Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:01:17 PM

For me its better to stop holding our coins if we think that we can make more money by just selling our coins, because not all times we can have more profit by just selling our crypto coins, because the price of all coins in the crypto world is changeable and anytime has the possibility to change, that is why if there is a good opportunity we need to take it.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Leo

Activity: 620

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:09:02 PM

I believe greediness is what makes most traders and hodlers lose,  because they will look on to maximum profits irrespective of being a newbie or not, if the greediness is still there they can't know when to sell or hodl

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
suhardi3899

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 03:34:13 PM

in my opinion only a few people can know and when to stop when they hold. so for beginners (Newbie)  I think it's natural to ask. but beginners must also know who he trusts.
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:56:33 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
When you hold a coin, it is advisable to make a mark at which you need to sell, and even if the price rises after the sale, you will not be in the red.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:13:46 PM

Absolutely. People are not zombies. Don't just tell them to HODL without giving good reasons why. I know many people, including myself that were told to HODL and keep on holding since January 2018 when we should have sold part or all of our assets to limit losses. Now what we hold is almost worthless. Exchanges have delisted others and some more projects have done worse by closing business.

Let us stop misleading others. Each person should hodl or dump based on their own personal will

Runbitup

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:49:48 PM

only yourself knows when to stop because only you really know your condition so you must be able to make your own decisions.
and in my opinion what is clear is the best time to stop holding is when you can get a profit or when your money is back.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:03:24 PM

Just set your exit levels every time before buys and follow this plan! But never go full fiat if you know what I mean  Wink

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:05:44 PM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Investing in cryptocurrency is risky, you should know that first before investing into it. I agree that we should know when to sell and when to hold. It is easy to say to sell or hold but being an investor you should study the flow of prices and if you think you will loss your money by holding then sell it to cut your losses or at least before you will lost all your money. I mean you should be aware what is happening in crypto world. So that you will be able to make a good decision.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 08:34:51 PM

What are your thoughts?

Investing in cryptocurrency is risky, you should know that first before investing into it. I agree that we should know when to sell and when to hold. It is easy to say to sell or hold but being an investor you should study the flow of prices and if you think you will loss your money by holding then sell it to cut your losses or at least before you will lost all your money. I mean you should be aware what is happening in crypto world. So that you will be able to make a good decision.
It seems to me very difficult to imagine today the development of certain projects and to determine their prospects for the future. Based on this, it is impossible to predict what the correct actions will be and which will not. Perhaps because of this, most users of cryptocurrency invest it in the rating coins, and not in new projects.
Musia

Activity: 518

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:38:14 PM

What are your thoughts?
You need to understand well what the project is capable of in which you invest, then it will be possible to set price limits at which you need to start acting to avoid losses or make a profit

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:42:36 PM

What are your thoughts?

I think that just an investor should have 2 investment portfolios. In the same portfolio should be assets for a long time. In the other portfolio should be short-term speculative assets. If you choose one thing, then I am for long-term investments.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:35:12 PM

Truth is, as a crypto fan, you must hodl token only when you know the right time to sell
You cannot hodl a coin without digging up facts about it

Be smart while holding
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:46:20 PM

Knowing the right time to sell or hold is what differentiates every crypto trader and the amount of income he or she makes. Everybody holds at a certain point

5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:53:30 PM

This is an excellent question, because we see hodl everywhere when the reality is that we should be switching to tether instead. However, now that the bear market is virtually over it really is time to hodl so that's all I'm going to do all the way back up to 20k

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
BCTS

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:05:17 PM

Knowing the right time to sell or hold is what differentiates every crypto trader and the amount of income he or she makes. Everybody holds at a certain point
I am becoming more and more convinced that no one knows anything for sure. Look at the situation, there are crypto traders who sold at the peak and who then bought on a slightly smaller plus and they did not expect that the market will go even further down. Now it is dangerous to trade, and I think it is better to holds it for a while.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 11:06:55 PM

hahaha...You right holding is good but you should be very careful to let it go when almost everybody is dropping it. It's called stop loss. Sometimes people might deceive you to holding a bag of shit coins which would only increase your loss. If you want to hold some coins for long term then i would vouch for bitcoin and ethereum.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
crispynougat

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:10:20 PM

I don't think HOLD coins are a problem because this is a strategy. And when they do HOLD coins, I think they will invest again or do daily trading. So they don't always do HOLD coins but also do daily trading. And this is what I do every day so we also encourage the market to grow.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:18:01 PM

Correctly. Even to just keep the coins you must have some knowledge. If you keep your coins and do not pay attention to the news and not knowing the General situation in the market, it will not lead to anything good.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:37:21 PM

There are the most ambiguous opinions about the HODL strategy. Someone considers it stupid, and someone sacredly believes in its success. We can not say that one of them is wrong. After all, this strategy has really helped many people to improve their financial situation. Just now it is necessary to apply it very carefully.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:37:30 PM

What are your thoughts?

I think that just an investor should have 2 investment portfolios. In the same portfolio should be assets for a long time. In the other portfolio should be short-term speculative assets. If you choose one thing, then I am for long-term investments.

This is a very good idea. I only invest in coins I'm prepared to hold for a long time like Bitcoin and ETH. I don't care about new pump and dump coins like those weed coins that were supposed to be big. They all became almost worthless in bear market. It's one thing to lose 80% of value and 99% like some altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: