Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:06:32 PM

I'm assuming the devs are fixing the issues rather than communicating right now, but one thing to always remember in crypto (if you are the skeptical sort) ... delays/devs waiting to release info/problems can be quite profitable if handled correctly. For many coins, I've wondered if silence or problems were created by the devs themselves ... as the gloom and doom magically vanishes as the devs fix whatever the problem was and become more active in the forum.. price of course then recovers = nice profit.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but a simple temp. fix + dev announcement, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the price go back to its regular levels pretty quickly.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

My operating assumption is that the devs aren't communicating so that they can accumulate cheap coins and sell them high when they announce that everything's cool again.

It's one thing to be "very busy coding" but another not to drop a line on the forums for so many days with your entire network down.

Edit: Sup poornamelessme

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:07:49 PM

Also when calling out the developers here it is ironic that you indirectly also call Satoshi, the creator of the very forum you're writing on and the BTC you claim to support - incompetent.  Grin

You must have your coins confused.  I dont see anywhere where Satoshi was called incompetent in this blog.  Explain.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:20:04 PM

Also when calling out the developers here it is ironic that you indirectly also call Satoshi, the creator of the very forum you're writing on and the BTC you claim to support - incompetent.  Grin

You must have your coins confused.  I dont see anywhere where Satoshi was called incompetent in this blog.  Explain.

Read again, it was directed at Starik69
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:27:03 PM

My operating assumption is that the devs aren't communicating so that they can accumulate cheap coins and sell them high when they announce that everything's cool again.

It's one thing to be "very busy coding" but another not to drop a line on the forums for so many days with your entire network down.

Edit: Sup poornamelessme

For me its pretty logical they will update us when they have something new to tell us. I mean saying things like - we are working on it, it will be fixed soon,... wont convince anyone now because lots of people lost faith.

Today actually wasnt soo bad after all - i have managed to increase stake in XCR for almost 20% because of selling-buying back at lower price. Lets hope the big dumpers have all gone to another coin. If not, i am ready for another 20% tomorow  Tongue
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:56:36 PM

Hey I red that the blockchain is down at the moment, I´m in on 1900 @2,5 BTC´s so Yes I´m pissed of !!!!!
Now I saw that the balance of my Online-Wallet is sero, is this normal when the blockchain is down ?

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

Hey I red that the blockchain is down at the moment, I´m in on 1900 @2,5 BTC´s so Yes I´m pissed of !!!!!
Now I saw that the balance of my Online-Wallet is sero, is this normal when the blockchain is down ?

I just checked my wallet and its fine. Your wallet shouldnt be zero!

Probably you just mistype the password  Huh
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

The forks were due to the short 60 second block timing, and that the node was communicating with every other node in that minute. This worked well with 50 nodes on testnet, but did not work when scaled up.  The Proof of Time algo was a great idea, to reward loyal forgers, but it is a bottleneck at present. 
OMG!  Shocked
They really thought that such simple algo will work on network with >1000 nodes? :doublefacepalm:   Roll Eyes

It's obviously not scalable to have "everybody talking to everybody during all blocktimes".

For PoT to be implemented, the total pool of nodes is going to have to be divided into a number of subpools where only nodes in one subpool have the "possible right" to forge during a given blocktime, only one node in this subpool actually DOES forge during this blocktime, only one choosen subpool talks "everybody to everybody" during this blocktime, and all other subpools must STFU during this blocktime.   The max subpool size is dependent on what will work in the real world, and the "devil in the details" is how nodes are added and subtracted to an appropriate subpool as they come online or go offline.

Not an impossible problem, but tricky, and it would avoid both the PoW ASIC arms race of Bitcoin and the PoS hoarding problem of NXT to set a new and viable 2.0 standard methodology.   I'm hodling.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:59:53 PM

I just checked my wallet and its fine. Your wallet shouldnt be zero!

Probably you just mistype the password  Huh

THX for your answer.

I tried it again,.. now I see my Coins. I think I copied the wrong pass-phrase  Tongue
Litoshi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:12:52 PM

one thing hold me from sell,is i will regret later if i do...trader onyl take advantage of panics...

The Chinese characters for crisis are "trouble" and "opportunity".

S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

Price is below IPO or not?  Huh Sad
ipo price was 800. no? i sold all stake at 1500 and wanted re-buy. but now i don't think so... maybe i'm wrong.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:29:50 PM

Price is below IPO or not?  Huh Sad
ipo price was 800. no? i sold all stake at 1500 and wanted re-buy. but now i don't think so... maybe i'm wrong.

I think it was 880 if I recall correctly.. Yes on the sidelines for the most part. I do have some coins..

Avalanche is a must own
Litoshi

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:17:33 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 10:30:22 PM by Litoshi

MintPal Exchange
Currently under maintenance
Planned Maintenance
Wednesday 1st October - 9:00PM UTC
The migration to V2 has begun, and the site will be unavailable for up to 24 hours as a result.
Please keep an eye on Twitter for updates as the migration proceeds.

XCR on Mintpal soon.

atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

MintPal Exchange
Planned Maintenance
The migration to V2 has begun, and the site will be unavailable for up to 24 hours as a result.

XCR on Mintpal soon.

Do you really think XCR is going to be added in this situation? With a lot of forks and bugs?

Even BTER has frozen XCR withdrawals and deposits
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:32:13 PM

MintPal Exchange
Planned Maintenance

XCR on Mintpal soon.

I have my fingers crossed that the network is up and running by then.
Else it is more of a disaster than good having a completely empty market.
If the Crypti team wants to salvage the situation, now will be the time.
Else I am not even sure they will be listed.

Fingers crossed they deliver.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

Okay so now where is the temporary fix? I'm sorry guys, but we've kept on hearing that bug fixes are around the corner, and there's been nothing to show for it.

We literally can't trust your word anymore, for example just 3 days ago SyRenity, said that you guys found and isolated the problem and that once it passed testing you would release 0.1.7 which fixed the PoT bug along with the Windows Wallet. Then today BitSeed informed us that for some reason a temporary fix to the PoT will be released "soon", with a permanent solution and Windows Wallet to be released "two weeks from now". Which one is it?

Now if you look at things from a bigger perspective, what about the Custom Blockchains, which were originally due out at the beginning of September? Is it coming out soon, is it "around the corner" as has been said many times? With the slow progress that has been made, I honestly don't even think that we'll see Custom Blockchains this year. As it is the Windows Wallet now will only be coming out late October.

What's more in the midst of all this chaos, you guys are spending time choosing a new logo? I know how hypocritical that sounds, when I was the one heavily criticizing your teams lackadaisical approach to design, but considering the quality of the designs put forward, Crypti is far better off staying with its current design. How about forgetting about the design aspect for a while, believe me the new designs would do more harm than good, and just focus on actually delivering on some of your releases, like the Windows Wallet or Custom Blockchains. Once you've delivered that, then talk about design again. There isn't anything wrong with Crypti's current design and some of the designs put forward just look downright terrible.

The network has been down for close to a week now, and what is worrisome is that it was treated like no big deal for the first few days. The team's communication has been appalling throughout this whole process. We shouldn't have to ask you for more information or for an update, it is your job to provide us with adequate information so that we can get a grasp on the situation.

And I know exactly how responses to this post will sound. "Crypti is new technology, there will always be unforseen bugs...", "We can't guarantee anything on release times due to the nature of these things..." etc, etc. The time deadlines aren't what we are complaining about, it's the way that you've communicated with your community, or failed to do so throughout this whole situation that is the problem. As you can see, there was a massive dump on BTER. The thing is people haven't lost faith in the network, they've lost faith in your teams' ability to deliver.

Exactly.

+1

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:25:55 PM

Okay so now where is the temporary fix? I'm sorry guys, but we've kept on hearing that bug fixes are around the corner, and there's been nothing to show for it.

We literally can't trust your word anymore, for example just 3 days ago SyRenity, said that you guys found and isolated the problem and that once it passed testing you would release 0.1.7 which fixed the PoT bug along with the Windows Wallet. Then today BitSeed informed us that for some reason a temporary fix to the PoT will be released "soon", with a permanent solution and Windows Wallet to be released "two weeks from now". Which one is it?

Now if you look at things from a bigger perspective, what about the Custom Blockchains, which were originally due out at the beginning of September? Is it coming out soon, is it "around the corner" as has been said many times? With the slow progress that has been made, I honestly don't even think that we'll see Custom Blockchains this year. As it is the Windows Wallet now will only be coming out late October.

What's more in the midst of all this chaos, you guys are spending time choosing a new logo? I know how hypocritical that sounds, when I was the one heavily criticizing your teams lackadaisical approach to design, but considering the quality of the designs put forward, Crypti is far better off staying with its current design. How about forgetting about the design aspect for a while, believe me the new designs would do more harm than good, and just focus on actually delivering on some of your releases, like the Windows Wallet or Custom Blockchains. Once you've delivered that, then talk about design again. There isn't anything wrong with Crypti's current design and some of the designs put forward just look downright terrible.

The network has been down for close to a week now, and what is worrisome is that it was treated like no big deal for the first few days. The team's communication has been appalling throughout this whole process. We shouldn't have to ask you for more information or for an update, it is your job to provide us with adequate information so that we can get a grasp on the situation.

And I know exactly how responses to this post will sound. "Crypti is new technology, there will always be unforseen bugs...", "We can't guarantee anything on release times due to the nature of these things..." etc, etc. The time deadlines aren't what we are complaining about, it's the way that you've communicated with your community, or failed to do so throughout this whole situation that is the problem. As you can see, there was a massive dump on BTER. The thing is people haven't lost faith in the network, they've lost faith in your teams' ability to deliver.

Exactly.

+1

Well over 12 hours have passed and there is no sign of the temporary fix, let alone a simple status update regarding the fix. Since BitSeed posted that update earlier today, not a single other dev has come in here and said anything regarding the issue whatsoever. Litoshi has tried to keep us updated, but he shouldn't be the one having to give us updates.

GreXX was supposed to be working on a status update over 10 hours ago. I highly doubt that it would take 10 hours to write up a status update and publish it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the team's communication with the rest of the community during this whole situation has been atrocious.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:05:43 AM

These are the facts

Crypti probably started by Milderprod (NXTer) hiding behind sockpuppet developer account
Crypti started in Moscow (in a country that is banning cryptos in 2015 and Russia is where a lot of scams come from)
Crypti announced in June (while NEM announced in January and NODE in like February or March)
Crypti organized big IPO (750 BTC plus additional BTC post-launch that was spent on this)
Crypti steals ideas and concepts from NXT, NEM and NODE.
Crypti released bugged piece of $hit and runs off with all the IPO monies.

Who is surprised?  Not me.  Obvious scam from the beginning.

Time to cut your losses and move those funds back into NXT, NEM or NODE.  

NODE is based in Ukraine but Ukraine =/= Russia.  BTC is already on 5000 bank terminals in Ukraine (how many terminals is BTC on in Russia?  0 as in zero).

Ukraine for many centuries was a land of democracy and freedom.  Hetmanate was a democratic republican state with a free market before the United States even existed.  How did it end?  Obvious - Russia invaded them just like Russia later invaded everybody else and imposed tyranny.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cossack_Hetmanate
(1649–1764)

OIC........ When WWI ended and the Ottoman Empire folded, the Ukraine was left an independent state, which was then taken over by Pavlo Skoropadskyi, Hetman of Ukraine, a dictator.  He was overthrown 9 months later by the Bolsheviks.  

Thus, proof positive that Crypti is a scam! ! ! ! ! !  GET A LIFE

I know who all the devs are, and have pics of them.  SHow me a pic of "Milderprod" and we can compare.  

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 12:15:59 AM

Exactly.

+1

Well over 12 hours have passed and there is no sign of the temporary fix, let alone a simple status update regarding the fix. Since BitSeed posted that update earlier today, not a single other dev has come in here and said anything regarding the issue whatsoever. Litoshi has tried to keep us updated, but he shouldn't be the one having to give us updates.

GreXX was supposed to be working on a status update over 10 hours ago. I highly doubt that it would take 10 hours to write up a status update and publish it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the team's communication with the rest of the community during this whole situation has been atrocious.

Ok I'm on my mobile so this is not an in-depth post... Grexx is PR and we decided to let him do his job rather then having a bunch of the team jumping on here and giving you bits and pieces... So your right it doesn't take 10hrs to draft a update.. however Grexx works in a place he can not take electronic devices... So when he left this morning.. he had a draft made up ready to post... However our team made very big progress over the night.. and we wanted the Update post to be as spot on as possible.. So while he was at work we needed to make sure the progress we made was indeed stable... and we have been doing that all day!! So yes Grexx will update you with the progress we made.. 

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Litoshi

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:18:13 AM

I would never buy a digital currency from any Russian whatsoever, as a people they do not culturally respect democracy or the free market and Crypti is evident of that.  Same Russia that is banning all digital currencies in 2015 because they need to control everything.

So we have now established that you are not an investor in Crypti, just a bigot with a hatred of all things Russian.

Your creditability is then ZERO in this blog.

Go FUD somewhere else, bigot

Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: