Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:58:59 PM

A quote from the other forum talking about the coup in Thailand.

Anyway we have food to last us a bit, and gold to get us out if need be. No one is going to take fiat or BTC at the airport if it comes to that.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Anyway we have food to last us a bit, and gold to get us out if need be. No one is going to take fiat or BTC at the airport if it comes to that.

quoting yourself?  oh, that's great. Roll Eyes
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

Yes, do you know any others on the ground in Thailand? Not my first coup.... I know what gets you things when shit goes sideways like this. Also I bought a case of Johny Walker Black just before the curfew. If this lasts more than a week that will come in handy. Gold is not the only thing that has worth.

I also raided the ATMs just cuz. If anyone takes the fiat great for me!

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:13:54 PM

read a little deeper Goat just conceded, a preference for Bitcoin over gold, call it a statement not a quote.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

read a little deeper Goat just conceded, a preference for Bitcoin over gold, call it a statement not a quote.

oh that is no secret, i love BTC (or crypto coins) compared to gold. my only point is, gold is not yet dead and worthless.

Trolling
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:48:05 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 05:07:19 PM by Adrian-x

quoting yourself?  oh, that's great. Roll Eyes

oh that is no secret, i love BTC (or crypto coins) compared to gold. my only point is, gold is not yet dead and worthless.

I'll take your word for it and hold on. (i now see it as Armageddon insurance.)

As a passive observer here early on, I thought cypherdoc was being hypercritical and over confident when he was called out for using gold in his avatar, (yes I know never make an investment call on the colour of someone’s avatar) – actually I held cypherdoc, position as an uneducated default, I was being schooled in the value of gold by gold bug propaganda.

Anyway I decided to track and do the reverse cypherdoc experiment, split BTC and buy Gold and track the 2, I traded out what would later become a life changing amount of Bitcoin for Gold BTC @ $9 and Gold @ $1900 + delivery.

I don’t care what anyone says, until that split investment returns something comparable in value, Gold is collapsing and Bitcoin is UP I know i live it every day.

So gold is timeless, also probably stolen form Inkers or some Spanish ship by the Brits, the mottled history aside, I’ll make a spoon with my gold one day, if I can afford the energy to melt it, or I could invest the energy in mining Bitcoin and buy a dinner set and dining table.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

(i now see it as Armageddon insurance.)

A good way to look at gold!

I am however sorry you trade a fair amount of BTC for Gold. I would never tell anyone to trade more than 10% of their crypto for gold unless the thought a BTc correction was going to happen soon.

I'm 85% crypto, 10% PMs, and even 5% fiat cuz, well hookers and blow...

Trolling
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

I am however sorry you trade a fair amount of BTC for Gold. I would never tell anyone to trade more than 10% of their crypto for gold unless the thought a BTc correction was going to happen soon.

actually i can't disagree with this.  i've been pretty open that i still have 24 oz left for posterity.  i was thinking of selling even those too this past week however.  still $2500/oz miscreanity?  Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:04:26 PM

As a passive observer here early on, I thought cypherdoc was being hypocritical hypercritical and over confident when he was called out for using gold in his avatar, (yes I know never make an investment call on the colour of someone’s avatar) – actually I held cypherdoc, position as an uneducated default, I was being schooled in the value of gold by gold bug propaganda.

for the life of me, i never understood why anyone would draw any conclusions for using gold in my avatar, let alone think they've called me out. i'm a known, former gold bug and i still thinks it's pretty.

doesn't mean i think it's a good store of value or currency next to Bitcoin.  it is just a cool looking symbol representing a historical transition.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

I'll never fear a correction again, and it's a good lesson to make weighted and calculated decision. (at the time my Bitcoin went up 300% I thought that was unnatural and against the order of things and like many idiots called it a bubble.)  

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:06:14 PM

actually i can't disagree with this. 

Smiley Grin Smiley Grin Smiley

We are one and the same Smiley

(but really only 24 oz? I guess if you are single that might get you across a boarder or two.)

Trolling
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

a bit off topic but it is so odd here, no one is on the road, everyone is at home cuz of the 10 pm curfew. there is no police or army check points but everyone has obeyed.

it is very odd, people in the west would never just obey like this.

Trolling
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:11:15 PM

a bit off topic but it is so odd here, no one is on the road, everyone is at home cuz of the 10 pm curfew. there is no police or army check points but everyone has obeyed.

i haven't been following the Thai news.  what's going on over there?

if i were in your shoes i could probably see how the gold/Bitcoin argument shifts a bit.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:11:53 PM

Gold obvously doesnt have such big dips like bitcoin but in the long run bitcoin will win

I agree with this as well, but there is no point in saying gold is down and btc is up when clearly that is not the case.

I have been trading gold/silver since 2002 and btc since 2010. the thing i noticed in that time is that some times it is good to use btc to buy gold, and some times to use gold to buy btc.

btc does not always go up and gold does not always go down. to say that it does every week, esp in 2014 is just Huh well i dont know what it is. i 100% do not understand why it is being done. anyone with access to a 6 month chart of both btc and gold will know that it is just not true.

Trading BTC since 2010? Proof? Lol

Lol, Smoothie you troll. I guess the 100% correct way to put it would be "HODLing since 2010" I was not actively trading in 2010, just stacking.   Wink

Anyone notice how goat still didn't prove his claim? Lolz

If he was stacking he could prove it. Of course he hasn't and likely won't just like his claim of buying PMs since 2002.  Cheesy

Yes goat I'm a "troll" for asking you to prove your claim. Don't you have any new material? It is getting old calling me a troll.  Grin Grin Grin

BTW how are those "not-for-profit" physical litecoins coming that you claimed we're coming in October, November, December, January....? And now it is may.  

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:12:25 PM

WTF: http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/05/09/boston_bombing_lockdown_could_you_have_refused_to_let_police_enter_your.html

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

I was being schooled in the value of gold by gold bug propaganda.

actually, we all need to give miscreanity credit where credit is due.

he's the head master of this altho not alone.  Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

Gold obvously doesnt have such big dips like bitcoin but in the long run bitcoin will win

I agree with this as well, but there is no point in saying gold is down and btc is up when clearly that is not the case.

I have been trading gold/silver since 2002 and btc since 2010. the thing i noticed in that time is that some times it is good to use btc to buy gold, and some times to use gold to buy btc.

btc does not always go up and gold does not always go down. to say that it does every week, esp in 2014 is just Huh well i dont know what it is. i 100% do not understand why it is being done. anyone with access to a 6 month chart of both btc and gold will know that it is just not true.

Lol, Smoothie you troll. I guess the 100% correct way to put it would be "HODLing since 2010" I was not actively trading in 2010, just stacking.   Wink

If he was stacking he could prove it. Of course he hasn't and likely won't just like his claim of buying PMs since 2002.  Cheesy

Yes goat I'm a "troll" for asking you to prove your claim. Don't you have any new material? It is getting old calling me a troll.  Grin Grin Grin

BTW how are those "not-for-profit" physical litecoins coming that you claimed we're coming in October, November, December, January....? And now it is may.  

lol!  i liked it better when you really were a troll!  Wink Grin
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:24:41 PM

lol!  i liked it better when you really were a troll!  Wink Grin

Which confirms my guess...the word troll has been so watered down that merely asking a question is trolling. Lolz

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

for the life of me, i never understood why anyone would draw any conclusions for using gold in my avatar, let alone think they've called me out. i'm a known, former gold bug and i still thinks it's pretty.

doesn't mean i think it's a good store of value or currency next to Bitcoin.  it is just a cool looking symbol representing a historical transition.

I thought both arguments had merit, I doubted myself and made a stupid call. (a virtual tip of the scale - LOL in hindsight I think your ego may have defended your avatar or something.)    

Also my judgment was cloudy, An acquaintance had bought a Kruger Rand almost every month for the last 30 year and I felt a little left behind when it came to gold. (my ego called gold's, bubble top in hindsight).  

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Even though PMs may garner some gains in the next 5 years, it will pale in comparison to the valuation crypto has overall in the same timeframe

Peter Schiff doing a 180 is a clear sign of things to come.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: