Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:05:26 PM

1N3TNyPUGUtvk6KD3Gy6WdS8e9P6PmYzPg

^^^^^^^ CONTRIBUTE^^^^^^^

How much additional BTC is needed to get this ball running?

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:08:18 PM

Is it me or is there some serious dumping going on - LOL I have bought more DMD in the last (3) days than I have in a year!  I am not complaining - just wondering who the heck would dump at this price?

DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:57:08 PM

I am syncing my Bitcoin Wallet now. I will send as soon as its done.  As you know Bitcoin is slow and frankly I haven't opened it in a while.
DMDCreeper

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

I am a little suspicious of what's happening to the DMD price today.  It has the appearance of manipulation.  There are a few orders on both sides (buy and sell) that could be driving the price down - order significantly below the market price when the order was placed.  On the one hand, it appears to have driven away whoever was driving up the difficulty, at least for a short while.  But it also shows that this market is susceptible to price manipulation, intentional or not.

I suggest that if anyone was planning on buying DMD, now would be the time to do it.
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:08:13 PM

I am a little suspicious of what's happening to the DMD price today.  It has the appearance of manipulation.  There are a few orders on both sides (buy and sell) that could be driving the price down - order significantly below the market price when the order was placed.  On the one hand, it appears to have driven away whoever was driving up the difficulty, at least for a short while.  But it also shows that this market is susceptible to price manipulation, intentional or not.

I suggest that if anyone was planning on buying DMD, now would be the time to do it.

I just keep creating buy walls - DMD always has a way of leveling out and growing... So no worries

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

I agree. Reward reduction is about 4 weeks away or just a bit above that. Then we ll see what this coins made of. Smiley

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 09:19:13 PM

I am a little suspicious of what's happening to the DMD price today.  It has the appearance of manipulation.  There are a few orders on both sides (buy and sell) that could be driving the price down - order significantly below the market price when the order was placed.  On the one hand, it appears to have driven away whoever was driving up the difficulty, at least for a short while.  But it also shows that this market is susceptible to price manipulation, intentional or not.

I agree. Reward reduction is about 4 weeks away or just a bit above that. Then we ll see what this coins made of. Smiley

Whoa.. lets not make it or break it situation. If you follow this: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dmd/btc/cryptsy/6-months

and look closer at September, when we had troubles with PoW, you can see gradual rise in price

It would be only logical to anticipate similar effect to happen this time round.

chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:25:48 PM

Is it me or is there some serious dumping going on - LOL I have bought more DMD in the last (3) days than I have in a year!  I am not complaining - just wondering who the heck would dump at this price?

Hi guys,

My guess, Chinese New Year celebrations end; party over, back to work for FPGAs. Expect more over the next few days.

chilo

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:11:28 PM

How much additional BTC is needed to get this ball running?

Well, we have 2.25 BTC with what DMDcreeper will send and that's something like 550 dollars. We need 800 dollars in total. So we need exactly 1 more BTC.

Release should be made as soon as possible. So Argon18, Mister1k, Alba, all community members, pls chip in or turn your mining towards BTC address for PR initiative.

WE CAN DO THIS ! Let's gather the last BTC in 3 days maximum !

OK - I pledge .10 BTC more if 9 other people do the same - Once I see 9 others or the equivalent of .9 BTC pledged I will send mine. - Pokeytex (community please step up - I think this is important to do before the 1,000,000 coin mark)

DMDCreeper

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:01:51 AM

Release should be made as soon as possible. So Argon18, Mister1k, Alba, all community members, pls chip in or turn your mining towards BTC address for PR initiative.

@TheMightyKnight ,

Dude, i am not here to throw away money.
i don't own any diamonds and have no intention to purchase any,
there are just too many security flaws in the coin for me to invest in it or a PR initiative.

If others like yourself want to ignore those flaws , it is your choice.
My main purpose here is to provide the information that others are trying to hide, so everything is out in the open. So your community can continue to ignore those issues or repair them.
But your community will not be able to say they were unaware of those issues when something bad happens.
That is my only purpose for visting this forum.

You do realize that the 75k DMD in the reactor will be worth a whopping  USD10500 at today's rate?  There just is not enough involved here to be concerned about and my guess is the most proficient hackers will spend their time stealing credit card data which they can sell for a lot more than DMDs - and when they sell it doesn't drive the price down!

chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:52:02 AM

@TheMightyKnight ,

Dude, i am not here to throw away money.
i don't own any diamonds and have no intention to purchase any,
there are just too many security flaws in the coin for me to invest in it or a PR initiative.

My main purpose here is to provide the information that others are trying to hide, so everything is out in the open. So your community can continue to ignore those issues or repair them.
But your community will not be able to say they were unaware of those issues when something bad happens.
That is my only purpose for visting this forum.

See people,

This guy is an altruistic public service provider, not a troll at all.
He/she is here with OUR best interests at heart.
Thank you, Argon18, for your time and effort.

Kind Regards

chilo

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 01:26:34 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 02:07:18 AM by popshot

Please let me also refer to some of your points from the other thread as it seems you pointed out all of these flaws.

First of all it’s a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. Please at least show some proof that what you’re saying is indeed correct, because it feels like you say these are facts.

“Diamond is a hybrid coin POW & POW , so they say it is more secure than either.
Wrong: It is twice as vulnerable, it can be attacked by a 51% POW attack or 1 of the new 5% Doublespend Attacks. “

Right, so Bitcoin can be attacked by 51%, shock and horror!

We have already been attacked like that many times before, when some bunch of Bitcointalk trolls put us on their list of scamcoins to eradicate.  They tried until finally gave up. How disappointed they must have been. 80% of PoW hashrate was in attackers hands and the only thing that was holding the network together was PoS.
Please show me the other way, because the one I know and experienced is completely different. Has any similar attack been successfully carried out anywhere else?

Reasons , POS will not protect a coin if it has under a few billion coins,
But yet they push it being rare as adding value, it is a danger to POS security.
Where did you get his from? Why would coin number had anything to do with security risk in PoS. Imagine a situation where I have 1 coin worth 1$ and 1000 coins worth $1, which one is worth more?
The only good recipe I see for healthy PoS is high market capitalisation making any attack expensive. I have noticed DarkCoin core devs also see this as a good strategy for their master nodes implementation.

Yes, big banks, governments and other evil forces could easily take us down, but in reality it’s not going to happen. The immediate threat would be people who would have done it for fun or if I World Wide Crypto War broke out.

Security is not a thing you do once and forget about. It’s constant process of adaptation, that’s why no one here claims that what we have now will be enough forever.
Transition at 1 million block will be just fine.

The group stake feature they added weakens the POS even more since it lowers the number of blocks securing the network.
I refer you to excellent post made by Mister1k
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg10618640#msg10618640
where he explains the benefits for the network security:

'''Benefits of smaller blocks:'''
* Enhances network security (more hash rate devoted to PoS)

One might risk saying that not using coin control is more 'moral' than using grouping, but even without that particular tool it's possible to manage your piles, but harder and less accurate.

Coin control is non issue, it can only help. If there are people who 'abuse' it (by whose judgement), tough - there's nothing we can do about it.
There will be people who need it, and people who don't.
If coin control means making the user happy, then good.
Does it pose existential threat to the network? Very doubtful.

There are some zealots that defend the coin without thinking even when thinking about it would help make things better.
This is not true. We are aware of security risks and have plans of further improvements.

I could refer to many instances where we acknowledged input from community
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg10395349#msg10395349)
but won’t do it as I fear it might be just a waste of time.
You also seem to have ignored my arguments when I presented them before (like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg10599523#msg10599523).
Which makes me believe you are very devoted to your opinions.

The cloudmining that is supposed to skyrocket the price will fail, since all mining has been losing money.
The Reactor is a weak attempt at securing the coin , just places a lot in 1 spot to be stolen.
No, not true. Cloudmining was never meant to skyrocket the price! From day one it was about going with our ethos of providing a stable value coin. It is the first pillar of stability mechanism. Reactor can be seen as an extension of that.
Please check this chart (http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dmd/btc/cryptsy/6-months) starting from October how value developed. It was all thanks to Cloud Mining.

Your fears are way overblown, you can’t even compare it to hacking the exchange as the Reactor is just some node somewhere you have no IP to.

None of these things are impossible to do, but paranoia often does more harm than good. In every murder case there is a motive for committing the crime .. I just can’t see how 70k is good enough incentive to make the effort. Someone with these skills would much better rob some bitcoin store.

Also opens DMD to a DDOS on the Reactor , hit the reactor with a DDOS attack , and your network will be stunned and if a few other things are done , a fork could be triggered so the reactor is on 1 fork and the rest of you on another.
As said earlier, what do you want to DDOS if you don’t know the IP of your target?
Even if the Reactor was taken down by some kick ass Anonymous ops, the network would not be ‘stunned’, because the Reactor is just an ordinary wallet not connected in any special way with the rest. If they transferred funds elsewhere they would have to gather coin age from the beginning which would give us time to implement contingency measures.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 02:46:32 AM

Reasons , POS will not protect a coin if it has under a few billion coins,
But yet they push it being rare as adding value, it is a danger to POS security.
Where did you get his from?
You Know Where :
hashProofOfStake <= [Coin-age] x [Target]
[Coin-age] = [amount of coins] x [days in stake]
Coin-Days = Coin-age * block size.
weight = coin age * balance
Sorry, I fail to see the point here. What do you mean by “pushing it being rare” .. the coin mechanics were well known to everyone who opened the ANN thread. It’s clear what the rollout plan is. Why would we change anything now, especially something defacing like adding more coins. There are plenty of 100% PoS coins with small amount of coins, don’t they feel threatened? Could you check on their threads as well please? Why do you think your solution is the best one?

Yo Genius , i am Argon18 , UtahJohn is another person , are you 2 daft to understand that!

I siad:
Obtaining 50k is not that trivial. It's unlikely someone spent so many BTC to attack just for lolz (losing their own invested money in the process).  
Reactor is hidden well enough and finding out who holds keys or knows the IP address would be much hassle.
As mentioned before, Diamond due to its mechanics is much better secured (naturally) than so many other pure fast staking PoS coins. I do not believe we are at the top of the hit list, even if such list exists.
It's the same argument I voiced today. You could have easily read that and responded to, but you didn’t and preferred to keep using your own. That’s why I fear we might be at disagreement with each other.

Not Fear, Facts which are being Ignored.
Let me inform you of some human nature, criminals will go after an easy target of lessor value, before going after a higher value with more protection. Homes & Banks are robbed because they are easier targets than Fort Knox.
If you talk about value, how much ‘value’ would their coins have? Do you think people would suddenly rush to buy DMD if they learnt about what happened? This also implies there would be no reaction from our part.
Buying 70k is not easy but selling such amount quickly is even harder.

You want the answer to that , all someone has to do is watch your Block Explorer here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/#!network
and
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/#!rich
To pinpoint your ip address and start their DDOS.
Take only checking it a few days to find it and zap it offline.

Now tell me that is impossible too.
Or do you want me to post a how to like the one for coin control so anyone can do it.
Hmm… by looking at this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165786.0 I think you can't. And even if you could how would you know it was the real IP not some of the masking layer, easily switchable.

I also don’t feel you answered some of my questions and avoided the rest.

Hope we can find common understanding.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:12:19 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 04:13:26 AM by popshot

You do realize that the 75k DMD in the reactor will be worth a whopping  USD10500 at today's rate?  There just is not enough involved here to be concerned about and my guess is the most proficient hackers will spend their time stealing credit card data which they can sell for a lot more than DMDs - and when they sell it doesn't drive the price down!
Unsecure is Unsecure, don't care if it is $5 million or $5.
Previous posts bring up more issues that just the reactor.
Hybrid nature opens up 2 attack windows , does not protect from both as some like to think.
ON POW side too easy for someone to get 51% of mining.

i am just pointing out the issues your community faces, fixing those issues are simple , but not if the community ignores those issues. Consider these posts the check engine light on your coin.
Waiting too late to see the truth, is throwing money away, but like i said your choice, i made mine.

By the way , simple fixes are such ,
Get rid of your POS side, it is just too weak the way your coin is designed to survive any decent attacks.
Embrace your POW side as it is the stronger of the 2 and unaffected by your low coin count.
To Counter the 51% attack issue , redesign diamond to merge mine with other coins,
easy choice would be groestl coin , harder would be Lite & Doge, but either would solve this issue.

Those are simple answers to easy issues that are being ignored.
Make those changes and your coin may even survive & prosper.

Sidenote:
Removing the POS side also removes the coin control issue, since POW coins do not use coin control.

I don't think you know what you're taking about. I think you contradict yourself.
First you say easy to take over PoW and PoS, and here you suggest to remove PoS, the second protection.

it is just too weak the way your coin is designed to survive any decent attacks
Pardon me, not sure when you joined this thread but before everything was so rosy as it is now, we had really hard time, attack after attack.. so please spare me your opinions how weak we are because we have tested our mettle already.  

PoW has no future as the only main security provision.
I would say it would be suicidal to switch it to PoW only.

Merged mining is still on the table but only when PoW is a part of the security basket - PoW PoS PoN.
On the side note even etherum will be PoS only coin (after PoW phase).

What you want is a completely different coin. We see strongly a multi protection protocols as the way forward and not going back years as if sustainability, ease of use, eco friendliness were of no importance.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:26:58 AM

I thought the reactor was locked for a year.  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/address.dws?dWPGAFSvqD5XB6qiEyxLtXLbyoZhh1XEKa.htm

who got paid 1200 dmd?

*btw  Ive gave both you negative trust ratings

quick delete my posts

WITH PLEASURE!  beacuse you are FUDster who cannot hold normal conversation - I've seen enough of your 'valuable input' from broad unsubstantiated accusations of FRAUD to some wild assumptions . you are banned on this thread.

why wont you answer my questions

I'm not responsible for the Reactor so can't make any comment.

diamond isnt rare if your staking is creating that many coins

Deal with it.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:46:20 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 04:08:17 AM by popshot

No, whenever Ive asked a serious question or even utahjohn you guys attack us.  
Sorry to make you feel so special.

you say the reactor is frozen for a year, but someone received a 1200 dmd payment.  

I won't even start looking into if it's true. You throw word 'payment' as if there was some fraud going on. Once we're at it, if it's a payment, who is it for?

How many coins are being created/day.

Why don't you calculate it yourself. You know number of coins, number of days and amount of interest per year.

Here are some facts they ignore.

I already addressed all these points here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg10626109#msg10626109 .

If you were even bothered to read before posting we would avoid so much unnecessary work.

why do you only delete our posts and this post, which is off topic, doesnt get deleted?

What? I delete your posts because you are banned on this thread. You've done enough damage with your FUD-ing, this had to stop.  

please explain this behavior from your "foundation member"
I have no strong opinion about it. Cryptonit has all the rights to protect his financial privacy and no obligation to reveal his personal wallet.
It's a matter between Cryptonit and Utahjohn I'll let them sort this on their own through PM.

what was the reply that was deleted?

It was utahjohn insinuating cryptonit is a paedophile. Sorry but such vile accusations have no place here.

There was another post I deleted too fast "what do you do for the foundation?" .. I delete your posts! Smiley

DMDCreeper

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:14:13 AM

I think its important for both sides to listen a little.  There isn't a single coin out there where there are no disagreements.  Go to the other forums and you will see a lot of the same stuff.   Only a few coins have gotten past that.  Those seem to be the ones that have achieved some level of acceptance in the marketplace.

To the DMD defenders - there are issues with this coin.  You don't have to admit it.  Eventually the issues get resolved or take their toll on the coin.  This coin is going nowhere unless someone adopts it as a currency for commerce.  Only commercial demand will prop this coin up once cloud mining has run its course.  POS alone is not enough no matter how high the percentage payout is.  You can payout 300% and it will attract only hoarders.  That is not a market that will be safe to invest in.  Anyone familiar with the baseball trading card market in the 1980s?  Gimmicks like Cloud Mining and the Reactor are only going to go so far.  When the novelty is used up we will still be faced with some way to keep the value of DMD growing.

You know I was not a fan of the Reactor.  I think stuff like that appeals only to the same people who hoard and circulate DMDs in a tight loop.  I really didn't like the idea of paying out a higher POS to Cloud Mining investors over everyone else.  If you think everyone putting all there eggs in that basket is a good idea then I strongly disagree.  The idea is to disperse the currency not collect it into one vault and hoard it.

In any case, be open minded.  Some people have a more direct way of expressing their thoughts.  So what?  If you want to be responsible for this coin or any coin, grow a thick skin.  That's what being responsible is all about.

To the critics - One thing at a time.  Some of your concerns are legitimate some are not so much.  The 51% attack thing was a popular threat for a number of coins.  Litecoin urged its miners not to use certain pools to avoid the possibility of a 51% attack.  There was no other solution.  It was purely voluntary.  Its no one's fault that Danbi's pool has the majority of the hash rate, except the miners.  I mined with Danbi and now I mine with donkeypool.  I have considered going back to mining solo which I did for months.  But at this point, I choose to support Donkeypool to shift my hashing away from the largest pool.  Other people should consider this option voluntarily as well.  Danbi's pool is great and Danbi himself is a stand up guy.  But Donkeypool has given me no problems for over a month now and I get paid the same amount. 

There is an expression that's been used in US politics that I like for just about all occasions, "First do no harm".  In other words, try to be positive in your criticisms because we all want the same thing - to be successful and make some money.  Hurting the value of the coin benefits no one.  I get where you are coming from but I also think some good has been done by the DMD developers. 

I wish everyone would just work together.  Unless this stuff gets resolved I think the DMD mining population will continue to drop until this coin fades out of existence.

Just my 2 cents worth.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:33:05 AM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/address.dws?dWPGAFSvqD5XB6qiEyxLtXLbyoZhh1XEKa.htm

created on the 27th

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/address.dws?dXy7o5vdbHYhozeiNCWUyziJM8JaLYe35H.htm

payment on the 27th

Did a cloud miner get paid this?  That a big payment.

shouldnt all funds leaving the reactor be explained?
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:00:18 AM

One last observation if the Dev Team Makes all of the important decisions about diamond , and leaves nothing up for debate, can you really call diamond a community coin.

The reactor was decided on by the dev team, this is not a community coin.  Im still wondering where all these coins came from and if they are all lent, where are all the members, dont they get a say?  How come it only seems like a few people are in this community?
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:01:50 AM

Seeing here such activity trolls can immediately understand what they want.
Any new people who come here and see them perseverance tarnish Diamond readily understand that constantly write the same thing just so no one will.
But not for long, and soon a POW award will be reduced by 10 times.
All their attempts to idle chatter on the topic of security and total control will be dispelled by themselves.

One who understands a little crypto currency, can easily understand how a Diamond is now undervalued compared to other coins  Wink

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: