Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:07:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 [903] 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:45:18 AM

ATDevelopmentFund
The purpose of this case is to provide funding to help extend the technical work and general product development and marketing for AT inside the burst platform.

The ATDevFund is asking for 1,000,000 BURST, and already +20% is collected (among them my lottery winnings, as I promised...).

I'm not pointing to this case because I'd like some devs being richer or being able to launch scam coin.

Remember that BURST was launched without any pre-mine, without any IPO/ICO - so damn many people are working for free with this coins to, quoting that article, being: "once again, one step ahead of the competition". BURST didn't make any promises to collect a single damn BTC. The devs have just worked and worked - and shown result after result after result.

People have not only worked for free but also but their own money into this project, and we are many that made some decent money off that. That's the reason I donated a, for some, kinda large sum tonight, and for some, just peanuts.

The sum that you are donating really doesn't matter. It's the act of donating that is more important, showing those working hard for free that you really appreciate what they are doing. And will be doing.

As someone with a bit of insight on what is coming up, I know you and the market will love it when it is completed by these awesome guys. So please considering a donation to the ATDevelopmentFund and filling that 1mill cap!

While doing so, we'll also make sure that the crowdfunding case is working properly, a news on its own.

Would be happy to donate.. haven't been paying as much attention as I'd like though.  How can I donate?  There is a wallet address to send money to to trigger it, right?  Which address is that?

And what are the rules?  On which block are donations returned if the goal is not reached.

Thanks.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hahan

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:59:36 AM

wow page 912.. this community is amazing

wow burst now around 200 sat, last time it was 90 sat and I kept it until now

wow the bcpt asset is still producing additional burst coin until now... can someone sold it under 100,000 burst per bcpt?, will definitely buy, contact me... serious seller only
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:27:03 AM

Thank you, vbcs for doing such a great job in creating a ATcrowdfunding.

I got some questions and suggestions:

1. "Funding" is not a "Donation", so I expect to pay back a funded project. There is no terms set yet of how much interest, what time frame to pay back. Sure, an interest of -100% is a donation!

2. How can I see WHO has pledged so far? Which api can I use for that? So that I can follow up with these people by private messages.

3. Why would somebody fund a project, when they "hide" behind a Creator BURST account? We need a recommendation system.

4. There is no Withdraw or Edit function, e.g. if I want to change the description. Maybe we suggest to use a description link to be free of edit function and withdraw is the a normal expire.

5. I assume that this will pickup and more crowdfunding cases will emerge. Maybe a list of Funding cases and a click for more information would be better. E.g., ordered by highest % already funded and ordered by blocks to go, so that projects soon to be due and nearly reached project's target will be seen first to get easier funded.

6. How can we promote our funding case? Right now it is a title and a description. We would need a "link" to the promoted funding case, like we have an asset-id.

(I followed your asking, and pledged towards the development!)

You should be aware that one important property of the ATs is that they are trustless and decentralized. Beeing able to modify something on the code of the AT after you have deployed it, then automatically.you loose that property. Maybe beeing able to change just the description does not affect that, but I dont think is a very important feature at the moment to implement it. Also i dont understand the withdraw option? What you mean? If someone sends pledges to the project he cannot undo the pledges, the only way to get his money back is if the projevt is not fully funded.

If never need to be paid back, then it is in my opinion not a funding but a donation. If it is a donation, then I do not need to wait till a certain level has been reached. Look at BTCjam for ideas.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:35:32 AM

Yeah burst.ga seams to be down :/

That's because of the hot weather, ... maybe aircondition would help or move the server to the Antarctica, ... ^&*( they lost also the cool snow, ... hehehehehehe

BTW, burst.ga is not resolved in my country! It seems they do not like *.ga domains. I had to add burst.ga into my host file.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:40:53 AM

ATDevelopmentFund
The purpose of this case is to provide funding to help extend the technical work and general product development and marketing for AT inside the burst platform.

The ATDevFund is asking for 1,000,000 BURST, and already +20% is collected (among them my lottery winnings, as I promised...).

I'm not pointing to this case because I'd like some devs being richer or being able to launch scam coin.

Remember that BURST was launched without any pre-mine, without any IPO/ICO - so damn many people are working for free with this coins to, quoting that article, being: "once again, one step ahead of the competition". BURST didn't make any promises to collect a single damn BTC. The devs have just worked and worked - and shown result after result after result.

People have not only worked for free but also but their own money into this project, and we are many that made some decent money off that. That's the reason I donated a, for some, kinda large sum tonight, and for some, just peanuts.

The sum that you are donating really doesn't matter. It's the act of donating that is more important, showing those working hard for free that you really appreciate what they are doing. And will be doing.

As someone with a bit of insight on what is coming up, I know you and the market will love it when it is completed by these awesome guys. So please considering a donation to the ATDevelopmentFund and filling that 1mill cap!

While doing so, we'll also make sure that the crowdfunding case is working properly, a news on its own.

Would be happy to donate.. haven't been paying as much attention as I'd like though.  How can I donate?  There is a wallet address to send money to to trigger it, right?  Which address is that?

And what are the rules?  On which block are donations returned if the goal is not reached.

Thanks.

Look at the line:  Creator: BURST-NUFU-7PX7-KHVM-7EMNC   That's where you can donate!
I would suggest pledge first and if not funded (unlikely) then you still can donate it. Don't forget to add some "0" at the end of the 1000 Burst suggestion ;-)

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:04:34 AM

Hi guys. (reward recipients for each pool is top left corner, they are two completely separate pools.)

Yes, I will be keeping both pools.

burst.ga will eventually be setup with slightly different payout system (unless we decide the way it is is good.) Originally we were going to setup burst.ga with a payout system that's better for smaller guys, or medium guys, and burstcoining pool will be for larger miners...

yes, burstcoining is still the tester pool, but it's getting same updates pushed to it that burst.ga is...

burst.ga's server is a little faster, but it's also got a lot of miners connected to it.

The only issue currently I believe is that the UI doesn't come up super fast, but the nonces are still submitted, counted, and payouts are all good. The pool's server went from 100% usage on old pool with new blocks, to less than 50%! cat's code is great!

We still have a few things to work out, and I'm sure that more issues will arise, but cat is active daily and constanty working on things for me. Smiley

please let me know if you encounter any issues, and I will have them resolved post haste!

edit: also, just so everyone knows I have pledged to donate 200k+ to the crowdfund AT devfund. I will be doing so shortly. (at the latest by end day tomorrow)

Hi crowetic,

Mining was smooth for the past days until the updates yesterday. Here's my problem.

- For some time I'm getting "receiving confirmation failed" and "get mining info failed" on debug=true.
 - After few hours I get sdl:42 vs cdl:29 -- that's like 13 missed DL confirmation.

Seems not normal to me...

What part of Blago's miner settings should I keep in mind?

Thanks!

Agreed, I've had to restart the server a couple times, cat is not online at the moment, but I know he'll be on it as soon as he is... He is very good with getting to fixing issues right away. We still have a few bugs to work out.

It seems like the back end stays up but the front end goes down, which is better than the other way around. Mining still seems to work fine, it's just that I can't get access to the stats.

The errors you got were likely during one of the server restarts, but I'll have cat take a look at your messages as well.

I'm sorry about the remaining issues, but they should be ironed out soon. Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:40:28 AM

If never need to be paid back, then it is in my opinion not a funding but a donation. If it is a donation, then I do not need to wait till a certain level has been reached. Look at BTCjam for ideas.

The button should say "pledge" so it is not a "donation" (if the target is not reached you will be refunded).

When the crowdfund target is reached then the button will change to donate (as it has been fully funded).

Make sense?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:34:03 AM

The button should say "pledge" so it is not a "donation" (if the target is not reached you will be refunded).

When the crowdfund target is reached then the button will change to donate (as it has been fully funded).

Make sense?

Just want to say CIYAM, your development work on this project is appreciated thanks for being a part of this great project. With these developments BURST cannot be denied.
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:57:37 AM

Does anyone know how to make Blagos miner 'error out' faster on fast blocks? When a fastblock happens and if the previous mine hasn't completed, the miner will just sit there anywhere from 0-30 seconds playing with itself before it realizes it should move on. I've been watching this happen like clockwork over the past week or so, precious mine time is lost on the new block. If there are two fast blocks in a row, it may be even skip the middle one completely.

This can't be fixed from the user end?
Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:17:42 AM

Make sense?

I haven't seen it so far that it gets "Donation"
However, then it makes even less sense to use the term "crowdfunding" at all. Why would I only donate if a certain level will be reached? If I am convinced of a project, then I donate regardless if they get a certain level.

Look at BTCjam, or even more generic Google for crowdfunding. There I could nowhere find that funding becomes donation.

BTW, where can I get more information how to use CIYAM? I have installed the server in a VirtualBox, but I have no idea how I add now your codes (LuckyAT, ... ) as a project.

Elmit

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:19:08 AM

Just want to say CIYAM, your development work on this project is appreciated thanks for being a part of this great project. With these developments BURST cannot be denied.

I agree with that completely. I hope we can see more and help to grow together.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:29:34 AM

Because it won't say that unless it is already 100% funded (and maybe also not until the target block - would have to check with Vasilis about that to be sure).

However, then it makes even less sense to use the term "crowdfunding" at all. Why would I only donate if a certain level will be reached? If I am convinced of a project, then I donate regardless if they get a certain level.

It *is* crowdfunding because if the target level is not reached it will return the funds (we do understand the concept completely).

We added the "donate" once 100% reached as presumably the project would like to have further funds if it can but we could easily modify the AT so that after the target date any further funds can be refunded.

I guess we could also perhaps extend the AT to always have a Donate button which would send funds immediately to the destination address (if you think that would be an improvement I'll discuss it with Vasilis).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:32:41 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 07:48:44 AM by CIYAM

BTW, where can I get more information how to use CIYAM? I have installed the server in a VirtualBox, but I have no idea how I add now your codes (LuckyAT, ... ) as a project.

I think you are best to wait until we are ready to actually launch (by which time we will hopefully have some video demos) and understand that CIYAM doesn't even use AT (these are two very separate projects).

What will be able to link CIYAM with blockchains that use AT is actually the ACCT use case (which has yet to be demonstrated).

Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:43:26 AM

Does anyone know how to make Blagos miner 'error out' faster on fast blocks? When a fastblock happens and if the previous mine hasn't completed, the miner will just sit there anywhere from 0-30 seconds playing with itself before it realizes it should move on. I've been watching this happen like clockwork over the past week or so, precious mine time is lost on the new block. If there are two fast blocks in a row, it may be even skip the middle one completely.

Did not observe such problems. You can pm to me screenshot and log file when this happens?

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
catbref

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:28:50 AM

Hi guys,

Pool always seems to go down when I'm in bed (and not in a good way!)

Both beta pool and burst.ga have been updated with new fixes including updated 3rd party libraries.
One big issue was socket/filedescriptor starvation so I've upped that limit somewhat.

Crow was right in that the port 80 redirector didn't start up automatically but it does now.
Looks like miners still connected to the pools but the front-end had issues.

smic

Activity: 827

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:33:59 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 11:36:21 PM by smic

hi guys,
in this days i have tested more official pools in the more countries... i have the high latency or certain pools is wrong.
i have decide to update my pool (server is in Central Europe, Milan, IT) and i have good latency. (test in more countries like FR,DE,NL,RUS,SP etc... about my friends).

this is NEW features:

-client is in no-root directory server,  use port 88 for front end to prevent attack

-blockchain explorer and tx explorer is burstcoin.eu

-front end is good viewing with iPhone or iPad

-wallet update to 1.2.2

http://burst8pool.dtdns.net:88

Official Pool

recipients:

BURST-U7MK-G82Y-DX3J-778YX     port 8124 or 88
houmousy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:54:35 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 02:35:41 PM by houmousy

crowtec and catbref is there any reason (other than the server problems which I understand nothing can be done about) why I seem to be getting much lower payments, and none for several hours at a time?
I switched off from the beta as it resulted in a big drop compared to the old burst.ga, and now with update it seems to be the same - plus I get several smaller payments of about 15 etc rather than one or two a day like before, which is just generating extra unnecessary transactions and costing more network fees.
Also is there any way to display the current balance instead or as well as the total paid?
Keep up the good work however
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:00:53 PM

Did not observe such problems. You can pm to me screenshot and log file when this happens?

Not sure how to take pictures of this. Sometimes the miner will just 'stop' mining when a new block happens, occasionally it will start immediately on the new block, but usually it'll just sit there for a little bit. Sometimes it'll spit out some 'fast block or corrupt file. When this happens the % will sometimes sit there after it moves onto a new block, other times there wont be a percentage or a readout (where there normally is) when the new block starts).

Even when it moves onto the next block without displaying the 'fastblock or corrupt file' message and the percentage just freezes, it wont always move on right away to the next block.

From what I've seen it doesn't transition smoothly. This 'transition' isn't consistent. I can watch two different computers mine and even if both get stuck because of a fast block, one sometimes moves on a lot faster (sometimes immediately) compared to the other.

Stopped at Fast block for fastblock but waited 2 minutes:

Stopped at 15% but still waited 1min45s:
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:12:31 PM

Because it won't say that unless it is already 100% funded (and maybe also not until the target block - would have to check with Vasilis about that to be sure).

It *is* crowdfunding because if the target level is not reached it will return the funds (we do understand the concept completely).

We added the "donate" once 100% reached as presumably the project would like to have further funds if it can but we could easily modify the AT so that after the target date any further funds can be refunded.

I guess we could also perhaps extend the AT to always have a Donate button which would send funds immediately to the destination address (if you think that would be an improvement I'll discuss it with Vasilis).

Thanks also for your great patience Smiley

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:15:51 PM

Not sure how to take pictures of this. S

[---]

In Win, use SnippingTool.exe - can take screen pics in any size/part of the screen

Pages: « 1 ... 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 [903] 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: