Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:06:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:33:03 AM

I'm asking myself the causes of such an interest in NEM stakes now that redemption has ended.

Price going up?

Rumors?

FOMO
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:37:27 AM

i do not think so. the upwards trend is pretty stable since over a week. i think some new investors see the potential of nem.

Some nice activity on poloniex. Things are looking up.

i believe that this is only some pump and dump.  Sad
Is Oprah Fuckable?

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:47:18 AM

Why is it there is always these people who claimed it was IP based?  Granted they did look at IP but this sounds like one sock master beating his drum on his socks.  Besides IP detection is worthless because to get a new IP, at most ISPs, all you have to do is unplug the cable box. Granted they could had discriminated against ISPs but as it turns out many Bitcoiners come from a few hubs and you were bound to have coincidences.  You can imagine a scenario where many people from San Francisco / New York, Vancouver / Toronto, Amsterdam and Beijing / Hong Kong would be on the same ISP.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Patmast3r's analysis was a fingerprint detection, similar to the above URL.  That wasn't the one he used but it is an example of what they look for.

My results on that website indicate for someone to have the exact same setting as me is 1 in 40,736,283,289,620,145,920 - 40 quintillion.
  Meaning I have better odds at winning the lottery (several times) than meeting someone with the exact same configuration.  Conclusion:  if you got clustered with someone else and proclaimed innocence then you're in the wrong field.  You should be going to the local convenience store and should be buying powerball lottery tickets with your luck.

I tend to agree with your analysis. The only way to beat the NEM sock analysis would have been to spread your post count around over all your socks for the last 12 months. I'd say makoto had a set post count that he was looking for, and if you didn't meet that count the above type of fingerprinting got you booted. Harsh but rational. It does mean that some socks made it through, but they had to be fairly committed over a long period of time, swapping and changing accounts when posting to appear as multiple people, so we can conclude that they really wanted their sock stakes, and might prove good NEMsters

Getting socks through NEM ended up being like drug mules getting through customs. The mules who get busted with the bags of white powder in their luggage next to their undies are probably telling the truth, 'someone else put it there', real mules take precautions not to get caught, and swallow condoms full of drugs. I suspect some of these people complaining with 5 posts over a year are genuine, and some NEM socks have post counts in the 100's today, so the socks became laundered over 2014/15.

NEM socks will be a great chapter in a book one day! I think the NEM dev team did their best with the balls up utopianfuture left after he made all the rules up on the run in January 2014.

To all the genuine socks, I feel for you!! NEM will one day be worth a lot, so buy as much as you can asap, and NEM will probably change your life for the better anyway.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:03:19 AM

To all those who are complaining not having received a stake due to being marked as socks:

We had more then 2800 people who wanted a stake. I think everyone agrees that among those people there were many socks. So we had to act.
When deciding who will get a stake a who not, we had to find a compromise between being too lenient and too strict, the former leading to many socks getting a stake which is unfair to the ones that complied to the rules and the latter leading to many non socks getting no stake which is again unfair for obvious reasons.

But no matter how much effort our team put into the analysis, having so many cases which are unclear always results in some cases where a sock gets a stake and some cases where a non sock doesn't get a stake. Any other team would have faced the same problems. So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgements during the cleaning process. I do understand that in this case you are dissappointed/frustrated/angry. But that's life and there will never be 100% fairness anywhere. The decisions we made are final. I think the vast majority of the community will agree that we have to move on.

First of all thank you very much for your help and resolving my case so quick where other would not be able to see what was the problem, but I have to disagree with your following sentence ''So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgment during the cleaning process'' That is utterly wrong, if someone has been sent to jail by someone misjudgment we are sorry you are condemned to be in jail regardless if you are innocent. You can not avoid your responsibility and I don't want either be selfish and now that my case is resolved not to care about other people who deserved and are the right owner of their stake because of Makoto misjudgment.

Maybe you misunderstood my statement. I was not saying that we know a case where we misjudged. It was only a statistical argument. To pick up your example: in every country there are innocent people in jail because of misjudgement even if the judges did their best to avoid it. They just don't know in which cases they misjudged. That's the dilemma when you got incomplete information.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 08:54:09 AM

New version with upgraded m of n coming. Please update 0.6.42 before the hard fork as soon as you can. http://nem.io/install.html

dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:32:11 AM

To all those who are complaining not having received a stake due to being marked as socks:

We had more then 2800 people who wanted a stake. I think everyone agrees that among those people there were many socks. So we had to act.
When deciding who will get a stake a who not, we had to find a compromise between being too lenient and too strict, the former leading to many socks getting a stake which is unfair to the ones that complied to the rules and the latter leading to many non socks getting no stake which is again unfair for obvious reasons.

But no matter how much effort our team put into the analysis, having so many cases which are unclear always results in some cases where a sock gets a stake and some cases where a non sock doesn't get a stake. Any other team would have faced the same problems. So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgements during the cleaning process. I do understand that in this case you are dissappointed/frustrated/angry. But that's life and there will never be 100% fairness anywhere. The decisions we made are final. I think the vast majority of the community will agree that we have to move on.

First of all thank you very much for your help and resolving my case so quick where other would not be able to see what was the problem, but I have to disagree with your following sentence ''So if you didn't get your stake although you deserved one I am sorry for that, we could not avoid some misjudgment during the cleaning process'' That is utterly wrong, if someone has been sent to jail by someone misjudgment we are sorry you are condemned to be in jail regardless if you are innocent. You can not avoid your responsibility and I don't want either be selfish and now that my case is resolved not to care about other people who deserved and are the right owner of their stake because of Makoto misjudgment.

Maybe you misunderstood my statement. I was not saying that we know a case where we misjudged. It was only a statistical argument. To pick up your example: in every country there are innocent people in jail because of misjudgement even if the judges did their best to avoid it. They just don't know in which cases they misjudged. That's the dilemma when you got incomplete information.

That's pretty embarrassing how you are trying to bring NEM Devs up to the level of a Country Law or so.   Shocked
How do you think you are ?
You in particular, as individual, dear Bloody, you really like to upset innocent Sockpuppets with your attitude, don't you ?!?
It looks like that... and you have been doing that for a long while already.
Well, if this is the case, I would never want someone with your attitude in my Core Group. Because you are not gonna help NEM.
The result of your words is gonna be pretty much the opposite.
Being intellectually arrogant doesn't help at all. Is not sign of any smartness.
So, if I was you, I would rework my behaviours.
Silence is golden sometimes.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:52:19 AM

That's pretty embarrassing how you are trying to bring NEM Devs up to the level of a Country Law or so.   Shocked
How do you think you are ?
You in particular, as individual, dear Bloody, you really like to upset innocent Sockpuppets with your attitude, don't you ?!?
It looks like that... and you have been doing that for a long while already.
Well, if this is the case, I would never want someone with your attitude in my Core Group. Because you are not gonna help NEM.
The result of your words is gonna be pretty much the opposite.
Being intellectually arrogant doesn't help at all. Is not sign of any smartness.
So, if I was you, I would rework my behaviours.
Silence is golden sometimes.

dannac  talking like that you will never get your objetives, I think you are a genuine guy that has been misjudge ignore by Makoto, I was the same for 4  or 5 months and I know your frustration but your language and approach  to the dev team is not appropriate because you will never win, I am talking only because I know you are right in getting what belong to you and BloodyRookie we can not accused whoever has 3 or 4 stakes when dev and team member has much more than that and what I felt when I was talking witth Makoto he was doing the minimum effort to give the less possible stakes so management end up with more, that's hypocrisy and mean accussing of sock puppits  someone who has 3 or 4 stakes, believe some of you got that multiply by ten, lets stop this and now there are only two people claiming their right to get what it belong to them. You need to talk with dannac and Jamthirteen. To me these two guys sound very genuine. We are what we eat, We are what we do in life and I want to be a person who can help other and not because you resolve my case I  should ignore what others went thru all these last 5 months, I do understand you very well dannac  and Jamthirteen. For example I can see the bad action of Makoto only offering one stake to Jamthirteen when in a recent post he said you are entitle to two, so he was not acting correctly and yes dannac I do believe you have been neglected as I have suffered the same in my skin. Guys you need to lets these people to prove their cases and if they are still with their cases unresolved its when you sent an email to Makoto during investigation either he did not responded or responded a month later. You can make a mistake in justice yes it happens but Makoto has done  mistakes that are not genuine, please give these two guys what belong to them

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:03:12 AM

Thanks for your kind words..
I'm just criticising the Devs conduct, I don't want to be offensive. If it looks like that, then sorry, it wasn't my intention.
Unfortunately frustration and anger don't help communication at all. Sorry again.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:15:02 AM

Thanks for your kind words..
I'm just criticising the Devs conduct, I don't want to be offensive. If it looks like that, then sorry, it wasn't my intention.
Unfortunately frustration and anger don't help communication at all. Sorry again.

It's ok dannac I totally understand as I was going thru the same and we are human beings with feeling and when they touch our dignity or our possession  they touch something very big inside us that is more than honour, its called Justice. Makoto conduct was wrong, I have seen too many evidence than prove that and NEM team has to fix that or at least to make an effort to know even in their own family  there is someone that need a slap in the bum!

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:27:59 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 10:53:06 AM by dannac

A lot of "not very happy" (Euphemism) Socks and not, posted here as well: http://cointelegraph.com/news/114932/nem-right-now-we-have-the-best-designed-blockchain-platform-in-existence
See Comments in the above link.
Is that really a good advertise ? Is it what NEM Core was looking for ?
This is what I meant when I wrote few comments ago. From a marketing view, never underestimate the power of unhappy Customers.
They are more headstrong then the Happy ones.
fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:36:53 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 10:55:28 AM by fragORA

I havnt opened my Nem wallet (community client) for a few weeks and when I tried to open it, NCC wouldnt start. I updated to the latest version and reinstalled java 64 bit.
Any ideas?

Same trouble with standalone version. Nis has started NCC has stopped

btw I am using chrome, but had no problems up until now

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:54:01 AM

fork ahead...

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:59:30 AM

I havnt opened my Nem wallet (community client) for a few weeks and when I tried to open it, NCC wouldnt start. I updated to the latest version and reinstalled java 64 bit.
Any ideas?

I had this problem too.You need to delete all nem software,and reinstall it.Just do not forget to make backup of your wallet.Go to Local disk C://Users/Your user name/NEM/ncc and make copy of .adb and .wlt files

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 11:05:17 AM

After update wallet to version 0.6.42 Client info showing that NIS version is 0.6.31? This is normal or Huh

Hello.

I think is not normal! Smiley

Don't know which version you use (standalone or with installer) but that usually means that you have
also older files in the same NEM folder.
I had same issue once when I have just copied the latest version into the folder
where I had an older version but if you have used the installer
to make the update then is something wrong with the installer because I think
the installer should remove automatically
the older files.

The solution at least when using NEM standalone version is to delete the content of the
NEM folder before doing the upgrade.

Problem solved. I am using remote node that is still on old version.

fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:17:07 AM

Any ideas?

I had this problem too.You need to delete all nem software,and reinstall it.Just do not forget to make backup of your wallet.Go to Local disk C://Users/Your user name/NEM/ncc and make copy of .adb and .wlt files

tks man. this solved the problem,but in fairness this kinda of thing shouldnt be happening or at least it should be mentioned somewhere obvious without having to search for answers

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
BloodyRookie

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:30:29 AM

Any ideas?

Delete the file c:\user\<your user>\nem\ncc\accounts_cache_mainnet.json and try to start NCC again.

Edit: ok, problem was already solved ^^ But usually just deleting that one file is enough.

Nothing Else Matters
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:16:07 PM

Any ideas?

Delete the file c:\user\<your user>\nem\ncc\accounts_cache_mainnet.json and try to start NCC again.

Edit: ok, problem was already solved ^^ But usually just deleting that one file is enough.

What is the best method to upgrade, uninstall previous version and delete everything left manually, or just install new version over the top? I'm using win 7. Does uninstalling delete the blockchain too?
BloodyRookie

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:19:26 PM

@MadCow: usually just installing the new version on top of the old version is working well, i personally never experienced any problems.
Only if you experience any problems, depending on what the problems are in detail, you might need to uninstall/delete files. Only uninstalling does not delete the blockchain, i.e. the database.

Nothing Else Matters
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 02:21:42 PM

Per issues on updating with Mac with the installer.  For a many versions it was best to uninstall NEM before installing a new version, but now a person can just click to install and it works fine as it should.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 02:35:09 PM

Unique thing that could change my mind I think would be a Big (Huge) Free Give Away for all the NEM Confiscated from SuckPuppets. When I say all, I mean ALL the suck puppets stakes... i know they are not just few....
This would make me feel better, knowing that Makoto and few other World Saviours  (you are not included, you are fine) called Developers would not have control of them.

None of the sock puppet stakes go to the developers as bonus.  

This was discussed for a very long time and the community gave lots of feedback and votes in polls.  The result is that all the sock puppet stakes go into different funds.  

One fund is to buy silver coins for all NEM stake holders.  One fund is the community fund, where anybody from the community can propose a project that they want to be built on NEM and then the community votes whether they get funding or not. One fund is to help pay for the NEM mobile app which will then be offered for free on itunes and the Google Play store to all people as well as the source code open sourced on Github for anybody to fork.  Another fund is an unconventional marketing fund which will help to market and promote the NEM ecosystem through ideas from the community, and lastly and NEM ecosystem fund which will be used to help create XEM as a currency that many businesses use.  

As you can see the claimed stakes from sock puppets will be put to very good use making NEM one of the most amazing and well funded platforms.  

Pages: « 1 ... 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: