Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:05:23 PM

Screw it lets make it INFIN8TE lolz
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:12:30 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 08:43:40 PM by TaunSew

A lot of this is consumption for people.  A good example during the Great Depression was Huey Long who had that song about every man being a King, every woman a Queen and you can be a millionaire too.  He was later shot.   Grin  

http://youtu.be/jlP9x-5pwsM?t=34s

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 08:46:14 PM

A supply in the billions was once controversial until it was popularized by Doge, NXT and Ripple.  Now many coins come out with a supply in the billions.   It could very well be the case that a supply in the trillions will work better but we don't know as nobody has taken the initiative to try it.  

I think from an international perspective the international monetary supply is around $20 trillion and then derivative, assets and other things do add up to $500 trillion to $1 quadrillion.  So having a NEM supply at 800 - 888 trillion does fit that global scale.

I think it would also work better for tipping.   Doge used to get a lot of interest as people were tipping each other millions of coins but nobody does this anymore because 1 million Doge = $200+ and you aren't going to tip a stranger $200 bucks+.  People don't get as excited over a free 10,000 coins anymore.   This change would mean each stake would get around 250 billion NEM each and that is a lot of tipping millions.  It is a psychological thing but many people like the sound of millions and billions.

I don't think the motivation from anybody here is to cause a riot or a meltdown.  I think we have to remember we are still in the innovation phase.  The user base of this digital currency technology is only 500K-2M people when the internet in 1989 had up to 3 million.  We should always be trying to take every unprecedented initiative we can with the hopes of introducing this technology to more people.  One form of that, I guess, could be "much NEM much wow" where new users are lured in by receiving millions of coins.

Bringing DOGE into this conversation quite frankly, frightens the hell out of me.

Oh wait, bringing NXT and Ripple into this conversation also scares the hell out of me.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:46:53 PM

A lot of this is consumption for people.  A good example during the Great Depression was Huey Long who had that song about every man being a King, every woman a Queen and you can be a millionaire too.  He was later shot.   Grin  

Do you know your on a committee on the forum regarding working out the number for launch?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
TaunSew

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:48:48 PM

A supply in the billions was once controversial until it was popularized by Doge, NXT and Ripple.  Now many coins come out with a supply in the billions.   It could very well be the case that a supply in the trillions will work better but we don't know as nobody has taken the initiative to try it.  

I think from an international perspective the international monetary supply is around $20 trillion and then derivative, assets and other things do add up to $500 trillion to $1 quadrillion.  So having a NEM supply at 800 - 888 trillion does fit that global scale.

I think it would also work better for tipping.   Doge used to get a lot of interest as people were tipping each other millions of coins but nobody does this anymore because 1 million Doge = $200+ and you aren't going to tip a stranger $200 bucks+.  People don't get as excited over a free 10,000 coins anymore.   This change would mean each stake would get around 250 billion NEM each and that is a lot of tipping millions.  It is a psychological thing but many people like the sound of millions and billions.

I don't think the motivation from anybody here is to cause a riot or a meltdown.  I think we have to remember we are still in the innovation phase.  The user base of this digital currency technology is only 500K-2M people when the internet in 1989 had up to 3 million.  We should always be trying to take every unprecedented initiative we can with the hopes of introducing this technology to more people.  One form of that, I guess, could be "much NEM much wow" where new users are lured in by receiving millions of coins.

Bringing DOGE into this conversation quite frankly, frightens the hell out of me.

Oh wait, bringing NXT and Ripple into this conversation also scares the hell out of me.

Yes Ripple is like the Emperor Palpatine of Crypto Currencies, somebody must shoot a torpedo into that exhaust port.   Wink

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:55:10 PM

800 quazillion so everyone on earth can get 1 million and feel rich.
or maybe 800 quazillion times 8 just to make sure it's enough for everyone.

Kommi-coin needs that.

If you make the numbers big enough nobody will be able to determine if they are overvalued or not. It's a good plan to have as many coins as possible. Don't be shy. Go to the limit and put an 8 in front.
TaunSew

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:01:07 PM

Do you know your on a committee on the forum regarding working out the number for launch?

That thread is looking for analytical and some empirical information, less on the rhetorical.
I think Jabo38 did a good job in establishing the scale of international money which is in the hundreds of $trillions already.  

I think further research would try to look at the tipping within Doge back in 2013, to see if millions of coins being given out to each person (we'ld have to look at archived posts of Doge) was really a factor in user base expansion.  Then we possibly have to learn more about Bytecoin (which has a supply of 180 billion) and see what happened there with its' capitalization.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:04:28 PM

That thread is looking for analytical and some empirical information, less on the rhetorical.
I think Jabo38 did a good job in establishing the scale of international money which is in the hundreds of $trillions already.  

I think further research would try to look at the tipping within Doge back in 2013, to see if millions of coins being given out to each person (we'ld have to look at archived posts of Doge) was really a factor in user base expansion.  Then we possibly have to learn more about Bytecoin (which has a supply of 180 billion) and see what happened there with its' capitalization.

Im starting to like the idea of 1 trillion for the publicity.....

We really need the publicity cos right now theres hardly any.......

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:33:59 PM

I think further research would try to look at the tipping within Doge back in 2013, to see if millions of coins being given out to each person (we'ld have to look at archived posts of Doge) was really a factor in user base expansion.  Then we possibly have to learn more about Bytecoin (which has a supply of 180 billion) and see what happened there with its' capitalization.

Im starting to like the idea of 1 trillion for the publicity.....

We really need the publicity cos right now theres hardly any.......

If we want publicity then make it 8 Googol Shocked)

KC
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:43:26 PM

We should get on those and a lot more.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:02:19 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets just hope they get their facts straight before they write up any articles Wink
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:26:40 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 11:38:07 PM by makoto1337

NEM will BIGGest! Distribution 880 or 888 trillions coins! Shocked
Please vote : https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2660.0

Well now this is really getting out of control!! Let's just keep 4B coins as planed and finish this parade, I mean seriously!!
thank you. from billions to trillions. from 4 bil to 8 bil to 3,9 bil 880 tril to 888 tril. sorry, but thats retarded.

I think people are just having a little fun while we continue to test beta and wait for launch. Tongue

Actually, prepare to be surprised, some of the guys are looking into the numbers and I can tell you that 4 B may be woefully short.

+1

888 trl Smiley

Unfortunately the numbers have a psychological effect to human behaviour.
Like it has been guessed that if one
owns 2000000 dollars, he gives away more easily 10000 dollars than in such situation that he
owns 1000000 dollars.  Smiley

Would the following assumption be true?
 - if the total amount of NEMcoins is 888 000 000 000 000,
   then there would be more transactions than if there is only 8 000 000 000 coins.
      "The more money, the faster it moves" Smiley

If that is true, then the current Beta testing will not be enough for big numbers like 888 000 000 000 000.
Maybe the increase of the transaction amount is not linear in relation with the total coin amount, but logarithmic ...

The change of 4 to 8 is not so significant that it would bring any new risks to the current Beta testing.

Maybe you should join the number of coins committee!
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2661.0

Velocity of money is very important for a healthy economy. I think we might be on to something big here!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:29:24 PM

We could update the NEM gold and silver coins to have much more impressive numbers!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
sevenyears26

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:38:15 PM

We could update the NEM gold and silver coins to have much more impressive numbers!

I'm up in the air about the max coins available, but in my opinion our stakes shouldn't be increased any more over 2 million. The problem with Doge in my opinion is that too many people have way too many coins.

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:41:54 PM

I'm up in the air about the max coins available, but in my opinion our stakes shouldn't be increased any more over 2 million. The problem with Doge in my opinion is that too many people have way too many coins.

I thought the problems with DOGD were mining, obsolete tech, and bad design.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:03:39 AM

Do you mean that for one person should not be given more than 2 millions?
 ... or 1 NEMstake <= 2 million NEMcoins ?

If yes, then you may be right.
We may not perceive the big numbers well enough. With cryptocurrencies can be used a "helper": translate the coin amounts to dollar/euro/localCurrency values Smiley    ... until crypto become more valuable.
(Ofc, one can say that if someone has 4000 000 dollars, he can afford to go "little bit nuts" and give 10 000 dollars to everyone, who walks on the same street with him  Smiley )

http://spacecollective.org/TheUndying/5970/Big-numbers-and-the-human-mind
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

NEM will BIGGest! Distribution 880 or 888 trillions coins! Shocked
Please vote : https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2660.0

Well now this is really getting out of control!! Let's just keep 4B coins as planed and finish this parade, I mean seriously!!
thank you. from billions to trillions. from 4 bil to 8 bil to 3,9 bil 880 tril to 888 tril. sorry, but thats retarded.

I think people are just having a little fun while we continue to test beta and wait for launch. Tongue

Actually, prepare to be surprised, some of the guys are looking into the numbers and I can tell you that 4 B may be woefully short.

+1

888 trl Smiley

Unfortunately the numbers have a psychological effect to human behaviour.
Like it has been guessed that if one
owns 2000000 dollars, he gives away more easily 10000 dollars than in such situation that he
owns 1000000 dollars.  Smiley

Would the following assumption be true?
 - if the total amount of NEMcoins is 888 000 000 000 000,
   then there would be more transactions than if there is only 8 000 000 000 coins.
      "The more money, the faster it moves" Smiley

If that is true, then the current Beta testing will not be enough for big numbers like 888 000 000 000 000.
Maybe the increase of the transaction amount is not linear in relation with the total coin amount, but logarithmic ...

The change of 4 to 8 is not so significant that it would bring any new risks to the current Beta testing.

Maybe you should join the number of coins committee!
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2661.0

Velocity of money is very important for a healthy economy. I think we might be on to something big here!

yes, the velocity is important ...
but people should also understand the money value.
It is not wanted that the velocity goes over their heads Smiley    (did that happen with DOGE?)
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:20:38 AM

And what about to try to give dogennaires some ability to join NEM? Doge made one of best works for crypto-adoption and crypto-popolarization. So what about giving dogennaires a chance to be a part of NEM network? Send doge and get some NEMs? The same with few other projects which were maybe faulty but their brands and movement have a non-numerical but still great value. The "bonus" possed by unclaimed stakes which is still discussed at NEM forum is a good thing to melt down partially for that.

Yeah it will bring some costs and inflation however it may do a profit from the brands which are still valuable. Doge is a hell good brand. No matter how bad coin it technically is.

NEM as a representation of the whole bitcointalk, almost every good old bitcointalker is a NEMster. So the NEM should be a rescue ship for those who hadnt lost all faith after many PnD and ponzi schemes. Giving a helping hands to some communities and overtaking their positives may be a good move to NEM movement.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:21:28 AM

Do you mean that for one person should not be given more than 2 millions?
 ... or 1 NEMstake <= 2 million NEMcoins ?

If yes, then you may be right.
We may not perceive the big numbers well enough. With cryptocurrencies can be used a "helper": translate the coin amounts to dollar/euro/localCurrency values Smiley    ... until crypto become more valuable.
(Ofc, one can say that if someone has 4000 000 dollars, he can afford to go "little bit nuts" and give 10 000 dollars to everyone, who walks on the same street with him  Smiley )

http://spacecollective.org/TheUndying/5970/Big-numbers-and-the-human-mind

I think there's definitely a sweet spot somewhere. I think 4 billion are too few, but maybe closer to 100 billlion-1 trillion is a better range.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:24:32 AM

And what about to try to give dogennaires some ability to join NEM? Doge made one of best works for crypto-adoption and crypto-popolarization. So what about giving dogennaires a chance to be a part of NEM network? Send doge and get some NEMs? The same with few other projects which were maybe faulty but their brands and movement have a non-numerical but still great value. The "bonus" possed by unclaimed stakes which is still discussed at NEM forum is a good thing to melt down partially for that.

Yeah it will bring some costs and inflation however it may do a profit from the brands which are still valuable. Doge is a hell good brand. No matter how bad coin it technically is.

NEM as a representation of the whole bitcointalk, almost every good old bitcointalker is a NEMster. So the NEM should be a rescue ship for those who hadnt lost all faith after many PnD and ponzi schemes. Giving a helping hands to some communities and overtaking their positives may be a good move to NEM movement.

I like cats Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: