Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:45:37 AM

Worst case scenario he gets fined $2500 or/he is forced to take down something that he cannot when the network has been decentralized

I think

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:05:45 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 11:27:45 AM by Litoshi

If I had invested "Hugely" in the IPO, I could have sold my XCR for double what I paid for it and been 15BTC ahead......... similar to many that bought in the IPO.   

But, I did invest, but nit "hugely".  I have increased my investment since then, but I am not in the top 25% of investors.  I do expect XCR to increase in price as the value of the coin increases, but it is not going to be "sudden and overnight".

For the potential of "sudden and overnight" price increases in a commodity, my money is in mining stocks.  It is the only area that is underpriced right now, and offers the best shot at 10-30 fold increases in price in a short time period.  BUT......timing is the hardest part of any investment.  Better to be a year early than a day late. 

I am curious Litoshi, which areas of mining are worth in your opinion to invest in? and which website/exchange do you recommend to invest/monitor in that fields?

Eth.

OH OH ........ thread drift coming...........  you ask,  I answer.......

If you are interested in mining stocks, I suggest you check out  http://www.kitco.com/
Lots of daily articles and news from the mining world, not just gold and silver, although that seems to be the main focus.  Also tables on current prices of metals, currencies, and ETFs.  They even have a pool fund where you can trade shares in physical metals.  You can take delivery or buy/sell as you wish. 

There is a weekly article written by Bill Matlack, rating the mining companies on a scale for buy/hold/sell:
http://www.kitco.com/ind/Matlack/2014-09-29-Metals-Mining-Analysts-Ratings-Estimates-Seniors.html

The lower the number, the better the buy.  There are two articles weekly, one rates the Juniors, another the Seniors.  I don't invest in the Juniors, as they are either exploration companies without mining operations, or start-ups that have not produced any metal.  Seniors are the mature, producing companies.

Likely the best buy right now is Silver Wheaton.  This company does not mine.  The company purchased metal in the ground from miners needing cash years ago, and as it is mined, the company receives either the metal or the sale price.  Silver Wheaton is getting silver for around $3-5 an ounce right now. 

The reason the miners are a good buy now, is because the COMEX price for metals has been manipulated down to the cost of production, and even below the cost of production.  So when the price of Silver rises even a few dollars, it is all profit.  A price rise of $10 an ounce would likely raise the stock value 10X or more.  $50 silver would see 100X stock prices.

Silver is an industrial metal mainly, and most of its uses result in it being thrown away in land fills.  It isn't worth the  energy to recover a few grams of silver or gold from each old cellphone, scrape the silver off old mirrors, or dig the silver out of each old solar panel.  This results in a constant need for new sources of silver.  BTW, most silver is mined as a byproduct of copper, gold, or other base metal mining.  The lower demand for copper and base metals then affects the availability of silver. 

I could go on here for 3 pages, but this is about XCR.  PM me if you have SPECIFIC questions.

Litoshi

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:07:39 AM

Worst case scenario he gets fined $2500 or/he is forced to take down something that he cannot when the network has been decentralized

I think

RIGHT.  The fines imposes by the Russian Federation for dealing in crypto coins are equivalent to traffic fines.   Consider it the cost of dooing business.

EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:20:54 AM

OH OH ........ thread drift coming...........  you ask,  I answer.......

If you are interested in mining stocks, I suggest you check out  http://www.kitco.com/.  
Lots of daily articles and news from the mining world, not just gold and silver, although that seems to be the main focus.  Also tables on current prices of metals, currencies, and ETFs.  They even have a pool fund where you can trade shares in physical metals.  You can take delivery or buy/sell as you wish.  

There is a weekly article written by Bill Matlack, rating the mining companies on a scale for buy/hold/sell:
http://www.kitco.com/ind/Matlack/2014-09-29-Metals-Mining-Analysts-Ratings-Estimates-Seniors.html

The lower the number, the better the buy.  There are two articles weekly, one rates the Juniors, another the Seniors.  I don't invest in the Juniors, as they are either exploration companies without mining operations, or start-ups that have not produced any metal.  Seniors are the mature, producing companies.

Likely the best buy right not is Silver Wheaton.  This company does not mine.  The company purchased metal in the ground from miners needing cash years ago, and as it is mined, the company receives either the metal or the sale price.  Silver Wheaton is getting silver for around $3-5 an ounce right now.  

The reason the miners are a good buy now, is because the COMEX price for metals has been manipulated down to the cost of production, and even below the cost of production.  So when the price of Silver rises even a few dollars, it is all profit.  A price rise of $10 an ounce would likely raise the stock value 10X or more.  $50 silver would see 100X stock prices.

Silver is an industrial metal mainly, and most of its uses result in it being thrown away in land fills.  It isn't worth the  energy to recover a few grams of silver or gold from each old cellphone, scrape the silver off old mirrors, or dig the silver out of each old solar panel.  This results in a constant need for new sources of silver.  BTW, most silver is mined as a byproduct of copper, gold, or other base metal mining.  The lower demand for copper and base metals then affects the availability of silver.  

I could go on here for 3 pages, but this is about XCR.  PM me if you have SPECIFIC questions.

Was expecting a superb answer and I am not disappointed at all.

Will look first around kitco and go on from there, most probably will spam you with questions once I have the basic knowledge to formulate some that actually make sense.

Thanks, maestro.

Eth.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:26:31 AM

I have a Graphene fetish as well. One of the Crypti board members is actively researching it, has his own tube furnaces.

Really? I'd like to learn more, would be great to know who is he/she and exchange some ideas.

I live in a country where manpower is cheap and already have access to a furnace, thoughts racing through my head already...

Eth.

Me too. How likely is it, that Graphene take over the world? How far is the research?

Graphene is a marvelous product, but you dont mine it.  Its pure carbon, which is available everywhere.  It is manufactured in small quantities right now, due to the difficulty of making large sheets or tubes.  I believe the nanotubes are limited to 3mm in length right now.  Not very useful for making a space elevator, but quite useful in a capacitor.

Capacitors are the ultimate storage medium for electricity, but their capacity is limited by their surface area.  Nanotube blocks offer an almost infinite surface area.  The Star Trek phasers would be powered by nanotube capacitors, as no chemical battery could deliver that much power so quickly in a hand held device.   Once electric cars can utilize nanotube batteries, they will have fantastic range, and will no longer be those little metal death traps they are now. 

As for investing?  I don't know.  Graphene is where transistors were in 1950.  Very expensive, limited quantity, and still requiring development and engineering.  Graphene is the future, but as an investment, I am not sure it is worth it right now.  A small company would be too risky to invest in for me.  A large Company. like DOW or DuPont would have a greater chance of success, but the profits from graphene then get diluted by the size of the company. 

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:21:56 PM

I have a Graphene fetish as well. One of the Crypti board members is actively researching it, has his own tube furnaces.

Really? I'd like to learn more, would be great to know who is he/she and exchange some ideas.

I live in a country where manpower is cheap and already have access to a furnace, thoughts racing through my head already...

Eth.

Me too. How likely is it, that Graphene take over the world? How far is the research?

Graphene is a marvelous product, but you dont mine it.  Its pure carbon, which is available everywhere.  It is manufactured in small quantities right now, due to the difficulty of making large sheets or tubes.  I believe the nanotubes are limited to 3mm in length right now.  Not very useful for making a space elevator, but quite useful in a capacitor.

Yes mass production was a very large hurtle to over come... While I really do enjoy a good convo about Graphene... A lot of my work is now confidential... and at the moment a great deal of my focus is on Crypti... which is not all bad... that tube furnace is expensive to run...     

Back to work... We are very busy today!! 

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:43:18 PM

I think

RIGHT.  The fines imposes by the Russian Federation for dealing in crypto coins are equivalent to traffic fines.   Consider it the cost of dooing business.

It looks like they are trying to fight the phenomenon, and not to accumulate funds..
2500$ fine is for individuals, but it's a pretty big one for bitcoin promoting related activities. If they want to to be harsh they probably treat Crypti and its similars as legal entities.
lets say even 25,000$ is possible amount if if it's one time event.  traffic fines for example are not one time event - if you keep braking the law you either keep getting the same fines, or getting bigger punishments.
I'm interested in the team response here. if they will make such laws (which seems they are eager to and the current direction) will you keep going (breaking those laws)?
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:52:13 PM

I think

It looks like they are trying to fight the phenomenon, and not to accumulate funds..
2500$ fine is for individuals, but it's a pretty big one for bitcoin promoting related activities. If they want to to be harsh they probably treat Crypti and its similars as legal entities.
lets say even 25,000$ is possible amount if if it's one time event.  traffic fines for example are not one time event - if you keep braking the law you either keep getting the same fines, or getting bigger punishments.
I'm interested in the team response here. if they will make such laws (which seems they are eager to and the current direction) will you keep going (breaking those laws)?

I don't know how much I am allowed to say, but the problem you declared is only valid in russia. Not a big problem if you think a little bit further. Wink

Litoshi

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:54:05 PM

I think

In the US, proposed laws are really just meant as a fund raiser.  Propose a law that further regulates air travel, and you will receive campaign contributions from lobbyists to make it go away.

This could be a russian version of the same thing.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

I think

The Crypti R&D team and office will be located in Belarus by the end of the month if all goes well.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:46:01 PM

I think

In the US, proposed laws are really just meant as a fund raiser.  Propose a law that further regulates air travel, and you will receive campaign contributions from lobbyists to make it go away.

This could be a russian version of the same thing.

It's not quite that simple. Russia has a strong stance on the use of other currencies within their country and obviously views Bitcoin as both a currency and a commodity. Because they have large holdings in gold as well, it makes the situation even more difficult as I believe they see Bitcoin as a threat to gold in the long term.

5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:01:20 PM

Looks like Mintpal is coming up piece by piece atm

Fingers crossed for XCR

And by the way it's more apparent than ever if XCR want to suceed it needs XCR/USD pair because bitcoin sucks
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:33:40 PM

Fingers crossed for XCR

And by the way it's more apparent than ever if XCR want to suceed it needs XCR/USD pair because bitcoin sucks

Yeah, we should cross fingers for BTC not for XCR :S

330's floor has been broken, is all freefall to 180s from here...

Indeed alts need a USD pair.

Eth.
andyge

Activity: 509
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:17:19 PM

not news....
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

Fingers crossed for XCR

Eth.

Yup!

Also where is Dev (Crypti) I noticed that he hasn't been logged on for a few days. Anyone can prove they spoken to him recently?
And are you meeting deadline tomorrow. Many wait for it, some on the sidelines too.  Undecided
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:12:51 PM

Fingers crossed for XCR

Eth.

Yup!

Also where is Dev (Crypti) I noticed that he hasn't been logged on for a few days. Anyone can prove they spoken to him recently?
And are you meeting deadline tomorrow. Many wait for it, some on the sidelines too.  Undecided

He is currently working 20h a day. Wink

GreXX

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:55:59 PM

Fingers crossed for XCR

Eth.

Yup!

Every member of our team talks to him regularly throughout the day. We locked him in a dungeon like the man in the iron mask. We only let him get like 20 minutes of sunlight a day.

Litoshi

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Every member of our team talks to him regularly throughout the day. We locked him in a dungeon like the man in the iron mask. We only let him get like 20 minutes of sunlight a day.

20 MINUTES!!!!  I thought we cut that down to 3 minutes cuz of the deadline?

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:30:54 PM

Fingers crossed for XCR

Eth.

Yea, bitcoin price movement looks really bad!

It woudnt be bad to sell BTC for fiat.. If Bitcoin price falls even further as pretty much looks like, Crypti development funds will be very small. Risking a whole project like that really isnt smart IMO!
Litoshi

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:15:21 AM

Fingers crossed for XCR

Eth.

Yea, bitcoin price movement looks really bad!

It woudnt be bad to sell BTC for fiat.. If Bitcoin price falls even further as pretty much looks like, Crypti development funds will be very small. Risking a whole project like that really isnt smart IMO!

The BTC are held in an escrow account by Bter, and are only to be released every 3 months.  The escrow agreement was written this way to give assurance to the Crypti community that the devs were not "quick buck" artists, and that they would be around to further develop the coin.

Yes, the price of BTC has gone down.  Nothing we can do about it.

On the bright side, I see the BTC faucets are paying more satoshis now.

Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: