Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:00:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:07:05 PM

From the article - "With development led by Boston based Dan Metcalk, XCurrency is still technically a DAC."

Where did he get the idea that XC is a DAC?  As far as I knew, there isn't anything contained within XC that would qualifies anything of that nature at this time.  Is he confusing XC with the recent BTSX excitement or is there a veiled hint in there?

Web 3.0

Finally the outside world is catching up on the fact of XC being a company instead of "just a coin" And those XC "coins" you are holding? well those are stock. I've been saying this for months.
I wouldn't be surprised if some bigshot company swoops down and says "listen Dan, we want to buy ALL of your tech, the messaging, your web 3.0 EVERYTHING" Well when that happens, any XC holder will have a very big grin on their face. If you hold 1k+ XC and such a takeover is even suggested you won't need to work another day in your life again. I am not saying that XC will ever be sold, but take it from me there will be huge interest.

It won't be tomorrow, but the fundamentals are being laid out further every day. Just hold on to your "coins" and don't ever make the mistake of selling them because you are impatient.

The trick to being succesful in this crazy crypto world is to invest in platforms that offer real world applicability, not just in "crypto currencies". Crypto won't be going away, you can count on that. But in the end only a couple of currencies will prevail, which are being used in infrastructures or platforms. These platforms have to offer something that people either need or want, with XC it's privacy and that's something that, in the light of current and future world affairs, everybody needs and wants. That gives intrinsic value to the XC platform, regardless of current unit price or market cap.

Except everything is delayed opensource?  So to call it a company is to say it's a company that owns nothing (except whatever code has been written since last time it was opensourced)

Huh

This "Open Source Coins = DAC" make no sense
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:07:18 PM

and I'm not just picking on XC fwiw
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

Dev Team I admire all of you but with the speed of the new tech releases nowadays in the crypto world we will need to move our ass a bit faster with the releases, updates, and start to deliver our features much faster. I don't know if Dan is working on is own or not he is not posting here since very long time and I would like to know where we are at the moment and what we can expect for the next upcoming future. Rev 2.5 was expected at the beginning a while ago... I am excited by where the XC project is headed but I see other coins delivering decentralised Markets, first android staking wallets bitshares...etc

I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:41:10 PM

I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

For whatever it's worth - from what I can tell XC is moving much faster than other coins.  There are coins that have features XC doesn't have and so they run out and try to grab it (include advertising and call it a touring "platform"), anon chat, etc.

Look at Monero.  They don't even have an official wallet yet.  And their website hasn't been updated in 2 months.  
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

From the article - "With development led by Boston based Dan Metcalk, XCurrency is still technically a DAC."

Where did he get the idea that XC is a DAC?  As far as I knew, there isn't anything contained within XC that would qualifies anything of that nature at this time.  Is he confusing XC with the recent BTSX excitement or is there a veiled hint in there?

Web 3.0

Finally the outside world is catching up on the fact of XC being a company instead of "just a coin" And those XC "coins" you are holding? well those are stock. I've been saying this for months.
I wouldn't be surprised if some bigshot company swoops down and says "listen Dan, we want to buy ALL of your tech, the messaging, your web 3.0 EVERYTHING" Well when that happens, any XC holder will have a very big grin on their face. If you hold 1k+ XC and such a takeover is even suggested you won't need to work another day in your life again. I am not saying that XC will ever be sold, but take it from me there will be huge interest.

It won't be tomorrow, but the fundamentals are being laid out further every day. Just hold on to your "coins" and don't ever make the mistake of selling them because you are impatient.

The trick to being succesful in this crazy crypto world is to invest in platforms that offer real world applicability, not just in "crypto currencies". Crypto won't be going away, you can count on that. But in the end only a couple of currencies will prevail, which are being used in infrastructures or platforms. These platforms have to offer something that people either need or want, with XC it's privacy and that's something that, in the light of current and future world affairs, everybody needs and wants. That gives intrinsic value to the XC platform, regardless of current unit price or market cap.

Except everything is delayed opensource?  So to call it a company is to say it's a company that owns nothing (except whatever code has been written since last time it was opensourced)

Huh

This "Open Source Coins = DAC" make no sense

In a way think of it as a trade secret. Ask KFC for the recipe for the breading on the chicken and I bet you will be laughed out of the office. XC is the same way, but it IS open sourced, just on a delay ... that way when the next 100 clones come out they use tech that is old.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

I don't see why it always has to be the open source model - at the moment
it's important to build trust and confidence but ultimately there might be other models. If e.g. the XC infrastructure/code were bought
out by e.g. apple, for sure future developments would no longer be open source.
(Of course we'd all have to rely on the goodness of apple to preserve the trustless principle but that's a different question.)

And anyway first mover advantage is everything - delayed open source still keeps XC ahead of the pack.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:44:25 PM

Look at Monero.  They don't even have an official wallet yet.  And their website hasn't been updated in 2 months.  

And yet this very coin is traded at a higher price than XC... tell me how that works ?

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
cryptico

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:45:44 PM

And yet this very coin is traded at a higher price than XC... tell me how that works ?

the bitcoin dark and librex pump got me depressed a lot today....

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:46:31 PM

....I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

What, you impatient? Say it isn't so.  ahahah   Grin

...I do not want to set s shit-storm just asking for few updates

Any News on what will be the reward for XC Holders with the Qibuck agreement? Are the XC daily Updates Over? Any Updates on Rev2.5?

Thank you

Im getting nervous

Announcement? not 2359PM Us time please

...also but the waiting is killing me we had no updates anymore for rev2.5 since very long and the undisclosed privacy feature is still disclosed

When we will know a bit more about Rev 2.5??

Has been how long two months since the Rev2 revision? It is nearly September... I thought It was going to be ready by now.. frustration grows...

How is going with the GUI for Rev 2.5 Teka can you give us a little preview Smiley Smiley
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:47:08 PM

I don't see why it always has to be the open source model - at the moment
it's important to build trust and confidence but ultimately there might be other models. If e.g. the XC infrastructure/code were bought
out by e.g. apple, for sure future developments would no longer be open source.
(Of course we'd all have to rely on the goodness of apple to preserve the trustless principle but that's a different question.)

And anyway first mover advantage is everything - delayed open source still keeps XC ahead of the pack.

Dude, you think the general public gives 2 shits about if something is open sourced or not? I will use the KFC analogy again, people dont care as long as its yummy... same with cryptos, they wont care as long as it "works" and is as easy as possible with all the features they want. Simple as that.

tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:47:25 PM

I mostly see a flat support with descending resistance like a descending triangle but before the end of this triangle many release can change the patern.

Right now without releasing news or update we are going to see .00126 (support) for the 28 august but its just a big probability.
cryptico

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

....I don't know if I am becoming too impatient but the frustration keeps growing inside me. Please give me your feedback guys. Am I becoming an impatient ass or this feeling is justified?

What, you impatient? Say it isn't so.  ahahah   Grin

Any News on what will be the reward for XC Holders with the Qibuck agreement? Are the XC daily Updates Over? Any Updates on Rev2.5?

Thank you

Im getting nervous

...also but the waiting is killing me we had no updates anymore for rev2.5 since very long and the undisclosed privacy feature is still disclosed

Has been how long two months since the Rev2 revision? It is nearly September... I thought It was going to be ready by now.. frustration grows...

How is going with the GUI for Rev 2.5 Teka can you give us a little preview Smiley Smiley

ahaahhahahhaha Im def Impatient by nature this thread is killing me Smiley hopefully im not coming out as an ass Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

ahaahhahahhaha Im def Impatient by nature this thread is killing me Smiley

I hear ya, so am I.  I'm ready for some news too.

Nah, I don't see you coming across as an ass.  I was just having some fun at your expense.   Smiley
FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

I mostly see a flat support with descending resistance like a descending triangle but before the end of this triangle many release can change the patern.

Everybody sees what they want to see. I see a bull flag http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/education/trading_tips/trend_of_the_day/2012/02/21/How_to_Trade_Bullish_Flag_Patterns.html
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:51:53 PM

I tried a few times and hit brick walls.  My biggest beef with XC has to do with the PoS as I believe it is fundamentally anti adoption.  It discourages it.  

Monero intentionally made their adoption curve slow (vs doing a quick 1 - 3 month mine).  This will offer more time rather than people accumulating the coins and then holding on to them while trying to drive the price up by inventing features.  Currency needs consensus.  And I think that's what the feature hounds don't get ... speculation may drive short term price.  But adoption drives consensus.  And PoW is better for adoption / consensus than PoS.

(I actually suspect that PoS after a 3 year mining phase would work fine.)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:54:01 PM

Before I'm accused of being a shill - I'm not in Monero or any anon coins.  I still think the winner hasn't shown up yet.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 08:56:03 PM

For whatever it's worth - from what I can tell XC is moving much faster than other coins.  There are coins that have features XC doesn't have and so they run out and try to grab it (include advertising and call it a touring "platform"), anon chat, etc.

Are you sure you aren't confusing impatience with greed?  XC has a roadmap and is proceeding according to schedule.

And yes, let's look at Monero.  They don't have a too-slick promo video, or make you want to punish them for using terms like "Web 3.0."

Monero does however have a 100% open-source repo with frequent commits, and at least two wallets competing to be the Official One.

Proof: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

Can your coin, err, I mean "super-cyber distributed autonomous corporation" do that?   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

Dev Team I admire all of you but with the speed of the new tech releases nowadays in the crypto world we will need to move our ass a bit faster with the releases, updates, and start to deliver our features much faster. I don't know if Dan is working on is own or not he is not posting here since very long time and I would like to know where we are at the moment and what we can expect for the next upcoming future. Rev 2.5 was expected at the beginning a while ago... I am excited by where the XC project is headed but I see other coins delivering decentralised Markets, first android staking wallets bitshares...etc

we don't need a new release we need big players to join the party. just look at drk, there new releases lead to a price drop

i think XC devs are delivering a great product and releasing stuff that isn't finished, won't create a better market perception

but i know what you mean, a price increase would really be nice to give investors the feeling that they are in the right train Wink
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:59:29 PM

What, you impatient? Say it isn't so.  ahahah   Grin

Thank you

Im getting nervous

ahaahhahahhaha Im def Impatient by nature this thread is killing me Smiley

Classic!!

But anyway if it makes a different I don't think it's assish to be worried - this is a race for great tech but also market/brand recognition. The network effect is crucial and we are still
waiting for the tech developments before XC is launched and any of that happens. This is probably a good thing as you have to have something very solid and novel to sell if it is going to really be a game changer and we are certainly getting that. But no doubt we all want to see that part start to happen .  
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

Before I'm accused of being a shill - I'm not in Monero or any anon coins.  I still think the winner hasn't shown up yet.

I find it curious that many people think there will be "one" winner in crypto.  I see a world coming with numerous crypto currencies serving different needs and uses.  I think several that are already here will be here for some time to come, XC of course being one of those.  I just can't see this all ending with just one currency!
Pages: « 1 ... 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: