Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:38:32 PM

This is like a trainwreck just can;t look away.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

To all those who are complaining not having received a stake due to being marked as socks:

We had more then 2800 people who wanted a stake. I think everyone agrees that among those people there were many socks. So we had to act.
When deciding who will get a stake a who not, we had to find a compromise between being too lenient and too strict, the former leading to many socks getting a stake which is unfair to the ones that complied to the rules and the latter leading to many non socks getting no stake which is again unfair for obvious reasons.

But no matter how much effort our team put into the analysis, having so many cases which are unclear always results in some cases where a sock gets a stake and some cases where a non sock doesn't get a stake. Any other team would have faced the same problems. So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgements during the cleaning process. I do understand that in this case you are dissappointed/frustrated/angry. But that's life and there will never be 100% fairness anywhere. The decisions we made are final. I think the vast majority of the community will agree that we have to move on.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:59:46 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 02:37:34 PM by dannac

To all those who are complaining not having received a stake due to being marked as socks:

We had more then 2800 people who wanted a stake. I think everyone agrees that among those people there were many socks. So we had to act.
When deciding who will get a stake a who not, we had to find a compromise between being too lenient and too strict, the former leading to many socks getting a stake which is unfair to the ones that complied to the rules and the latter leading to many non socks getting no stake which is again unfair for obvious reasons.

But no matter how much effort our team put into the analysis, having so many cases which are unclear always results in some cases where a sock gets a stake and some cases where a non sock doesn't get a stake. Any other team would have faced the same problems. So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgements during the cleaning process. I do understand that in this case you are dissappointed/frustrated/angry. But that's life and there will never be 100% fairness anywhere. The decisions we made are final. I think the vast majority of the community will agree that we have to move on.

If you could not avoid some misjudgements, then you will not avoid consequences of that.
Simply as that. Rules are valid for everyone.
Because this is life...and you will find fairness somewhere, soon or later...
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

NEM just received VC funding, how cool is that!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114932/nem-right-now-we-have-the-best-designed-blockchain-platform-in-existence

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:10:16 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 05:00:36 PM by dannac

NEM just received VC funding, how cool is that!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114932/nem-right-now-we-have-the-best-designed-blockchain-platform-in-existence

So what ?

Ok, lets say that half of the 2800 provisional Stakes have been marked as socks. I' don't have the right numbers, it's just an estimate, but i think it's pretty close.
So, you Devs , are you really underestimating the power of 1400 unhappy individuals ?!?!?!

To save 1000-1400 or whatever close number of stakes that (if we are lucky and if Devs tell the true) will be eventually reinvested in advertise or similar... ?!?!?  Shocked
Are you considering the impact of 1000 more people that invested money in NEM stakes and, at the end, they found themselves getting nothing , and loosing the initial investment too ?!?!
Does it worth having on one hand, 1000 stakes saved from socks, available to grow up NEM visibility and reputation, and on the other hand, having 1000 users angry with the whole word for the treatment they have been reserved ?

Do you know that in 90+% of cases, anyone will post on forums just to complain about something (because is not happy), when the same person would probably never post anwhere just to say he's really happy about something ? Guess why when you are looking for any product review, many times you will find more negative reviews then positive ?  (considering that the positive ones most of the times are fakes).
People never care to share they happiness most of the time. But they are really keen to share their disappointment and anger when something goes wrong. Especially when they believe they've been scammed.

Do you really think I would be here (and like me all the other people complaining about the socks accident) writing THIS, if we could just get the other 2 stakes we bought at the beginning (talking about my personal socks case)....

I could understand devs ruling if the distribution had been completely free..in that case fairness would have been the biggest priority, I agree.  but most of the flags Socks here have invested  THEIR OWN MONEY (even if in a small amount for some of them) in NEM stakes just to realised that, after 12-15 months of long wait, they are suddenly not getting their stakes first, and they are also loosing the initial investment. This is a joke.
And we are talking about fairness here  Huh  AND DEVELOPERS DIDN'T PLAN ANY REFUND FOR THIS GUYS !!!!!!!!! AND THEY SAY THAT DECISION HAS BEEN TAKEN, DECISION IS FINAL, YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR STAKES FROM US....... WHAT ??!?!?! Shocked Angry Huh Embarrassed
We are not talking about rules or whatever, we are talking about doing something, and do it wisely. There's always a solution. We are always our own limit. So no excuses in saying "it's too late" or "we have to move on".... FOCUS ON WHAT SHOULD BE DONE, WHY HAS NOT BE DONE YET, AND HOW CAN BE DONE ASAP. BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS TIME. If we are not talking about death  Cheesy

Be clear that during these considerations, I'm putting real sock puppets and genuine (but flagged) investors basically on the same boat. Because is not really matters of being worried about the fair distribution anymore. This would made sense at the beginning. Delaying this alleged Sockpuppets from getting their stakes at the first day distribution as safety care has been a great idea in my opinion.. but  that's miles away now. And I don't think that , at this stage, anyone with 3-4 stakes could hurst NEM more then what Devs themselves are hurting their creature.

At this point, I'm just wondering, WHO'S DOING NEM MARKETING ?? WOULD THIS PERSON BE ABLE TO APPLY ANY SIMPLE BASIC MARKETING PRINCIPLE TO WHAT HE'S DOING ?
I believe also that ,whoever is in charge for that, will need to talk to most of the Devs that are normally posting here (not talking to all of Devs btw) and tell them that they shouldn't act as they were in charge for the destiny of the world...because they are running a project that is still considerably small.. a project that still needs a lot of visibility. And tell them that they shouldn't upset anyone that seems to have a different point of view form their one. Because in this way they will never learn. Listening is the beginning of understanding.

Be nice with strangers, unconditionally. It won't cost you too much,  and most probably, you will earn something from that.

To conclude, I don't believe the Devs haven't taken in account the power of thousands of angry missed NEM holders spreadying their NEM dislike anywhere,  in both this or any other forum...
But I don't want to say what I actually believe about that  Grin

If you just consider that the Socks concept comes from one of the very first NEM Developer (genius IMO) and that has been heavily applied to get NEM visibility at the beginning  Roll Eyes Well,this must mean something....
What they didn't consider in my opinion is, if they keep acting in this way, their thousands stakes will worth nuts...

Just my 2 cents.

Now I want to see who will be brave enough to flag my post as Spam... because it doesn't want to be that... I believe it's clear enough.

It just wants to give more clarity to someone that's thinking about investing in NEM.
This has been my experience. And consider we are holding 2 NEM stakes with us (so far). So, if I'm doing this, it's really because I don't think it always a matter of money, but I believe sometimes is a matter of fairness.
And trust me, NEM is not as Fair as it claims to be.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:50:27 PM

It's not a 1000 people that are angry, just a few. And if we would have been more lenient then the heat would come from the other side. There is no way to please everyone.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:57:06 PM

I think I will be able to figure out the numbers on my own. And so can do anyone else interested I think.
This just confirmed my theory.
Thanks for your reply.  You cannot understand how much I appreciate that.
That's what I needed  Wink
Cheers
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:01:44 PM

+1 I am very happy with the results. I do believe these people complaining about being labeled socks are in fact socks everything points to that.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:03:34 PM

Some nice activity on poloniex. Things are looking up.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:10:06 PM

+1 I am very happy with the results. I do believe these people complaining about being labeled socks are in fact socks everything points to that.

+1000 for your perspicacity  Grin
I can smell stinky Socks from here indeed.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 05:19:30 PM

This has been my experience. And consider we are holding 2 NEM stakes with us (so far). So, if I'm doing this, it's really because I don't think it always a matter of money, but I believe sometimes is a matter of fairness.

Let me get the facts straight:

• You've registered 4 stakes, although it was clearly stated, one can register 2
  • The other accounts have 1 post each (I won't comment on that)
  • You've received 2 stakes
  • now you're complaining, cause you got caught...

I call that impertinency, welcome to my ignore list

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:43:11 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 05:57:26 PM by dannac

• You've registered 4 stakes, although it was clearly stated, one can register 2

Let me rectify your inferences:

- WE have registered 4 stakes. 4 different individuals that live under the same roof, and that, consequence of that, share same Internet connection.

- I've got the other 3 housemate involved because of NEM, when even me was pretty new on Crypto. They have to register to BTC Talks to get a stake. They really didn't care about BTC Talk forum. And still don't. WE checked periodically from one computer, together. No need to post anything if you don't really need to ask, isn't it
 I DIDN'T FIND ANYWHERE IN THE RULE BOOK REGARDING BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER WITH AT LEST 10000000000 POSTS DONE WHEN DISTRIBUTION WILL COME....  Cheesy So good call when you say "I won't comment on that"  +1 for you

- We have received 2 stakes, but we paid for 4. All our stakes required money, we weren't in the first pages were Stakes were free. wouldn't you complain for true ?

- Now I'm complaining, yes, because we didn't break any rules at the time, when  I decided to get other people involved in NEM, since NEM needed more people involved at the time, according to the developer. I'm talking about the smart one.
 I had to lend the other 3 guys some BTC and NXT to let them buy Stakes, because they were brand new on Cryptos.
Now i have 3 mates that are thinking I cheated them. And they will never believe in Crypto anymore.
So no stakes, no money back. And that wasn't stated in the rule book at the time. We didn't break any rules when we decided to go in together.
RULES IN THE 1ST REGISTRATION POST SHOULD HAVE SAID something like:" IT WILL BE TOTALLY UP TO DEVS if GIVING OR NOT STAKES TO ANYONE LEGITIMATELY BOUGHT A RESERVATION. THIS WILL BE DONE ACCORDING TO RULES THAT DON'T EXIST YET."
In that case, fair enough...  Grin

Btw, following your provocation, I would call your behaviour dullness. Welcome to my pointless list.  Roll Eyes

But thanks to worry so much about my case anyway.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 06:09:35 PM

- WE have registered 4 stakes. 4 different individuals that live under the same roof, and that, consequence of that, share same Internet connection.

- I've got the other 3 housemate involved because of NEM, when even me was pretty new on Crypto. They have to register to BTC Talks to get a stake. They really didn't care about BTC Talk forum. And still don't. WE checked periodically from one computer, together. No need to post anything if you don't really need to ask, isn't it
 I DIDN'T FIND ANYWHERE IN THE RULE BOOK REGARDING BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER WITH AT LEST 10000000000 POSTS DONE WHEN DISTRIBUTION WILL COME....  Cheesy So good call when you say "I won't comment on that"  +1 for you

- We have received 2 stakes, but we paid for 4. All our stakes required money, we weren't in the first pages were Stakes were free. wouldn't you complain for true ?

- Now I'm complaining, yes, because we didn't break any rules at the time, when  I decided to get other people involved in NEM, since NEM needed more people involved at the time, according to the developer. I'm talking about the smart one.
 I had to lend the other 3 guys some BTC and NXT to let them buy Stakes, because they were brand new on Cryptos.
Now i have 3 mates that are thinking I cheated them. And they will never believe in Crypto anymore.
So no stakes, no money back. And that wasn't stated in the rule book at the time. We didn't break any rules when we decided to go in together.
RULES IN THE 1ST REGISTRATION POST SHOULD HAVE SAID something like:" IT WILL BE TOTALLY UP TO DEVS if GIVING OR NOT STAKES TO ANYONE LEGITIMATELY BOUGHT A RESERVATION. THIS WILL BE DONE ACCORDING TO RULES THAT DON'T EXIST YET."

Btw, following your provocation, I would call your behaviour dullness. Welcome to my pointless list.  Roll Eyes

I can feel your sincerity in your writing and feel like you had a really tough break.

And at the same time I thank you in your understanding of the situation. While it's true that some people truly do live with three roommates and all four are in crypto, there was sock group after sock group saying that stakes were bought a for their roommates or six workmates. One guy was even like saying for his grandmother and three sisters and two brothers and all from accounts with less than five postings.

There was a tough and hard decision to make where a few would suffer but the 99% would have really been rightfully busted as socks. But each cluster wasn't  wiped out entirely. They all got at the two stake minimum.

But by making a rule and sticking to it even in hard times in the long run NEMs distribution will be better.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

The workd is getting serious about blockchains and real soon NEM will offer solutions that can only be found here.

http://www.coindesk.com/survey-47-of-finance-pros-say-firms-exploring-blockchain-tech/

mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:10:47 PM

I just cannot see 4 people living together and all sharing a computer. I believe they were right to limit you to 2 stakes. Its more then fair I only got 1 stake so I mean youve already doubled me.

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 07:15:47 PM

i believe that this is only some pump and dump.  Sad

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:27:06 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:28:29 AM by dannac

I just cannot see 4 people living together and all sharing a computer. I believe they were right to limit you to 2 stakes. Its more then fair I only got 1 stake so I mean youve already doubled me.

We are not sharing just a computer (also). We are sharing Internet Connection. Because , even if not rich enough to being able to afford a whole house for each one of us , we can still afford our own computer.  Grin Sometimes is just handy having a Computer in the living Room... i don't think it that weird.
Our 4 stakes weren't flagged as sockpuppets from the beginning... just at the last step I believe. We haven't registered  for stake from the same computer at the time, but has just been fortuity, since we weren't aware about a rule that didn't exist at the time (i'm referring to: same IP=Sockpuppets).
So, something happened later on, but not sure what, actually.
If you believe i made up everything just to get 4 bloody stakes instead of 2, you must believe I had more free time that what I actually had.
Well, I don't really care.. I don't have to explain it to you.
I'm just sorry you've got half of what we've got in four.
I'm going to ask to the other 3 fellows, and see if they are still interested. Maybe we can give half stake to you, if that will help you to live better, with no regrets.  Cheesy We are for happiness here. We are not greedy.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:28:39 PM

I can feel your sincerity in your writing and feel like you had a really tough break.

And at the same time I thank you in your understanding of the situation. While it's true that some people truly do live with three roommates and all four are in crypto, there was sock group after sock group saying that stakes were bought a for their roommates or six workmates. One guy was even like saying for his grandmother and three sisters and two brothers and all from accounts with less than five postings.

There was a tough and hard decision to make where a few would suffer but the 99% would have really been rightfully busted as socks. But each cluster wasn't  wiped out entirely. They all got at the two stake minimum.

But by making a rule and sticking to it even in hard times in the long run NEMs distribution will be better.

Thanks for your reply.
I appreciate that. Even if i don't agree with the last part...
I lost my faith in NEM.
Unique thing that could change my mind I think would be a Big (Huge) Free Give Away for all the NEM Confiscated from SuckPuppets. When I say all, I mean ALL the suck puppets stakes... i know they are not just few....
This would make me feel better, knowing that Makoto and few other World Saviours  (you are not included, you are fine) called Developers would not have control of them.
If we have been scammed for a reason, at least for a good cause.
That would be a positive sign in my opinion.
But is not gonna happen, I do know that already. Makoto will have a good excuse to not doing that.
Jamthirteen

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:32:12 PM

Hello all,

I have been trying to sort all this out with Makoto for 5 month now

we have to write here as Makoto is no paying attention to us and this is our last resource.

Just want to let you know, I'm JAMTHIRTEEN that made a sockpuppet redemption claim on nem forum. The claim is for my account and my girlfriend acccount (JAMTHIRTEEN NBXVHA-S2TOYM-H4GFFO-V3SGIN-SP6DLT-HERCMK-RBN3 and MAMEN NBKEYS-BJB74B-5M7Q4Z-Y6N5AZ-JPDUY7-5T7UHZ-VINH ). If you need anything else please ask.

The problem is that I work with other two colleagues that also have NEM Stakes and we did it all from our work place that's why you might think there is one person with 5 Stakes but we are 3 people. Same Ip address from work place.

To help you in the investigation my work colleagues BTT account are:

1 JERJU80 NC7IWM-24KC6K-BT7SH2-2VOESS-QNGCTA-CSDKZT-CK72
2 SANDRAMABE NC2V53-WKYFCC-MKETYL-M3IXHJ-VF3HJZ-B4IHTC-LQDZ
3 OSCARVENEGAS NC7545-ULAZAR-5CEWIU-R3H5R6-6Z6SGH-XP64NX-JNUY

Please let me know if they should send you a separate email, please advise as we don't want to confuse or complicate this unnecessarily

We can provide any evidence you require to send  and we can send our passports, names and anything you need to clear this. we have took some photos working in the office with the client open in the PC, we can send this photos to you if you tell us how or any other photo you like us to take.

Then he offered us only one stake. One of his  post here he said t  ''Same IP + same fingerprint means the same computer. The rules were 2 stakes, which were meant to be 1 for you and 1 for a friend/loved one.'' If thats the case why he offered us only one stake? It should it be 2! Now we are genuine and we should have received 5 as we did it from our work place.  There was not rule you could not do it from work where other people can create accounts. You keep changing the rules all the time.

Now this is the last emal with Makoto:

Quote from: makoto1337 on June 29, 2015, 08:19:07 AM
We will give a stake back to sandramabe. Can you give me a NEM address to send to?

Thanks Smiley

Thank you but as I told you in my last email sandramabe is the stake of one of my job partner Jerju80...
i'm jamthirteen and my Nem address is NBXVHA-S2TOYM-H4GFFO-V3SGIN-SP6DLT-HERCMK-RBN3
I will pass your information to Jerju80 so that he can send you an email about his stake and wife's.
We all follow all the instructions from the begining of NEM to get the stake and we think it is not fair to receive just on for sandramabe...We would like you to think about it and change your mine. Please let me know if we could add any other information you need.

thanks in advance
Jamthirteen
hello there
did you read my last message?
update please

============

Please can you tell me what happened?

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:32:28 PM

i believe that this is only some pump and dump.  Sad

+1  Wink I fully agree. Maybe some Ex Sockpuppets at work...  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: