Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625091 times)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:29:30 PM

smooth can we see a preview of the gui wallet

The first wallet is going to be based on the cryptonote reference wallet, so it looks just like good old Bitcoin-Qt (which cryptonote forked to develop it). I'm not going to say it is sexy, but it gets the job done.

Later we can consider other prettier wallets (Monero has one that includes just dhe UI code and requires integration, for example) and especially mobile wallet, but that's down the road.

You can see some pictures of cryptonote reference wallet running here:

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=609

Nice preview of your own wallet, which you coded.

Let's get this coin on Poloniex and we can moon after.

Seriously, you are not coherent.  You are doing exactly the same as you reproach smooth.  If you consider him a douchebag, you're just part of the same club now.

Thanks for the cheap coins.

Doesn't matter how hard I and the rest of the community members tried to answer his questions and trolling he refused to stop. He picked  currency/project that is way above his coding skills.

I had no clue he has an own project until a few hours ago and I must say, it is pathetic that someone has to attack others before even cleaning out his own closet. Sorry, but I can't feel bad for pointing out the obvious on AEON and I'm sorry that you are invested in a project where he is the lead dev. Look at his time management, 90% trolling, 5% coding (MAXIMUM) and 5% off topic.

Implying you can call the coins sourced from smooth's project cheap instead of worthless.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:39:26 PM

The first wallet is going to be based on the cryptonote reference wallet, so it looks just like good old Bitcoin-Qt (which cryptonote forked to develop it). I'm not going to say it is sexy, but it gets the job done.

Later we can consider other prettier wallets (Monero has one that includes just dhe UI code and requires integration, for example) and especially mobile wallet, but that's down the road.

Seriously, you are not coherent.  You are doing exactly the same as you reproach smooth.  If you consider him a douchebag, you're just part of the same club now.

Doesn't matter how hard I and the rest of the community members tried to answer his questions and trolling he refused to stop. He picked  currency/project that is way above his coding skills.

I had no clue he has an own project until a few hours ago and I must say, it is pathetic that someone has to attack others before even cleaning out his own closet. Sorry, but I can't feel bad for pointing out the obvious on AEON and I'm sorry that you are invested in a project where he is the lead dev. Look at his time management, 90% trolling, 5% coding (MAXIMUM) and 5% off topic.

Implying you can call the coins sourced from smooth's project cheap instead of worthless.

I'm not here to defend him especially. I've asked around before investing and most of the people said Smooth was controversial BUT legit.  I believe he has more skills than most of the shitcoins devs out there and we'll actually see some REAL development on it soon.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:41:34 PM

I'm not here to defend him especially. I've asked around before investing and most of the people said Smooth was controversial BUT legit.  I believe he has more skills than most of the shitcoins devs out there and we'll actually see some REAL development on it soon.

You believe that according to what?

He has almost 0 commits on the monero github and claims to be a monero dev. This coin is a 1:1 copy of monero with him maybe forking a gui wallet of the cryptonote team in the future.

Meanwhile he as a developer spends his time trolling other projects 0-24 on Bitcointalk. He is the real deal, good luck.

broadsword

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:56:51 PM

I'm not here to defend him especially. I've asked around before investing and most of the people said Smooth was controversial BUT legit.  I believe he has more skills than most of the shitcoins devs out there and we'll actually see some REAL development on it soon.

He has almost 0 commits on the monero github and claims to be a monero dev. This coin is a 1:1 copy of monero with him maybe forking a gui wallet of the cryptonote team in the future.

Meanwhile he as a developer spends his time trolling other projects 0-24 on Bitcointalk. He is the real deal, good luck.

ahh just seen why traumchiff is attacking aeon, smooth is putting some valid points on vnl so that is why traumschiff and givn the price of vnl falling its not going down well with you. lol
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:03:44 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 03:02:14 PM by Arux

... and a proper precompiled miner?

AOEN is fair coin.
(taken from the OP)

I don't see this to be fair to everyone. Loads of crypto users are less tech oriented, own a windows OS and can't compile wallets. This doesn't seem to be fair to every miner.

LOL, you're kidding us.
Official win64 Phoenix (0.9.0.0) binaries was available before hardfork : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg11935477#msg11935477 (and not mandatory 0.9.1.1 win64 binaries are available today)

win64 binaries of miner was available before hardfork too:
ccminer to mine with nvidia gpu https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg11897727#msg11897727 by myagui
wolf and lucasjones cpuminer to mine with cpu https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg12049159#msg12049159 by myself

ok they're not "official" but myagui and myself are not recognized as serial scammers at last news. we engage our respectability (and we don't use fake/noob account like shitcoin's dev)

any windows users had the same tools as linux users at #59200. what was unfair???

please, when you say something, try to be right.

broadsword

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:04:32 PM

Oh so he posted specifically in a topic entitled "Dash is going nowhere"? 

Did he go to the official Dash topic and start unwantedly bashing Dash to its supporters?  No?

Because if not, I think you are being whiny and worried too much about the opinions of smooth and his activity. 

Perhaps you should pay the same attention to fixing the glaring (and unfixable) issues with the currencies you mention.  This topic is silly and needs to be moved to "Meta" at best, and removed entirely at worst.

Here's what actually happened. Someone on the Dash thread claimed that "the community voted not to relaunch". Now being a student of the Dash scam history, I found that surprising since I had never seen any evidence of it. Of course, it is patently absurd that a few dozen extreme early adopters voting not to relaunch after 2 billions coins were mined in 0.2 seconds or whatever it was would legitimatize it, so the argument would be false even if true, but in fact it seems to be false and false.

Now I happen to be willing to call out the Dash scammers on their bullshit because I'm not a party to this whole green wall of silence that exists around here were "devs" of scam coins don't criticize other scam coins because everyone is better off if you just keep quiet and scam-and-let-scam.

The result of me calling out of their bullshit was personal attacks against me, against every project I've ever been associated with going back to building a firetruck out of tinkertoys some years ago, and against my pet cricket. Of course this sort of behavior is going to result in many posts, in which I might add, essentially all of my posts (except perhaps when I responded directly to the baseless accusation of, and this is an actual quote, "running a scam") was on-topic on the subject of what did happen and did not happen with the Dash instamine and the community early adopters instaminers-and-whales (Ding!) who then decided to take the instamine and run with it, but now want it kept quiet.

It's really quite simple why they have a problem with me. I've never been involved with any scam of any kind. No scam businesses, no scam coins, no scam loans, no scam anything. No project I've ever been involved with has a premine, ninjamine, ninja-turtle mine, instamine, or any other kind of rip off or fraud. Despite false accusations from Dash supporters rabid dogs to the contrary, my forum trust is not bought, it was earned through honest dealings. I've never had any other forum account, sock puppet, nick or identity (other than the 'aeon' account that was handed to me by the previous developer and I use only to update the OP), and no one else has ever controlled this account since I registered it in 2011. There is no legitimate issue of scamming or trustworthiness or trickery. They simply don't like that I call out their bullshit.

Here's a public service announcement for X-coin/Darkcoin/Dash, Bytecoin, Vanillacoin, Bitcoin XT shills, and all the the rest of the scammers I've criticized and will continue to criticize:

If you want me to stop calling out your bullshit, stop bullshitting

Oh so he posted specifically in a topic entitled "Dash is going nowhere"? 

Did he go to the official Dash topic and start unwantedly bashing Dash to its supporters?  No?

Because if not, I think you are being whiny and worried too much about the opinions of smooth and his activity. 

Perhaps you should pay the same attention to fixing the glaring (and unfixable) issues with the currencies you mention.  This topic is silly and needs to be moved to "Meta" at best, and removed entirely at worst.

Here's what actually happened. Someone on the Dash thread claimed that "the community voted not to relaunch". Now being a student of the Dash scam history, I found that surprising since I had never seen any evidence of it. Of course, it is patently absurd that a few dozen extreme early adopters voting not to relaunch after 2 billions coins were mined in 0.2 seconds or whatever it was would legitimatize it, so the argument would be false even if true, but in fact it seems to be false and false.

Now I happen to be willing to call out the Dash scammers on their bullshit because I'm not a party to this whole green wall of silence that exists around here were "devs" of scam coins don't criticize other scam coins because everyone is better off if you just keep quiet and scam-and-let-scam.

The result of me calling out of their bullshit was personal attacks against me, against every project I've ever been associated with going back to building a firetruck out of tinkertoys some years ago, and against my pet cricket. Of course this sort of behavior is going to result in many posts, in which I might add, essentially all of my posts (except perhaps when I responded directly to the baseless accusation of, and this is an actual quote, "running a scam") was on-topic on the subject of what did happen and did not happen with the Dash instamine and the community early adopters instaminers-and-whales (Ding!) who then decided to take the instamine and run with it, but now want it kept quiet.

It's really quite simple why they have a problem with me. I've never been involved with any scam of any kind. No scam businesses, no scam coins, no scam loans, no scam anything. No project I've ever been involved with has a premine, ninjamine, ninja-turtle mine, instamine, or any other kind of rip off or fraud. Despite false accusations from Dash supporters rabid dogs to the contrary, my forum trust is not bought, it was earned through honest dealings. I've never had any other forum account, sock puppet, nick or identity (other than the 'aeon' account that was handed to me by the previous developer and I use only to update the OP), and no one else has ever controlled this account since I registered it in 2011. There is no legitimate issue of scamming or trustworthiness or trickery. They simply don't like that I call out their bullshit.

Here's a public service announcement for X-coin/Darkcoin/Dash, Bytecoin, Vanillacoin, Bitcoin XT shills, and all the the rest of the scammers I've criticized and will continue to criticize:

If you want me to stop calling out your bullshit, stop bullshitting

top reply from smooth
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:08:32 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 02:26:09 PM by smooth

ok they're not "official" but myagui and myself are not recognized as serial scammers at least news. we engage our respectability (and we don't use

Actually Arux is an official team member, as indicated on the OP. If he puts something out on this thread I consider it official, unless stated otherwise (such as his pool which is a personal effort). myagui is a respected community member.

Development Team
Lead developer: smooth
Release engineering, Q/A, support: Arux
Other roles: open (PM smooth)

Original developer (as Monero fork): anonymous
broadsword

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:10:37 PM

Oh and did you say smooth is a monero developer?

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/graphs/contributors

He has only a few commits and is at the bottom of the list. Seems he spends 2 much time with trolling instead of developing either of "his" coins. Good luck with supporting his project.

>

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 28 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

>

haha lol part where traumschiff quotes post on own thread aeon 3 and monero 0 lol

go recheck it yourself and count again and note the post they aint no pumping post either

traumschiff are really that much of a threat to vanilla coin "unique code"lol
imihal44

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:12:17 PM

..you starting to be really boring,with all same staff that we all see many many times in crypto,if you dont have something  else to do ,please use energy that you probably have and go do your dailly job or if you dont have job with this kind of persistens you will sure get one...thx
Radouch

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 02:26:51 PM

Well, I do not claim to be an expert. But I can see all crypto currencies have got enough own problems. It would be really nice if everyone could take care about his coin for some time. I believe any literate person is able to draw his/her own conclusions from this debate. Enough is enough. Thanks.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:53:05 PM

ya guys lets get back to our job and focus on our own work.. I hold both Vanilla and Aeon and surprised to read all these conversation here accusing each other for nothing. We are still trying to make a better bitcoin faster and quicker, easy and convenient crypto money and everyone has a chance still like John has in Vanilla and Smooth has in Aeon, Lets see who comes out best.. Wink
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:59:39 PM

I guess we're a real coin now, we have trolls!

I AM THE BIGGEST FAN OF AEON!
Wow, I have never seen a dev throw this kind of tantrum before. This is just... I want to paint this moment.

VNL dev hows VNL coming along?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920344.0

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
aerbax

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:29:53 PM

Miners:  We need 2 or 3 of you to move over to Aruh's pool to spread things out a bit.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:33:25 PM

Miners:  We need 2 or 3 of you to move over to Aruh's pool to spread things out a bit.

Yes, and if you are CPU mining, or just running a node/wallet, consider solo mining. It's still not too hard to get blocks.

More features will roll out to encourage and facilitate wallet mining but for now please keep the network strong!
broadsword

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:49:52 PM

once the pruning feature out will be easy to have wallet. definitely a plus
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:35:54 PM

Reminder and warning to miners:

Please do NOT mine on my pool with an exchange address. In order to know a payment is from you, exchanges need a payment id, and my pool does not support custom payment ids on payouts, so the coins will get to the exchange without being tagged as being for you.

If you want to mine, please mine to your own wallet, where a payment id is not needed.

Additionally, there is another pool at http://52.8.47.33:8080/ when mine approaches 50% (as it is now).
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:42:28 PM

This whole VNL copyright copyright infringement and obfuscation is very interesting. I'd thought this was a very interesting coin, even if the zero confirmation whitepaper I'd ready seemed to not include any technical details, but I'd chalked that down on not having read the initial whitepaper, and assumed the tech details were implied to be there.

So thanks for the word of warning, Traumschiff, smooth, erok. Doesn't mean it's necessarily all bad, but it certainly casts this in another light.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

This whole VNL copyright copyright infringement and obfuscation is very interesting. I'd thought this was a very interesting coin, even if the zero confirmation whitepaper I'd ready seemed to not include any technical details, but I'd chalked that down on not having read the initial whitepaper, and assumed the tech details were implied to be there.

So thanks for the word of warning, Traumschiff, smooth, erok. Doesn't mean it's necessarily all bad, but it certainly casts this in another light.

I said it was shit, I knew the code was stolen from Bitcoin, I had a hunch when I read it from github but all you'll receive for alerting people is hate PMs and mods deleting your posts.
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:31:03 PM

I said it was shit, I knew the code was stolen from Bitcoin, I had a hunch when I read it from github but all you'll receive for alerting people is hate PMs and mods deleting your posts.

Lets keep this thread to AEON. Like this we may not attract more furious VNL supporters.
exciter0

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:41:06 PM

Appears to work fine, I specified 2 threads with --donate and --mining-threads 2

Code:
2015-Aug-13 13:16:04.009221 [P2P7]Mining has started with 2 threads, good luck!
2015-Aug-13 13:16:04.009217 Miner thread was started [0]
2015-Aug-13 13:16:04.009265 Miner thread was started [1]
show_hr
hashrate: 163.1429
hashrate: 164.3750

At the current hashrate, it'll take extreme luck to find a block solo...  Grin

In our case, roughly 1/3 of the hash power is on MoneroMooo's pool, and at times that has been >50%.

And it is now rising again, and close to 50%.
Some may want to consider solo mining, or pool mining on http://52.8.47.33:8080/  - not all of you though Cheesy.

Yes I agree. Leave MonerMooo with a nice chunk, he's a good supporter of the project, but not such a nice chunk!

Good reminder to try out the new --donate feature from the github master. Has anyone tried it? Any reports.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: