Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
Kennet_h

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:01:25 PM

I registered on the site, but i don't understand how to navigate to the right place! Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:19:00 PM

Imagine how fast the gossip will spread when finally a grocery store is accepting "credit cards" payments (karma). people all over the world can send their loves one karma coin with in 3 minutes into their account. they don't have to do anything else then start using to buy food and clothes for themselves.

In principal I agree with you.

In reality I think there are presently 2 issues with Karma that, if not addressed, could make this adoption problematic...

1. Confirmation time... 200 confirmations required by Exchanges means the Payment Processor holds the risk for a long time.

2. Total Coin Supply & Value... Too many zeroes (imho) for day-to-day use.  Roughly USD $5 == PH 500p == 1 LTC == 1,000,000 Karma (@100 litosho)

Both these could be addressed by forking to a new wallet with supply of 920M (as suggested by someone earlier)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:16:09 PM

Imagine how fast the gossip will spread when finally a grocery store is accepting "credit cards" payments (karma). people all over the world can send their loves one karma coin with in 3 minutes into their account. they don't have to do anything else then start using to buy food and clothes for themselves.

In reality I think there are presently 2 issues with Karma that, if not addressed, could make this adoption problematic...

1. Confirmation time... 200 confirmations required by Exchanges means the Payment Processor holds the risk for a long time.

2. Total Coin Supply & Value... Too many zeroes (imho) for day-to-day use.  Roughly USD $5 == PH 500p == 1 LTC == 1,000,000 Karma (@100 litosho)

Both these could be addressed by forking to a new wallet with supply of 920M (as suggested by someone earlier)

i always voiced my opinion on too many coin. ever since we were at 40 bill. Lunching a new coin at that time was not optional so i was requesting we stop the coin bleeding by x1000. at that time the community said that it would lower the nethashare and it would be a problem. here we are with low hashrate now anyways and with 20+ Billions more coin.

Yes. to making anything possible to reduce the numbers. i would prefer 92 million coins. karma will be cheap so the price wont prevent people to buy them at beginning. I really would like us to focus on this and find a solution

As far as exchanges having 200 confirmation this would be hard to remove. They have a saying in it. they do it to prevent double spending from coins that have low total network hashrates. Reddcoin had 1000 confirmation because of this.

By fixing the number of coins and creating a demand it will prompt miners to jump on our coin increasing the hashrates and helping remove the 200 confirmations
pdogg147

Activity: 339
Merit: 266

Advancing Liberty Through Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:47:44 AM

I registered on the site, but i don't understand how to navigate to the right place! Tongue

Same here.

Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:20:15 AM

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/KARMA DISTRIBUTION GROUP LEADERS/SPEAKERS
This is one of the most important group, the source of all karma income that will ensure the success of Karma, Only the best should be the leaders here.
kosmost  (DECLINED TOO BAD HE IS MY CHOICE HERE TOO)         
Chargin        MY CHOICE
LittleDuke     MY CHOICE
cryptowho

HUMAN RESOURCES/BUDGET SPEAKERS/LEADERS WE NEED TWO
This group will handle the identification of future human resource for karma needs. This will also handle the release of funds for Karma projects, once all signatories have agreed in writing.
Only the trustworthy are worthy here.

Chargin           MY CHOICE
karmakaguy
Bierwors
Alphi
p4r4m0unt       MY CHOICE

Thanks for calling me one of "the best" and "trustworthy". Tongue

However I believe tasks should be allocated not roles. If somebody steps up to do a task then they can do it. Only one of the things you listed is a task, the coordinator position, as he keeps track of who is working on what tasks.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:06:52 AM

Welcome Warfwarf and pdogg147 to trello!

Chargin, join the organization drive and improve matters from within. Join trello please.  https://trello.com/easteagle13/recommend

The same open invitation goes to everyone here. Let us be organized and brainstorm on what route should Karma and the community take within the next 3 months.

Or waste time talking here about POSSIBLE solutions, without an organization that will make it a reality.

We have seen that no matter how good a man can be, he cannot do this alone. So, no individual here can make Karma succeed. ONLY THE COMMUNITY EFFORT CAN.

THIS IS OUR CHOICE TO MAKE.

Stop dreaming wake up. Join the Karma brotherhood.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:25:42 AM

Let us give the community more options to use Karma.

STEP 1.   Register in casheer forum.

STEP 2.   Make a comment on this request. http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=171&p=1250#p1250

Is this hard to do? No. Will you need to pay to finish this task? No.

Yet, even this tiny, little effort, anyone can raise a good argument on why he would not do it. Like:" Karma is too cheap! We cannot make people to choose to pay with karma! "

Don't find obstacles for our efforts. Find solutions.

Go there. Make that supportive comment. When they add us, people can then decide if they want to use Karma or not. At least we are already done with that task!

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:38:45 AM

If you have noticed this is the way we operate before:

Someone would say:

1. "Let us make a tipping drive to get more Karma users!"  Others would go: "Nah, it does not work...it's a waste of time, 'been there."
2. "Let us apply to the mobile tipping apps, so people can pay with karma!" Others: "Nah. Karma is too cheap...they would need millions to pay for an item."
3. "Let us make a gaming site where Karma can be used!" Others: "We may run into legal problems with that."
4. "Let us make an online market with Karma currency as payment. " argument number 2 "
5. "Let us make Karma a means to help the poor and remittance sender of the Philippines and Africa!" Others; "Preposterous, bitcoin has done that already, we cannot compete!"

Essentially making KARMA useless. So why don't we change the tune? Instead of contradicting each other's ideas, why don't we find solutions together to make them all feasible and profitable.

So much to do and no one to do them. Join us on Trello https://trello.com/easteagle13/recommend and together make our Karma dreams come true!

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:06:49 AM

1, There is no need to involve exchange in such transactions

2. The price of Karma can be continually repriced for sake of these transactions, independent of exchanges. We would be letting an exchange that voluntarily decided to add Karma determine the value of Karma in these transactions. On their exchange, few-to-none of these new participants interact.

If, for example, these participants comprise 95% of all actual Karma usage it would not make sense to let an external marketplace (MintPal and it's KARM/*TC participants) determine the value that they receive for each Karma. The value should be determined much more by where the Karma is actually used, not traded.

Karma should therefore be priced independently of the exchanges with a "blue" market rate (an official black market), with a new limit to how many can be exchanged on this market each day (to mitigate the arbitrage problem).

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:09:15 AM

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/KARMA DISTRIBUTION GROUP LEADERS/SPEAKERS
This is one of the most important group, the source of all karma income that will ensure the success of Karma, Only the best should be the leaders here.
kosmost  (DECLINED TOO BAD HE IS MY CHOICE HERE TOO)        
Chargin        MY CHOICE
LittleDuke     MY CHOICE
cryptowho

HUMAN RESOURCES/BUDGET SPEAKERS/LEADERS WE NEED TWO
This group will handle the identification of future human resource for karma needs. This will also handle the release of funds for Karma projects, once all signatories have agreed in writing.
Only the trustworthy are worthy here.

Chargin           MY CHOICE
karmakaguy
Bierwors
Alphi
p4r4m0unt       MY CHOICE

Thanks for calling me one of "the best" and "trustworthy". Tongue

However I believe tasks should be allocated not roles. If somebody steps up to do a task then they can do it. Only one of the things you listed is a task, the coordinator position, as he keeps track of who is working on what tasks.

Chargin.

I think the likely challenge with that is no one being responsible for any 1 kind of task.

We can easily test that now by offering a couple of example (but real) tasks that need to be performed now and see who will volunteer. We then take the result and assume that the reality would be half that (as people know that it is an example to test their resolve).

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:20:58 AM

wow, I haven't checked this thread in a couple months  Cry a lot has changed.
I'm hoping my measly 4.5M Karma will regain some of their value.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

It's really nice to see more of us here step up with solutions in this "crisis mode".

One could almost say that a kick in the pants is exactly what Karma needed, but of course we're not there yet. And it's nice to see all these new faces.

But, controversially I suppose, I think the most important thing we can do now is making our target market the primary focus rather than the kind of market found right here on the bitcointalk forums.

It continues to amaze me that we think we can prosper without a target market and without a focus on that market.

We have a product without a focus on who that product is for, and why they need it. No operation can survive like this.

We need to re-think what we spend time focusing on. (Not "later" when we have developed more services. That is a ridiculous notion.)

If we had a forum where only Karma miners were invited, they would want Karma to go in one direction.

If we had a forum where only those who got Karma with BTC or LTC were invited, they would want Karma to go in another direction.

If we had a forum where only those who got Karma by tips were invited, they would want Karma to go in another direction.

But we have all of these opinions right here, and I am 100% sure that we should only be listening to our target market's needs.

Unfortunately, they are not invited because we don't want them to participate. (This could easily be done, and should be obvious to anyone who knows about business, which is why I say we don't collectively want to have them participate.)

Having a conversation with your potential customers is essential. But somehow we don't see the need here. We make lame excuses why it can't be done, or should not be done now.

Perhaps in 6-12 months we will find out that we have been wasting a tremendous amount of time not focusing on the people that need something like Karma.

The best thing for the "new leadership" or revived team to do is simply ignore ~98% of the posts in these threads and forge ahead with what is truly important (actual users and their needs).

If we continue along the same path, doing the same things as other coins, Karma will probably die (as most of them tend to do because they do not do the above).

We have MBAs here whose opinions on this seem to be biased by them thinking of Karma like any other cryptocurrency, or perhaps biased by their own investment and their inherent need to see a gain they did not themselves realize with Bitcoin. (Again, most coins fail within 3 weeks. And most of the remaining will be dead in a year or less.)

The community that Karma needs to really push Karma forward is not here. That is why the 'leaders' of Karma should not be people involved in crypto but people like myself who know how business should be done.

-Most coins fail. Why follow them?
-Why try to make Karma like other coins?
-Karma is a business (one with heart). Why listen to people with no business experience?
-Crypto devs don't usually have business experience. Is there a wonder why nearly all of them fail?

What Karma needs are 2-3 experienced business leaders with a heart. Without concern for lining their own pockets with crypto profits. Crypto devs and those highly involved in the crypto world will most likely lead Karma nowhere.

We should do what has worked for other businesses for hundreds of years, because that is essentially what Karma is. You can then have an operation with a heart, like many do.

easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:16:57 AM

I would later invite you by name to trello.

In trello we would place all willing Karma member in a group where they may share their best ability or interest.

In that group admins can post, lists of TODO's and you can be invited to be involved in accomplishing them.

You can browse all activities of all groups if you request.

No one is too poor to have nothing to share, and too rich to have no need of anything else.

Let us review Karma's principle and remember what it is exactly that attracted you in this community.

"Karma is a digital currency that is designed to reward good in people, to encourage people to do good. It can be used in place of the "like" button, unlike that "like" button, Karma is usable."

Therefore, Karma is a digital money that we can, spread online to all our friends and love ones. Like them in your social media, by giving them Karma, reward them for making you smile with their latest photo post, or for reminding you of that special memory by their thoughtful quotes they posted, or the joy of seeing a funny video. Reward them with Karma. If they ask what is that? Tell them it is a digital money. In this way we realize the mission of Karma, rewarding the good in people.

How would you give Karma if they are not in a tipping enabled group??

-make a new wallet (save your old wallet.dat somewhere else by CUTTING and PASTING it in a new back up folder)
-Open Karma wallet (it will create new wallet.dat)
-copy the address created inside the wallet, paste it in a notepad
-close the wallet
-rename the new wallet.dat to your friend's name
-cut and paste the renamed friends wallet to the back up folder
-copy and paste your original wallet.dat to Karma folder
-open your wallet again, (your old wallet should show correctly)
-send the amount you would like to gve to your friend to the address you pasted on the notepad.
-wait till at least ONE confirmation is done to your transaction of sending
-close your wallet
-CUT and PASTE again the wallet.dat from your Karma folder
-copy your friends named wallet.dat to Karma folder
-rename that to wallet.dat
-make a ZIP of the entire Karma folder, of course making sure that your original wallet.dat is not inside that ZIP Smiley
-send that ZIP file to your friend
-teach him how to open a zip file you sent him.
-Enjoy a new karma brother!

This is actually easy after you understood how to do it.

Using a second PC with internet connection will make this easier! Install new wallet and send some Karma to that wallet, zip and send!

easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:49:09 AM

Kindly, who is Reflop??

easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:14:54 AM

I would like to invite our karma brethren listed below to join us in TRELLO (a project coordinating GUI for free)
To better organize our common goal of making Karma work after all the fiascoes of the past few weeks.

https://trello.com/easteagle13/recommend

Listed in alphabetical order:

Alexandrake
Alphi
altcoingood
Beachguy
Bierworst
bignev
bondi
chalidore
Chargin
clayop
compumine
Danbcf
dips55tree
DStefanov
DStefanov
Facira
FredDag
huige007
joymagic
karmakaguy
Kennet_h
kosmost
learminer
mashac
Maurizio
mouseman
mroyusa
p4r4m0un7
ptman
ranlo
ryannguyen18
socoban
TheLittleDuke
toeshe
VladMcCloud
youseeberkeley
yummica

If you want to join and your nick is not listed above, please remember that we welcome you. Just click the link and be with us.

What is the task?  JOIN KARMA RE-ORGANIZATION.

Level of difficulty? EASY 

Importance?         MAX

After being invited and you choose not to join the reorganization, please do not wonder and whine, why you don't know what is really going on with KARMA...because you will be OUT OF THE LOOP! We may even decide to abandon BTTthread altogether to focus on our tasks and real market. Because to tell you frankly guys, WE ARE NOT KARMA'S market now.

We are now it's proponent vendors. I hope you'll come to the party!

CLICK ----> https://trello.com/easteagle13/recommend

Reflop

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:47:27 AM

Kindly, who is Reflop??

a supporter in the shadows  Smiley
hope I can help even if I dont know how yet
easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:00:54 AM

Kindly, who is Reflop??

a supporter in the shadows  Smiley
hope I can help even if I dont know how yet

okay thanks for joining us in TRELLO, please browse the GUI so you will become familiar on how to navigate it. There are now 7 community members in TRELLO welcome to all of you!!

easteagle13

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:06:43 AM

Thanks to joymagic and allonething, and welcome to trello! We are currently organizing. This is a good step towards the right direction.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

Thanks to joymagic and allonething, and welcome to trello! We are currently organizing. This is a good step towards the right direction.

Nice job. I am impressed by your efforts and hope you continue to keep up the good work, as always Smiley

Tell me, would a current member of the Karma team like to take over any of the services? I just wonder why no one volunteered.

bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:12:28 AM

Please check PM.
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: