Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 05:14:09 PM

I've been saying for a long time that the stakes are the most dangerous thing to CLAMs long term, but short term it is needed in order to protect the network from large diggers with the intentions of attacking our network.

We need to be considering turning those stakes wayyyy down.  If we could even be at 0 stake reward sometime in the future.... I think that would be best price way. 

Stake halfings might be the way to go.

I've never been a fan of limitless coins (kinda like what DOGE did).  I was aware of this since before I bought CLAM though of course.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:15:07 PM

There s no point buying until the digger s out of the picture

That's a beautiful paradox.

razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:18:46 PM

Price sure dont look good https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/clams/usd
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 05:19:49 PM

Clamchecker.com is now the most profitable way that new CLAMMERS can dig... even over the CLIENT and Just-dice.

If the user self affiliates they will be paid .002 BTC each dig affiliate pay + the .005 BTC for the address = .007 BTC.

The normal market digging through the CLIENT or Just-dice sold through Poloniex only yields 0.00529005 BTC.

This service deserves to be in the OP.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:28:23 PM

Clamchecker.com is now the most profitable way that new CLAMMERS can dig... even over the CLIENT and Just-dice.

If the user self affiliates they will be paid .002 BTC each dig affiliate pay + the .005 BTC for the address = .007 BTC.

The normal market digging through the CLIENT or Just-dice sold through Poloniex only yields 0.00529005 BTC.

This service deserves to be in the OP.

Is it OK with you if I offer ClamChecker digging from the Just-Dice chat?

Maybe something like the user types:

/dig <privkey> <btcaddress>

and it uses ClamChecker to dig up the privkey?

I can see this becoming +EV for users and JD if the price continues to drop.

I'm conflicted asking you this. It seems bad to exploit your service when it's paying too much for private keys, but if you're willing to pay me to refer people to your service then is it bad to make the most of it?

You've always said that ClamChecker would end up being the best way to dig CLAMs, and that's looking to be the case now.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 06:12:42 PM

Is it OK with you if I offer ClamChecker digging from the Just-Dice chat?

Absolutely OK Dooglus.

Anyone is welcome to build on top of us or connect any of their services through us and I'll do my fucking A best to keep up and provide a honest service Smiley.

Dooglus you are welcome to review our code as well to make sure that we aren't saving any information or blah blah blah.  

Maybe something like the user types:

/dig <privkey> <btcaddress>

and it uses ClamChecker to dig up the privkey?

That of course would work, but it might be best for the markets if Just-dice dig through Clamchecker and then use the BTC to purchase on the market... then the user gets even more than 4.6 CLAMs the CLIENT would give & the markets get a touch of stimulation.

So the chain of command digging profitability wise will be:

1.  ClamChecker - Instant

2.  Just-Dice - Instant

3.  Client dig - Slow as fuck

I'm conflicted asking you this. It seems bad to exploit your service when it's paying too much for private keys, but if you're willing to pay me to refer people to your service then is it bad to make the most of it?

Dooglus do not feel conflicted please and it is an absolutely honor to have you "exploiting" one of my services.  I want you to make make as much as you can affiliate wise or whatever ... in these past two years I've always earned when you earned.  I don't expect this to be any different.

I would be grateful for two things:

1.  If you'd remove the shadow bans from ClamChecker.com and ClamcoinFaucets.com from the troll box of JD.  If you want to ban affiliate links for Checker then the type style is:

ClamChecker.com/BTCADDRESS
or
ClamChecker.com/CLAMADDRESS

2.  When your website digs through my site it has a little mention of ClamChecker in the success message to your diggers.

Neither 1 or 2 are deal breakers of course, but simply requests from a fellow community member.

You've always said that ClamChecker would end up being the best way to dig CLAMs, and that's looking to be the case now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2UWiseSF6Y

jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

wow bay and doog teaming up. hell did freeze over

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 10:29:27 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 10:44:36 PM by BayAreaCoins

We have worked in harmony in the past plenty.

I've been #teamdoog for a while Cheesy  Dudes a Crypto hero.

jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:14:45 AM

Hell's temp today -63degrees

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:53:13 AM

CLAM down to 0.0012btc

I got 12 kids to feed doog. help raise clam price please. do it for the baby's momma's

TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:19:21 PM

Hell's temp today -63degrees
Today I managed to drain a little of their coins, I think in the near future the price will go down. There also purchased new
Crypto-Mint.com

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 06:53:51 PM

CLAM down to 0.0012btc

I got 12 kids to feed doog. help raise clam price please. do it for the baby's momma's

https://i.imgur.com/y6Vpob5.jpg

Heh, Isn't that something! Dooglus is indeed the man.

We still have coins available!

2015 First Edition 100 CLAM Coin

We are pleased to offer the First Edition limited run of only 200 coins.
They are available for pre-order through the shop on Crypto-Mint.com
These coins are the first in the world to offer secure staking in a physical wallet.
Just-Dice.com has been picked and approved for a secure place to stake CLAM.
Self/Full Funded coins will have a JD secret account key under the hologram sticker.

2015 First Edition 100 CLAM

Specs:
-Diameter: 1.75 inches
-Plating: Silver/Nickel with 11K Gold CLAM
-Cast: Iron
-Security hologram

Click here to Order now!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM us here or use the "Contact Us" link on Crypto-Mint.com
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:18:22 PM

I'm kinda dumb, so I'm having a hard time understanding what happens to alt coin prices when bitcoin goes sky high.  It seems to me like the main conversion for alt coins is into bitcoin, so when bitcoin goes crazy and if the price of the alt to bitcoin remains the same, then that's essentially a bump in price for the alt (if you look at it in fiat).  Does that mean that the CLAM price basically went up 100% alongside bitcoin last week?  Or am I missing something?
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 07:28:07 PM

I'm kinda dumb, so I'm having a hard time understanding what happens to alt coin prices when bitcoin goes sky high.  It seems to me like the main conversion for alt coins is into bitcoin, so when bitcoin goes crazy and if the price of the alt to bitcoin remains the same, then that's essentially a bump in price for the alt (if you look at it in fiat).  Does that mean that the CLAM price basically went up 100% alongside bitcoin last week?  Or am I missing something?

CLAM has been having a rough month or so due to the digger - but, you are essentially correct.

This depends on a number of factors. 
Some 'altcoins' move inversely with BTC while some correlate positively. 

But, assuming the base BTC price of a market remains the same, and the base Fiat price of BTC increases, then what you have said is true.

Of course, it is rarely that simple.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:06:21 PM

I'm kinda dumb, so I'm having a hard time understanding what happens to alt coin prices when bitcoin goes sky high.  It seems to me like the main conversion for alt coins is into bitcoin, so when bitcoin goes crazy and if the price of the alt to bitcoin remains the same, then that's essentially a bump in price for the alt (if you look at it in fiat).  Does that mean that the CLAM price basically went up 100% alongside bitcoin last week?  Or am I missing something?

I thought so first too but clam is more of a coin pegged to bitcoin. The clam price does not care about the fiat price of bitcoins, only the amount of bitcoins are of interest. So when you hold clams and the bitcoin price drops then you will lose value. Since normally clams don't react on the change in bitcoinprice.

I only can assume that no one exploits these changes. Normally it should look like an arbitrage possibility but it might be the volume is too low to exploit it.

Of course there are other altcoins that clearly correlate invers with the bitcoin fiat price. Not perfect but good enough to see it.

Edit: I would have hold clams longer if this connection would not have been. If you hold clams, they remain at the same value in bitcoins, but the bitcoin price drops, then you lose. So you always have to keep 2 currencies in view.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:56:02 PM

I'm kinda dumb, so I'm having a hard time understanding what happens to alt coin prices when bitcoin goes sky high.  It seems to me like the main conversion for alt coins is into bitcoin, so when bitcoin goes crazy and if the price of the alt to bitcoin remains the same, then that's essentially a bump in price for the alt (if you look at it in fiat).  Does that mean that the CLAM price basically went up 100% alongside bitcoin last week?  Or am I missing something?
I thought so first too but clam is more of a coin pegged to bitcoin. The clam price does not care about the fiat price of bitcoins, only the amount of bitcoins are of interest. So when you hold clams and the bitcoin price drops then you will lose value. Since normally clams don't react on the change in bitcoinprice.
I only can assume that no one exploits these changes. Normally it should look like an arbitrage possibility but it might be the volume is too low to exploit it.
Of course there are other altcoins that clearly correlate invers with the bitcoin fiat price. Not perfect but good enough to see it.
Edit: I would have hold clams longer if this connection would not have been. If you hold clams, they remain at the same value in bitcoins, but the bitcoin price drops, then you lose. So you always have to keep 2 currencies in view.

If you had faith in CLAM maintaining it's value against Bitcoin in the long-term, it would be beneficial to hold CLAM given the ability to stake.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:10:31 PM

Why would this be the case?  Given coin A and coin B, say they're both exchangable for the same amount of bitcoin on day 1.  If the bitcoin to fiat rate changes, why would that drive two coins in opposite directions?
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 09:53:16 PM

Why would this be the case?  Given coin A and coin B, say they're both exchangable for the same amount of bitcoin on day 1.  If the bitcoin to fiat rate changes, why would that drive two coins in opposite directions?

Any attempt to guess at a positive or negative price correlation in a market is just that: a guess.

That said, some "coins" have direct to Fiat markets, sometimes you likely have a self-fulfilling prophecy, some users need to liquidate to cover short/long positions, mining expenses, etc.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:45:29 PM

There s no point buying until the digger s out of the picture

That's a beautiful paradox.

Is there is thread that tracks the progress of the dig whale?

Is the end of this year still the best estimate given his current pace of selling?

Thanks!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:41:40 PM

Is there is thread that tracks the progress of the dig whale?

Is the end of this year still the best estimate given his current pace of selling?

Thanks!

I occasionally post charts showing the digging activity in this thread. I don't know of another one.

It has taken him over 2 months to dig up an estimated 34% of the wallet he is working through. The rate of digging has slowed during that time. At the current pace the digging could continue for another year. And then he could start on another wallet.

I don't see the price recovering any time soon, but doing anything to address the issue seems to be unpopular so it looks like we're stuck with things how they are.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: