Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:59:35 PM

If this coin gets forked in the way you suggest I'm out.  This is just getting ridiculous.

Well i have no power over the coin, i am just suggesting the same thing i suggested to qrk.

There is no funds for development, that seems the key issue. If the community does not want it forked and super block created for development then don't do it.

We can keep asking for donations. QRK is in the same position, nobody will donate anythign so no major developments seem to take place

I hold a a bit of WC and yes 10% dilution seems radical. However, if that 10% was held by escrows and only released over time to fund a hardcore development team to get something going for WC and the price went back to 2k sats + then 10% looks like a great investment.

But sure it was only a suggestion. I am not part of the dev team just a holder of WC.

Would like to see some new developments taking place here though, and some serious marketing. We could have retained some great devs that helped brough WC back from dead, instead there was no funding no donations and they went to crypt. See the problem here? crypts entire price is being based off of the work of Mindfox who was here helping to fix WC. He is now leading the crypt coin anon development and their coin just went to 250K sat.

We all want whiteout and new features and marketing, but unlike coins like drk where the current devs hold a lot of coins for their motivation and development costs I don't think our devs have much to work with, hence developments will be slow or non existent.

Ownski

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:32:12 PM

This coin is hemorrhaging, I would like to come here with some type of good news or supportive attitude but I don't see it. The market is dead, the volume for the last day or two has been from everyone dumping WC. The multi pool has been barely keeping it a float.

We have no direction. I feel that by creating the WCF and making this into a "community coin" we shot ourselves in the foot when we really needed someone with a clear vision to take this coin. Instead we got a giant circle jerk where everyone pats themselves on the back and nothing ever gets done. If you asked me where I see us in a week, I honestly couldn't tell you but It doesn't look good. Some may call me negative but this is reality. Time to wake up. Time to consider cutting losses.

I walk the neutral line, you have to when you are in this field. You have to balance the good and bad and make decisions/changes based on them. Most of you wont like what I have to say but you have to face the facts. I respect mogonzo and everyone else who has done a great job with this coin but I will leave you with this quote,

“Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”

― Warren Buffett

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

This coin is hemorrhaging, I would like to come here with some type of good news or supportive attitude but I don't see it. The market is dead, the volume for the last day or two has been from everyone dumping WC. The multi pool has been barely keeping it a float.

We have no direction. I feel that by creating the WCF and making this into a "community coin" we shot ourselves in the foot when we really needed someone with a clear vision to take this coin. Instead we got a giant circle jerk where everyone pats themselves on the back and nothing ever gets done. If you asked me where I see us in a week, I honestly couldn't tell you but It doesn't look good. Some may call me negative but this is reality. Time to wake up. Time to consider cutting losses.

I walk the neutral line, you have to when you are in this field. You have to balance the good and bad and make decisions/changes based on them. Most of you wont like what I have to say but you have to face the facts. I respect mogonzo and everyone else who has done a great job with this coin but I will leave you with this quote,

“Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”

― Warren Buffett

People are dumping all coins trying to get in on the lastest hype coins, we need to be one of those coins at the top of each hype.... this costs money and requires constant work. Hence you need a big development pot. Whitecoin is already rock bottom price, can't see it can go lower.

Ownski

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

― Warren Buffett

People are dumping all coins trying to get in on the lastest hype coins, we need to be one of those coins at the top of each hype.... this costs money and requires constant work. Hence you need a big development pot. Whitecoin is already rock bottom price, can't see it can go lower.

Lets hope we get our time in the spotlight again

birddog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:55:15 PM

― Warren Buffett

Sorry you feel that way Ownski,

To be honest, I didn't expect to hear any good news or supportive attitude coming from you. If you didn't notice, the posts before yours were in discussion of a potentially game changing development. Lots of great thoughts and ideas coming from the community. Rather than offering your views and insight on this topic, you chose to make yourself feel better by writing a post to justify your feelings about the short term market fluctuations.

"You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.”
― Warren Buffett
vleroybrown

Activity: 1158
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Have we reached out to any potential hot white model/actress types yet to be the personal face and image of whitecoin. I really feel like this will add so much to the coins image that it will carry the markets interest and communities participation to a level comparable to Dogecoin and better as that coin is a joke and more than double the inflationary pressure than WC.
Ownski

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:41:09 PM

― Warren Buffett

To be honest, I didn't expect to hear any good news or supportive attitude coming from you. If you didn't notice, the posts before yours were in discussion of a potentially game changing development. Lots of great thoughts and ideas coming from the community. Rather than offering your views and insight on this topic, you chose to make yourself feel better by writing a post to justify your feelings about the short term market fluctuations.

"You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.”
― Warren Buffett

An anon feature isn't what Whitecoin needs right now and you can potentially risk doing even more damage if anything goes wrong during the process. I don't care what you think about my posts. I'm not in the business of blowing smoke up peoples rear.

birddog

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:49:09 PM

― Warren Buffett

― Warren Buffett

An anon feature isn't what Whitecoin needs right now and you can potentially risk doing even more damage if anything goes wrong during the process. I don't care what you think about my posts. I'm not in the business of blowing smoke up peoples rear.

Thats great. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Its easy to point fingers in retrospect and say "this is wrong.. you shouldn't have done that etc.." But can you offer any ideas for the future? Things the WCF should focus on to move forward? What would you like to see Ownski?
Ownski

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:56:27 PM

Here are some ideas that could attract more investors and the reasoning behind it. I'll call it Ownskis Expeto Auctus

• Reduction to 3 Million Market Cap (100 to 1 ratio) This will create less coins but increase the value and scarcity which investors like (DRK,CINNI,etc) So if you have 1,000WC right now it would become 10WC. This would also increase the price to reflect that (130sat=13,000sat)
  • Website facelift The current websites need a major facelift. The WCF foundation index page looks like a clown show, no theme or consistency (very bad) I would recommend using some of the WCF BTC funds to pay for a professional to redo it. It would be money very well spent.
  • Facebook/Twitter/Reddit Marketing This would also require BTC funds from the WCF bank but would be a nescassary expense to help build up the community. Daily advertising could be bought for a mere $5 a day for each venue. I use social media marketing for my business and it is very successful. I can't stress it enough.
  • Whiteout Anon feature This is a good idea but should be carefully implemented. Whitecoin took its biggest hits when the block chain forked and/or had security problems. If it can be professionally integrated and tested before release, it could be the holy grail for the community.

vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:59:54 PM

Here are some ideas that could attract more investors and the reasoning behind it. I'll call it Ownskis Expeto Auctus

• Reduction to 3 Million Market Cap (100 to 1 ratio) This will create less coins but increase the value and scarcity which investors like (DRK,CINNI,etc) So if you have 1,000WC right now it would become 10WC. This would also increase the price to reflect that (130sat=13,000sat)
  • Website facelift The current websites need a major facelift. The WCF foundation index page looks like a clown show, no theme or consistency (very bad) I would recommend using some of the WCF BTC funds to pay for a professional to redo it. It would be money very well spent.
  • Facebook/Twitter/Reddit Marketing This would also require BTC funds from the WCF bank but would be a nescassary expense to help build up the community. Daily advertising could be bought for a mere $5 a day for each venue. I use social media marketing for my business and it is very successful. I can't stress it enough.
  • Whiteout Anon feature This is a good idea but should be carefully implemented. Whitecoin took its biggest hits when the block chain forked and/or had security problems. If it can be professionally integrated and tested before release, it could be the holy grail for the community.

I agree on all points except the reverse split.  As part of the website revamp I repeat, have we reached out to any potential hot white model/actress types to be the personal face and image of whitecoin. I really feel like this will add so much to the coins image that it will carry the markets interest and communities participation to a level comparable to Dogecoin and better as that coin is a joke and more than double the inflationary pressure than WC.  I have 5 super fine sisters and a couple of which may be considered if yall want me to ask.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:10:31 PM

I agree on all points except the reverse split.  As part of the website revamp I repeat, have we reached out to any potential hot white model/actress types to be the personal face and image of whitecoin. I really feel like this will add so much to the coins image that it will carry the markets interest and communities participation to a level comparable to Dogecoin and better as that coin is a joke and more than double the inflationary pressure than WC.  I have 5 super fine sisters and a couple of which may be considered if yall want me to ask.

Yep let's get some hot sisters in on the action too.

Whiteout whitepaper and a real dev to build it first task. Mogonzo is not a coder i guess this is a bit of an issue. Hence the need to give incentive for some coders to JOIN WC longterm. No point hoarding your WC or rejecting a 10% dilution if the coin doesn't go anywhere. You notice the coders hacking away every day and leading their communities? they are holding a lot of the coins that is there incentive. You can't sit around hoping some generous coder will come in and build all your desired features with no incentive.

Anyway i like WC i'll keep checking back to see how things are going. Not selling mine anyway.

vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

Yep let's get some hot sisters in on the action too.

Whiteout whitepaper and a real dev to build it first task. Mogonzo is not a coder i guess this is a bit of an issue. Hence the need to give incentive for some coders to JOIN WC longterm. No point hoarding your WC or rejecting a 10% dilution if the coin doesn't go anywhere. You notice the coders hacking away every day and leading their communities? they are holding a lot of the coins that is there incentive. You can't sit around hoping some generous coder will come in and build all your desired features with no incentive.

Anyway i like WC i'll keep checking back to see how things are going. Not selling mine anyway.

done.. I will let you guys know what they say!

Hey Sisters,

I have a question for both of you as I believe you are the finest white woman I know.  Would you be interested in becoming a face of a new money system called WhiteCoin.  Jasmine was liking the idea of mine to get a model involved and the communities suggestion was someone doesn't mind being portrayed as a genie in a silver Togo type top that can make your every dream a reality!   HAHA like that old TV show we use to watch.  If you are interested I can't say you will be compensated but I would guess you could be Whitecoin rich if the shots come out as something the community uses.  Let me know after you ask you men if they mind your crazy bother making you a money star?

Love,

V. Leroy Brown
birddog

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:26:30 PM

Thats what I'm talking about! Excellent input and ideas Ownski!  Grin

Coin Reduction- I like the idea of a coin reduction. I would like to see how the rest of the community feels about this as well as other ratios/methods of implementing.

Website- I can tell you right now cryptoseo and I are working on giving whitecoin.info a facelift. We plan to clean up the look and feel in a way that will better reflect the new logo. New splash page, new template etc..

Facebook/Twitter/Reddit is being worked on as well. If you haven't noticed, @Whitecoiner https://twitter.com/WhiteCoiner has gotten a facelift and we are making an effort to create consistent and relevant tweets on a regular basis. A Reddit Tipbot is also in the works. Marketing for these Social outlets is a great idea, I will work on creating some new Whitecoin banners with the new logo for advertising. I will say, we do need to have more action on Reddit and Facebook. So if you all could be a little more active on those outlets and comment and upvote it would help a great deal.

Whiteout Anon Feature- This is a concept I am very excited about and I feel the rest of the community agrees. You are right, it will need to be carefully implemented. We have some excellent devs in our network and we will be consulting them about how we can go about implementing this in a safe and secure manner.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

Reducing the amount of holders coins isn't the answer since in X amount of years, WC will run into same problem again. You'd have to cap the amount of coins produced for that to work.

Besides: 1000 WC at 150 sat is same as 10 WC at 15000 sat. So there's no difference...

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:34:47 PM

Thats what I'm talking about! Excellent input and ideas Ownski!  Grin

Coin Reduction- I like the idea of a coin reduction. I would like to see how the rest of the community feels about this as well as other ratios/methods of implementing.

Website- I can tell you right now cryptoseo and I are working on giving whitecoin.info a facelift. We plan to clean up the look and feel in a way that will better reflect the new logo. New splash page, new template etc..

Facebook/Twitter/Reddit is being worked on as well. If you haven't noticed, @Whitecoiner https://twitter.com/WhiteCoiner has gotten a facelift and we are making an effort to create consistent and relevant tweets on a regular basis. A Reddit Tipbot is also in the works. Marketing for these Social outlets is a great idea, I will work on creating some new Whitecoin banners with the new logo for advertising. I will say, we do need to have more action on Reddit and Facebook. So if you all could be a little more active on those outlets and comment and upvote it would help a great deal.

Whiteout Anon Feature- This is a concept I am very excited about and I feel the rest of the community agrees. You are right, it will need to be carefully implemented. We have some excellent devs in our network and we will be consulting them about how we can go about implementing this in a safe and secure manner.

The other ideas are good but coin reduction? what is the point of it. People look at market caps mostly. I see nothing gained by reducing minting to 3M. NXT have 1 BILLION it seems okay. 300M is a good number. What is the logic with reducing amount of coins?

Whiteout should be the focus right now. Need to get on to this at once. Who are the devs in the network? Just a decent whitepaper for WC in the next couple of days would be good. However of course need the dev talent to build it out.

dreambox700

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

Coin Reduction - no, who need more coins which are very few, we do not want to assume the role of Bitcoin?
Other ideas ok.
Ownski

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:46:04 PM

Coin reduction is more of a psychological affect. People value something that there is less of with a higher value regardless. This is human nature regardless of the market cap. That's why artificial scarcity exists, look at diamonds and gold

dreambox700

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:02:51 PM

Coin reduction is more of a psychological affect. People value something that there is less of with a higher value regardless. This is human nature regardless of the market cap. That's why artificial scarcity exists, look at diamonds and gold
I do not believe that this psychology can help. This helps good marketing, something new coin will give a unique value, the reduction is not good. It has been shown in blizcoin reduced the amount of value through blizcoin-distro but the price has remained the same.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:34:52 PM

I like the idea of a privacy feature.  Having it optional would be nice, as I think only true wallet to wallet transfers would be where the need lies, not necessarily an exchange.  The technical sides needs to be vetted, but i believe if the support exists, the technical creation we can pull together.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteCoinJesus

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:38:38 PM

If timed right I do beleive Ownski is on to something here with the coin reduction.

As for the ads I will donate a few neteller $'s to get the campaigns started. Last I checked I struggled to find subreddits associated to crypto currency that had openings for ads but for sure the Facebook is a no brainer and I am sure pretty easy to target in.

Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: