Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:26:47 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 12:21:59 PM by deepcoreotc

This community of Octocoin has touched me.  The support that is here is awesome.  It is all about support.  And many people in the crypto world has forgotten that.  

I am a very small business owner yet a Big entrepreneur at heart. Have been all my life.  It is my intention to do my part in the crypto community and I strive to bring a nuance of congeniality between supporters and the business world.  
Here is my first notices that I would like everyone to get right from the start.  If you notice, I use the word supporter.   This word I use in place of customer.

I do not like the term/word customer,  because this word is derived from the word consume.  It is the consumer mentality that has gotten us all to where ideas and concepts like crypto currency is our last hope of truly building a civilized world.  We have a long ways to go.  The first steps have been talking and it will continually take people like us to move this concept forward.

I know that many people has come to the crypto world for fast riches and a quick buck.  And if that is what they want and they are savvy enough to do it then good luck to them.  

There are others, like myself, that has seen this crypto thingy as a much needed and desired shift in the paradigm at large. It is the ideas and ideals of this that moves me.  And now we have the power and the means to reshape the world, I do believe for the better. Wealth will come.  Yet for now I would say that it is our responsibility to build solid foundation in which to construction our better tomorrow.

We must always remember, it is not about the next best technology, it is not about the next best thing that will make you rich.  It is has always been about people.

We all have a grand opportunity to use the new found tools to do just that.  

Please always remember that first and foremost, what holds the most value to me, is YOU.

****TEAM OCTO: Our tentacles will reach out & touch the world and help to make it a better place for All!!****

Jay

http://jaysjerkyandgoodies.auctivacommerce.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Summary or link of coin features?

The first page of this thread or octocoin.org will give you the basics.  However, that's just the coin parameters, you need to look beyond to appreciate what makes this coin really special.  If you don't have the time to catch up to those of us who've been here from day 1 by reading the whole thread, take a look at the posting history of octocoin (the dev's).  Their professionalism and conduct here speaks volumes but it's the hints of what's to come that really excites true Octo believers.  You may think "grandiose plans, all words, no substance" but there's just something about the way this coin has been managed from the outset, the way it's attracted a mature community, the way it's avoided p&d and managed sustained value and steady growth over several months which makes many of us here believe that if the dev team pull off their ambitious plans that this coin is going to be around for the long term and will really shake things up.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:21:15 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 02:50:38 PM by deepcoreotc

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

Another way to be entered into the contest is by sharing our link on your Facebook page and post a link to your Facebook page showing you have link our page in here on this forum.

Thanks much for all your support. More great fun stuff coming your way from JaysJerky soon.

karkkis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:47:47 PM

Just wanted to say Hi to all after a while.

I enjoy this discussion thread because of its maturity and good attitude...  Which is btw quite non-existant in most other
altcoin threads.....

-keep up the good spirit!
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 07:54:46 PM

So, as the majority investor in Fedaykin's OctoChance, I'd like to urge more individuals to come try their luck (or invest!) The house edge is razor-thin; you aren't going to find odds this good in Vegas!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:26:04 PM

So, as the majority investor in Fedaykin's OctoChance, I'd like to urge more individuals to come try their luck (or invest!) The house edge is razor-thin; you aren't going to find odds this good in Vegas!

i'm gonna try it out i think. i'm just waiting for my dang deposit to clear. i'll be on chat there if any of you guys get bored. i'm prolly gonna invest half and play with half of my deposit.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:48:17 PM

http://octo-chance.fedaykin.us/

octo chance is pretty fun... so far i'm up so i'm gonna keep my winnings. if you get bored and want to play with your octo check it out and see how lucky you are  Kiss

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:17:53 AM

Ordered some of Jay's jerky using OctoCoin - thanks Jay! Of course I couldn't stand to part with the coins so I had to immediately go buy them back on Bittrex Grin

Looking forward to taking delivery - my mouth was watering while I was browsing!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:21:32 AM

I mean... look at this 1 week Octocharts...  What must a coin do more to be spotted and added by mintpal on it's own???  Grin
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

I mean... look at this 1 week Octocharts...  What must a coin do more to be spotted and added by mintpal on it's own???  Grin

I'm quite liking the nice steady accumulation.  Yes we could do with more support and more volume, but too much hype and you get into damaging P&D territory.  It's a very fine balance.  What we really need is more of what we have, i.e. mature, level headed miners / traders, services when they are ready, followed by real world adoption.  Stay patient, keep the faith and most importantly, keep 888 out of the hands of the children.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:55:49 AM

I mean... look at this 1 week Octocharts...  What must a coin do more to be spotted and added by mintpal on it's own???  Grin

I'm quite liking the nice steady accumulation.  Yes we could do with more support and more volume, but too much hype and you get into damaging P&D territory.  It's a very fine balance.  What we really need is more of what we have, i.e. mature, level headed miners / traders, services when they are ready, followed by real world adoption.  Stay patient, keep the faith and most importantly, keep 888 out of the hands of the children.

Yeah, you got a point here. All in all i think that bittrex isn't the point why you can't buy a lot of coins for a price like this in the moment.
It really looks like this is a community that knows what 888 could be worth and everyone acts very grown up.  Smiley
As a "poor" student i went all in on here and decided to go working for the next 2 month to cover my power bill (summed up a whole year) with cash instead of selling my octos  Cheesy Nothing gets me out of this boat!  Wink

deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:51:20 PM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

Another way to be entered into the contest is by sharing our link on your Facebook page and post a link to your Facebook page showing you have link our page in here on this forum.

Thanks much for all your support. More great fun stuff coming your way from JaysJerky soon.

joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:10:31 PM

Seems like no matter how hard we vote we keep getting further from #1 on MintPal. So many P&D coins... UGH!!! Maybe with the recent price increase we can eventually be one of those coins that gets to bypass the vote. Having said that, if the Dev's aren't ready then I'll be patient. I have just voted so dang hard lol!!!
he-man

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:31:16 PM

It wont matter. Bittrex got great volume, once this coin takes off, mintpal will add it.

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:33:12 PM

It wont matter. Bittrex got great volume, once this coin takes off, mintpal will add it.

yeah take a look at cloak, it was doing 2000 BTC volume on bittrex in a day when mintpal decided to add it, then everyone added it. bittrex is actually pretty good now, love their new charts and vuying/selling options. i'd say they're the #2 trading site after MP, and quickly catching up, could overtake MP. poloniex is a bit of a joke, they denied cloak publicly spreading fud that the source was no good, which was proven false, then they publicly denied another coin, can't remember which, but they said they found some "strange" variable in the source that looked suspiscious. they started fudding against the coin without ever talking to the coin's devs about it, and turns out the variable was %100 harmless, and infact whoever was doing the auditing didn't really understand what they were looking at at all. ugh, i want to remember the name of the coin but i can't, anyone else follow that story? was funny shit. poloniex got pwned.

*EDIT it was super coin, here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652351.0

the coin is meh, but it was bad on them to spread fud without just cause, even though they set out to do good. turns out that there are many listed coins which have this same max coins variable higher. so they'd have to pull like half the coins they have listed.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
ThePeePs

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:37:18 PM

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that I still have my P2Pool node (see my sig) up for Octo, and I don't plan on taking it down anytime soon.  P2Pool is a great way to help keep the hash distributed over the network.

If anyone wants to setup a new node, and needs some help, I am more then willing to lend a hand.  I can be reached here, or on IRC. 

PeePs

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FusionHash

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

On July 4th, bholzer's Murraycoin changes from Scrypt to Scrypt-N. Shortly before that happens, we will be launching all-new pools for Murraycoin, Anoncoin, and OctoCoin. The plan is that we will tie them together with our private internal currency exchange which is currently trading an additional 8 x/BTC pairs. We plan to simultaneously release a Scrypt Murraycoin multipool so that ASIC miners can continue to mine Murraycoin even after the change to Scrypt-N as well as an X11/Scrypt-N OctoCoin multipool that will allow GPU miners to mine OctoCoin more efficiently by auto-trading on the exchanges. We plan to leverage a combination of our internal exchange, Cryptsy, Bittrex, and MintPal to ensure we can get everybody the best per-hash returns possible and will maintain a detailed statistics page. Both bholzer and the OctoCoin devs have expressed concerns that this will inflate the prices too rapidly raising the point of entry before they are ready while doing nothing to secure the blockchain since the increase in hashpower will be spread around other coins - in our experience, this will actually attract more people to the respective currencies and stabilize the network speeds anyway as it will increase both demand and volume on the exchanges. If it creates any stability issues or rapid-deflation we will certainly adjust accordingly and perhaps return a combo of MRY+BTC and 888+BTC allowing the miners to choose what to do with the BTC portion. Our goal is simply to provide more efficient ways for people to mine the coins they want to mine regardless of algorithm and the type of hardware they are using.

The OctoCoin multipool will require special mining software since it will be automatically switching between X11 and Scrypt-N. This also means 2 different sets of optimal settings for GPUs. We are still working on the best way to handle it so while the pool itself may be ready by July 4th it could take a few additional days to get the mining software out. Personally, we believe this will provide a big boost for OctoCoin and expand reach and interest. Keep in mind we're open to suggestions from the community or, if this is something you guys don't want, please let us know and we can have a discussion about it. One of the OctoCoin developers is actually overseeing the project if that helps alleviate any possible concerns. Also, bholzer has officially signed off on the Scrypt Murraycoin multipool plan and it's one of the reasons he didn't build both algorithms directly into the coin. Yes we have an in-house GPU farm and yes we will likely be putting a portion of it on our new OctoCoin pool but that isn't the reason we are creating it - we are doing this for the community.

Thank you for mining with FusionHash!
peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

Exciting! I'm really psyched to be involved with a coin with such (at least seemingly) smart and rational people / teams involved, too.

I have a bunch of octo, but I may need to get some MRY now.

So glad I stumbled across fusionhash a while back.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

On July 4th, bholzer's Murraycoin changes from Scrypt to Scrypt-N. Shortly before that happens, we will be launching all-new pools for Murraycoin, Anoncoin, and OctoCoin. The plan is that we will tie them together with our private internal currency exchange which is currently trading an additional 8 x/BTC pairs. We plan to simultaneously release a Scrypt Murraycoin multipool so that ASIC miners can continue to mine Murraycoin even after the change to Scrypt-N as well as an X11/Scrypt-N OctoCoin multipool that will allow GPU miners to mine OctoCoin more efficiently by auto-trading on the exchanges. We plan to leverage a combination of our internal exchange, Cryptsy, Bittrex, and MintPal to ensure we can get everybody the best per-hash returns possible and will maintain a detailed statistics page. Both bholzer and the OctoCoin devs have expressed concerns that this will inflate the prices too rapidly raising the point of entry before they are ready while doing nothing to secure the blockchain since the increase in hashpower will be spread around other coins - in our experience, this will actually attract more people to the respective currencies and stabilize the network speeds anyway as it will increase both demand and volume on the exchanges. If it creates any stability issues or rapid-deflation we will certainly adjust accordingly and perhaps return a combo of MRY+BTC and 888+BTC allowing the miners to choose what to do with the BTC portion. Our goal is simply to provide more efficient ways for people to mine the coins they want to mine regardless of algorithm and the type of hardware they are using.

The OctoCoin multipool will require special mining software since it will be automatically switching between X11 and Scrypt-N. This also means 2 different sets of optimal settings for GPUs. We are still working on the best way to handle it so while the pool itself may be ready by July 4th it could take a few additional days to get the mining software out. Personally, we believe this will provide a big boost for OctoCoin and expand reach and interest. Keep in mind we're open to suggestions from the community or, if this is something you guys don't want, please let us know and we can have a discussion about it. One of the OctoCoin developers is actually overseeing the project if that helps alleviate any possible concerns. Also, bholzer has officially signed off on the Scrypt Murraycoin multipool plan and it's one of the reasons he didn't build both algorithms directly into the coin. Yes we have an in-house GPU farm and yes we will likely be putting a portion of it on our new OctoCoin pool but that isn't the reason we are creating it - we are doing this for the community.

Thank you for mining with FusionHash!

Just for accuracy-sake, Murraycoin switches to "Scrypt-2048" - this is the current PoW method of Scrypt-N coins but in 2015/etc when the Scrypt-N coins automatically jump to Scrypt-4096, Murraycoin will remain Scrypt-2048. So Vertminer/etc can be used in place of the official MurrayMiner initially but eventually that will change. Not a huge deal - just wanted to clear that up.

Also - stoked for the OctoCoin multipool. I have a massive collection of GPU rigs myself and right now they're cranking away on Vertcoin+Monocle (merge-mined). After power costs, I'm barely breaking even as-is (although the merged Monocle helps soften the blow) and I would much rather be putting that hash power into 888. My sole ASIC is cranking away on Murraycoin, of course, until the switch to Scrypt-2048 in July. I've been mining alts non-stop for nearly 2 years now and never sell what I mine so I've managed to amass what is possibly the most ridiculous altcoin collection known to man  Grin

Wish I had more 888 - other than a couple of brief lulls it has been tough to mine since minutes after launch. I was a few minutes late to the party on launch day and remember logging in from my hotel and seeing 2 Gh/s 20 minutes after it was launched (and that was pre-ASIC).

heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:18:02 AM

I'm not trying to be a downer but I don't see the differentiating point in this coin. I asked before and the response sounded more like homeopathy than science. I know the 888 is positively conspicous for Chinese with 8 being a lucky number. Maybe that's why I'm only getting superstitous responses? Is that enough to ensure success?
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: