Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:25:41 PM

I would like to remind you that this is not a fight between NEM and Nxt so stop acting as such.

If you can help advance the discussion good, if not it would be probably better to refrain from making irrelevant comments.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:28:58 PM

Also, even if we will have a project where we will integrate NEM with a village or a country, we surely do it very differently from what Aurora did.

In fact I think Aurora was a failure on multiple levels. So don't worry about that, we won't do the same mistakes.
Totem22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:39:24 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.

This is not how real life works. Aurora tried to get adapted as a country coin by distributing them freely, but Icelanders immediately dumped the coins for BTC instead -- crashing the prices immediately.
Where is the adaption? Nowhere.  Anything that is "freely" distributed to a large number of people will have no value -- as anything that is "free" is worthless.  

As  for destroying them, I am happy with that idea, but in reality it's same as distributing them equally to all stakeholders. The net effect is the same.

I just don't want "developers" or the "insiders" to be sitting on 50% of the coins ("locked" or not as why should we trust what they will do next year or year after that?) Why on earth even leave that an option?

As far as I am concerned they are already controlling way too many coins with 25%  -- add unclaimed coins to that list and whole thing starts to turn into joke

You still evade a question raised directly to you by one Nemster earlier : why are you happy with JeanLuc and several Nxt whales holding 5% of Nxt each but not NEM developers? I agree that the unclaimed coins should not be under control of the core team.

Is there any evidence that Jean Luc holds 5%? I know he was originally stakeholder, but its unknown how much BTC he contributed.  Most Nxt developers actually are not original stakeholders and don't hold even 0.1% of Nxt  Wesley is not original stakeholder. Neither is jl77, nor is CYIYAM, btc2nxt, vbecas who are all working on very important AT project that will integrate turing complete language into Nxt -- before etherium.

There are dozens and dozens of other Nxt developers who are writing mobile apps, blockchain explorers, developing websites, games, and doing all kinds of work -- none of them are original stakeholders

Yuu know why they do it? Because some of them bought Nxt with their own money and want it to succeed. The best motivation to put your money where your mouth is.

In fact what you posted is flat out lie

JeanLuc ran a node with 29 million Nxt and he had at least one more account of 10 million Nxt linked to that account. IT IS the FACT. Blockchain doesn't lie but you do. I am not the one holding double standard but you are and you are blatantly lying to not admit that point.

I am only out to protect the interest of NEM. NEM is nothing without its developers and NEM will be without its developers if we don't treat them well. But if we do the right things all developers CYAM, btc2nxt, vbecas, jl77 and many future ones will choose NEM as the final destination. Obviously that prospect does not look very enticing to Nxt whales and they will try all kind of slandering to prevent that eventuality happening.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

I know it is sometimes difficult to think in the round about these things, and that people quite rightly have a psychological aversion to 'destruction', but isn't option 1 (destruction) just a very simple and elegant way of implementing option 3 (distribution to all stakeholders)?

That's exactly how I see it.
I'm also leaning towards destroying them.
On the other hand I'm not entirely certain that a single NEM will become inevitably more valuable as it becomes more rare.

I'd say use the funds to attract more people to the core team. Hire professional designers, create a marketing commitee, use it to create a complete branding kit, use it to make certain people able to attend events etc etc etc.

Destroying would just be a waste IMO. and giving them away for free to people outside the crypto-community for free would be a bigger mistake as these people would just dump them immediately for som quick cash anyway (which was what happend to auroracoin).
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:45:17 PM

I have already asked 3 times the same questions in different threads with no clear answers of what is happening and this is not helping the average Joe to get on board... People always redirect me to other discussions of NEM (much appreciated by the way) but why no one is giving me a straight answer without redirect me to some other thread?

So I will ask again...

1. If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

2. I understand that buying a NEM stake from AE I am buying a token but it is actually now controlled by UF who might run away and basically end up with an asset with no value?

Thanks
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:49:36 PM

I have already asked 3 times the same questions in different threads with no clear answers of what is happening and this is not helping the average Joe to get on board... People always redirect me to other discussions of NEM (much appreciated by the way) but why no one is giving me a straight answer without redirect me to some other thread?

So I will ask again...

1. If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

2. I understand that buying a NEM stake from AE I am buying a token but it is actually now controlled by UF who might run away and basically end up with an asset with no value?

Thanks

My advice is do not ever invest money you can not afford to loose.
As to investing with NEM , Dude that's up to you.
If you are asking us on this forum to say buy buy buy your in the wrong place.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:51:57 PM

So I will ask again...

Thanks

I hope this helps you out and puts your worries at ease:

1. You will never be put on the stakeholders list. With that said tokens purchased on nxt AE are completely valid, and can be redeemed for actual NEM after launch. Figuring out everyone that purchased a token and putting them on AE would just be way too much work for devs, and it really wouldn't help anything anyways. When it comes to claiming the NEM, the devs will give thorough instructions (the claiming of NEM won't happen for months)

2. Patmast3r is in control of the NEM assets, so there is no worry about him running away with the assets, I think he has proven his honesty by now.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Fastpow

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:53:58 PM

So I will ask again...

Thanks

Hi!

Let's see.

1. If I understood correctly you won't be on the stakeholders list. You'd have a token which represents 1 (or any other amount) stake. 2 weeks after the official launch you will be able to claim this stake by sending it back to the account which created this asset and he'll send the correct amount to your NEM account.

2. Yes, you will be buying a placeholder token but no, this account isn't in possession of UF anymore. Pastmast3r has the account now.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Finally I got the answers I was looking for...

Thank you very much!!!

Last questions:
2 weeks after the official launch you will be able to claim this stake by sending it back to the account which created this asset and he'll send the correct amount to your NEM account.

When is the expected launch?
How will I send it back to  the account which created the asset? Where do I find this account?
How long will I have to claim my NEM coins? What happen if I am on holidays and I don't claim them on time?

Appologies but I am IT newbie and trying to learn all these...

Again thank you very  much!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:00:39 PM

JeanLuc ran a node with 29 million Nxt and he had at least one more account of 10 million Nxt linked to that account. IT IS the FACT. Blockchain doesn't lie but you do. I am not the one holding double standard but you are and you are blatantly lying to not admit that point.

I wasn't aware of exact number, but that is still not 5%, by the way. He was original stakeholder and played within the rules. In any case, your original claim that all Nxt developers hold 5% each was still a lie.

I am only out to protect the interest of NEM. NEM is nothing without its developers and NEM will be without its developers if we don't treat them well.

They are getting 25% of Nem already. Why do they 25% more from unclaimed coins?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Fastpow

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:03:49 PM

Thank you very much!!!

Last questions:
2 weeks after the official launch you will be able to claim this stake by sending it back to the account which created this asset and he'll send the correct amount to your NEM account.

How will I send it back to  the account which created the asset? Where do I find this account?
How long will I have to claim my NEM coins? What happen if I am on holidays and I don't claim them on time?

Again thank you very  much!

The specific information about this process isn't released yet afaik. and neither is the official release date but it's probably going to be around august/september. The closed alpha is scheduled for sunday/monday and the open alpha on the 25th (iirc).

As soon as the specific information about how to claim your token is released I'm sure there will be a detailed guide which everyone can understand about how to claim your NEM Smiley

Hope this answers your questions! Smiley
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:05:45 PM

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Fastpow

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:07:00 PM

That's looking great!
gemstar5000

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

I wasn't aware of exact number, but that is still not 5%, by the way. He was original stakeholder and played within the rules. In any case, your original claim that all Nxt developers hold 5% each was still a lie.

I am only out to protect the interest of NEM. NEM is nothing without its developers and NEM will be without its developers if we don't treat them well.

They are getting 25% of Nem already. Why do they 25% more from unclaimed coins?

Come on DEVs this is a moderated thread we're all tired of listening to this idiot spewing the same garbage like a broken record. Banish him to the unmoderated thread with the rest of the trolling fools, he's made his point now, over and over and over and.......
mr smith

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:12:54 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 06:47:46 AM by mr smith

For all newbies to this thread Eadeqa is a detractor and a troll.
He was with NEM early on and at first i thought he was a moaning oddball. From enduring all his post's it is clear FUD.
For the record i have no bad feelings for nxt and like there platform. However some of the tactics used by detractors that are afraid of change is sad. All the top guys over at nxt have actually helped Nem as we have helped NXT.

It's shameless crap by a deluded minnow that brings discredit to his community.
I also ask all Nemsters not to sink to such low levels of morality.
The donkey was done , i gave Eadege are a gold fish . hopefully im still on his ignore list , so if you could convey this.

New Economy Movement
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:13:19 PM

Come on DEVs this is a moderated thread we're all tired of listening to this idiot spewing the same garbage like a broken record. Banish him to the unmoderated thread with the rest of the trolling fools, he's made his point now, over and over and over and.......

Thanks for letting us know that you want censor all  legitimate posts in this thread that aren't about "to da moon"

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

Looks like we found two sock puppets gemstar5000 and mr smith. How many more sock puppets this guy have? I have seen this guy with other IDs too

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:16:58 PM

first impression:

WOW

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
mr smith

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:19:45 PM

Thanks for letting us know that you want censor all  legitimate posts in this thread that aren't about "to da moon"

SO you sound like cfa and you always post your fud around the same time
Which is all the time

Edit = two typos and yes i can not spell

New Economy Movement
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

Thank you very much!!!

Last questions:

How will I send it back to  the account which created the asset? Where do I find this account?

Again thank you very  much!

:-) I'm glad you got answers! Thank you for your interest and perseverance. And welcome to this community.
It is very nice to have an IT newbie picking NEM out of so many (confusing) cryptocurrencies (cryptos for short).

To answer your question I'll copy/paste a section from the first post on this thread:

NEM Timeline/Roadmap

As it is written here, official launch is still in To Be Announced stage. We are getting to that but no one knows at what precise date that will be. I guess sometime in the fall.
After the official launch, 2 weeks after that you will be able (as well as me too) to exchange your tokens for NEM in the manner already described. But don't be alarmed or worried. Detailed instructions as well as guidance will be available either on official thread here on bitcointalk or on our official forum  http://forum.nemcoin.com/
Also, you can follow what is going on through our twitter account or any other means that are useful to you. Here is the list (also c/p from the first page of this thread):

Useful Links

If you have any questions (doesn't matter how basic they are), please feel free and welcomed to ask them. If you would prefer to have a private conversation send me PM (private message) either here on this forum or on the official forum (forum.nemcoin.com). I have same nickname there too - Tompa.
I hope this will help you! Welcome once again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: