions. That will bring you success. For newbie, they are not knowledgeable so they will follow experienced people. But don't care, learn and believe in yourself

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Awalt541

Activity: 438
Merit: 256

Redot.com - Trade Like a Pro, Earn 70% of Referral

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:21:21 PM

Of course i agree with your opinion, because all time is the best time to buy some Cryptocurrency, but we must know when we put out money away. So if you want to invest you must think a lot and make some pedict before invest in.

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:28:04 PM

I prefer to hold than to sell my tokens when it is not yet time or when the value amount to nothing.
The experience I have had not holding when I am supposed to, have thought me a lot of lessons.
So I do not mind how long I will hold, until I have a good return of investment.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:30:15 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I have been caught in the "HODL" trap as well and lost quite a big amount of capital, but I have learnt my lesson. However the coins I hold now are for long term price increase not short term bursts. Some of my investments are simply for the technology behind not just for the money.
labuan

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:30:38 PM

Ist very hard for some people for kano when to hold and when to sell, but in my opinion if you want gets profit you must be patience for it, and before you invest to your asset investment you must think a lot about your choice.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:36:45 PM

Not entirely what they say is wrong, saying "just hold" can be true because the long term takes quite a long time or even years. But if you have to cut losses it is not a long-term trade, because long-term trading must have a strong mentality, even though the price drops, they are only sure it will grow in the future.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:41:32 PM

I think the long-term strategy is very good. But it certainly requires very high patience. We can get profit, but for a long time. So we have to do other strategies such as trading every day and profits are generated every day.
IParn

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 04:42:55 PM

I read to stop holding you have to really feel the market.  Because it is he who shows what the situation with a particular coin.  I maintain the position that it is better to sell sooner than later.  Because the market is very fast changing positions.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:00:15 PM

Definitely there is a limit for everything, we should learn to hold when it matters and at the same time we learn to sell when the condition is favourable to some extent.  It is the greed that is making some people to hold unnecessarily, they want to make a skyrocketing profits. Since when I've an horrible experience about too much holding, I've learnt to stop holding when at least I can get some little returns on investment or bounty rewards.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:05:58 PM

What are your thoughts?
  I think we should not care about newbie. The decision to hold or sell is yours. Believe in yourself . If you see that altcoins still increase, keep them. And sell at the right time. Because newbie they often listen to others without understanding the problem. So you don't need to care about them

Necroface

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 05:14:55 PM

yes you are right, you must know when to sell, for example lots of times after an ico, everybody sells what they earn from bounties then coin price decreases, so few times we say aa i should hold, and another alt coins, if you bought a suprice one, i mean if %90 of us do not use it somehow, (monero for hiding, ethereum for mining, bitcoin for trade, etc.) then it wont make you happy after you hodl for a long, it will die in the end, so so little times they get success and one can know that. but if you bought the main coins by a low price, then of course hold them, you will get 5x-10x in the end, few months or 1 year later.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                      
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
JayTrain

Activity: 1092
Merit: 105

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:22:59 PM

Part of the advisors are right. It is important to understand that a stable HOLD brings much less profit than a controlled HOLD. You can never hope for the case you need to always watch the prices on the stock exchange and make new decisions. If you do not care about cryptocurrencies and you just want to benefit. Then your best option is to invest in the top 5 cryptocurrencies and forget about it.
yes, the investment assumes - long-term contribution , here you need to understand exactly what you want from the market,? quickly raise a couple of bucks, or make a contribution to the future. There are many options.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 885
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:06:14 PM

I agree. There is no totally risk-free strategy in none of the markets, and hodling blindly can be the wrong strategy sometimes.

BUT...

Hodling the right asset in a generally positive market is the least risky strategy, and sometimes pays up extremely well. You just have to choose well, be patient enough, and have a sell target in mind.
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 06:34:57 PM

I am not a greedy person and do not like to wait long.  Because I look at the market, if I have enough interest and I’m at the spit, then I sell everything.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:05:49 PM

Yes. You are right. When you talk about holding that not mean you hold for your whole life. You can do it. But that's just a option. Holding depends on holder. In every holding you have to find a point where you can out of that thing. And it's completely depends on those who hold. If you see you got enough profit from a single space and you don't take the risk you can out anytime. And if you want to make more profit and want to take more risk you can stay with it. The choice is yours for that you have to gain the knowledge about the market ecosystem. And you have to do some research on your holdings.

BestBitcoinOdds

Activity: 152
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:38:43 PM

Speaking to a newbie just hodl make him a current bad. Because anyone who works here must think at the beginning of his head and then hear the opinions of other people. Sometimes you need to sell an asset in order to purchase even lower, thereby increasing the balance, but if they write to a person just hodl, they will not do anything. The one who acts the fastest is always the winner.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:25:10 PM

What are your thoughts?
I have long ago decided for myself that I need to trade at different time intervals. That is why I have coins that I accumulate in order to sell in a few years. I also have coins that I hold for several months, that is, trade in the medium term. And of course I do short-term trading.
In general, I agree with the OP that the main thing is to approach any transactions in the market wisely. If the situation is such that you need to change your plan and sell the coin right now (although there was a plan to sell it after 1 year, for example), then you need to do it.
In general, the market for crypto currencies is not the place where there is stability, so you need to be able to quickly make decisions based on the market situation.
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:49:50 PM

Sometimes we have to make hard decisions if we do not want to allow  that a coin takes us down. We have to take the loss and get out of the investment , but if we are extra confident with the project then we can choose the long HODL option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: