Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD  (Read 41076 times)
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 05:04:38 AM

Yes crypto is growing everyday so I suggest it's time to start gathering some good coins out there, start choosing from top 50 or top 100 coins because  we have promising new coins on the list now

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:39:41 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 09:51:39 AM by Chrystora123

This is why time management is needed, we must be able to make decisions when to sell, when to buy and how long to have to HOLD.  if we are able to master this time management then the percentage of losses can be reduced.  but to be able to master this, we must have a reference and a trusted mentor.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:44:17 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Based on experience, too much holding sometimes leads to an opportunity loss. That is why at some point, you should actually sell it, and if you really trust it has a good potential just buy back during the dip. I missed a lot of opportunities because of holding and lost a lot of money because of it.

MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:58:12 AM

I personally hold during these days and if we sell at low prices then we can bear high losses and beside all this we must be confident and sure that future currency is crypto currency and we should hold it rather than sell at low prices in the market and i have to buy more if the market is good for buying and buyers are happy when we have the coins of the market.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Dennicex

Activity: 393
Merit: 1

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 08:39:00 AM

I personally hold during these days and if we sell at low prices then we can bear high losses and beside all this we must be confident and sure that future currency is crypto currency and we should hold it rather than sell at low prices in the market and i have to buy more if the market is good for buying and buyers are happy when we have the coins of the market.
At such moments as now you can not sell anything. on the contrary, you need to try to find funds and buy cryptocurrency. Only with such a strategy you can count on success!

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:52:08 AM

If we all knew when we should stop. It would be easier for all of us to work. The fact is that no one knows. When enough. No one knows when the coins will collapse. Each person makes a decision for himself. When will this game end.
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:53:35 AM

Internet and google of course had to lot to teach us daily.Personally I believe in charts and go as per it.But sometimes news are also important and we had to focus on the source of news whether it is from legit source or not.Just for example few hours back binance made two announcements about token swap and genesis and price of BNB again rose within seconds.Holding good coins having potential with good rankings and supply/circulation will always end up giving profit eventually.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:03:04 AM

If we all knew when we should stop. It would be easier for all of us to work. The fact is that no one knows. When enough. No one knows when the coins will collapse. Each person makes a decision for himself. When will this game end.

Indeed, if we know when we start to hold and when start to sell, i think its a lot easier and many people getting more rich easier. But market always unpredictable and i think thats the art of market movement.
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:06:52 AM

Sometimes they hold coins because they see from experience. We know that before this market was very low and many people held coins. And in the end they can get big profits because in 2017 the price of pumping coins is very high. This is still widely believed to occur again so many people suggest holding coins.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 09:07:40 AM

I think to know exactly when you need to stop holding.  You need to really feel the market, and for this you need to have enough experience.  And if you do not know how long you need to hold it, you can do short-term investments.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
No One

Activity: 417

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:10:47 AM

Easier said than done. I agreed with you. People easily say just hold and hold, but they are unaware of in what pain those who have suffered loss are. In fact, those suffering loss are always in desperate and look forward to looking at ways to cut or recover the loss. So in that situation, they cannot just hold. My suggestion is that if you are suffering losses, do not stick to only the mantra of hold and hold. But seek other ideas like day to day trading to compensate your loss.  

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:06:05 AM

Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I am agree. Its not just about hold, its about the prospect of project in long term. If the project have good and working product, i am believe investor will hold for long term. But the problem these days is too many duplicate project and its make investor confuising and should careful before make investment

Yemolou

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:14:51 AM

As a good trader, you always need to know your enter position and when you are going to quit it. Otherwise it is nothing else than poor luck, traders that are trading in that way are most likely to lose their deposit within several days.
Loedong

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:17:08 AM

surely we will know this when we feel it is a profit point from our initial capital. investment does not have to wait long term if there is a chance we sell it directly, unless the assets we have are dead coins we have to exchange them for new coins.
TechComputer

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:22:28 AM

Of course, holding is the best thing to do if you wanted to make profits, but be sure to not hold as long as you intended.
FuryBeast

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:26:41 AM

As for big coins, you can hold them without paying attention to the news. Buy and hold will work with btc, ripple, eth almost for sure, but with smaller coins you must always keep in touch with reality. Look what happened with BSV. Similar things may happen to any coin you hold, as you cannot predict what will happen the next day, you can only keep in touch and react the right way.
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:32:41 AM

It is a very difficult question and in my opinion there is no time limit for holding coins. There are people that have bought BTC for several cents and held them till the bull run. But there are another people that cannot hold longer than 1 month.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:19:46 PM

As a good trader, you always need to know your enter position and when you are going to quit it. Otherwise it is nothing else than poor luck, traders that are trading in that way are most likely to lose their deposit within several days.

Yeah, at least try to have a predetermined plan so your holdings will have direction. It's ok to be flexible at times especially when there are big news about your coin but most of the time, stay within your target.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 05:25:13 PM

Well i made a mistake and i lost a lot of money because i hold on last bull run more then was needed, but i will never to this again and i will sell once a new bull run come and get some profit.
Dannev

Activity: 169

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:37:24 PM

What are your thoughts?

I won't advise anyone to hold now. Am not holding, holding has dealt me a blow. Any profit I see, I sell off. I think that's being smart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: