Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:16:50 AM

Ooh, the kiss of death. There ARE problems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/26ccz3/ripple_board_member_resigns/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:09:57 AM

Hey ya'll. Jesse from Kraken here.
Today I have submitted my resignation from the Board of Ripple Labs. While I care about the people who work there and I wish the company the best, I cannot personally continue to support the business.
I believe that the technology and the protocol hold great promise, and have since the beginning, which is why I was the company’s first investor. Since Jed's departure, the management of the company has taken a different direction. Sadly, the vision Jed and I had for the project in the early days has been lost. I’m no longer confident in the management nor the company’s ability to recover from the founders’ perplexing allocation to themselves of 20% of the XRP, which I had hoped until recently would be returned. Prior to Jed's departure from Ripple, I had asked the founders to return their XRP to the company. Jed agreed but Chris declined—leaving a stalemate. This afternoon, I revisited the allocation discussion with the pair and again, where Jed was open, Chris was hostile.
As an investor, of course, I hope that Ripple Labs will overcome its hurdles and prove my lack of confidence misplaced. Unfortunately, unlike the founders, I don’t have swathes of XRP to dump if I don't think it's working out.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Just a point of info.....cypher chickened out of the bet and we canceled it. He knew not to fuck with dat yellow metal.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:54:32 AM

Sublimation is the change of phase of matter, directly from solid to gaseous, without going to liquid first.

All real men have trusted in gold and silver instead of liquid assets until now. When Bitcoin overtakes gold's market cap (or even parity of 1ozt=1BTC), they will flock into bitcoins, directly exchanging their metals (solid) to bitcoins (vapor) without visiting dollars (liquid).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:13:47 PM

Just a point of info.....cypher chickened out of the bet and we canceled it. He knew not to fuck with dat yellow metal.

You really are an idiot.

You refuse to escrow the bet.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:58:32 PM

Barclays Bank fined £26m for gold price fixing
http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-news/
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:09:00 PM

Everybody knows how fond I am of Tim Geithner. Bummed that Stewart let him off easy:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/4s2il1/may-21--2014---timothy-geithner

Crap, that's the wrong link in the sense that it's not the entire interview. Watch this one for sure and you'll see why Geithner is a weasel and just how screwed we really are:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-05-23/jon-stewart-disembowels-sectreas-geithner
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:27:30 PM

Everybody knows how fond I am of Tim Geithner. Bummed that Stewart let him off easy:

Crap, that's the wrong link in the sense that it's not the entire interview. Watch this one for sure and you'll see why Geithner is a weasel and just how screwed we really are:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-05-23/jon-stewart-disembowels-sectreas-geithner

The 2 major points that Stewart failed to counter Geithner were:

1. The only reason the bubble got so big was that the banks have been conditioned by guys like Geithner for decades that they will be bailed when push comes to shove aka they threaten to blow up the country if they don't get what they want.
2. No, the taxpayer didn't make a profit on all the bailout money we turned over; that's been twisted by fancy accounting gimmicks and more importantly funded by the Roman Candle money supply expansion graph I keep throwing up. We also more than doubled the national debt just for good measure.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:29:57 PM

U

The 2 major points that Stewart failed to counter Geithner were:

1. The only reason the bubble got so big was that the banks have been conditioned by guys like Geithner for decades that they will be bailed when push comes to shove aka they threaten to blow up the country if they don't get what they want.
2. No, the taxpayer didn't make a profit on all the bailout money we turned over; that's been twisted by fancy accounting gimmicks and more importantly funded by the Roman Candle money supply expansion graph I keep throwing up. We also more than doubled the national debt just for good measure.

You can see that Bernanke was just a tool for all those years when it came to dealing with guys like Geithner and Paulson.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:18:23 AM

Cypher asked me to cross post this here.

And I'm the "troll"? lol...look who may be the scammer. lolzzz  Grin Grin Grin

These PMs are real:

This is a working draft of the contract. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

This contract is between member Gurrty and member Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his Tygrr-bot team. Debt owner is Gurrty and borrower is Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his Tygrr-bot team.

Gurrty will transfer his 5762 Tygrr-Bot bonds to Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team. With this contract it will be equal to 5762 bitcoin in debt. Payments are to be made once a week for 100 weeks. After 100 payments have been made the contract and all debt is void.
Payments will be made Tuesday evening Thailand time.

All payments goes to bitcoin address; 16tiv9us2QimyEXpaVoaJ6QZi1k38TArN9

Gurrty takes responsibility to notify Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team with a new bitcoin address if Gurrty would need to change it.

This contract will start to take effect after approval and when Gurrty has transferred all of his Tygrr-Bot bonds to Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team.
The debt will be used for the bot and other potential revenue generating projects.   The specific investments which the debt are used for will not be disclosed specifically.
This loan is made in good faith, is not guaranteed and is provided on a best effort basis.
Gurrty acknowledges that bitcoinica at the time of the writing of the contract holds 700 of the total BTC debt of TyGrr-Bot. His portion of the debt will not be refunded if bitcoinica does not refund Tygrr-Bot the 700 btc. The last part of the loan will not be repaid if bitcoinica does not refund the btc.
The loan will be repaid back 1% plus 1% interest each week. Once the 1% payment is made the loan debt will be reduced by 1%. The loan will be repaid in 100 week.
If a payment cannot be made on time it should be paid as soon as able. The interest will be added back to the loan debt until it is able to be paid.
Chaang-Noi and team has the right to buy back the debt from Gurrty at a price of 1 BTC for each Tygrr-bot share reaming at anytime.  
This contract is not permitted to change and it is what is written.
Hello Gurrty,

I am glad things are progressing. I will try and set up a google document for us to keep track of this. Give me some time to work on it.

I will start paying you for a full week next Tuesday (assuming you send the bonds by then).

Please send the bonds to Chaang-Noi on GLBSE.

Thank you.
I would like to confirm I got 5212 TyGrr-Bot bonds.

Thank you.
Hello Gurrty,

Having cash flow problems right now. The contract is not guaranteed and filled with best intent. However good news, in the next 3 or 4 days I should get 5000 BTC so maybe we can clear most of this soon.

~goat~
Hello Gurrty,

Different people owe me about $400,000 US and are not paying me. The pirate default has not helped me at all. I am taking legal action against one of the members (and if that will not work I will be going to the FBI) and as you know we are taking action against bitcoinica as well. Just about everyone in the bitcoin world has defaulted or has had their coin stolen.

I am trying very hard to recover not only your coin but mine as well. This last year of my being involved in bitcoin has cost me what I was able to save in 10 years. It is has been a disaster for everyone.

I am trying my best. BTW Matthew N. Wright who is now a scammer was the last who defaulted on the 5,000 BTC that I was going to give mostly to you. I don't know if I should sue him or write it off Sad

Hello,

I have thought a lot about this a lot.

First of all my "good job" in Thailand is a respectable job but pays just over $12,000 USD a year. I need to support a family on this. However that has nothing to do with anything.

You asked me to get such a crazy rate and we made a contract. I acted in good faith and tried to meet what you demanded of me. In doing so I lost a lot more money than I would have myself. I do not think it is fair for you to ask me to bail you out. I acted honestly and in good faith.

At this point I would like you to explain to me why I should refund your investment. I would like you to please tell me what you think I did wrong.

Thank you.

In regards to :

Goat owe me 3740.35 BTC. This is a serious scam and he is playing rich with MY money. 2012 I invested a lot in his Tygrr-bot. I thought it sounded like a cool arbitrage bot. It was hard to go profit and a lesser amount was lost to exchange failure. The project was ended but much money was left. He chose to refund all invested with 90-100%. But ONE person owned more than 50% of all funded 10000 BTC, that was me. We made a contract with 1% interest, 1% payback each week. That would last in 100 weeks or almost two years and after that period his debt was ended to me. He payed me for 11 weeks, total 1106.81 BTC. He still owes me 4105.19 BTC in principle payment with zero interest accounted for. Debt can be adjusted down by 364.84 BTC because I guess bitcoinica never made a refund. Still 3740.35 BTC in debt.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44233

I start to post our contract. Goat has blocked my pm.

PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/llYRElK.png

This is a working draft of the contract. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

This contract is between member Gurrty and member Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his Tygrr-bot team. Debt owner is Gurrty and borrower is Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his Tygrr-bot team.

Gurrty will transfer his 5762 Tygrr-Bot bonds to Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team. With this contract it will be equal to 5762 bitcoin in debt. Payments are to be made once a week for 100 weeks. After 100 payments have been made the contract and all debt is void.
Payments will be made Tuesday evening Thailand time.

All payments goes to bitcoin address; 16tiv9us2QimyEXpaVoaJ6QZi1k38TArN9

Gurrty takes responsibility to notify Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team with a new bitcoin address if Gurrty would need to change it.

This contract will start to take effect after approval and when Gurrty has transferred all of his Tygrr-Bot bonds to Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย and his team.
The debt will be used for the bot and other potential revenue generating projects.   The specific investments which the debt are used for will not be disclosed specifically.
This loan is made in good faith, is not guaranteed and is provided on a best effort basis.
Gurrty acknowledges that bitcoinica at the time of the writing of the contract holds 700 of the total BTC debt of TyGrr-Bot. His portion of the debt will not be refunded if bitcoinica does not refund Tygrr-Bot the 700 btc. The last part of the loan will not be repaid if bitcoinica does not refund the btc.
The loan will be repaid back 1% plus 1% interest each week. Once the 1% payment is made the loan debt will be reduced by 1%. The loan will be repaid in 100 week.
If a payment cannot be made on time it should be paid as soon as able. The interest will be added back to the loan debt until it is able to be paid.
Chaang-Noi and team has the right to buy back the debt from Gurrty at a price of 1 BTC for each Tygrr-bot share reaming at anytime.
This contract is not permitted to change and it is what is written.

Later same day after Goat wrote his working draft I Approved. Next day I transfered my 5212 Tygrr-Bot bonds to Goats GLBSE account. 5212 BTC is principal in this contract. 1106.81 BTC and 364.84 BTC is subtracted from that amount and is leaving 3740.35 BTC in debt to Gurrty. Please read following conversation;

PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/wnArqrf.png
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/n2N9ZdM.png
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/3zdCSHO.png
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/B8G6odU.png

A period of 11 weeks follows when Goat pay me every week. We are posting some pms to each other and talking about some other things in good manner. 2012-09-08 I write him a pm asking why he has stopped paying me;

PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/TRatNU9.png

His response;

PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/n1PtwQK.png

After this I respond him with a pm telling him; "I regarded this contract as serious even if it is always with best intent. You need to do what is right." I write further about Christianity and how I am feeling. He respond "Different people owe me about $400,000 US and are not paying me."

After this I understand he is not willing to pay me any more on what we had agreed on. I am not happy and I don't post anything to Goat until 9 months later, 2013-04-11. I write that things is not fair and I have lost much money. I suggest our debt to be converted in USD with 2012-06-05 market price. He reject it. I will never suggest it anymore. I was kind and he should ha accepted it back then. Our contract is denominated in BTC and I demand it to be pay back in full.

Last post I wrote to Goat was 2014-04-21. I argument that he owe me very much BTC and I can be forced to contact FBI/SEC. He has now blocked my pm.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:23:32 AM

Remember all that talk about how he was so great investing in PMs in 2002 and selling in 2011 and "stacking" Bitcoin in 2010?

Well my post above likely debunks much of that as it appears Goat used other user's money to get rich. And now that he is rich...will he pay back his creditors?

We will see.  Roll Eyes

P.S. Just remember just because he lost money with users' funds with bitcoinica or pirate or even this gag above doesn't necessarily get him off the hook because it was a "best effort" agreement and couldn't pay back at the time then made money a year later or so.

The guy has flashed his lambo on this forum as well as other things of great value...yet there are people who are supposedly owed BTC in large amounts.

I would not be surprised if this wasn't the ONLY person Goat owed funds to on this forum.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:25:48 AM

You guys want to take bets whether he will return to this forum again? Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:26:46 AM

A day ago he said to me he was leaving.

Hmmm....what side of the bet are you on? lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:30:19 AM

I think I'd bet against it. He'll probably try defend himself with excuses.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:31:46 AM

That is the same side of the bet I would be on...Damn.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:34:29 AM

Everyone understand now why I've been so skeptical?
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:37:00 AM

I always knew he was a shady guy, it's just that people on this forum are often times blinded when people flash their lamborghinis and castles. Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:48:13 AM

I always knew he was a shady guy, it's just that people on this forum are often times blinded when people flash their lamborghinis and castles. Cheesy

The fact that the guy was one of the Pirate Pass-Through operators should have been enough reason to know the guy got rich off of other people's money and not his own.

He has the gall to call honest traders like me a "scammer" when I've only done honest deals on this forum from day one.

PFFT..."stacked bitcoin in 2010" and "bought PMs in 2002 and sold in 2011".....LOL!!!!!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:49:27 AM

yet there are people who are supposedly owed BTC in large amounts.

Supposedly is the correct word. You got something right for once. Good job buddy!

I know I should not post this troll bait but it is so hard to resist trolling you guys (smoothy, blits and cypherdog). There is going to be at least 10 posts talking about this and all of them are going to be off topic.

Okay, start your clucking Smiley

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:51:15 AM

Shame I didn't find anyone to bet with. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: