Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2019, 03:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DefaultTrust changes  (Read 49962 times)
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1427

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 06:05:40 PM

Personally, I'm hoping that once DT fills up, the older more knowledgeable members of the forum will be given precedence in the system by their userID
If the list gets too big and the limitation is automatic then it would make much more sense to increase the minimum required amount of total inclusions a member must have: +2 or +3 instead of the current zero for example.

That would certainly help the manipulators, so I can see why you'd propose it.  I think it runs counter to my point though, as that would only make the problem of centralization bigger, and eliminate any potential improvement in this new system over the old one.
Wow. Now you just attack me without any other intentions.

What I'm saying (in case you're interested in an input and didn't just mean to say "I want to be in DT1 and whoever distrusts my feedback should be removed") is it wouldn't make sense to automatically grant DT1 status to older members versus newer ones, as you suggested. Being an old member doesn't necessarily mean being trusted or being impartial when leaving trust or choosing DT2 users. It would make more sense to grant that status to those trusted by more users.

That, or we return to the previous system where theymos picked DT1 members. Or we get a hybrid system.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1745

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 06:12:00 PM

Oh look, here we are months later an all the same bad actors in control of the trust system again, only more of them. Much better.

The Administration isn't blind, but they are busy.  I assume at some point they will step in if things continue to go this way.  Personally, I'm hoping that once DT fills up, the older more knowledgeable members of the forum will be given precedence in the system by their userID.  It's really blatantly obvious that the new users are working hard to gain control by teaming up to damage the reputation of anyone they feel stands in their way.  When I look at my trust settings list, nearly all the older members are included, while nearly all the newer members are excluded.  This goes way beyond coincidence.
I suspect that there are at least one or two accounts that have been farmed and are being used by one or more of controversial players in DT that is currently in DT.

I find it difficult to believe that certain fairly new people have become so well known in a short time to have enough trust inclusions to be in DT1.

Personally, I'm hoping that once DT fills up, the older more knowledgeable members of the forum will be given precedence in the system by their userID
If the list gets too big and the limitation is automatic then it would make much more sense to increase the minimum required amount of total inclusions a member must have: +2 or +3 instead of the current zero for example.
Or it could be manual with explicit white- and blacklists.
I don’t think the root cause of issues is the number of people, but rather that the current system is vulnerable to manipulation.

Find the fire hydrant in my Avatar for a prize.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 4589

Largest Merit Circle on BPIP!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 06:13:17 PM
Merited by Hhampuz (1)

Or we get a hybrid system.
I like it! This might actually work: force users to choose:
Option 1: Use theymos' DT1 selections and use the system as it was last year.
Option 2: Set your own custom Trust list and use the system we have now.

OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1720

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:15:06 PM

I never considered anyone an enemy besides og, for good reason. If he is not in DT1 I don't see any reason to exclude him as it is when he gets on DT1 that he gets the extra voting power, should not be too strange.

This is a good quote for you.  It isn't strange at all and clearly shows how you and others are teaming up to control the system.  You distrust users that get added that you don't like their inclusions to remove them from DT1 and only let them back in when they've made the changes to their list as you see fit or when you realize it's hopeless (if you've been added to DT1 and you had me included on your trust settings, you know this is true).  Users get excited about their new status and don't want to lose it, so they obey you.  I've been watching this happen to one user after another as your little crew does everything you can to scare users from including me.  It's sickening, and you/TMAN/Lauda doing this to Rmcdermott927 while alleging that I did something wrong is despicable.  I have been nothing but honest and protected millions of dollars on this forum, yet you distrust me because your ego got hurt I didn't know or care you made coins...  Absolutely pathetic and a perfect example of the level of maturity now in control of the forum's trust system.  

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1710

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:16:48 PM

I never considered anyone an enemy besides og, for good reason. If he is not in DT1 I don't see any reason to exclude him as it is when he gets on DT1 that he gets the extra voting power, should not be too strange.

This is a good quote for you.  It isn't strange at all and clearly shows how you and others are teaming up to control the system.  You distrust users that get added that you don't like their inclusions to remove them from DT1 and only let them back in when they've made the changes to their list as you see fit or when you realize it's hopeless (if you've been added to DT1 and you had me included on your trust settings, you know this is true).  Users get excited about their new status and don't want to lose it, so they obey you.  I've been watching this happen to one user after another as your little crew does everything you can to scare users from including me.  It's sickening, and you/TMAN/Lauda doing this to Rmcdermott927 while alleging that I did something wrong is despicable.  I have been nothing but honest and protected millions of dollars on this forum, yet you distrust me because your ego got hurt I didn't know or care you made coins...  Absolutely pathetic and a perfect example of the level of maturity now in control of the forum's trust system.  

I have never asked Rmc to remove you so that "I can let him back in", where are you getting this from?

If you are going to start coming after me again I'll end the discussion here and put you back on ignore.

████████████████████████████
████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████████████████████████
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 06:24:46 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

I don’t think the root cause of issues is the number of people, but rather that the current system is vulnerable to manipulation.
Yes, probably. Finding some logic to fix this issue you mention would be much harder than limiting the size of the list. Just favoring the one with most votes won't do it, much less so the one with the older account.

That could be an option, except newbies would be basically choosing at random.
But really what I meant with a hybrid system is mainly the current system plus a black list plus a white list.
So some users would always be on DT1 (unless theymos removes them, as with the old system), others would never be there (regardless of how many votes) and all the others would depend on votes. More factors could be added too.

Edit: Maybe it would help adding some obscurity or hidden randomness to the system, so it's more difficult to manipulate it by adding someone knowing that will have desired effects. We should add people whose feedback (and the feedback left by users added by him) we trust and that's all. Maybe we shouldn't know every detail of the whole system.

OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1720

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:35:58 PM

I have never asked Rmc to remove you so that "I can let him back in", where are you getting this from?

If you are going to start coming after me again I'll end the discussion here and put you back on ignore.

Do you think that you ignoring me is a bad thing in my eyes?  I can't figure out why you keep mentioning me as an enemy and distrust anyone who trusts me that you think you can bully.  All this because I wouldn't buy your coins, really?  That makes as much sense as TMAN's feud against me because I agreed with Blazed that a Kialara auction was overpriced (How much BTC was lost at that price compared to today's value again?  Do I get an apology?  Did anyone care that TMAN only cared because he was manipulating an auction that minerjones was putting on for him and allowing the manipulation of?).  This is exactly why older more established members should be in charge of the trust system.  Newcomers like you don't know the history, and are easily manipulated into not knowing who is trustworthy and who is scratching your back to use your account for their own manipulative purposes.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1710

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 06:56:30 PM

More users really need to set their trust lists, DT is increasing at a very slow pace right now and looking at a few different users custom lists DT should be larger than it is right now.
Although I agree more users should make a custom list, I don't think DT has to grow much bigger. I'm working on an overview of who's on DT2 now, and it's a very long list.

Copy that, I thought there were like 50 DT1 members and thought it could be nice to have around 100 or so but that is based off of nothing and DT2 is probably just as sufficient. Looking forward to that overview!

████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 4589

Largest Merit Circle on BPIP!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:03:48 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 10:19:10 PM by LoyceV
Merited by EcuaMobi (1), Hhampuz (1)

Looking forward to that overview!
It's not ready yet, but as a first result, these users on DT2 need looking into:
glen123 (1) (Trust: -32: -5 / +0)
winspiral (1) (Trust: -32: -5 / +0)

Both are included by this new DT1 member:
Trust list for: willi9974 (Trust: 4: -1 / +5) (DT1! (1) 34 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP) (created 2019-04-04_Thu_10.14h)
Back to index

willi9974 Trusts:
1. Lincoln6Echo (Trust: 140: -0 / +14) (27 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. Gyrsur (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (102 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
3. Milquetoast (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (12 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
4. Queenvio (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (15 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
5. Sophokles (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
6. tom04137 (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (2 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
7. Wed (Trust: 23: -0 / +3) (11 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
8. mxnsch (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
9. nrg1zer (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
10. eneloop (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (40 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
11. Two4D (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
12. lateblooming (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
13. Headrix (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
14. cagrund (Trust: 30: -0 / +3) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
15. Bitze (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (16 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
16. der_markus (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
17. ammi84 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
18. quer85 (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
19. saugwurm (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (19 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
20. pixmo (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
21. Buchi-88 (Trust: 15: -0 / +2) (68 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
22. yesiam6 (Trust: 16: -0 / +2) (5 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
23. asodinis (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
24. Denizs66 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
25. cryptodevil (Trust: 62: -0 / +7) (DT1! (15) 97 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
26. bachel (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
27. PublicP2poolNode (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (2 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
28. GoogleBit (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (2 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
29. glen123 (Trust: -32: -5 / +0) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
30. cryptouser (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
31. jadefalke (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (13 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
32. RealMalatesta (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
33. ZyTReX (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (6 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
34. Johnsinkler82 (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
35. Christian1998 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
36. Vaagar (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
37. oliver12 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
38. Real-Duke (Trust: neutral) (35 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
39. ds06 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
40. kettenschutz (Trust: neutral) (1 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
41. blizzen1 (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
42. voephilisI (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
43. cincan (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
44. DeNoiser (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
45. winspiral (Trust: -32: -5 / +0) (22 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
46. LoneRangir (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
47. supertee (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (5 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
48. Lutpin (Trust: 0: -1 / +31) (769 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
49. cicip (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
50. maeusi (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (4 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
51. minibit (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
52. x3t9fi (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (3 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
53. mamboOo (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
54. MrDJ (Trust: 40: -0 / +4) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
55. kingmoppel (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
56. thiel (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
57. Heardalis (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (10 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
58. worgon12 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
59. TrendFriend (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (1 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
60. Heppe (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
61. KC377 (Trust: ???: -1 / +3) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
62. mersense (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (1 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
63. Mitarbeiter (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
64. celeborne (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (8 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
65. emreisik (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
66. gege2000 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
67. belaweb2 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
68. Wuffel83 (Trust: 3: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
69. Empire-Mining (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
70. AnoniX1 (Trust: 4: -0 / +1) (1 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
71. Amazontrading (Trust: 3: -0 / +1) (21 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

willi9974 Distrusts:
1. ~tss (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. ~Finksy (Trust: 50: -0 / +5) (3 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

willi9974 is Trusted by:
1. phantastisch (Trust: 117: -0 / +12) (DT1! (4) 237 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. fronti (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (115 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
3. Sophokles (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
4. Wed (Trust: 23: -0 / +3) (11 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
5. eneloop (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (40 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
6. lateblooming (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
7. Headrix (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
8. cagrund (Trust: 30: -0 / +3) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
9. der_markus (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
10. ammi84 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
11. pixmo (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
12. Buchi-88 (Trust: 15: -0 / +2) (68 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
13. 5tift (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (5 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
14. o_solo_miner (Trust: 2: -0 / +1) (46 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
15. blizzen1 (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
16. voephilisI (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
17. mr.relax (Trust: 20: -0 / +2) (10 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
18. Lafu (Trust: 54: -0 / +7) (DT1! (13) 465 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
19. Heardalis (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (10 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
20. worgon12 (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
21. Nightking (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
22. cisA (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
23. mersense (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (1 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
24. Empire-Mining (Trust: 10: -0 / +1) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
25. Pathfinder29 (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
26. CZeroMobility (Trust: neutral) (0 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
27. 1miau (Trust: 7: -0 / +1) (DT1! (6) 646 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

~willi9974 is Distrusted by:
1. actmyname (Trust: 118: -0 / +13) (DT1! (25) 430 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. DarkStar_ (Trust: 253: -0 / +29) (DT1! (27) 649 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

Trust list: backscratchers: users agree, they trust or distrust each other.
Trust list: backstabbers: users disagree, one user trust the other, while the other doesn't trust him.

Source: LoyceV's Trust list viewer.
Get your own Trust list in BBCode at loyce.club/trust.

His trust score went up from 4: -1 / +5 to 707: -0 / +74, which means he's added almost all users who left him positive trust to his trust list.
I'd say this is not how DT1 should be used. Before jumping to conclusions and excluding him, I'm posting it here :)

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2290

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:10:45 PM

Or give them the ability to see both!

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
BitcoinTalk Public Information Project (BPIP)  - BPIP Reports
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 3911

Pedal-powered plaguebot

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:16:57 PM

glen123 (1) (Trust: -32: -5 / +0)

This one seems to be also evading red trust and possibly a ban: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1112287

mikeywith

Activity: 532
Merit: 1175

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:22:43 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 10:33:56 PM by mikeywith
Merited by EcuaMobi (1)

This is exactly why older more established members should be in charge of the trust system.

I have no comments about what's going on between you and others, as a matter of fact I do trust you a lot, and i do trust some people whom you don't trust and some people that don't trust you and i guess that's normal despite how messed up it looks.

but the quoted statement above is wrong at it's best.

here is a list of 78 confirmed scammers > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3486346.msg36123932#msg36123932

more than 90% of them were never tagged by the "older more established members " but rather by the "new comers" despite the fact that many of them have been scamming the forum long before the new system was implemented.

not saying this because I am a "new comer" DT member but i do not seem to understand why does older has to mean better judgment.

yes i have no clue about the past of this forum, don't know what did TMAN do to who and why does Lauda  not trust you and all that drama, and i honestly don't care , and I don't need to know all that shit to tag scammers.

let alone the simple fact that a few DT members alone can never handle a couple of hundreds if not thousands scammers coming in every week.

His trust score went up from 4: -1 / +5 to 707: -0 / +74, which means he's added almost all users who left him positive trust to his trust list.
I'd say this is not how DT1 should be used. Before jumping to conclusions and excluding him, I'm posting it here Smiley

nothing out of the ordinary , just a quick hack  " how to change untrusted feedback to trusted feedback". he forgot to add 4 members who gave him positive feedback tho, maybe because the risked BTC amount was not high enough.

his sent feedback is even worse.

this guy with no doubt does not deserve to be a DT member.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:31:16 PM

but i do not seem to understand why does older has to mean better judgment.

In the same way older people have more wisdom than children.  It comes with aging...

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to Prayer Messages (PMs).
"Masturbation makes you feel good but doesn't do anything for the person you're thinking of.  Just like prayer."
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1979

KnowNoBorders.io

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:34:58 PM

I'd say this is not how DT1 should be used. Before jumping to conclusions and excluding him, I'm posting it here Smiley

Does this link show 687: -0 / +72 for anyone else? On DT Breakdown, he shows as excluded:

Yet all his additions still show up on his profile for some reason. Tried with different browsers & clearing cache but same result.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 10:37:40 PM

Does this link show 687: -0 / +72 for anyone else? On DT Breakdown, he shows as excluded:

Yet all his additions still show up on his profile for some reason. Tried with different browsers & clearing cache but same result.
He's been just excluded now after LoyceV's post. I'd guess default trust (;dt) is cached once in a while. It should be updated after some time.

Clearly the main (only?) parameter for him to add someone into his trust list is having received positive trust from them. So excluding him from DT1 makes a huge difference in his trust.

mikeywith

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:40:45 PM

same here, also here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;dt  he still (1) despite the negative count in the Hierarchical view.

I think it takes time for these things to show up.

edit: it's showing 41: -0 / +5 now

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 11:03:29 PM

Could be a cache delay on server side.  I know how difficult it is to pull live data so often.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1074

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:07:37 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (4), OgNasty (2), LoyceV (2), TECSHARE (1), Steamtyme (1)

This is exactly why older more established members should be in charge of the trust system.

I have no comments about what's going on between you and others, as a matter of fact I do trust you a lot, and i do trust some people whom you don't trust and some people that don't trust you and i guess that's normal despite how messed up it looks.

but the quoted statement above is wrong at it's best.

here is a list of 78 confirmed scammers > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3486346.msg36123932#msg36123932

more than 90% of them were never tagged by the "older more established members " but rather by the "new comers" despite the fact that many of them have been scamming the forum long before the new system was implemented.

not saying this because I am a "new comer" DT member but i do not seem to understand why does older has to mean better judgment.

yes i have no clue about the past of this forum, don't know what did TMAN do to who and why does Lauda  not trust you and all that drama, and i honestly don't care , and I don't need to know all that shit to tag scammers.

let alone the simple fact that a few DT members alone can never handle a couple of hundreds if not thousands scammers coming in every week.

Tagging scammers is great and all but just because someone finds or tags a lot of scammers does not mean that they should be in charge of the politics of the forum or even have their political opinion highly valued. Which is DT1..
Their is a delicate balance of freedom vs control and I'm not sure many newer users understand the importance of the freedom part and the old values that this old forum has upheld all this time.

I think their may be a correlation that relatively newer members working themselves up the control ladder so fast may have an above average interest in control.

Also old members having been here a very long time have a much more solid track record of not scamming or using their position of power for the wrong reasons..
The users that have been here for 5 years or better have had all of the time in the world to scam if they were going to, while a user that has only been here around one year, and has successfully engaged in a lot of control seeking behavior, and trust/reputation seeking behavior, is a red flag risk..

This Space For Rent
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1745

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 11:16:30 PM

Tagging scammers is great and all but just because someone finds or tags a lot of scammers does not mean that they should be in charge of the politics of the forum or even have their political opinion highly valued. Which is DT1..
Their is a delicate balance of freedom vs control and I'm not sure many newer users understand the importance of the freedom part and the old values that this old forum has upheld all this time.
If I had any sMerit left, I would give this post merit.

I have noticed a lot of newer users are trigger happy when it comes to tagging users, and a lot of the time, they do not even try to defend their position when challenged. Some of these users receive a decent amount of trust for "tagging 'scammers'" and don't engage in trades, or very few trades, and are in DT1.

I have also noticed some users (also new), also call out many scammers, but seem to go largely unnoticed in terms of receiving trust, and don't get anywhere near DT1.

Roll Eyes

Find the fire hydrant in my Avatar for a prize.
mikeywith

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:32:27 PM

you are mixing things up here, a trustworthy user does not necessary mean a good reviewer, the initial purpose of the trust system was intended for that ONLY  > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.msg2221664#msg2221664

it was even named "Marketplace trust" when it was first implemented, just because some people use it for other purposes , it does not mean that it's good for anything else aside from mainly tagging scammers.

not being on DT does not reduce your right of free speech, not even having negative feed back does, in fact a few people with negative feedback post more than 100 other users combined on Meta alone, your theory would have been valid if the trust system limits you from posting or something like that.

aside from that a good DT member is one who spots scammers and abusers, if satoshi himself was to come back and not be active in terms of tagging scammers then he does not deserve to be a DT member, he would probably be the most trusted member but that's a whole different story.

so unless the community members are going to benefit from your position in terms of trading, then there is no reason why one should be on DT list just for their own self satisfaction.

If I had any sMerit left, I would give this post merit.

for obvious reasons you don't.

you are probably lean towards "older members prioritizing theory"  because you have been a member since 2014 and due to your untrustworthy actions you are way too far form being neither trusted nor on DT while some people have proven themselves both wise in terms of giving feedback and trading in under a year, you and many other members are  perfect examples of why older does not always mean better.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.