Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 05:55:33 AM

Hey guys,

I have a really important question that really needs to be answered by you because this will seriously help us with marketing in the future (something we need to do a lot more).

Why does NEM mean to you?

What about NEM do you like?

kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:34:59 AM

Hey, I need some help starting my Nem Wallet.

I haven't opened my wallet for a couple months and don't remember how I got it to work before.  I just dled the installer for Nem 0.6.42.  I am on windows 7.  The problem I have is that NIS is not available.  In the windows NEM icon, the right and bottom part is green and left part is grey.  Info says "NIS is running(local node not booted), NCC is running"

Thank you for your time and help,
kronicblazer

create a wallet if you dont have one yet, and open it(should enter the wallet automatically) and it should auto boot when you enter the wallet. Smiley if not, click into the settings and boot the node by naming it anything but i dont think you should need to do that.

I was finally able to get NIS to work by changing the host from TPol.nemtrader.com to niss.ga  , is this safe to do?

Also I have a question for delegated harvesting.  I had delegated harvesting set up on April 1st for my nemstake, but it hasn't harvested a single block yet(not sure if its because I didnt click start delegate harvesting?, but i think i did).  Should I use this same address for delegated harvesting, or deactivate and activate a new one?

Thanks,
kronicblazer
renolteng.li

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:27:45 AM

Hey guys,

I have a really important question that really needs to be answered by you because this will seriously help us with marketing in the future (something we need to do a lot more).

Why does NEM mean to you?

What about NEM do you like?

1. NEM is a new home for me where I can control my own wealth, share information, make friends, and getting the cutting edge updates of the economy evolution.

2. The community and environment, the way of working or managing funds with no doubt to the procedural justice together.  Trust in the trustless world of cryptocurrencies is what i like best.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:04:04 AM

I was finally able to get NIS to work by changing the host from TPol.nemtrader.com to niss.ga  , is this safe to do?

Also I have a question for delegated harvesting.  I had delegated harvesting set up on April 1st for my nemstake, but it hasn't harvested a single block yet(not sure if its because I didnt click start delegate harvesting?, but i think i did).  Should I use this same address for delegated harvesting, or deactivate and activate a new one?

Thanks,
kronicblazer

niss.ga is behind about hundred blocks, so you won't be able to harvest a valid block on that node. Try some other node. Choose a node that is up to date with both version and blocks. Choose a node that has a good ping to your location.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:36:40 PM

fork ahead...
just your friendly reminder.  please update those nodes.  http://nem.io/install.html

Thank you for info. New version looking and working very goood

mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:17:00 PM

My last comment on the sock puppet story:
BloodyRookie explained it already very good. There is no 100% fairness if you don't have 100% of the needed information. Thus, compromises had to be accepted. Everybody with an IQ above 60 will understand this.

I feel sorry for all the people who lost a stake because of a false-positive analysis result (wrongly classified as sock).
I also feel sorry for all stakeholders because of false-negative analysis results (wrongly NOT classified as socks), because this makes the NEM distribution a little bit poorer and therefore all stakeholders suffer from it.

There are just two things left to say to the people who lost a stake because of a false-positive:
1) Don't blame the people who worked hard to find the best solution for everybody, and please understand that the best solution for YOU is not the best solution for all stakeholders (overall distribution...).
2) If you are convinced that NEM is good technology, bite the bullet and buy another amount of NEM. I know it sucks, but you lost 1 NEM stake (right now about USD 400) because of the fact that there are a lot of scammers and the whole process (sock analysis) was needed with all the known downsides. But if NEM gets big and a stake is worth a lot more some time in the future, you wont care too much about USD 400, right?
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:36:29 PM

BloodyRookie explained it already very good. There is no 100% fairness if you don't have 100% of the needed information. Thus, compromises had to be accepted. Everybody with an IQ above 60 will understand this.

I feel sorry for all the people who lost a stake because of a false-positive analysis result (wrongly classified as sock).
I also feel sorry for all stakeholders because of false-negative analysis results (wrongly NOT classified as socks), because this makes the NEM distribution a little bit poorer and therefore all stakeholders suffer from it.

Did those false-positive accounts had any chance to prove their identity or something?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:12:15 PM

How much is one XEM potentially worth in the future? Huh

1XEM = 10-100USD

IOTA
dannac

Activity: 266

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:50:12 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 04:11:17 PM by dannac

Did those false-positive accounts had any chance to prove their identity or something?

No, Unfortunately they didn't.
Because NEM is not synonymous of Fairness.
Otherwise, how could these NEM stakes go into the Head pockets if analysis was fair ?  Wink
Whoever offered is availability to show any proof of identity didn't get reply from Patmast3r before, and Makoto after...
Think about, how hard was  try to spend just a bit more time to let people explain their reasons.... How often we use a shared internet connection (Office, Home..) that has been the most common reason why accounts have been flagged as socks puppets  (same IP for different accounts) ?
Try to ask Devs to tell you which Multisig Address holds all the Sockpuppets Stakes, and tell me if you will get answer from them.
Read the previous 6-7 pages and you will better understand.
There must be a reason why on SuperNET they have their own idea about NEM. And there you will find THE devs.
Hope this helps you to don't believe in NEM.
I cannot say more, otherwise I would be a Troll.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:59:11 PM

1XEM = 10-100USD

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
yeah.....
And potentially the world could finish tomorrow.
Same chance to get what you said. Aahahahahhahahahahah....
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:59:50 PM

If the currency is as good as the blockchain then it's probably the best. If it becomes the reserve currency then something around 10 000 dollars per 1 XEM in today's values. 1 dollar per XEM would do me though.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
nembit86

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:11:19 PM

If the currency is as good as the blockchain then it's probably the best. If it becomes the reserve currency then something around 10 000 dollars per 1 XEM in today's values. 1 dollar per XEM would do me though.

Awesome  Smiley yeah 1 dollar would be nice, I am not too greedy  Cheesy

Well that would mean 9 billion marketcap. BTC went to over 12 billion marketcap and honestly , BTC has nowhere near the pedigree of NEM. These are still early days........people , don't listen to that loser dannac.....get yourselves some XEM.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:21:24 PM

Awesome  Smiley yeah 1 dollar would be nice, I am not too greedy  Cheesy

Well that would mean 9 billion marketcap. BTC went to over 12 billion marketcap and honestly , BTC has nowhere near the pedigree of NEM. These are still early days........people , don't listen to that loser dannac.....get yourselves some XEM.

Having NEM stake (as I do) doesn't mean that you have to convince everyone NEM is the elixir of the Crypto...
But if you want me to do that:  yeah people Buy XEM !!! XEM for everyone !!!!!
We don't want Makoto going back and getting a real proper job again, like a looser !!! Don't wait, buy your XEM !!!! Please  !!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin
So, don't get informed, don't ask anything. Just buy XEM ! Trust the Devs.
evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:23:59 PM

@dannac you already know that you're trolling otherwise you wouldn't even mention it.
By the way I and probably many others thought you might be a genuine case, but at the end you proved yourself to be 100% a sockpuppet and have gotten two stakes from makoto. You were also against providing an id and proof of address as outlined by samysamy.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:33:59 PM

@dannac you already know that you're trolling otherwise you wouldn't even mention it.
By the way I and probably many others thought you might be a genuine case, but at the end you proved yourself to be 100% a sockpuppet and have gotten two stakes from makoto. You were also against providing an id and proof of address as outlined by samysamy.

Straight question:
If I send YOU my (and for the other 3 too )  ID, photo, address, credit card or whatever you need, do we get our remaining Stakes ?
Are you in charge for that ? I don't think so.

Then who is in charge , aka MAKOTO, please just ask publicly here on THIS Forum that we have to send him our proofs of identity , and after that we will get our Stakes.
If that happen, OF COURSE we can do it straight away, no problem.

But tell me why should we post all our Identities on a FORUM where everyone is anonymous, just because YOU or someone else (that doesn't have right on that btw) is just asking for that?

I'm angry, I'm not fool  Cheesy

Does it make sense to you ?? or still hard to understand ?
nembit86

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:39:12 PM

Having NEM stake (as I do) doesn't mean that you have to convince everyone NEM is the elixir of the Crypto...
We don't want Makoto going back and getting a real proper job again, like a looser !!! Don't wait, buy your XEM !!!! Please  !!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

It's you that's not informed ya numpty......you don't know what you have......the loser in you will sell as soon as you see a rise in price......hope you do so that someone more deserving will get your XEM ya sockmaster ya....

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:42:04 PM

It's you that's not informed ya numpty......you don't know what you have......the loser in you will sell as soon as you see a rise in price......hope you do so that someone more deserving will get your XEM ya sockmaster ya....

I'm not selling them. I'm planning to give them away for free ( at least my portion of stake)
So don't be worried. I know what I have. And it stinks.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:45:39 PM

No, Unfortunately they didn't.
Because NEM is not synonymous of Fairness.
Otherwise, how could these NEM stakes go into the Head pockets if analysis was fair ?  Wink
Whoever offered is availability to show any proof of identity didn't get reply from Patmast3r before, and Makoto after...
Think about, how hard was  try to spend just a bit more time to let people explain their reasons.... How often we use a shared internet connection (Office, Home..) that has been the most common reason why accounts have been flagged as socks puppets  (same IP for different accounts) ?
Try to ask Devs to tell you which Multisig Address holds all the Sockpuppets Stakes, and tell me if you will get answer from them.
Read the previous 6-7 pages and you will better understand.
There must be a reason why on SuperNET they have their own idea about NEM. And there you will find THE devs.
Hope this helps you to don't believe in NEM.
I cannot say more, otherwise I would be a Troll.

Btw, How comes that nobody is interested about the concept expressed in red bolded above??!?!?!
Rather then worry about our identity ?
I can't believe nobody hasn't got even a doubt...
evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:48:07 PM

I'm not selling them. I'm planning to give them away for free ( at least my portion of stake)

Let me rimind you with samysamy's quote:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg11975529#msg11975529
You logged in into the other accounts and pretended to be your two imaginary friends who got nada nothing etc etc well you know the rest  Tongue This is sooooo funny.

Yeah Xem stinks terribly. I'd love to release you from them - Please forward them to my account.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:57:36 PM

Let me rimind you with samysamy's quote:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg11975529#msg11975529
You logged in into the other accounts and pretended to be your two imaginary friends who got nada nothing etc etc well you know the rest  Tongue This is sooooo funny.

Yeah Xem stinks terribly. I'd love to release you from them - Please forward them to my account.

I will send you your quote into something the will stink more then NEM themselves.. And you will have to use your bloody greedy fingers and make them dirty to collect them, one by one.
And you will certainly do it, because you are so greedy. and you don't have any idea of meaning of word like ethic, respect, honour....
The biggest part of my NEM will go to a Sockpuppet that didn't get his stake because of some wankers like you. Keep thinking for yourself.
And shut that mouth Poor pointless self-right, Because even with your XEM, you are still a poor little Man.
Pages: « 1 ... 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 [941] 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: