Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:39:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:48:25 PM

End the clam experiment bring back jd as bitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

It has taken him over 2 months to dig up an estimated 34% of the wallet he is working through. The rate of digging has slowed during that time. At the current pace the digging could continue for another year. And then he could start on another wallet.

I don't see the price recovering any time soon, but doing anything to address the issue seems to be unpopular so it looks like we're stuck with things how they are.

Thanks dooglus. 

That was a little worse than I had thought - I had expected he'd be done by the end of this year.  I'll keep checking this thread for updates.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 05:45:03 PM

It has taken him over 2 months to dig up an estimated 34% of the wallet he is working through. The rate of digging has slowed during that time. At the current pace the digging could continue for another year. And then he could start on another wallet.

I don't see the price recovering any time soon, but doing anything to address the issue seems to be unpopular so it looks like we're stuck with things how they are.

Thanks dooglus. 

That was a little worse than I had thought - I had expected he'd be done by the end of this year.  I'll keep checking this thread for updates.

If there was a wall for them to sell into... I bet they'd be done by next week.

They are more scared of us than they are of them. 

I'd rate them closer to fucktards than geniuses judging by how they are digging.

It's almost like they are guilty they cheated in a card game, so they are showing us their hand and playing easy... very strange.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:35:13 PM

Digger should have a clam auction. Just dig up all and sell everything to 0.001-0.002 each clam and sell 10k to each user who want buy. I think many would buy if knew the digger was finnished. People dont want buy so long digger still digging. He destroys the clam with use so long time.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:47:38 PM

Digger should have a clam auction. Just dig up all and sell everything to 0.001-0.002 each clam and sell 10k to each user who want buy. I think many would buy if knew the digger was finnished. People dont want buy so long digger still digging. He destroys the clam with use so long time.
i said something similar since the beginning yet got no support, there is a decent bunch of people that would do the same, yet i think thats useless now, im sure that if each of the ones that wanted this got their buy orders on it would be filled.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Esally

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:11:33 PM

The digger has enough and it is time to switch to stake-only )

I think the best solution is for you to update your staking copy of clam to not mine dig transactions and reject blocks with dig transactions if it is the current best block. If it is the second-best and has dig-transactions, it becomes your local best block.

This removes the possibility of prolonged fork, while applying pressure for people to also not accept dig transactions. Most importantly this can be done without modifying upstream or getting into committee driven consensus.

I originally believe in clam because i was told the initial distribution was fair, the fairest you said. But if the only point of clam is to now make a digger rich and get tokens to play on just-dice then count me out.
gamblingbad

Activity: 568

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:24:06 PM

i said something similar since the beginning yet got no support, there is a decent bunch of people that would do the same, yet i think thats useless now, im sure that if each of the ones that wanted this got their buy orders on it would be filled.

Okey, lets agree on a price floor. If digger have 350k clam left, we need 350btc with price 0.001. I can do 10% of that so if 9 others can do 10% to.
If not get enough funds can set a lower price as floor. Anyone else interested?

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:03:09 PM

Considering the price is currently scraping .001 I'd say put the floor somewhere between .0005 and .00075
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:36:33 PM

BTC price has much lower now is this good for Clams price getting up?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:13:32 PM

Okey, lets agree on a price floor. If digger have 350k clam left, we need 350btc with price 0.001. I can do 10% of that so if 9 others can do 10% to.
If not get enough funds can set a lower price as floor. Anyone else interested?

I think the digger s got much more CLAM. Where did you get this number from?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:48:31 PM

People dont want buy so long digger still digging. He destroys the clam with use so long time.

Maybe that's the whole point. It could be someone who hates altcoins in general or CLAM in particular.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:50:53 PM

What about limiting the dig period to 2 years from the CLAM launch date?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:49:33 AM

What about limiting the dig period to 2 years from the CLAM launch date?

I like this idea, perhaps with a decreasing reward rather than a sudden cutoff, but I don't think it's possible to implement it now. Digging links your wallet to existing funds - transactions already in the chain - rather than mining new coins in new blocks. To retroactively implement such a rule, say by blocking any transactions with unspent outputs from the original distribution, would force everyone to spend (including sending back to themselves) their original funds before that cutoff date. Anyone who started their wallet to claim their CLAM, but never actually spent them, would lose their funds.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:56:54 AM

I want to trade the CLAMS market but I can't. Makes me sad.

Re-read my previous posts here and think about what I said again now that the price is half what it was since I posted.
Then read again in a month when it's half again. And repeat this until you realize that all you had to do save CLAM was to simply act on logic.

Limit the emission rate. Limit the digging. Do something. You can't have millions of coins hanging over people's heads. It's like having a 90 percent premine that you never know when it will be dumped.

I am a fan on this coin. Just unfortunate that every time I look at it on Polo I say... "Don't".

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:15:20 AM

The digger has enough and it is time to switch to stake-only )

I think the best solution is for you to update your staking copy of clam to not mine dig transactions and reject blocks with dig transactions if it is the current best block. If it is the second-best and has dig-transactions, it becomes your local best block.

This removes the possibility of prolonged fork, while applying pressure for people to also not accept dig transactions. Most importantly this can be done without modifying upstream or getting into committee driven consensus.

I originally believe in clam because i was told the initial distribution was fair, the fairest you said. But if the only point of clam is to now make a digger rich and get tokens to play on just-dice then count me out.

It sounds like you are suggesting that I should abuse my position of controlling the biggest CLAM address to effectively change the consensus rules - I would be saying "if anyone includes a 'dig' transaction in a block, I will orphan it".

That seems like a massive abuse of people's trust. People deposited their CLAM at Just-Dice with the assumption that I would stake them according to the network rules.

But, how about this for an idea? And it's just a thought I had, not a plan I intend to put into action. Comments appreciated!

What if Just-Dice ran two instances of the client (a regular one, and one that ignored all dig transactions) and allowed JD users to select which instance they want their coins staked with? The default of course is to follow the existing rules, but each user can opt to move their coins to a wallet that considers all new dig transactions as "illegal".

pros:

* the community gets to decide for themselves the future of CLAM, with each member having a vote in proportion to the size of their holdings; if the "economic majority" wants digging to stop, digging stops

cons:

* 1. if opinion is split close to 50/50 then the two clients could cause long reorgs, with associated chaos (confirmed transactions becoming unconfirmed, etc.)
* 2. creating a contentious fork like this feels 'dirty', and a bit too "Bitcoin XT" for my liking
* 3. hard to do this in a provably fair way; how can anyone be sure that I really stake their coins from the correct wallet?
* 4. such a rash move could well lose us the support of the CLAM developers

1. I suppose the 50/50 problem would be addressed the same way that XT forks the chain - only after 75% of the last N blocks somehow 'vote' for the change. ie. wait until a clear majority of the staking weight is in favour of the change happening.

2. idk

3. JD's weekly proof of solvency could include an indication of each investor's 'vote'

4. I know that xploited and creative have both said that they would be in favour of doing something to address the 'digger problem' if the community was in agreement. Maybe this is a way of finding out what the community really thinks.

Anyway, it's just a thought. Let me know what you think...

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
RHavar
Legendary

Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:08:17 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 04:23:03 AM by RHavar

Anyway, it's just a thought. Let me know what you think...

It seems this plan would require the digger to be completely oblivious to what's going on? If it ever looked like his digging was going to be stopped, what's stopping him just digging everything at once? I guess this is mildly better than the current situation, as he'd be forced to show his entire hand but he could even likely start using his clams to vote "digging-allowed" and prevent an overwhelming majority consensus.

Check out gamblingsitefinder.com for a decent list/rankings of crypto casinos. Note: I have no affiliation or interest in it, and don't even agree with all the rankings ... but it's the only uncorrupted review site I'm aware of.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:28:16 AM

I think changing the rules or splitting any community this coin has at this point would be a bad idea.

It wouldn't just be bad for current holders, but for possible future holders as well.

Taking away the very thing that caused Just-Dice to adopt it or even for the word CLAM to come in the JD troll box many moons ago would be unwise, greedy and boarder line scammy.

Mostly, the people who made shitty trades want change.

How are those .004 coins I sold you @ market price feeling to ya dooglus?  I recall you clowning on me over that sale... and my service and now that everything I said would happen is happening... yall are starting to resort to brainstorming ways of scamming people.

Real cool.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:35:49 AM

Maybe do something worth while with your time like adding a tool that is similar to that bot that did the !CV thing for coins vs coins prices.

This would encourage ppl to trade their Bitcoin, USD and alts for CLAMS way more easily, but remain on your website where they can play and the investors can get more action.

Take a break from shadow banning, trolling like a scrub, adding addition features for mods to track peoples IP, blocking CLAM websites that enable players at your site and the whole list of other fuck ups you've been doing in the past few months.

CLAM price is going down because you're fucking up dude.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:43:12 AM

Point your digs at me and "exploit" my services/affiliate system.

4.6 CLAM = .0059 BTC on Poloniex
4.6 CLAMS = .007 BTC on Clamchecker (with self affiliate)

None of you give two fucks about the community.  Just how best you can keep your coins "value" because y'all fucked up trading.

Every person looking at digging who wants the best value on their coins should be using this service.

Clamchecker.com is still not listed on the OP here and is still blackballed from the JD troll box.   Roll Eyes

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:49:56 AM

But, how about this for an idea? And it's just a thought I had, not a plan I intend to put into action. Comments appreciated!

There's my comments.

Way sick of this fucking conversation.

Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: