Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259993 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:37:13 PM

The poisonous invective and schadenfreude towards KNC demonstrated by RoadStress, Raskul, Str8Guy, Edgar and others in this thread has been one of the primary reasons why I have no interest in participating in the Spoondoolies Tech group buy for the SP30.

Guy, it does your company a great dis-service to allow your thread to be dominated by the rancor and and ill will of these people towards your competitors and it does your company a great dis-service to associate with this sentiment.

Let your products succeed or fail on their merits, not the problems of others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:39:08 PM

The poisonous invective and schadenfreude towards KNC demonstrated by RoadStress, Raskul, Str8Guy, Edgar and others in this thread has been one of the primary reasons why I have no interest in participating in the Spoondoolies Tech group buy for the SP30.

Guy, it does your company a great dis-service to allow your thread to be dominated by the rancor and and ill will of these people towards your competitors and it does your company a great dis-service to associate with this sentiment.

tinfoil hat mate.

I'm concerned about KnC customers because i have friends who have retained their neptune orders..
these are people I drink with, in the pub, not random s1llvn4m3s on the internet.

before launching into personal abuse, get to know people first.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:40:56 PM

This thread isn't dominated at all by people who are angry at competitors. There are mentions from time to time, but calling it dominated is a bit too much don't you think?

I was also praising KnC on other threads long before Spondoolies came to the market. As i said i was always warning people about shady and good companies.

kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:43:24 PM

I had pre-orders with KNC, Terrahash, and BFL, and not one of them worked out the way I wanted. Ask folks who had pre-orders with Hashfast, Cointerra, Bitmine, or BlackArrow how well they did. The list of pre-order failures far outweighs the list of pre-order successes. At least I was lucky enough to get a refund, but others were not so lucky.

In fact, I think the only pre-order buyers that actually did OK were early Avalon and Knc customers.

But I'm sure it's different this time.

Also, all the RoadStress cheerleading for Spoondoolies reminds me a lot of what Bitcoinorama did for KNC last year.
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:48:08 PM

I had pre-orders with KNC, Terrahash, and BFL, and not one of them worked out the way I wanted. Ask folks who had pre-orders with Hashfast, Cointerra, Bitmine, or BlackArrow how well they did. The list of pre-order failures far outweighs the list of pre-order successes. At least I was lucky enough to get a refund, but others were not so lucky.

In fact, I think the only pre-order buyers that actually did OK were early Avalon and Knc customers.

I know I go on about it, but the only reason I cannot buy an SP30 in the group buy is due to a non-returned fund from a pre-order. And now we hear improved hashrate, it's a pain in the arse and it makes me even angrier at myself for being so silly with my money in the first place.

shit happens.

But, folks who are so blinkered and swayed by the opinions of others, that they refuse to buy in are probably better off not buying in, for their own good. In actual fact, s1llyn4m3 or whatever he calls himself would be better closing his door and not going out into the world, ever. It would be safer all round.

I think they call it  (cutting your nose off to spite your face).

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

In actual fact, s1llyn4m3 or whatever he calls himself would be better closing his door and not going out into the world, ever. It would be safer all round.

You can wiggle and squirm raskul, but you will never get off the hook.  Your actions bring Spondoolies-Tech into disrepute just by association.
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:02:05 PM

In actual fact, s1llyn4m3 or whatever he calls himself would be better closing his door and not going out into the world, ever. It would be safer all round.

You can wiggle and squirm raskul, but you will never get off the hook.  Your actions bring Spondoolies-Tech into disrepute just by association.

you are off your fucking head.  Cheesy

*coughs*

But, folks who are so blinkered and swayed by the opinions of others, that they refuse to buy in are probably better off not buying in, for their own good. In actual fact, s1llyn4m3 or whatever he calls himself would be better closing his door and not going out into the world, ever. It would be safer all round.

I think they call it  (cutting your nose off to spite your face).

Grin

jioy

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:05:32 PM

there is so much scope for profit outside of mining bitcoin
Like cracking passwords which use sha(sha()) as hashing function?

not my thing mate, do what you will.

what?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:32:31 PM

you are off your fucking head.  Cheesy

A scholar, gentleman and a man of refinement  … quod erat demonstratum
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:47:25 PM

Also, all the RoadStress cheerleading for Spoondoolies reminds me a lot of what Bitcoinorama did for KNC last year.

Bitcoinorama was right when he was cheerleading for Knc. He was only cheerleading for Jupiters and i tipped him 2 BTCs for his effort. I don't know what went wrong with your Jupiters, but for me the Jupiters were a fine product (the best at that time) even if i had a small problem with a blown up capacitor (was replaced in 3 working days by KnC). Since December/January KnC shifted from their customers to their own greed by building the massive DC even if they promised that they WON'T mine with more than 5% of what they sold. I don't think we saw Bitcoinorama support KnC since Nov/December last year.

As for being sure this time I shared my view here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.msg6278746#msg6278746 and you don't have to take my word. Feel free to judge by their launched product, by their team and lastly by their VCs who funded them. THEY won't allow SP-Tech to screw things over like every other company. I don't think it's how VCs firm work or not these one at least. Judge by the known facts and ignore what I think. For example do you really believe that Adam back would join a lying, shady company who wants to screw their customers? I don't.
Don't compare the other companies who were run by either engineers(KnC) or by business-men scammers (BFL, HashFail, etc) and don't blame the fact that you always rushed to get miners with blind faith and without proper research on other companies. I am proud of my past choices until now regarding miners (burnin's Avalon boards, Jupiters and SP10) and i wasn't burned until now, except by Avalon delaying chips. It seems that I'm better than you at making choices regarding miners, but yet you are the one questioning me right now. In 2 and half months i will prove myself and to the rest of the forum that i was right one more time.

Edit: Almost 2 days left for my GB. Last chance for this price!

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:53:58 PM

There's absolutely no justification for pre-orders to exist at this stage in bitcoin mining's hardware evolution. Just say no. Force companies to build it before they sell it, the way it should be.
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:03:27 PM

I have the funds.

I have done my research.

I rely on my instinct.

I choose Spondoolies.

I win.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
suzukii

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:03:40 PM

Hi Raskul & s1gs3gv.
I hear you both.  I hardIy ever write on the forum, but am an avid reader of the content here. I felt I should say something regarding my recent experience with an attempted purchase & refund at the risk of receiving a tongue lashing from the members here ( 😱 ).

I see where you're both coming from.
Like others who've come to their senses a bit too late, I, too, have gotten tired of the "here's my money & send me my equipment when you're don't mining with it" purchase tactics.
Please understand that I'm not here to bash anyone, just sharing my 1st experience at a preorder of this magnitude, $10k +.

After waiting since the end of February/2014 for my Knc Neptune, 2nd batch 20nm miner to arrive (when they said it would be available 2nd quarter of 2014, I didn't know it meant the last day of June), I've cancelled my order this past Friday, receiving an email stating that my refund will unhappily be refunded. 
They made it known in the same email that it may will take longer then the usual 10 business day return time frame.
I'm guessing it'll be some time before August. They'll probably make sure I loose even more BitCoin mining revenue by not being able to partake in the purchase of one of Spondoolies purchases I planned on with the refund or other competitors products.
I'm done with buying products that cannot be delivered within a reasonable time frame, not 3-4 months after receiving my $$$.
Is 14 days or less too much to ask for if the vendor/manufacturer is requiring pre-orders or any type of a waiting period?

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:07:48 PM

There's absolutely no justification for pre-orders to exist at this stage in bitcoin mining's hardware evolution. Just say no. Force companies to build it before they sell it, the way it should be.

Will you fund the R&D and the chip mask of new companies?

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 03:46:51 PM by kendog77

Bitcoinorama was right when he was cheerleading for Knc. He was only cheerleading for Jupiters and i tipped him 2 BTCs for his effort. I don't know what went wrong with your Jupiters, but for me the Jupiters were a fine product (the best at that time) even if i had a small problem with a blown up capacitor (was replaced in 3 working days by KnC). Since December/January KnC shifted from their customers to their own greed by building the massive DC even if they promised that they WON'T mine with more than 5% of what they sold. I don't think we saw Bitcoinorama support KnC since Nov/December last year.

As for being sure this time I shared my view here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.msg6278746#msg6278746 and you don't have to take my word. Feel free to judge by their launched product, by their team and lastly by their VCs who funded them. THEY won't allow SP-Tech to screw things over like every other company. I don't think it's how VCs firm work or not these one at least. Judge by the known facts and ignore what I think. For example do you really believe that Adam back would join a lying, shady company who wants to screw their customers? I don't.
Don't compare the other companies who were run by either engineers(KnC) or by business-men scammers (BFL, HashFail, etc) and don't blame the fact that you always rushed to get miners with blind faith and without proper research on other companies. I am proud of my past choices until now regarding miners (burnin's Avalon boards, Jupiters and SP10) and i wasn't burned until now, except by Avalon delaying chips. It seems that I'm better than you at making choices regarding miners, but yet you are the one questioning me right now. In 2 and half months i will prove myself and to the rest of the forum that i was right one more time.

My Jupiters are fine. It's my Neptune pre-orders that tanked, but at least KNC refunded the purchase which is more than I can say about the Spondoolies-Tech pre-order terms. If Spondoolies-Tech is so confident in their ability to deliver the SP30 on spec and on time, they should put their money where their mouth is and allow for refunds.

Don't worry about me, I'll be OK. All of my hardware has already earned more BTC than I spent on it (8TH and climbing of Ants, Jupiters, and Dragons because I'm a hardware whore). My farm will be much larger before a single SP30 ships.

Tech companies much larger than Spondoolies-Tech experience delays all the time (Intel, Apple, Nvidia, ...), so don't act like the SP30 is a risk free investment because it's not. For better or worse, it's obvious that you have hitched your wagon to Spondoolies-Tech so I hope that works out for you. Otherwise, you're going to be dealing with a lot of pissed off folks on this forum come August.

Also, acting like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity is absurd. If the SP30 is such a great product and is miles ahead of every other competitors product come August, which I think is very unlikely, it's not like Spondoolies-Tech will not offer more for sale. The real question is whether or not the potential return for the extra risk taken for a 3 month plus pre-order will be worthwhile. IMHO, with BTC at $440, the answer is an obvious no, but if others wish to take a 3 month plus risk with their BTC, go for it.

I'm having flashbacks to last year when BTC spiked from $100 to $1000 in a matter of weeks and people were complaining about their $50,000 plus BabyJets. If something similar happens again between now and August, a lot of folks are going to receive some very expensive SP30s.  
raskul

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:12:57 PM

folks need to remember, what we have here is a very new company, with honourable intentions towards miners, attempting to help spread the network as widely as possible. It would be impossible to succeed in this if the funds were not available to progress in this endeavour. TSMC aren't going to just tape out a chip for a company without substantial payment in the first instance. A new company like this also has their own preorders to fulfil.

If you want the best, then i'm afraid, you have to pay for it, and wait for it, it's just how this world works.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:28:04 PM

Firstly I don't agree that raskul and roadstress are shilling, I think they are pretty open about and enthusiastic about the products, maybe a bit spammy on some threads but nothing too OTT.

Secondly, its 3+ months till August. Smiley

Thirdly, with regards to Spondoolies hardware, I think its a mixed bag. Yes the chips are efficient, reasonably priced and with the SP10 pretty much readily available, and yes the group buy gets you the promise of a lot of TH for pretty much half of what it would cost you from anyone else or even from themselves on their web site..

But, and I won't go into it in detail here, their kit is heavily designed for the massive datacenter deployment which isn't to everyones tastes, and its still a risky pre-order no matter what assurances anyone gives you. They are verbal assurances and will be worth zero if it all goes to hell in a handbasket ala Hashfast, Bitmaine and Blackarrow with delays at best and cancellations at worst.

I truly hope it doesn't, and I sort of get how people are likening it to KnC a bit with a great initial launch of product, followed up with the promise of something awesome, I hope it works out for everyone, but I also reckon that you would have to be a bit naive to think that the SP30 will be out there on its own with no competition at the price point or even efficiency level. You think the Chinese are going to stop? You think that Innosilicon, the Avalon people, AM etc are just going to give up? I think theres even a reasonable probablility that KnC will have Neptune out there before then even though some may scoff.

I have no axe to grind, I'm hardware agnostic, I'm a bit like Roadstress in that I had good luck with purchase decisions for myself and my clients & friends, going from GPU's to USB miners to BFL Singles to KnC (twice), Bitmain S1's, Dragons and Bitmain S2, so haven't be burned, yet. I even have a 0 day low order number Neptune still, I'm holding on to it until KnC are late, and to me they won't be late till June. I still mine scrypt on GPU's, in fact they pay the electricity for themselves and on my ASICS.

I'm in a consolidation mode at the moment, I'm just about to dump this months mined coins into the cold wallet and then will look at where next to buy. It might be SP10's it might be something else, the one thing you can count on in this game is that there is always a deal to be had somewhere Smiley

I predict the next round of miners coming out of China will be significantly cheaper than the last round. I know that already the 820GH Avalon machine is down to 1900$ delivered, so am expecting the A1 boxes to drop accordingly and for newer 1.2/1.6/2 TH machines to be out sooner rather than later.

But again, good luck on the group buy, I wish I could be part of it, and if I suddenly get a windfall in the next two days I probably will Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
solarion

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:37:10 PM

Sure I'll chip in. Do I get a share of the profits? NO YOU SAY?!?

Tried funding production after tape out at one pre-order company and got burned. I know it's an old story.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:41:42 PM

My Jupiters are fine. It's my Neptune pre-orders that tanked, but at least KNC refunded the purchase which is more than I can say about the Spondoolies-Tech pre-order terms. If Spondoolies-Tech is so confident in their ability to deliver the SP30 on spec and on time, they should put their money where their mouth is and allow for refunds.

Don't worry about me, I'll be OK. All of my hardware has already earned more BTC than I spent on it (8TH and climbing of Ants, Jupiters, and Dragons because I'm a hardware whore), and I also have a decent amount of BTC in the wallet. My farm will be much larger before a single SP30 ships.

Tech companies much larger than Spondoolies-Tech experience delays all the time (Intel, Apple, Nvidia, ...), so don't act like the SP30 is a risk free investment because it's not. For better or worse, it's obvious that you have hitched your wagon to Spondoolies-Tech so I hope that works out for you. Otherwise, you're going to be dealing with a lot of pissed off folks on this forum come August.

Also, acting like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity is absurd. If the SP30 is such a great product and is miles ahead of every other competitors product come August, which I think is very unlikely, it's not like Spondoolies-Tech will not offer more for sale. The real question is whether or not the potential return for the extra risk taken for a 3 month plus pre-order will be worthwhile. IMHO, with BTC at $440, the answer is an obvious no, but if others wish to take a 3 month plus risk with their BTC, go for it.

I'm having flashbacks to last year when BTC spiked from $100 to $1000 in a matter of weeks and people were complaining about their $50,000 plus BabyJets. If something similar happens again between now and August, a lot of folks are going to receive some very expensive SP30s.  

Want to buy my 2 Nov Jupiters?
What will you do with your farm after all SP30 units start hashing?
Having a crystal ball which tells us the exchange rate in a few months would help us all make the better decision. If you are afraid that BTC will increase 10x times or more then don't spend BTC and just spend fiat. If you don't have any fiat then just hold BTC. When making a decision you HAVE to take into consideration all things which include the rising of the exchange rate or the non-rising of the exchange rate. Be ready for both scenarios and don't blame anyone for not making the right decision or for spending all your money on a thing that didn't got you the maximum return. But if BTC goes to 1000$ then a SP30 would be only 10k$ so i'm satisfied with that. I paid 10k$ (without VAT) for a 3TH Neptune, getting 6.5TH for the same 10k$ is just fine for me so i won't complain.

Secondly, its 3+ months till August. Smiley

I hope it works out for everyone, but I also reckon that you would have to be a bit naive to think that the SP30 will be out there on its own with no competition at the price point or even efficiency level. You think the Chinese are going to stop? You think that Innosilicon, the Avalon people, AM etc are just going to give up? I think theres even a reasonable probablility that KnC will have Neptune out there before then even though some may scoff.

I predict the next round of miners coming out of China will be significantly cheaper than the last round. I know that already the 820GH Avalon machine is down to 1900$ delivered, so am expecting the A1 boxes to drop accordingly and for newer 1.2/1.6/2 TH machines to be out sooner rather than later.

SP-Tech will have chips in hand early July, i hope that we will get some kind of demo or some performance numbers long before they start shipping units.

I don't think SP30 will have no competition, but i do think that the SP30 will be among the first ones (if not the first one) with that efficiency. AM is still struggling with their gen3 chip and it seems to be on pair with SP10 chips, KnC's 20nm chip will be around SP10 efficiency level too so it will take some time to catch up for the rest of the companies. As for China clones and such they may sell 1TH for 500$, but if they suck at power efficiency it's no good. By the time the competition will catch up with SP30 i'm sure that SP-Tech will be one step ahead.

solarion

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:46:24 PM

Paying for August delivery in late April is NUTS. The number of variables to consider between then and now makes an informed decision impossible.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: