Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:08:49 AM

Kosmos&CO, I finished the migration of Bitpay Insight API into KARMA coin. The block explorer is fully functional with real-time updates via RPC. You can find it here: http://162.243.209.71:3000/

The next task is to rename BTC into KARM/KARMA in GUI. - should be easy

Most of people do not realize how important is Insight API, it is amazing wrapper on bitcoin wallet. It allows people to easily create web wallets and web services. With this API hosted on trusted server web developers can easily implement KARMA into their web pages without need to run own KARMA wallet. When I was searching how to port it, I realized there were many other alt coins trying to port it which failed. Insight API does not work for POW/POS or POS coins. Many POW coins tried and failed to implement it. Very few were successful.

Check https://github.com/bitpay/insight-api for more info.

I will write some JS code to test the API if it work with KARM well.

The next task is to run CoinPunk wallet: https://coinpunk.com/, it is awesome web wallet written in JavaScript, browser based. So anyone lazy to download and sync KARMA wallet can go to coinpunk server, create his JS wallet in seconds and use it thanks to Insight API.

I will take care of it later, when I do the tests with JavaScript transactions if they work correctly.

Great!
Can this be used to get distribution, rich list shares?

PS: Need to change units from BTC to KARMA
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:28:17 AM

Kosmos&CO, I finished the migration of Bitpay Insight API into KARMA coin. The block explorer is fully functional with real-time updates via RPC. You can find it here: http://162.243.209.71:3000/

Most of people do not realize how important is Insight API, it is amazing wrapper on bitcoin wallet. It allows people to easily create web wallets and web services. With this API hosted on trusted server web developers can easily implement KARMA into their web pages without need to run own KARMA wallet. When I was searching how to port it, I realized there were many other alt coins trying to port it which failed. Insight API does not work for POW/POS or POS coins. Many POW coins tried and failed to implement it. Very few were successful.

The next task is to run CoinPunk wallet: https://coinpunk.com/, it is awesome web wallet written in JavaScript, browser based. So anyone lazy to download and sync KARMA wallet can go to coinpunk server, create his JS wallet in seconds and use it thanks to Insight API.

I will take care of it later, when I do the tests with JavaScript transactions if they work correctly.

Great!

I am afraid not, as I mentioned before I start to work on it. Insight API explorer solves the problem of searching compared to old explorer. It does not solve the rich list. If we want Rich List, we should still go and pay those 0,25 BTC / year(It is way cheaper than to develop it by us).

Insight API is backbone for easy payment system implementation, Insight explorer is just cool explorer.   Anyway, my opinion is there are so many new web pages about alt coins created daily, sooner or later someone will take care about rich list feature and other stats.  Karma should work on increasing value than someone will come and create as many stats as you can imagine. If we give people easy tools how to play with KARM, they will create games, services anything they can imagine. Every non crypto service can be ported into crypto service. Lets make tools well documented, so even noob devs can use it. If people can embed KARM into web just by few rows of JS, lets work on it. Do not focus on creating all the services yourself, let common people to start their own KARMA business easily. Lets create plugins for wordpress and other CMS frameworks, so they can implement KARM by few clicks. The easier this process is, the more web devs you get. Every Web has visitors/customers. KARM can increase 100x value just by creating such easy to use web services.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:04:39 AM

Kosmost&CO, I finished the migration of Bitpay Insight API into KARMA coin. The block explorer is fully functional with real-time updates via RPC. You can find it here: http://162.243.209.71:3000/

Wonderful. This is very good stuff!

Please let us know when it is fully functional. I suppose you can use Digital Ocean (as you suggested) and copy the image over or perhaps Linode (what I am using now). I will then order it and change the DNS record for explorer.karmacoin.me to the appropriate (new) location.

Once it is fully-functional I will encourage our community to donate some Karma or BTC your way for your efforts. It's good to see people step up to the plate.

Thanks again!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:08:35 AM

I am afraid not, as I mentioned before I start to work on it. Insight API explorer solves the problem of searching compared to old explorer. It does not solve the rich list. If we want Rich List, we should still go and pay those 0,25 BTC / year(It is way cheaper than to develop it by us).

Insight API is backbone for easy payment system implementation, Insight explorer is just cool explorer.   Anyway, my opinion is there are so many new web pages about alt coins created daily, sooner or later someone will take care about rich list feature and other stats.  Karma should work on increasing value than someone will come and create as many stats as you can imagine. If we give people easy tools how to play with KARM, they will create games, services anything they can imagine. Every non crypto service can be ported into crypto service. Lets make tools well documented, so even noob devs can use it. If people can embed KARM into web just by few rows of JS, lets work on it. Do not focus on creating all the services yourself, let common people to start their own KARMA business easily. Lets create plugins for wordpress and other CMS frameworks, so they can implement KARM by few clicks. The easier this process is, the more web devs you get. Every Web has visitors/customers. KARM can increase 100x value just by creating such easy to use web services.

I love the way you think. This is so true. Once we add more value a lot of these other things will take care of themselves.

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:29:32 AM

Kosmost&CO, I finished the migration of Bitpay Insight API into KARMA coin. The block explorer is fully functional with real-time updates via RPC. You can find it here: http://162.243.209.71:3000/

Wonderful. This is very good stuff!

Please let us know when it is fully functional. I suppose you can use Digital Ocean (as you suggested) and copy the image over or perhaps Linode (what I am using now). I will then order it and change the DNS record for explorer.karmacoin.me to the appropriate (new) location.

Once it is fully-functional I will encourage our community to donate some Karma or BTC your way for your efforts. It's good to see people step up to the plate.

Thanks again!

Digital Ocean have only snapshots. I can create snapshot and transfer it to another Digital ocean user. I don't know how to transfer it to linode.  Server has to run on SSD drive, it will be very slow on classic HDD. I checked linode SSD servers, the cheapest is , (Linode 2G   48 GB   2 cores   3 TB   250 Mbps   $0.03/hr | $20/mo), so it is $20/month. Digital ocean has $10/month for 1 GB ram server. $20 for 2 GB ram. So 2 GB server has same price. Since it would be great to run there Coinpunk wallet and if it is possible to port Copay (https://copay.io/) than Copay too, 2 GB ram server will be better.

The problem is, I am running it on server, where I am hosting some other web pages, so I can't create and transfer you snapshot anyway. So the options are I will run new image, install everything on clean server and than transfer droplet to your digital ocean account. Than you can think about how to move it to linode, if you really need that.

Or you give me access to some ubuntu clean server and I will install it there.

But first, I will finish GUI conversion (BTC-> KARM), test API , and install Coinpunk web wallet. It will take me few days, I do not have much spare time right now.

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:42:40 AM

Exciting stuff, thanks for the good work socoban! Karma could benefit greatly from an easy to use API service for websites and apps. Maybe that's even something ptman and I could use for the Karma game, we're kinda stuck implementing the backend/payout system. Will need to read up on this API, thanks for the links and info.

DStefanov

Activity: 425

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:11:59 AM

@ptman, how's the development of the game elephant? Your game has become a favorite game of my son who is 4 and he only now to be several million miles he!  Grin Grin It's good money to be transferred directly to the donation and development of KARMA!
On a good way to attract more miners to create some small quests to solve and true original decision to donate KARMA's. Also from time to time to give away as a bonus KARMA's for something! The truth is that everyone wants to get as much as possible without giving something of themselves .... the idea is simple quests and a little KARMA for everyone! It will not be a big expense, but the idea going to come out and lead many investors. This is the psychology of many banks ... give you vouchers worth € 100 in your hands and not like them, have them spend it without thinking how it will come back. But this creates clients and work.
Excuse my bad English and I hope I understood!

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:50:40 AM

Exciting stuff, thanks for the good work socoban! Karma could benefit greatly from an easy to use API service for websites and apps. Maybe that's even something ptman and I could use for the Karma game, we're kinda stuck implementing the backend/payout system. Will need to read up on this API, thanks for the links and info.

I was thinking about exactly the same stuff during a bus trip after reading socoban's post about the API.

After we make some small adjustments to the game mechanics and we sort out a (secure) way to pay the game player based on his/her performance playing the game we can launch a first version of the game in the Android Play Store.

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:29:12 PM

Digital Ocean have only snapshots. I can create snapshot and transfer it to another Digital ocean user. I don't know how to transfer it to linode.  Server has to run on SSD drive, it will be very slow on classic HDD. I checked linode SSD servers, the cheapest is , (Linode 2G   48 GB   2 cores   3 TB   250 Mbps   $0.03/hr | $20/mo), so it is $20/month. Digital ocean has $10/month for 1 GB ram server. $20 for 2 GB ram. So 2 GB server has same price. Since it would be great to run there Coinpunk wallet and if it is possible to port Copay (https://copay.io/) than Copay too, 2 GB ram server will be better.

The problem is, I am running it on server, where I am hosting some other web pages, so I can't create and transfer you snapshot anyway. So the options are I will run new image, install everything on clean server and than transfer droplet to your digital ocean account. Than you can think about how to move it to linode, if you really need that.

Or you give me access to some ubuntu clean server and I will install it there.

But first, I will finish GUI conversion (BTC-> KARM), test API , and install Coinpunk web wallet. It will take me few days, I do not have much spare time right now.

Digital Ocean is fine. I will wait for you to finish and then provide you with the  information so you can transfer the droplet.

Thanks for your work on this. I'm sure lots of users will appreciate it!

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:40:43 PM

Recommended post.
10,000 Karma sent to you for your work. Thank you!

Great!

Insight API is backbone for easy payment system implementation, Insight explorer is just cool explorer.   Anyway, my opinion is there are so many new web pages about alt coins created daily, sooner or later someone will take care about rich list feature and other stats.  Karma should work on increasing value than someone will come and create as many stats as you can imagine. If we give people easy tools how to play with KARM, they will create games, services anything they can imagine. Every non crypto service can be ported into crypto service. Lets make tools well documented, so even noob devs can use it. If people can embed KARM into web just by few rows of JS, lets work on it. Do not focus on creating all the services yourself, let common people to start their own KARMA business easily. Lets create plugins for wordpress and other CMS frameworks, so they can implement KARM by few clicks. The easier this process is, the more web devs you get. Every Web has visitors/customers. KARM can increase 100x value just by creating such easy to use web services.
ptman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:50:36 PM

@ptman, how's the development of the game elephant? Your game has become a favorite game of my son who is 4 and he only now to be several million miles he!  Grin Grin It's good money to be transferred directly to the donation and development of KARMA!
On a good way to attract more miners to create some small quests to solve and true original decision to donate KARMA's. Also from time to time to give away as a bonus KARMA's for something! The truth is that everyone wants to get as much as possible without giving something of themselves .... the idea is simple quests and a little KARMA for everyone! It will not be a big expense, but the idea going to come out and lead many investors. This is the psychology of many banks ... give you vouchers worth € 100 in your hands and not like them, have them spend it without thinking how it will come back. But this creates clients and work.
Excuse my bad English and I hope I understood!

Cool.

I like the idea that someone likes the game.
Even at this early stage Tongue

Things that I think we need to focus:
  • Working online wallet that can work as a normal Karma wallet, and is integrated with LILL.com and other Karmashares services (Webspond, Hireplex, Karma game).
  • Give programmers access to an easy API (can be built on top of existing APIs) that allow Karma integration in their websites, mobile apps, etc.
  • Market Karma like crazy.

ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:44:46 PM

now just to change the topic slightly.. has anyone seen airtasker?

I just saw this on tv and checked out the site.

https://www.airtasker.com

a site like this for Karma (or any other crypto) where you can task people to do small jobs and good things.. that would be awesome.

consider this for a concept.

just say there is a granny living alone and she needs her garden cleaned.
just say nobody in the Karma community lives near her.
just say there was a website where she could post an advert that she needs help.
just say some generous Karma people offer to support her Task and donate some karma to the cause.
just say some local kids from the neighborhood see the job posted online and need some pocket money.

the kids sign up accept the job.. they clean the grannies garden. Once the job is complete the Granny marks the job well done online and the kids get paid.
now the kids can do whatever they want with their karma. they could swap it for BTC on an exchange, they could buy online goods like Games, or they could use to pay someone else to do a job for them.

everyone is happy and good Karma is bestowed upon all.

well you might say.. what is to stop the kids from doing a crappy job and ripping off the granny...

well just say you had a 5 star system ... if the kids do a good job (5 stars) they get all the money.. 4 stars and they only get 80% of the money etc etc.
and whatever Karma is left over goes back to the donors.

whats to stop the granny from taking advantage of the kids and giving them only 1 star (ie only 20% if the pay) even if they do an awesome job...
well the money left over doesn't go back to the granny and she has a star rating too.

Damn those sneaky grannies, you have to watch out for them.

I've seen the site before.

It's good but we don't have the developers to do everything at the moment. I think it is best to focus on other initiatives. I'd prefer we do a few things well instead of several things poorly.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
Chargin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:13:57 PM

What are your thoughts on exchange pricing per 100 Karma?

I believe this would make each block currently worth about USD 0.001, which would give us some room for growth in price (with a price target of anywhere between 1 cent to 10 cents per Karma block in the next year or so).

This would, of course, in no way impact users wallets but may make it easier for users to purchase (from a psychological perspective) similar to how pre-paid phone cards or debit cards are re-charged in blocks of units (instead of individual units), You can't re-charge your phone with 1 minute worth of time but perhaps you could with 100 minutes' worth.

When you go to the grocery store to buy meat or fish, pricing may be per 100 grams. The grocery store owner knows that people will buy more when they think of buying multiples or fractions of 100 grams instead of multiples of 1 gram.

I think right now we are just doing what every other coin is doing and not really thinking of how we can be pioneers. Anything different is seen as a "trick". But how about the first grocery store that thought to price their perishables differently?

If change makes sense and has more upside than downside, then I say let's go for it. There will always be people who want to use their horses in an age of the "horseless carriage". But we are leaders, not followers.

Thank you for recognising the importance of this and giving it your support.

To me price per 1,000 is more logical than price per 100. To use your metaphor, fish is priced per kilogram not per 100 grams. The weight is measured in grams. All I'm suggesting is we price our fish in kilograms. You can still by 127 grams of fish even when it is priced in kilograms.

It is price per 1,000 Karma on exchanges, not per block of 1,000 Karma. The way I described it obviously needs work, I'll make one large post with everything tomorrow if I have time. You don't need to buy 1,000 Karma at a time, like how now you don't need to buy a whole 1 Karma at a time. You can buy 0.00000001 Karma at a time now. The change would make it so you could buy 0.00001 Karma at a time.

I have made an example transaction below that may better illustrate how the user would see the change:

On Mintpal all you need to do is type in the amount you want to buy and press buy. That won't change. You still want to buy the same amount, just type that same amount in the box. The current price will automatically be filled.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:17:27 PM

WHOA!
I almost got a heart attack when I saw my address at the block explorer had over 100k BTC's!
The next second i realized it was karma, not BTC hahaha xD

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
Chargin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

This pool has too much hash rate:
https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=karm

This is one reason we should attract more miners.
And also encourage the usage of P2Pools.

More miners usually equals hashing power more well distributed.

Please remove this from the list of pools on the front page because:
1. It mines more than just Karma; and
2. It has exceeded the 30% maximum for any one pool threshold.

Chargin.

dips55tree

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:41:16 PM

What are your thoughts on exchange pricing per 100 Karma?

I believe this would make each block currently worth about USD 0.001, which would give us some room for growth in price (with a price target of anywhere between 1 cent to 10 cents per Karma block in the next year or so).

This would, of course, in no way impact users wallets but may make it easier for users to purchase (from a psychological perspective) similar to how pre-paid phone cards or debit cards are re-charged in blocks of units (instead of individual units), You can't re-charge your phone with 1 minute worth of time but perhaps you could with 100 minutes' worth.

When you go to the grocery store to buy meat or fish, pricing may be per 100 grams. The grocery store owner knows that people will buy more when they think of buying multiples or fractions of 100 grams instead of multiples of 1 gram.

I think right now we are just doing what every other coin is doing and not really thinking of how we can be pioneers. Anything different is seen as a "trick". But how about the first grocery store that thought to price their perishables differently?

If change makes sense and has more upside than downside, then I say let's go for it. There will always be people who want to use their horses in an age of the "horseless carriage". But we are leaders, not followers.

Thank you for recognising the importance of this and giving it your support.

To me price per 1,000 is more logical than price per 100. To use your metaphor, fish is priced per kilogram not per 100 grams. The weight is measured in grams. All I'm suggesting is we price our fish in kilograms. You can still by 127 grams of fish even when it is priced in kilograms.

It is price per 1,000 Karma on exchanges, not per block of 1,000 Karma. The way I described it obviously needs work, I'll make one large post with everything tomorrow if I have time. You don't need to buy 1,000 Karma at a time, like how now you don't need to buy a whole 1 Karma at a time. You can buy 0.00000001 Karma at a time now. The change would make it so you could buy 0.00001 Karma at a time.

I have made an example transaction below that may better illustrate how the user would see the change:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/chargin2007/Wayitwouldwork_zpsee942927.png

On Mintpal all you need to do is type in the amount you want to buy and press buy. That won't change. You still want to buy the same amount, just type that same amount in the box. The current price will automatically be filled.

Chargin.
I completely agree with moving forward on this.

I was wondering if we should also consider how the sidechain is going to work and if these features/terminology need to mirror in any way. 

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:54:43 PM

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

Me and easteagle13 are splitting the funding for this. 1 mill comes from me and 1 mill from him. This is not an official karma marketing project.

GOT KARMA?
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:58:15 PM

Chargin.

Ahhh, these over 9GH/s are just about to put a tears in my eyes. I love them! Hail to all KARMA miners!
ptman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

Chargin.

Ahhh, these over 9GH/s are just about to put a tears in my eyes. I love them! Hail to all KARMA miners!

I suspect more than half of that comes from the multipool.

ICOBank 

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
ptman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:03:41 PM

Does anyone here that knows how to setup p2pools can give me a help?
We need more P2Pools in case the existing ones fail.

Is there any recent tutorial online that explains how to do it for an x11 coin?

The Multipool is finding at least half of the blocks (check "Last 30 Blocks Found"):

ICOBank 

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: