Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:34:33 AM

sorry started with 140k apple ii floppies hard to keep up..but anyway...screwed up as i may be my thought process on all this is evident

Searing

man! you were a late-comer... I got 6  Spectrum 48k (i think they were called something different in USA - Sinclair?) one christmas (5 of which were returned faulty) - favourite game? Manic Miner.

Pshh... If you didn't play tic-tac-toe using IBM punch cards, your a noob.  Wink

Edit: yes, under those conditions, I'm a noob too. Just sayin'. Wink

Back to the topic at hand, any plans for some smaller and more (ahem) affordable options using your chips?  Or for that matter, anyone who bought chips in bulk that are planning on  addressing the hobby-miner market?

I myself have a dedicated mining room with 230w/30amp connections (US) in relatively cool conditions and don't care about the noise (separate garage with a mining room), but it's the relative cost that's preventing me from jumping in with a Spondoolie order.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:36:58 AM

sorry started with 140k apple ii floppies hard to keep up..but anyway...screwed up as i may be my thought process on all this is evident

Searing

man! you were a late-comer... I got 6  Spectrum 48k (i think they were called something different in USA - Sinclair?) one christmas (5 of which were returned faulty) - favourite game? Manic Miner.

Pshh... If you didn't play tic-tac-toe using IBM punch cards, your a noob.  Wink

granted, i'm a noob  Wink
i'll stick to my SP10 for now!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:02:43 AM

Host to a DC , maybe then?

I love the idea but I have such an ungodly mix of gear that it would be impossible to find a hosting facility that would want my business. Bitfury rigs... you breath on them too hard and several boards go offline, lol. And not to mention my pile 'o crap, the FrankenJup.  Sad

I envy those of you who have homogenous setups with stacks of miners from the same manufacturer!
Yep, I'd love a rack full of SP10s.

I'm still running some old gear too, in fact I have four different ASICs mining:
ASICMINER
BFL
KnCMiner
Bitmain

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:09:09 AM

I love the idea but I have such an ungodly mix of gear that it would be impossible to find a hosting facility that would want my business. Bitfury rigs... you breath on them too hard and several boards go offline, lol. And not to mention my pile 'o crap, the FrankenJup.  Sad

I envy those of you who have homogenous setups with stacks of miners from the same manufacturer!

I'm still running some old gear too, in fact I have four different ASICs mining:
ASICMINER
BFL
KnCMiner
Bitmain

all my other manufacturer gear has been powered down, when i received my SP10, i may plug it back in winter when it gets too cold, but for now, the only rig running is running at a profit.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:37:08 AM

ASICMINER
BFL
KnCMiner
Bitmain

all my other manufacturer gear has been powered down, when i received my SP10, i may plug it back in winter when it gets too cold, but for now, the only rig running is running at a profit.

Damn coin is at 419.65 usd that is 10.711 btc...(419.65/4495 group buy price with the 10% off for previous asic purchase).....running the numbers on the sp30 it is damn hard to justify buying the sp30 toy...(sigh and I so like toys)..not a slam here just saying it is getting kinda interesting in the price per miner vs price per coin situation here lately....

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:47:21 AM

ASICMINER
BFL
KnCMiner
Bitmain

Damn coin is at 419.65 usd that is 10.711 btc...(419.65/4495 group buy price with the 10% off for previous asic purchase).....running the numbers on the sp30 it is damn hard to justify buying the sp30 toy...(sigh and I so like toys)..not a slam here just saying it is getting kinda interesting in the price per miner vs price per coin situation here lately....

Searing

i still reckon we'll se a €600 average for end 2014.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:55:09 AM

Ok guys, I pulled the trigger on my second SP30 in the August Group Buy.

Only two days to go. Don't be left behind at the station when the 0.46W/GH train departs. All that 1W/GH equipment is going to look like a power hog.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
jammertr

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:07:06 AM

for €600 average   we need and average price of about €700 average for the rest of the year.

is it possible ...

i do agree with Searing that the current prices make it very interesting
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:07:58 AM

Just for fun, i've pointed my SP10 at an altcoin 'ZimStake' today - it seems that the w/GH is ensuring profitability on an otherwise 'just for fun' coin.
as far as i'm concerned, this little(?) 1.4TH/s rig is never going to be obsolete, there is so much scope for profit outside of mining bitcoin, i never even realised.
just for fun at the moment tho... thought i'd share that.

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:24:53 AM

Only two days to go. Don't be left behind at the station when the 0.46W/GH train departs. All that 1W/GH equipment is going to look like a power hog.

You have done right !

I am so happy with this company!

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:19:56 PM

You have done right !

Almost every single ASIC manufacturer to date has missed their published power targets. I do think Spondoolies has done a great job so far, so don't get me wrong, but caveat emptor when you're buying a non-refundable product that doesn't even exist yet.

The Neptune looked like a great buy back in November, and we all know how that turned out, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Also, the competition doesn't stand still, and new companies like Spondoolies pop up out of no where from time to time, so it's impossible to predict what the market will look like in August.

One month in Bitcoinland is like one year in many other industries.
tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:22:22 PM

Also, the competition doesn't stand still, and new companies like Spondoolies pop up out of no where from time to time, so it's impossible to predict what the market will look like in August.

Can you please be a little more specific?

All is Mine!

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:26:30 PM

Can you please be a little more specific?

Spondoolies-Tech announced their existence on Match 18, 2014 (~6 weeks ago) in this very thread and started selling the best Bitcoin mining product on the market. Before that time, I'm sure most folks didn't know they existed.

If it happened once, it can happen again which is why I said that it is impossible to predict what the mining hardware market will look like in August 2014.

I also certainly failed to predict all the cheap Coincraft A1 clones that are currently flooding the market.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 12:42:10 PM

You have done right !

Almost every single ASIC manufacturer to date has missed their published power targets. I do think Spondoolies has done a great job so far, so don't get me wrong, but caveat emptor when you're buying a non-refundable product that doesn't even exist yet.

The Neptune looked like a great buy back in November, and we all know how that turned out, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

We'll meet our power targets and our schedule.
We're committed to 5.4 THs +- 10% and July delivery.

The SP30 will be able to produce over 6 THs. Probably over 6.5 THs with 2700 Watt (2 X 1200 rated PSUs, each PSU is able to input 1350 Watt)

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

The SP30 will be able to produce over 6 THs. Probably over 6.5 THs with 2700 Watt (2 X 1200 rated PSUs, each PSU is able to input 1350 Watt)

BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:45:47 PM

ASICMINER
BFL
KnCMiner
Bitmain

Searing

It will keep fluctuating but there will be rise once the situation in China stabilises and chinese exchanges implement methods to go around the restrictions. Probably through new contract with banks in Taiwan or Hong Kong and application of bitcoin ATMs and Bitcoin Debit/Credit Cards. Bitcoin is a great opportunity for wealthy chinese who try to emigrate from China to Australia and many other countries. They can easily flow their money out of China and then use it to aplly for citizneship through Invesor Migration Program in Australia (also similiar programs in many other countries):
http://www.australia-immigration.net/investor.htm

Also at some point within next few years dollar will collpase. There is a limit to this International Monetary Ponzi Scheme and it's debt ceiling. 2008 crash was just the beginning of the end of this scheme. Self appointed guardians of this monetary religion called economics (noithing to do with real economy and being economical) with their puppet governments have not learnt nothing from it and have actually made things worse by pumping more dollars and increasing debt. I call monetary economics a monetary astrology. It has nothing to do with science. They try to use complicated language, graphs, pseudo equations etc to confuse ordinary folk that it is something scientific. It's all bullshit When dollar collpases all other fiat currencies will collapse too as they are all dependent on dollar. All fiat currencies (many hundreds of them) have collapsed at some point within human history. Every single one. That's because of their constant devaluation and exponentially rising debt. Also because they are not fungible. They are not real funguble money like gold and silver. Just a fiat currencies. When people lose trust in dollar (fiat currencies) they will start looking for alternatives. That's where when bitcoin will kick in and it's value will rise dramatically.
Well informed people are capable of estimating future possibilities and use them as opportunity. They invest in gold, silver and bitcoins. Bitcoin is something between gold and fiat currency. It's neither fiat nor fungible as gold and silver. It has properties of currency and commodity.

I very much recommend this great series:
"Silver & Gold - Hidden Secrets of Money". Especially episode 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU

I also recommend older series called "Money as Debt".
tzortz

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:45:56 PM

You have done right !

We'll meet our power targets and our schedule.
We're committed to 5.4 THs +- 10% and July delivery.

THAT WAS  GOOD NEWS!

All is Mine!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:47:33 PM

How can you compare Neptune which is on 20nm node and a totally new chip with the Spondoolies RockerBox chips which is on 28nm and just a die shrink using Tick-Tock strategy from the best 40nm chip that is hashing since March? Also don't compare the lousy support from KnC which holds my refund for almost 3 weeks while they are mining 300k$ per day.

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:17:33 PM

there is so much scope for profit outside of mining bitcoin
Like cracking passwords which use sha(sha()) as hashing function?

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:21:26 PM

there is so much scope for profit outside of mining bitcoin
Like cracking passwords which use sha(sha()) as hashing function?

not my thing mate, do what you will.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: