Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:12:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:29:28 AM

oh did u say something? sorry your in IGNORED I can't read what your trying to say...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:02:28 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 05:29:30 AM by jabo38

#account name             name of cosignatory 1        name of cosignatory 2   ....
Sustainability Fund      BloodyRookie                   gimreC                                Makoto1337  mixmaster

Marketing Fund           gimreC                             Makoto1337                           jabo38s        kodtycoon   mixmaster

Operational Costs        BloodyRookie                    Makoto1337                           kodtycoon     jabo38s           mixmaster

Pre-V1 Fund               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   jabo38s   kodtycoon  

Post-V1 Fund              BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   mixmaster   kodtycoon

Contributors               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      jabo38s        kodtycoon      

These are the people in charge of the funds, it's up to you to decide if you trust them. This information plus more is in the nemesisData file in the nem-infrastructure-server-0.6.28-BETA jar.

That is pretty accurate.  But it is soon changing and Saul is also a signer on some of the accounts.  The results come from breaking down the Sustainability Fund into its smaller individual funds.    

Also, we realize that anyone person can't ever be trusted in crypto, and that is the point that those funds were all put in N of N multisig.  So you don't have to trust all of us, you need only trust that at least one person in each group is being honest and diligent.  

Furthermore this funds are being set aside to fuel some pretty cool projects that we hope will make NEM a much greater and much more valuable platform. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:02:58 AM

oh did u say something? sorry your in IGNORED I can't read what your trying to say...

me too. hahahaha

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:16:54 AM

Per everybody, there is an ongoing debate about who controls what in NEM/NXT.  It appears somebody is representing the NXT community by telling lies about NEM, which ultimately I think looks bad on the NXT community.   

I would like to clear it up with some facts and hard numbers that I just posted elsewhere. 

Okay......

Per the debate about distribution that everybody is having.  Here are the hard facts.  The real hard facts. 

74% of NXT is all held by 143 accounts (not far off from the original 70 that originally had 100%)  Or in other words 0.13% of NXT accounts own 74% of all NXT.  https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

74% of NEM is held by only 100 accounts, which looks worse until you release that almost 2/3 of that 74%, (e.i., almost exactly half of all XEM) is money being held not by individuals but by funds held in multisig accounts set aside for massive development and ecosystem projects. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/  And when you exclude those special funds to fuel projects, what is left is one of the most amazing distributions of any crypto.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:36:16 AM

Are all cosigners required for every transaction made from the funds? What happens if one or more of the cosigners would (god forbid) die or lose their key?

Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:04:07 AM

don't feed the uneducated trolls, just ignore them, they have nothing better to do in their lives.

they act tough and everything because they are behind the keyboard...

just simply IGNORE...
"Don't argue with an idiot,because he will make you idiot,and will beat you with own experience"

It is allways better to ignore them Wink

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:05:51 AM

Are all cosigners required for every transaction made from the funds? What happens if one or more of the cosigners would (god forbid) die or lose their key?

Yes.
Co-signatories can be removed with n-1 signatures. If 2 die at the same time...well...let's hope m out of n is available if that happens.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:11:47 AM

#account name             name of cosignatory 1        name of cosignatory 2   ....
Sustainability Fund      BloodyRookie                   gimreC                                Makoto1337  mixmaster

Marketing Fund           gimreC                             Makoto1337                           jabo38s        kodtycoon   mixmaster

Operational Costs        BloodyRookie                    Makoto1337                           kodtycoon     jabo38s           mixmaster

Pre-V1 Fund               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   jabo38s   kodtycoon  

Post-V1 Fund              BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      gimreC        Jaguar0625   mixmaster   kodtycoon

Contributors               BloodyRookie                   Makoto1337                      jabo38s        kodtycoon      

These are the people in charge of the funds, it's up to you to decide if you trust them. This information plus more is in the nemesisData file in the nem-infrastructure-server-0.6.28-BETA jar.

Such whistleblower. Much 1337.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:12:05 AM

I shan't say more. You have equal purview to the same things I have. But whatever you said is a lie, if not,

You need to show why it's a lie. Originally the "fair distribution" slogan was based on the fact that 75% would be distributed. 10% were for developers and marketers. And 15% for future development.  Some people though that even 25% was pretty high as UP had also collected plenty of BTC and Nxt during the IPO.  That 25% number ended up becoming 71% at launch date as shown here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022311.0

That's your "fair distribution". Never mind that the worlds population is 7 billion  and 9.99995% of humans actually have zero nem. The whole idea of "fair distribution" is a joke to start with..

I am sorry but I have to agrre here for a moment. 71% coins held by the DEVs is not doing us much good with the people coming from the outside, but hey decision has been made and we have to live with it!!
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:20:26 AM

So what would be other option? Giving it all to dumpers? Im totally fine with it. It is part of decentralized system and cryptos in general, everything is pure gamble here.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:22:41 AM

So what would be other option? Giving it all to dumpers? Im totally fine with it. It is part of decentralized system and cryptos in general, everything is pure gamble here.

Maybe a part should have been burned, or given more to the stakeholders, I don't know but 71% is very eye catching!!
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:29:11 AM

I think it's good and even necessary that they have such a large fund for development and marketing if it will indeed be used for such purposes and not personal gain.

Also btw what happened to the silver coin for stakeholders? No talk of that anymore.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:33:43 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 10:05:26 AM by jabo38

I shan't say more. You have equal purview to the same things I have. But whatever you said is a lie, if not,

You need to show why it's a lie. Originally the "fair distribution" slogan was based on the fact that 75% would be distributed. 10% were for developers and marketers. And 15% for future development.  Some people though that even 25% was pretty high as UP had also collected plenty of BTC and Nxt during the IPO.  That 25% number ended up becoming 71% at launch date as shown here.

That's your "fair distribution". Never mind that the worlds population is 7 billion  and 9.99995% of humans actually have zero nem. The whole idea of "fair distribution" is a joke to start with..

I am sorry but I have to agrre here for a moment. 71% coins held by the DEVs is not doing us much good with the people coming from the outside, but hey decision has been made and we have to live with it!!

The 71% number is complete and udder FUD.

74% of NEM is held by only 100 accounts, which looks worse until you release that almost 2/3 of that 74%, (e.i., almost exactly half of all XEM) is money being held not by individuals but by funds held in multisig accounts set aside for massive development and ecosystem projects. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/  

Of those funds they are being held in multi-sig, devs are a minority signers.  

And when you exclude those special funds to fuel projects, what is left is one of the most amazing distributions of any crypto.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

NXT FUDsters are coming in here with complete lies.  On top of that even today 74% of NXT is all held by 0.13% of NXT account (143).  https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

Please notice how FUDsters provide no links or proof of evidence of their lying numbers, yet repeat it over and over again.  

NXT is a good platform, but some of them are very shameful.  

Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:34:57 AM

I think it's good and even necessary that they have such a large fund for development and marketing if it will indeed be used for such purposes and not personal gain.

Also btw what happened to the silver coin for stakeholders? No talk of that anymore.

1st it makes the coin based on trust (trust into team, these funds will be handled orderly) - the coin without the large fund would be trustless.

2nd a coin with 70% of supply pooled in few hands will be unable to achieve a really big marketcap because risk and things ... let's say it reaches 100 million cap in our dreams. I don't see how 70million dev fund can be justified in that scenario.

So i think the generous dev fund will make sure this coin never goes places, really. You are free to disagree of course.

Wouldn't be the first coin to choke on greed...

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:49:28 AM

1st it makes the coin based on trust (trust into team, these funds will be handled orderly) - the coin without the large fund would be trustless.

2nd a coin with 70% of supply pooled in few hands will be unable to achieve a really big marketcap because risk and things ... let's say it reaches 100 million cap in our dreams. I don't see how 70million dev fund can be justified in that scenario.

So i think the generous dev fund will make sure this coin never goes places, really. You are free to disagree of course.

Wouldn't be the first coin to choke on greed...

Nobody has 70%

stop spreading FUD

Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:16:08 AM

When I installed the NEM client (v0.6.28) and imported my private key the balance showed 0 XEM. The private key correctly loaded the same address that I sent in. I also set it to primary account. What am I missing?

Please check this thread that your address is not listed as sock:
https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/the-age-of-extinction-the-final-blow-to-sockmasters/

If it is, please contact makoto/patmast3r.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:23:51 AM

The 71% number is complete and udder FUD.

74% of NEM is held by only 100 accounts, which looks worse until you release that almost 2/3 of that 74%, (e.i., almost exactly half of all XEM) is money being held not by individuals but by funds held in multisig accounts set aside for massive development and ecosystem projects. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/  

And when you exclude those special funds to fuel projects, what is left is one of the most amazing distributions of any crypto.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

NXT FUDsters are coming in here with complete lies.  When in reality NXT was started by 70 people at most, but instead probably had lots of sock puppets.  On top of that even today 74% of NXT is all held by 0.13% of NXT account (143).  https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

Please notice how FUDsters provide no links or proof of evidence of their lying numbers, yet repeat it over and over again.  

Jabo

With all respect to XEM team, please don't use PROBABLY, when you try to compare facts. Nobody knows and nobody will know, how it was in reality with NXT distribution and sockpuppets, so let's forget about this and move on. I'm sure there will be left some sockpuppets also in XEM distribution, but I'm not saying it as a fact, it could be PROBABLY. If you try to discuss with facts, so please discuss with real facts, not with PROBABLY.

P.S. 74% of XEM is held in funds, PROBABLY multisig key holders are the same sockpuppet person. Is it fact or what? Smiley

P.P.S. I hold both, NXT and XEM.

EDITED: some typing erros.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:44:28 AM

I can't activate my wallet on Mac!  Huh although I'm quite experienced with crypto's, this one is a mission impossible for me. So my thoughts: please make this more user friendly because no one will use NEM/XEM this way.

Hi,

Yes. We are trying hard to make it as easy as possible and hope to make it perfect in the future.

Hi, there are a couple of common issues. 

1) You definitely need to uninstall any old versions of NEM.  So first uninstall any and all versions you can find.  (Each version will have its own folder in Applications).  And for added measure it is important to on Mac go to Finder, then click "Go" at the top of the screen. Go to Computer, then Macintosh HD, then users, then your user name, and then delete the NEM folder.

Only then after having uninstalled all versions and deleting the NEM folder, should you then try to reinstall.

2) Mac might not allow you to install NEM due to security settings. If this happens, please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Install anyway.

3) In Mac I went to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Firewall → Firewall options → + → NEM 0.6.xx → wallet → okay. If that still doesn't work in Mac, you may need to turn your Firewall off.

4) It is very important to have the latest version of Java 8 running.

These are all the common sticking points that I can think of with Mac.  I'm assuming you don't have any third party virus scanners or firewalls or things like that because they aren't really needed on Mac. 

Please let us know if it works.

Also..... a tip from a FB comment by Bill Whales. "10.10 Yosemite and up required..."

If your OS is old or those tricks don't work, one last trick is to try the stand alone.  I actually run it half the time on mac anyway just because it is a little more fun.  http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/

Hi, It's still not working. Meanwhile, I updated my Mac (10.10.3) to Java 8. I only got this popup window

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 10:03:21 AM

The 71% number is complete and udder FUD. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/

NXT FUDsters are coming in here with complete lies.  When in reality NXT was started by 70 people at most, but instead probably had lots of sock puppets.  On top of that even today 74% of NXT is all held by 0.13% of NXT account (143).  https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

Jabo

With all respect to XEM team, please don't use PROBABLY, when you try to compare facts. Nobody knows and nobody will know, how it was in reality with NXT distribution and sockpuppets, so let's forget about this and move on. I'm sure there will be left some sockpuppets also in XEM distribution, but I'm not saying it as a fact, it could be PROBABLY. If you try to discuss with facts, so please discuss with real facts, not with PROBABLY.

P.S. 74% of XEM is held in funds, PROBABLY multisig key holders are the same sockpuppet person. Is it fact or what? Smiley

P.P.S. I hold both, NXT and XEM.

EDITED: some typing erros.

74% being held in funds is complete and udder FUD and a total lie. Please stop saying this!

How many times do I have to post the links to block explorers? http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/

almost exactly 50% of funds are held in multisig accounts to fund future projects. http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart/

The other half has been distributed.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

Furthermore, I don't have any proof so I deleted my comment that you took offense too.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 10:04:25 AM

I can't activate my wallet on Mac!  Huh although I'm quite experienced with crypto's, this one is a mission impossible for me. So my thoughts: please make this more user friendly because no one will use NEM/XEM this way.

Hi,

Yes. We are trying hard to make it as easy as possible and hope to make it perfect in the future.

Hi, there are a couple of common issues. 

1) You definitely need to uninstall any old versions of NEM.  So first uninstall any and all versions you can find.  (Each version will have its own folder in Applications).  And for added measure it is important to on Mac go to Finder, then click "Go" at the top of the screen. Go to Computer, then Macintosh HD, then users, then your user name, and then delete the NEM folder.

Only then after having uninstalled all versions and deleting the NEM folder, should you then try to reinstall.

2) Mac might not allow you to install NEM due to security settings. If this happens, please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Install anyway.

3) In Mac I went to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Firewall → Firewall options → + → NEM 0.6.xx → wallet → okay. If that still doesn't work in Mac, you may need to turn your Firewall off.

4) It is very important to have the latest version of Java 8 running.

These are all the common sticking points that I can think of with Mac.  I'm assuming you don't have any third party virus scanners or firewalls or things like that because they aren't really needed on Mac. 

Please let us know if it works.

Also..... a tip from a FB comment by Bill Whales. "10.10 Yosemite and up required..."

If your OS is old or those tricks don't work, one last trick is to try the stand alone.  I actually run it half the time on mac anyway just because it is a little more fun.  http://blog.nem.io/mac-installation-guide-standalone/

Hi, It's still not working. Meanwhile, I updated my Mac (10.10.3) to Java 8. I only got this popup window

Are you using the latest version of NEM when you tried the installer, and did you uninstall the old versions too?

Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: